• Published 25th Nov 2021
  • 422 Views, 8 Comments

One Last Hearths Warming - DakariKingMykan



An elderly pony poses as a beggar to get close to someone.

  • ...
44
 8
 422

Closing Act: Come and Go

CLOSING ACT

Sun didn’t bother to tell her kids about Jangles, not wanting to upset them at their young ages. She wanted them to have a good and happy Hearths Warming.

“What happened to Mr. Jangles?” asked Lily.

“Is he ever coming back?” added Woody.

Sun could only handle it as best she could. “I’m not sure we’ll ever see him again. We can just hope that he’s gone someplace better, where good things happen to good ponies.”

The kids bought her story, but only Sun and her folks knew the truth.


Sun would go out every day she could to visit her real father in the hospital, feeling she wanted to make his last moments special.

Coin Jangles looked so happy, even in his declining moments.


Sadly, he didn’t make it to Hearths Warming!

…Early in the morning, December 23rd, he died in his sleep. Sun was positively heart-broken, so were Twilight, Starlight, and Spike.

When the rest of Twilight’s friends heard, they felt equally as hurt. They knew Jangles well too, and were devastated to hear of what happened to him.


It was very hard for Sun to keep a brave face over the holidays, even when her husband came down from Canterlot to join them.

Sun told him what had happened, and made him promise not to tell the kids.

Every-Pony still did their best to have a good Hearths Warming, and not let Jangles’ passing affect them too much…

…But each and every night, each and every one of them, even Steel and Bookcase would say a prayer to him, and praying he was indeed in a better place now.

The Funeral was held just before New-Years, and Steel and Bookcase watched over the kids so Sun and her husband would attend the service, along with Twilight and co.

Even though it was still early, Sun opened the envelope her father had left her. It turned out to be a will he made out. He had given her his home in Ponyville as a little get away place, or if she ever thought of moving to Ponyville sometime.

He had also enclosed to her a cheque which amount to his entire life savings and retirement pay.

Sun felt so touched that she cried a few tears. She would deal with the house another day; after she rested up and found time.

As for the money, rather than keep it, because she and her husband were already financially fine with their careers. She decided to donate the money and start a new charity funding to help find cures for cancer.

She did it all in the memory of her birth-father, but she didn’t tell anyone, again, for the sake of her children.

Only her adoptive folks, her husband, and Twilight and Friends knew.

Hearths Warming would come and go, and it couldn’t be ignored… even during the holiest, brightest, and jolliest time of year, anything could happen-- good or bad.

All anyone could really do was to be prepared for them, and learn from them.

Author's Note:

So, even without being overly evil and hostile to Twilight this time, I still managed to show that bad things can still happen, and crush her joyful spirit.

However, I'm going to spare the Home Alone clip this time...

My grandmother died a week before Christmas in 2018 (She had Cancer) and that was part of my inspo for this fic.

Comments ( 7 )

I wish there were some comments here so I'd know why this story is so heavily downvoted. Usually I only see these numbers for stories with a depraved fetish...

11062644

(You and I are about to have these comments downvoted)

Have you seen the toxicness of this site? That's why. I post one chapter of one thing, and the story will get nearly 30 downvotes like that cuz people are disrespectful pricks, and only favor people who are hostile to me. Some of them admit they don't even READ the story and just downvote it anyway.

Poisonous Pricks...

wertyui #3 · Nov 26th, 2021 · · 10 ·

Thank you, this was another excellent, chilling, and heartbreaking fic. I'd even argue this was your best written holiday story of all! And it may not feel like much, but I do wish you and yours a very merry Christmas. You deserve happiness, more than you think you do.

This was a perfectly fine story, and even fits the whole Holiday theme. I really don't understand the downvoting, guess this site is just cancer.

11063781

You don't know the half of it...

I post one chapter of a new story... whaam... 20-30 downvotes like that.

Bad bloggers...

https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/971737/one-last-hearths-warming-chapter-1-constructive-criticism

And just now... anything I say even "Hello" or "Thank you" tons of downvotes

Even you and others got downvoted for not being hostile with me (They claim "No decent" person would like my "Garbage")

Such intoxicates.

new55 #6 · Dec 5th, 2021 · · 8 ·

That was a good story its sad to see so many people downvoted it just because they don't like you.

Login or register to comment