• Published 22nd Aug 2022
  • 3,176 Views, 114 Comments

Sonic The Hedgehog x My Little Pony: A New Generation - BronySonicFan



Sonic activates an unfinished machine from Eggman, and ends up on a land of colorful talking ponies. Now, he's going to need to find his way back, while he helps some new friends to restore the magic.

  • ...
5
 114
 3,176

Epilogue

He woke up somewhat tired, even though he slept the usual 8 hours he was supposed to sleep. This is how Tails has felt every day for the last 6 months, ever since Sonic was sucked into a portal right in front of his eyes. The image of what he considered his older brother being swallowed by that white portal was repeated in his dreams every night, since he had disappeared. That's why he tried to sleep less, and to concentrate solely on bringing him back.

The problem was that, now that he slept less, he couldn't work as well as before. At other times, he would finish his inventions in a minimum of 2 weeks, and if there were any difficulties, it would take him 1 whole month. That's how skilled Tails was at engineering and mechanics... but ever since Sonic left, his concentration has deteriorated as well. Every time he seemed to be making progress with the machine he had just built, he would discover a bug that forced him to take EVERYTHING apart and start from scratch.

Tails didn't usually mind having to start all over again, in fact, he saw it as an opportunity to improve his engineering and mechanical skills, but with Sonic absent, having to start all over again frustrated him, and he felt like he was failing as a result. friend and as a brother, therefore he spent day and night working on that invention, to show Sonic that he could also count on him.

However, that was only deteriorating the physical aspect of him. Since he was always stuck in his workshop, he didn't eat, and he had lost a little weight, not enough to be alarmed, but he was beginning to lose some weight. He also had huge dark circles under his eyes from how little he slept, costing 2 or 3 times a week. He was also very disheveled and dirty, and did not take a moment to rest or take a bath. He was too involved in building that machine that he claimed would take him back to Sonic.

But his physical appearance was not the only thing deteriorated: his social relationships also went down the drain. He usually went out with Cream to have a good time, now he shamelessly stood her up. Sometimes he would visit Amy for tea or to talk about certain topics that Sonic would never be able to deal with properly, but now he didn't even bother to look for her, although it didn't take a genius to know that Sonic's disappearance had also affected Amy.

And with Knuckles... it was with him that the relationship had worsened the most. Although he never saw him as an older brother, he was aware that he treated him and Sonic like younger brothers. And he was always there to protect them... but Tails' perspective on Knuckles changed when he decided not to save Sonic, even though it was Sonic himself who asked not to be rescued. Since then, Tails does not want to know anything about Knuckles, although in that aspect his life has not been fair either, because the echidna always visits him to see his current state. It wasn't a bad thing: he was just asking him to rest and get enough sleep, because if he wanted to see Sonic, he had to at least look presentable.

In that aspect, Tails agreed, but he thought that he would worry about looking good to see Sonic again when the time came. He always promised Knuckles that he would rest, but he only did it to get rid of the echidna and be able to carry on with his work in peace, without having to be bothered by Knuckles' presence in his workshop. The only interesting thing Knuckles said to him was 2 months ago. He told him that Eggman managed to escape, and that was the only thing that managed to get his attention, but after a while he stopped caring about the news, and went on with his business.

"You're almost done, Tails" he said to himself, getting up from the bed. "You just have to adjust the same coordinates that Eggman used, and you will be able to see him again..."

He walked over to the mirror, and for the first time in 6 months, he was horrified at what he saw. The dark circles under his eyes, his messy fur, his dirty appearance to the degree that his fur had darkened and the smell of sweat that emanated from him, he realized that Knuckles was right, and although he hated to admit it, he must have listened when he told him to get more rest. .

"I guess he's good for something other than guarding that stupid Emerald on Angel Island" he said to himself.

He decided that today he would take it off, and that he would dedicate himself to improving his appearance a little, after all, he was close to fulfilling his goal, so delaying his idea for a few more days wasn't going to harm anyone.

The first thing he did was take a bath, which felt wonderful, because all the dirt on his body disappeared, and his fur was once again its characteristic yellow color. Once he got out of the shower and dried off, he decided to brush his hair back, including his two tails, which he had also neglected by spending all his time finishing that machine. He also ate more than usual, and believe it or not, that helped him gain back some of the weight he lost. Lastly, he said that he would only rest for a few minutes before going back to work, so he lay down on his couch and slept... for 2 whole days, which helped him at the end, since the dark circles under his eyes were already disappearing.

He woke up in his bed, bundled up, and a bit confused, because he knew he had fallen asleep on his couch, so it was strange that he woke up in his bed now. He left the room, finding the last person he wanted to see, which made him frown.

"What are you doing here, Knuckles?" the younger asked in frustration.

"I came by to check on you, and found you very sleepy. I'm glad to see you took better care of yourself…" Knuckles said.

"Great, now that you've seen me, get out of my workshop" Tails requested with annoyance.

"You're not going to get over it, are you?" asked the echidna

"No, and don't expect me to change my mind. You didn't let me save him, I don't have to forgive you" Tails answered, taking an apple out of the fridge, and a few mints from a cabinet.

"As you wish, I won't stop coming until that thing is ready" Knuckles said, starting to walk towards the exit.

Now Tails was intrigued to listen to Knuckles.

"What do you mean 'until that thing is done'?" Tails asked, looking genuinely confused at the echidna, without a hint of anger.

"I was there when he left, Tails. I want to be there when he comes back, because I know you'll be able to bring him back, no matter how difficult or impossible it sounds" the echidna explained. "Besides, you're right that he left because of me. I'd also like to apologize...for not trying to do more..."

For the first time in 6 months, Tails felt genuinely...compassionate towards Knuckles. He's treated him terrible all these months for holding him so tight so he wouldn't try to save Sonic, and now he was standing there, waiting for him to finish building the machine to bring Sonic back. He was still a bit angry, but at least knowing that Knuckles wanted to greet him and apologize was enough to make him think about having a truce with the echidna, at least until Sonic came back.

"...Well...you can stay" Tails said, "But I only ask you not to touch anything unless I ask...please..." the younger asked.

"I won't move anything from his site" Knuckles assured with a neutral expression. "It's not like I understand how that thing works anyway."

In the end, the next 3 days Tails did not work on the machine, but he decided to take care of his body a little more by eating, exercising with Knuckles and sleeping 8 hours a day. In that short period of time, he also managed to reestablish his relationship with Knuckles a little more, and little by little the resentment he felt towards the echidna was disappearing. He also visited Amy, who was actually worse off than him: her hair was disheveled, her dark circles were even bigger than his, and she had been in pajamas for at least 5 months. But having visited her, along with Knuckles, seems to have raised her spirits a little more, although that did not change the fact that her appearance was fatal, not to mention the mess in her house that was much worse. He tried to talk to Cream as well, but was ignored, which didn't make him feel bad at all, since he did the same thing in the past few months, so he felt he deserved it. Anyway, he left a note apologizing, and returned to his workshop with Knuckles.

On the fourth day, Tails finally decided to put the finishing touches on his machine. Now that he was clean, his fur was groomed, his figure was in shape and the dark circles under his eyes were gone, he felt more energetic and inspired. But he still had one more thing to do before making the first test.

"Hey Knux" Tails called to the echidna, who was lying on the ground with his eyes closed.

"What's up?" Knuckles replied.

"I... I'm sorry for distancing myself from you and the others... and I'm also sorry for treating you so badly in the last few months..." Tails apologized with a rueful look.

Knuckles's eyes widened, he stood up and looked at the two-tailed fox. "What happened to not changing your mind?"

"I'm not as good at keeping my word as Sonic... and it's because of him that I've done all this, but I forgot about myself and the others... I'm really sorry" the younger apologized again.

Knuckles smiled slightly, walked up to Tails and lightly patted his head.

"No worries, Tails" assured the echidna. "I must also apologize... I shouldn't have distanced myself so much from you... I guess losing Sonic affected both of us..."

"Well, do you want to find out if he can come back?" the younger asked, to which Knuckles nodded with a smile.

Without further ado, Tails turned on the machine, and began writing down the coordinates he extracted from Eggman's computer before ripping it to shreds.

Little by little, the machine began to cause slight tremors throughout the workshop, due to the large amount of energy he needed to use, and also how large the machine was compared to the one Eggman had built. The machine began to create a small white dot, which gradually grew into a large portal. But the difference with the one that swallowed Sonic was that it was not a totally white portal, but only white around it, because it did show the landscape on the other side: a green field with a gigantic cherry tree in the distance.

"That must be the place!" Tails exclaimed happily.

"Cool!" Knuckles also exclaimed. "I just have one question: is it normal for that thing to be so big and swallowing some of your blueprints?"

Tails noticed what Knuckles was referring to, and got a little nervous.

"I mean, that the portal is so big if it's normal, but that it swallows my blueprints…" the younger stopped talking as soon as he realized what he said. "It's taking my blueprints!"

Without thinking twice, Tails crossed the portal to retrieve the blueprint from him.

"Tails, no!!" Knuckles exclaimed, chasing the younger and also passing through the portal.

But accidentally, running towards the portal, Knuckles hit a lever that began to close it. And as it got smaller now, it began to swallow other things in Tails' lab, like tools, materials, some food... and the machine itself.

"I got them!" Tails exclaimed, charging all the blueprints with him.

"Okay, now let's go back before…" Knuckles tried to say, but noticing all the things coming towards them, Knuckles ran to Tails to cover him.

"Uh oh..." was the only thing the younger said, before being knocked down by the Echidna.

Soon, various materials fell on them, and the portal closed completely, now leaving them stranded in another dimension as well. Knuckles brushed the rubble off of him, and looked around, discovering that he was now in that field, with the cherry tree in the background.

"Great. Now we're in another dimension too…" Knuckles said, then analyzed what he just said and gasped. "Meaning..."

"That we can look for Sonic!" Tails exclaimed excitedly. "Quick, help me lift some of these things!"

"Okay. What do you have in mind?" asked the echidna curiously.

"We will build a plane like the Tornado, and we will look for Sonic" exclaimed the younger with determination.

Author's Note:

And the story is finished now!

Thank you all for reading the story until the end!

I'll see you soon on my TYT adaptation including Sonic. Byeeee!

Comments ( 17 )

Great final chapter, now Knuckles and Tails are in equestria and are now able to look for Sonic, and I am looking forward to the tell your tales story and make your mark as well, great story there and I can’t wait for the next one

Comment posted by Lucasnike123 deleted Sep 10th, 2022

Knuckles and Tails are stuck to. Welp they’re ready for some crazy stuff, because that’s how they roll.

Sonic’s first battle with Eggman is coming soon!

11468732
Oh don't worry, I will! I'm enjoying the story so far! :pinkiehappy:

And I hope you don't mind me offering advice here and there as I read along your stories! :pinkiesmile:

11468768
Nah, don't worry. Criticism is always appreciated! :twilightsmile:

11471537
And he never came back to this story :raritycry:

(I'm not mad, just kinda weirded out that you didn't kept reading :p)

11611166
I'm so sorry! With my life being so hectic as of late and focusing on writing my current story, I've lost track of keeping up with this story. I'll try to finish reading the rest of it.

I hope you'll forgive me. :fluttershysad:

media.tenor.com/VAo_go7UEhUAAAAC/mlp-sweetie-belle.gif

11709843
It's fine, really. Guess I just wanted you to keep up with the whole saga before reaching you know what on February.

11709851
I understand. And thank you!

I won't let you down this time! :pinkiesmile:

So Tails was building another dimension portal to look for Sonic and now he and Knuckles are looking for him. Hope they reunite soon. :fluttershysad:

Anyway, there were some odd wordings, specifically during a conversations between Tails and Knuckles:

"Hey Knux" Tails called to the echidna, who was lying on the ground with his eyes closed.

"Tell me" Knuckles replied.

I thought "tell me" looked weird to me. Maybe it should be, "What is it, Tails" instead?

"No regrets, Tails" assured the echidna.

I think, "No worries, Tails" sounds better in my opinion.

Other than that, great ending for a great story! :pinkiesmile:

11721351
And I can't wait to see how you guy further on your edits! :twilightsmile:

is cream ever gonna forgive tails?

Very good story 😊👍😊

Login or register to comment