• Published 3rd Aug 2022
  • 387 Views, 4 Comments

Applejack Doesn't Know How To Live - BrushyBill1881



An AppleDash Romance: Inspired by the song "Joe Knows How To Live" by Eddy Raven, released 1994

  • ...
1
 4
 387

Just To Remind Us Sometimes

The morning sun crept over the hills of sweet apple acres, and for the first time in a long time Applejack woke up to the rooster's crow. Her eyes slowly opened and she sat up. "Whoo, that's the best I've slept in a long time." The rooster crowed again.

"I hear ya, I hear ya, ya barn owl!" Granny hollered from across the hall. Applejack shook her head laughed. She walked out into the hallway where Apple Bloom was also leaving her room.

"Good morning Apple Bloom," she smiled.

"Gosh Applejack I don't think I've ever seen you up this late."

"Ha, yeah it's been a while." The rooster crowed again. The two sisters heard the distinct sound of a horse shoe hitting a fence post.

"HA! That'll teach you, you bunk house bugler!" Granny came out of her room looking satisfied with herself.

"Well now looky here, looks like you're taking my advice." Granny winked and made her way down stairs. "Come on you wipper snappers, we got breakfast to make." The three made their way to the kitchen, but stopped at the bottom of the stair. They heard the sound of pots and pans and the smell of baking apples.

"Big Mac's back!" Apple Bloom raced to the kitchen, followed by her sister and granny. There was the large red stallion, working away in the kitchen. He turned and saw them.

"Hello," Big Mac smiled and waved. They all greeted back and sat down for breakfast. During breakfast Big Mac told them all about his trip to Coconut Grove. He brought out a few pictures of him and Sugar Belle on the beach and a souvenir hat she had bought him.

"Well sounds like you had a hoot Big Mac," Granny smiled.

"Yeeup. Hope I didn't cause any problems by taking off for a day." Granny Smith and Apple Bloom tensed up and looked over to Applejack. She looked between the two of them and smiled.

"Not at all big brother, glad you got to get a break. Things ran smoothly round here." She continued eating as Apple Bloom and Granny Smith sighed in relief. "But..." Applejack added. The two tensed up again. "I will be out today. Got some plans." All three stared at her.

"You? My sister Applejack take a day off?" Big Mac asked dumbfounded. Applejack smiled and simply said,

"Yeeup." Satisfied with her answer they continued with breakfast. After the morning had passed Applejack went up to her room and grabbed her hat.

"Ok Applejack, you can do this. Just find the tree and tell her you can actually go. No, that you want to go with her." She smiled confidently and went downstairs. "I'm heading out Granny." She waived.

"Enjoy yourself deary. What are you two fillies gonna do?"

"Brushy Bill is doing a Wonder Bolt lecture."

"Brushy Bill?" Granny paused and thought for a second. "Hmm oh yes! That's it, I knew his Grandfather, Bristly Bill." Granny began talking to her self and walking away. "Oh that Bristly, eh uh or was it Brussly Will? No, no that was eh uh..." Applejack laughed and left for the orchard. As expected Rainbow Dash was in her usual 10 AM tree. Applejack walked under it and took a deep breath.

"Hiya Rainbow Dash," she called up to the tree. As if Rainbow Dash wasn't asleep, (she wasn't), she jumped out of the tree and close to Applejack's face.

"Sup AJ!" She had a huge smile on her face.

"Oh um, I was just coming to tell you, that I uh..." Rainbow Dash looked at her with hopeful eyes. "That I got all my work done yesterday, so I can-" she stopped herself. "I want to go with you to the lecture." she smiled and held her breath. As much as Rainbow Dash wanted to play it cool she couldn't contain her excitement.

"Excuse me a second." She shot straight up. Applejack waited in silence for a second before she heard some distant cheering coming from somewhere. Rainbow Dash darted back in. "Cool," she smiled, "Want to head into town and get something to eat before the lecture?" Applejack smiled back.

"I'd like that." The two began walking towards town.

"Did Big Mac have a good trip?"

"Yeah, I think he did, he brought back some pictures and a hat, just to remind us sometimes I guess."

"Remind you of what?" Applejack smiled and looked over at the pony of her dreams.

"Ponies were made to love," Rainbow Dash blushed "Money is made to spend. Life is something, but you will never live again. You gotta know how to live." The two smiled at each other blushing and together started their new journey together.

Author's Note:

Hello y'all
Sorry for another short chapter. Realized a little late this could've probably been a one chapter story. But I am still happy with how it turned out. I hope you all are too. Work is picking up a bit now so we'll see when my next story comes out. So until them remember y'all. Ponies are made to love, money is made to spend(wisely), life is something but you will never live again. You gotta know how to live.
-Brushy Bill

Comments ( 3 )

This was a cute little story. A good premise with good execution, and some cute character moments as well. My only issue might be that you had quite a few mechanical errors throughout, although nothing too distracting. All in all, it was very enjoyable. Good job!

11320691
Thank you friend, I hope you enjoyed of the rest of the story. I am sorry 1994 was such a rough one for you.

11330873
Well hello again friend,
I'm glad you came back to read another one of my stories. Thank you for the critiques, I do quite a bit of academic writing so these little stories are little breaks from that. That probably explain all my mechanical errors. None the less I am glad you enjoyed it! I always appreciate your comments!

Login or register to comment