• Published 15th Sep 2012
  • 1,249 Views, 76 Comments

The Mark - dragonlover2864



Slenderpony's origins and cutie mark story

  • ...
1
 76
 1,249

Hearth's Warming

“Yes, a true prodigy. The perfect apprentice. The darkness shall do your bidding, and I shall teach you of it’s ways.” His voice was a soft purr in my head. I smiled as he continued. “We’ll remain hidden from those around you but we shall still be there.” With that, he was gone, as was the black color to my horn.

I was exhausted. The past night had been longer than expect. I decided to head back home. He was still with me. I find it hard to explain how. It was like he was there, in my head, like a silent ghost.

My house came into view and with renewed strength, I galloped home.

Carrot Top had fallen asleep in front of the door. I smiled and nudged her gently. She must have been extremely worried about me.

Her eyes fluttered and then shot open “Where the hell have you been?!! I’ve been worried sick. Explain yourself mister!!”

I reached back into my saddle bag and pulled out the envelope. “I was with Ms. Fluttershy. She needed help bringing some things home. We got to chatting and I lost track of time. Before I left though, she gave me the envelope. You are to mix this powder with the water for your garden. It’ll keep the slugs away.”

She took the powder and set it down. “I’m sorry” she hugged me “I’ve just been worried about you since the fight at school.”

I hugged her back “I’m fine, just a little tired.” I yawned so as to add emphasis. She let me go.

“Okay. Try not to sleep in to late.” She watched me as I walked past. “Sleep tight. Good ni- Well morning I guess.”

I snickered “Yes, good morning to you too.”

I walked up the stairs and into my room. After quickly getting out of my hoodie, I plopped down on my bed. “What a long night...” I couldn’t even finish my thought before passing out.

She was in front of me. We were in the woods. We were both full grown. How did we get here? Wasn’t I just in my bed? I shook my head.

“Night? What are we-”

She took a step back. “D-don’t touch me! I’ll scream!” She was horrified.

Wait.

I could see around me. It wasn’t my magic. I only saw what was ahead of me... And what was ahead of me I didn’t want to see.

Night’s eyes were brimmed with tears. What was wrong? Why is she scared? Wa-Was it me? What was wrong with me?

A little head poke out from behind Night and looked at me. It was a little foal, she had white fur with a green tipped black mane. “Mama?”

“Mama?” I looked at Night. “Ma- Night..” It crashed down on me. I fell to my knees. Night took this as her chance to run. She spun around and gave the foal and hard push. The foal took the hint and ran as fast as her legs would carry her. “Night! Wait!!” Tears streamed down my face. Those I loved were running from me in fear. I fell onto my side as despair sank in.

I had managed to fling myself right off the bed. Hitting the floor jolted me awake. “Oh Celestia.. It was only a dream.. Ow.” My head was pounding. Light streamed in through my windows, only making my headache worse. I ventured a look outside, it had to be nearly noon.

I closed my curtains and reached under my bed. I pulled out a journal. Opening it up I stopped a few pages in. I kept a picture of my mother there. I smiled and closed the journal. “It was only a nightmare.. Only a nightmare..”

The nightmares continued for the following weeks. Hearth’s Warming Eve was fast approaching and I still had no gifts for anypony I loved. I had been losing a lot of sleep and was getting paranoid.

“Hey!! Why ya lookin’ so down there kiddo?” A bright pink pony was bouncing up and down in front of me. I guess I could tell her. Her brain goes to fast to remember my woes anyways.

“Just don’t know what to get everypony for Hearth’s warming.. There’s Carrot Top, Night Glow, my “grand parents”...”

“Oh pfft. Carrot top? Thats easy. Give her this!” The pony pulled out a packet of seeds and handed them to me. “These are rare!! They only bloom ONCE a year! On Hearth’s Warming no less!” She turned and walked away. I was confused. But ran to Carrot Tops store, Golden Harvest.

“Hey Slendy!” Carrot top was behind the counter She waved and went back to what she was doing. I looked around for the perfect pot. “I’ll be getting off soon and Time Turner will be here to take over. Would you like to go to lunch with me?”

“Sorry no. I have some things I need to get done.”

“Well put a scarf on!! It’s starting to snow.”

“My coat isn’t enough?”

“No.”

After a farce of a fight with Carrot top, she clocked out and took off. “Don’t stay to long, I swear, that Time Turner is insane!”

“Yes ma’am! It’ll take approximately 3 months for that bush to grow.” He was on the phone with a customer. I turned and went back to the pots. I found an ornate one and walked up to Time Turner. He was still one the phone. I waited patently, admiring his simple coat color. Brown. Natural. With a darker brown mane. I was getting bored.I tapped my hoof on the counter. While still on the phone with the customer, Time Turner rung me up and quietly gave me my change. I waved a silently goodbye and left.

“Just a moment ma’am.” He put the phone down. “Hold on Slends. Got something for ya.” He slipped into the storage room and came out with a multi-colored scarf “Heard Carrot Top chewing your bum out. Here ya go mate.” He tossed the scarf at me and wished me a happy Hearth’s Warming.

I wrapped the scarf around my neck and left. “Now how do I get this to grow before Hearths Warming?” I was lost in thought and bumped into something. I lost the pot and it flew through the air. “NO!” The pot smashed into the ground, shattering into billions of peices. “Gah!! NOOO!!!” I ran over and started picking up the big chunks. “What did I even run into?” I looked over my shoulder. “Oh..”

A wall-eyed pegasus looked at me. “I just don’t know what went wrong!” She had dropped a package when we bumped. I rolled my eyes and picked it up for her. The box read fragile. I gave it a small shake and cringed. WAS fragile...

“Here. You dropped this” I handed her the package. She accepted it and looked at the address. She looked around and locked on something. She giggled and galloped to one of the kiosks on the road.

I picked up my stuff and with a sense of forboding, went back into Golden Harvest. “Time-Turner?” He looked down at me/

“Slends! What happe-”

“DERPY!!”

We both cringed as we turned to see a storekeeper chasing the pegasus. I pointed at the scene and gave Time Turner a look.

“I see. I think we have one more of those pots in the back. He came back with the pot.

“Thank you Times. Hw much s it?”

He shook his head. “No charge.”

I left and, watching my back, went home to put the stuff safely in my room. I planted the seeds and watered them. I left again after setting the pot in the window.

“Now for Night Glow.” I wanted to get some thing extravagant for her. I’d been saving up all of my bits to buy something awesome. But all the things I’m sure she would like, her mom most likely has or has better....

“Still sad?” It was that pink pony again, this time with a cyan pegasus.

“Hey kid, whats the matter?” The Cyan pony flipped her rainbow mane out of her eyes, looking at me.

“I need the perfect gift for Night Glow...”

“Vinyls girl?” The pony smiled. “I was just with her! She was eying this outfit.. But it was up in Canterlot..”

“Why were you guys up in Canterlot??”

“Twi had to visit Luna, and everyone tagged along. Vinyl wanted to go see Octavia. Night Glow also wanted to go and do some Hearth’s Warming shopping. Think she had somepony in mind.” She scratched her chin. “Oh! Hey! I’m Rainbow Dash by the way, and that is Pinke Pie.”

“Slenderm- Slendy” Slendermane? I shook my head. “How am I going to get to Canterlot?!” I let out a frusterated moan.

Dash snickered “I’ll get ya there and back. I got some time and bits to waste. Wanna come Pinkie?” After a zealous yes from th pink pony we left.

~~~~~~~~

I got back late at night. I wrapped Night’s present and went to sleep. No nightmares for once, just a peaceful void filled with nothing but a quiet murmur. The murmur sounded something like a song, song by the most talented pony in all of Equestria.

When I woke up the sun was just passing over the horizon and snow was floating to the ground. I yawned and stretched. Tonight I was going to Night’s for a Hearths Warming party. Night assured me it would be calm, that Octavia had planned the whole thing.

I got up and set out my outfit for the night. A nice black tux with a red silk tie. Simple, but nice.

I spent the day worrying about how I would handle tonight. I eventually got ready and left.

I entered Nights house and was greeted by Vinyl. She shook my hoof. “You look great Slendy!” I smiled back at her, glancing around for Night. Vinyl rolled her eyes, “she’s in the kitchen.”

I nodded and left. I’d been her a few times to work on homework with Night. I entered the kitchen. She was getting a glass of punch. She turned and my jaw dropped. She was wearing the most beautiful dress I had ever seen. Black with lime green trim and red sequins along the bottom of it.

“You like it?” Night looked confused? “I think it’s hideous. Octavia made me wear it. Said I need to look good for the guests.” She made a gagging noise and pointed at her mouth, rolling her eyes. She laughed and hugged me.

“Well it looks good anyways.” I hugged her back. We joined everyone in the dining room. A huge, long table was set up in the middle, covered with food. It all smelt so good! Baked, glazed carrots, hay casserole? Wow! The spread looked amazing. Everypony was starting to take their seats. Night lead us to the end of the table. Vinyl Sat on the end of the table. Octavia was to her left. Night sat to her left and told me to sit next to her.

Dinner was amazing, but I ate a bit to much apple crisp. My stomach was extended and I was more than full. We all sat there talking about this and that, giving ourselves time to digest.

After my stomach had settled I excused myself from the table, Night following me. We walked around the house trying to find a place to be alone. The house was to crowded so we went outside.

“Happy Hearth’s warming.” Night handed me a hastily wrapped present.

“You didn’t have to...” I opened it and was greeted by a box. I opened the box and pulled out a hoody. It was grey and black with gold accents. It had gold wings printed on the back. It was awesome! The coolest gift I’d ever seen. I wanted to put it on, but instead I wrapped it around Night’s shoulders. She was shivering. She smiled.

“I’ll be right back. Your present is inside.” I trotted inside and grabbed her present. I had it wrapped back in Canterlot. It was a rather large box so I hid it here yesterday with Vinyl.

I brought it outside. I looked at Night. Snow flakes had fallen on her eyelashes and her eyes sparkled as she saw the gift. I gave it to her and watched her open it.

“It’s a full raver mares outfit! Oh Slendy you shouldn’t have! But how..? This was in Canterlot.”

“Rainbow Dash took me. told me what you were looking at.”

“I love it! Here I’m gonna go try it on!” She went inside.” I sat in the cold waiting patiently. A few minuets later she came out.

She came out with a black hoodie on. It had glow in the dark green trim and a green fake mohawk mane. She was wearing green leg fluffies and a short black and green skirt. To complete the look I also bought her a pack of 100 glowsticks and 2 LED pink glowsticks. She was in heaven.

“Happy Hearths warming Night Glow.”

Author's Note:

No as "fuck-shit-uppy" as some thought it would be. Oh well. My longest chapter yet!!

Comments ( 25 )

Awesome I've been waiting for a new one!:raritystarry:
Keep up the good work.:twilightsmile:
Happy holidays.:pinkiehappy:

KISS FOALS:flutterrage: also good chapter:yay:

Wh... I was promised carnal rage!
Oh im just steaming mad un favourite dislike.
I.... I didn't.... Actually do that. Well it wasn't slendermane destroying everything you love (yay) but nonetheless very good. :raritywink:

1856254 Yeeeaaa-- Well I had other plans. He shall fuck shit up soon, I promise.. :rainbowderp: maybe. I have a general mapping of the plot in my head. Things WIL GET DARK FROM HERE. I'm working on another story though. More of a "slice-of-life" That has no gory endings.. But this will be gory. I Promise. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!! :pinkiecrazy:

Alright here's what I have to say about the new chapters:

There are a few spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes. I can understand it from my perspective do to the fact a good amount of people look forward to this fic and really want the new chapters to come out. I for one, is one of them that look forward to this fic. It has an amazing story to it so far and I can not wait for more :twilightsmile:.

My rating for the new chapters that came out: 4.7/5.

Last .3 is just for the small spelling mistakes :twilightblush:.

Can't wait for the next chapter :eeyup:.

1933824 I'm glad that you like more story so far. Though I feel I must defend myself.

My grammar mistakes are due to my writing this in the pages application on my Macbook. It simply does not catch all of my mistakes like Microsoft Word does. I am however getting a friend to be my proof-reader so that future chapters and stories and more pleasing to one's brain.

Also. I feel that only a handful of people read, let alone like, my fan-fic.

I do hope that this picks up with the upcoming chapters. I want this to be a popular story, like cupcakes or My Roommate is a Vampire.
But I also appreciate my small audience. I feel like they are devoted to reading my rare new chapters *cough cough* Citpo *cough* be

Maybe my new story will. It'll feature more well known ponies then some background pony and a crossover horror meme. Though both are in my new story.

My new story will be uploaded in the next couple of days, AFTER my friend proofreader, ya know, proofreads it. :twilightsheepish:

1935111 I understand your situation, I wasn't pointing out your grammar mistakes in a negative way though :derpytongue2:.

Anyways, keep up the good work and I'm pretty sure if you post this fic in one of the writer's group folders it will begin to become more noticed. Just a small tip if you would like to go ahead and do it :applejackunsure:.

1938464 http://www.fimfiction.net/group/50/the-writers-group - Click this link, join the group and then go to your story and under your story it will say "Add to Group". Click Writer's Group and you will get a list of folders of types of stories in it.

1939500 Is that all? Nothing else to it?

1939513 Now you just sit back and see if people start to see it in the folder :raritywink:

1939520Woo! Perhaps I should do that with my new story... Oh Celestia, I'm gonna end up milking this for everything it's worth...

8728843
Yes moar...
I took a cup, filled it with dirt. I call it cup o dirt

1939574
It's been FIVE YEARS!!!

8802680
Omg You came back... You were still looking for this... now it's been ten years.. I'm so sorry everyone. Life got hard and now we're here. I Just reread this for the first time in almost 10 years. I almost want to continue this now.

11413773
Wow I didn't expect to get a notification from this story. So much has changed since I made that comment. I'm even more surprised to see activity from a story made 10 years ago.

11413823
So much has happened in 10 years, I agree 😅 I only jumped back on tonight becuase of a customer. They wanted cover art for a fic they'd commisioned(from someone else) and I wanted to read it. Thought I'd see if I could get back into my old account too and now I'm here. I was afraid of what cringe 16 year old me had written.. But to be totally honest, this was pretty solid for a 16 year old. Now a days I make cartoons and comics

11413823
Should I continue where I left off? Slenderman(pony) has kinda run it's course. Maybe rehash it entirely, start from the beginning and go from there?

Login or register to comment