• ...
1
 10
 991

Chapter 1 : The Beginning

Author's Note:

Wood (father) : 37 years old

Rose(Mother) : 36 years old

Inferno : 21 years old
Ebon Heart : 20 years old

Silent Crow (kashi) : 18 years old
Winter : 17 years old


Back from the Dead !

Winter, with his head down, quietly ate his porridge as his father scolded his brothers for what happend early in the morning.

"I can't believe you allowed your brother to do such a reckless act," Woodcutter said as his beloved wife, Rose, poured another round of coffee for him. He really needed it. He had a stern look on his face, his gaze moving from his eldest to his youngest and back to his eldest.

"Calm down dear," Rose said with a small smile. "Everything is over. I'm just glad no pony was hurt."

"I guess." Woodcutter sighed. " Stallions will be Stallions. But they still need to be punished. Especially this one. "

"Awww, come on Pa ! " Inferno said, porridge dripping from his mouth. He just woke up from his daydream. "What about them ! "

Rose wiped the porridge of his muzzle. "You are the eldest Ferny, you are responsible for your siblings. They look up to you. Now eat properly. "

Inferno sighed as he looked down at his porridge. " Sorry Ma."

"Ebony, stop playing with your food."

Ebony was flatting his porridge with the back of his spoon, an amazing feat for a creature with no fingers . "But Ma....I don't like porridge. Can I have pancakes instead ? "

Before Ma could respond. "No Ebon Heart. Eat your porridge. That's your punshiment."

"But Pa......"

"Unless you want to join Inferno in the fields, I have no problem."

Ebony kept his mouth shut and began to eat his porridge albeit with some grumbling.

Rose rubbed Ebony's mane. "I'll make some pancakes later. Ok ?"

"What about Kashi ?" Inferno suddenly said. "How come he doesn't get any punishment ?"

Crow did not bother to look up. "I'm working late today. That's punishment on it's own."

Kashi worked as a P.E teacher at the Maretime Bay school and as a form teacher for two classes. He is the youngest in his field (18 years old). He's basically the same age as his students.

"Don't need to rub it in." Ebony said. Inferno nodded in agreement.

"Come on guys. We've been through this." Woodcutter said at his sons dejected stares. "You know you cannot go in public."

"I can use my magic to hide our identities." Inferno countered.

"What happens if your magic goes sideways ? " Pa countered back.

This was the main argument that occured almost every week. Crow could roam and work freely in Maretime Bay simply because he was an earth pony. Ebon Heart was a Pegasus or a blood sucking winged demon if you wanted to believe the local racist view. Inferno was not in a better position to go out either. He had a horn along with a pair of wings. He was an Alicorn which was a suprise to his pony parents when they inquired about such details with a dear friend of theirs who sadly passed on. Their youngest, Winter, was a pegasus as well but his situation was more complicating than his wings...

"Winter, your fangs are showing."

"S-sorry Pa." Winter said as he closed his mouth, suprised.

His fangs were very tiny, barely noticeable, but when he opened his mouth to a certain degree such as laughing or simply daydreaming with a open mouth, which he often did, his fangs would glint.

Pa sighed. "It's for your own good Winter. There is nothing wrong with you. It's just, the world out there. It's a cruel place. Anything a pony does not understand or is an unknown to them becomes a fear that they use to justifiy discrimination and cruelty unto others. I am simply preparing you. All of you. Do your'll understand ?"

All four brothers nodded.

Pa smiled at his sons . "Now let's finish breakfast and start our day."


Woodcutter and Rose were alone in the kitchen. Their children were waiting outside for the father to start their morning routine.

"You know we can't keep them sheltered forever, Wood. " Rose said as she rested her head on his.

Wood sighed. "I know Rose. But Winter. I just can't help but feel that he's going to have a hard life." Their foals were special, destined for great things. He just knows fate has something great in store for them. But Winter, was the most special out of them all. Woodcutter worried about all his foals but Kashi was working and sometimes even showed more intelligence and maturity than any wise old pony could ever offer. He was respectful and the sensible one. Ebon Heart has his rebel moments but is also mature and serious as well. Inferno, although he goofs most of the time, he also shows immense wisdom that suprises him. Really suprises him. As if he lived for a really long time.

"Pa ! Ma ! Inferno choked on his own spit again !"

Pa slumped his head down. Mabye he should worry about Inferno as well.

Rose chuckled at her slumped husband. "You worry to much Wood. Take it one day at a time. Who knows, mabye Martime Bay would change for the better and accept our colts."

Wood smiled at his beloved wife as he stood up. Why could'nt he be optimistic as her ? "Mabye, Rose....after the current Mayor kicks the bucket that is. "

*Thwack !*

"Ouch ! I-I-I was joking ok !" Wood said as he rubbed his head. "Geez."

Rose frowned. "Despite everything she had done to us...to you, she's still by big sister. So no slandering any family members."

Wood rolled his eye's as he did an overdramatic bow. "Sure, sure. Whatever her highness ordains, this humble servant will comply.....when her highness is around that is."

He said the last part quietly but Rose heard it crystal clear. Her lips curled into a dangerous smile. "Would you please repeat what you said my humble servant ?"

Wood was sweating bullets. "Uhmmm....Uh....I mean-....." Oh no.

Rose approached her prey slowly. "It seems the servant needs a few lessons in manners."

Wood gulped. Today was going to be one heck of a day.


The four brothers were outside waiting for their father to begin their morning exercise. There was fine breeze blowing, carring the salt from the sea. Since the house was on a sea side cliff. The rising sun emerging from the sea was a breathtaking scene.

"I'm sorry." Winter said, his head down in shame. "It's all my fault Pa is punishing your'll."

Ebon Heart shook his head. "It's not your fault Winter. We volunteered on our own to help you out with your catapult, right Kashi."

Silent Crow nodded. "We knew the risks."

"You should really get rid of that mask, It's like you have no mouth. You must be giving the foals nightmares at that school."

Winter tried his best not to laugh as Inferno badly pretended to be a scared foal. "Ahhhhhhh! Save me from the faceless pony ! Helllllllp meeeeeeee !"

Winter burst out laughing as Ebony shook his head, trying his best not to smile. Kashi meanwhile simply sighed. "It would be better if you would turn around."

"Why ? So you can get the jump on me ?" Inferno taunted back.

"No, beacuse Pa is behind you."

Inferno immediately swung his head, revaling his father looking amused. "To think you had all grown up. Still screaming like a little filly."

"Aww. Come on Pa ! That was uncalled for." Inferno grumbled as his siblings chuckled, even Kashi had a small smile.

"Pa ? Are you okay ?" Winter said, concerned.

"I-I-I-I'm ok." Wood said as he cleared his thraot , walking immedialty away. "Enough talk ! L-Lets begin your excercise ! "

The four siblings watched their father limping away, his flanks clearly burning red.

"I wish I could unsee that." Ebon Heart said, his face turning red.

"See what ? I can't see anything !"

" It's for your own good Winter " Inferno said, his wing covering his eyes. "Kashi, your nose...I think it's bleeding.....hey wait a minute... Kashi ! What the heck you thinking about !?"

"Let's just begin our training please." Grumbled Ebon Heart.

"No arguments here."

....And so the brothers began their routine.

Comments ( 3 )

Good story so far, nice job on it exited to see where it goes.

I'm surprised and pleased that you decided to resurrect this story and I definitely look forward to seeing where this goes

We need more chapters it's too good to be stopped

Login or register to comment