• Published 27th Sep 2021
  • 264 Views, 1 Comments

The Ghost of Cozy Glow the Third Story - SapphireRose87



Aside from being the Queen of Hell I have other things to worry about. I have to stop a rampaging clown named Mr. Giggles before he eats all of the citizens of Equestria!

  • ...
26
 1
 264

26) Out of the Clown and back into reality

{Jasper}

As I watched anxiously, constantly looking out the balcony of the watchtower, I knew something was wrong but I couldn't place my finger on what it was. I knew that Norman, Betty, Cozy Glow, and Dae were doing everything in their power to stop Mr. Giggles. But I wasn't going to be satisfied until they were home safe. The last time I looked out of the balcony, I finally saw Norman, Dae, Cozy Glow. and Betty coming back. I quickly ran downstairs. "Guys, they're home!"

I ran out of the watchtower as fast as I could, with the rest of the family that was in the watchtower with me following close by. We stopped short when we saw Norman holding Betty in his arms.

"What happened?" I asked.

Cozy Glow sighed. "Mr. Giggles ate Aunt Betty, and even though her magic slowly killed him from the inside out, Uncle Dae, Dad, and I helped speed up his death. I used that arrow trick that Grandpa Discord taught me and I got Mr. Giggles to show his true form. Mr. Giggles said he was torturing Aunt Betty while she was inside his stomach. I suspect that either my arrow trick or the torture did this to her."

Discord smiled and shook his head. "No, Cozy Glow, it wasn't your arrow that did this. That type of attack was to protect Betty from Mr. Giggles’ mind games. That attack combined with the one that gets him to show his true form is what saved Betty."

"And I have a confession to make. That stunning arrow attack I showed you, that type of attack senses someone's true intent and decides whether or not to kill them."

Cozy Glow gasped. "That's what happened to Mom? Her evil intent killed her?"

Discord nodded. "Yup, she was trying to kill your father, so yeah. You did great, Cozy Glow!"

A look of relief was on Cozy Glow's face. "Well, the question is, how do we get Aunt Betty to wake up?"

As I listened to this whole conversation, I was trying to figure out how to get Betty to wake up. I knew Betty was in a deep sleep as soon as I saw her. Then I figured it out, but there was no way to tell if it would work or not. But it was worth a try. "I think I know of a way that might help and I say might because I'm not sure if it will work."

"What are you talking about, Jasper?" Norman asked.

"Well, I've done this several times in the hospital with patients that are in a coma. I can get inside a person's present dream and pull them back to reality by it," I answered. "But since Betty's a Death Walker, and a Demon on top of that, I'm not sure if it'll work. But it's worth a try."

Everyone nodded. We took Betty up to the watchtower and put her on a cot next to my bed. I grabbed my Dreamwalker tool and after I lay down on my bed, I turned it on and instantly fell asleep.

* * *

{Betty}

I didn't know what was happening to me. All I knew was that I was dreaming. It had to be a dream. Which was strange because demons don't dream when they sleep. Not as far as I know of. I tried as hard as I could but I just couldn't wake up.

It wasn't so much of a dream, as much as a nightmare that I was stuck in because it was an old memory I was having about when I was seven years old and Norman was six years old.

Norman had just stood up for me when Mom was getting ready to smack me for not cleaning a glass of milk that Norman had just spilled on the floor. Afterward, Norman helped me clean up the mess that he made. We were headed towards the living room to go watch TV when Mom came after Norman with a baseball bat.

I saw Mom coming and stepped in front of Norman to shield him from the attack. That was when Mom started to beat me with the bat instead. Norman pleaded with Mom to stop but his pleas fell on deaf ears. I sank to my knees in pain until the bat finally broke. After that, I passed out.

The memory just kept playing over and over again and I couldn't get to stop. After what seemed like forever, I heard Jasper shout, "ENOUGH!"

Instantly, the memory disappeared and I let out a sigh of relief when it stopped. I was puzzled when I saw Jasper standing there and realized he was able to get rid of the memory.

"Wow," said Jasper, "Norman told me your Mom was psycho, but I didn't think it was that bad!"

When Jasper said that, I smiled. After recovering from the pain of the memory I just had, I decided to relive another memory. It was a happy memory for me now that I look back on it. The memory was about the day I killed Mom.

Jasper tilted his head. "What's that happy look for, Betty?"

"Just watch, Jasper." I pointed my index finger out into the open air and the memory played.

The memory started with my Mom standing in front of me with the hole in her chest from the severe wound I just dealt her. I saw her come up to me and embrace me and she said, "What I want to say to you . . . Before I die . . . Is . . . I love you."

Seething with anger, I said, "Like I care!"

I pushed her away from me and punched her in her chest where the severe wound was. After she went flying down the steps, the last word she uttered was my name.

"And don't ever say my name again!" I snarled.

After the memory played, I started laughing like a psycho.

"Okay," said Jasper, "what's so funny?"

I chuckled. "It's funny because every time I have a bad memory, I just replace it with this one, and voila! I'm a sane woman again!"

Jasper snorted. "Well, whatever helps, I guess. You got closure on that, at least. Now, come on, let's get you out of here!"

I paused and looked around. I couldn't get my bearings as to where I was. "Uh, exactly where is here?"

"You're in the dream realm," answered Jasper. "Since I take care of the night now, part of my responsibilities is to go into a person's dream and help them deal with it."

"Oh, I see," I said. "But if we're in a dream world, then why can't I wake up?"

"Well, you're actually in a coma from being inside Mr. Giggles’ stomach," Jasper explained.

My eyes went wide. "You mean that clown actually ate me?"

Jasper nodded. "Yup, and Cozy Glow, Norman, and Dae sped up his death so they could get to you."

I paused. "Speed up his death?"

"Yup," replied Jasper, "your magic was wreaking havoc on Mr. Giggles, slowly killing him from the inside out. So Cozy Glow, Norman, and Dae took the opportunity to help you kill him. So the rampaging clown is dead, finally."

"Works for me!" I said.

With that, Jasper grabbed my hand and we walked out of the dream realm together.

* * *

The next time I opened my eyes, I was in Jasper's bedroom, lying on a cot next to his bed. Jasper opened his eyes, looked at me, and smiled. "Welcome back, Betty!"

I looked around the room to see my family all let out sighs of relief now that I was awake. Everyone from the main branch of my family and Norman's family, except for Robert, was there. Norman reached over and licked my ear and then Dae followed suit by biting my other ear.

"Gross!" I said. Everyone laughed as I gave Dae and Norman a look of annoyance. "Okay, first of all, Norman, gross. Dae, I'm not food!"

Cozy Glow laughed. "We're just happy you're awake!"

"It seems that Mr. Giggle's form of torture for Betty was a bad memory playing over and over again," Jasper said.

"What memory was it?" Norman asked.

"Do you remember the day your mother came after Betty with a baseball bat and beat her with it until it broke?" Jasper replied.

Norman snarled and balled his hands into fists. "Yeah, I remember that day, all right! Mom almost killed Betty that day. When Betty passed out, Mom panicked and rushed her to the hospital. Since the police couldn't pin Mom down for child abuse, once Betty recovered, they sent her right back home."

Everyone except me and Norman gasped when they heard this. I chuckled, "It's okay Norman."

"No, it's not okay!" Norman snapped.

"Actually, it is okay, you want to know why?" I said.

Norman took on a puzzled look. "Why?"

"Well, for one I killed the witch," I responded, "and, number two, I still have something to remember what I did that day."

Norman paused. "Huh?"

From my right breast pocket, I pulled out Mom’s calling card I had retrieved from where our fight had taken place.

Dae laughed. "I forgot you still had that thing. If it were me, I would've burned it by now."

"That's exactly what I told her," Norman said.

"I keep it to remind me of why I do the things I do to protect people before they need to be saved," I explained. "Although I'm still confused about why I got my first medal after losing half of my tracking team when I wasn't there to protect them."

Dae groaned. "Oh boy, remember what I said about not being able to protect all of the citizens of Hell? Your teammates went into that job knowing that it could be dangerous because of who they were after. You did the same thing. As a matter of fact, ever since you became a Death Walker you used your strength to protect as many people as you can. Don't you remember catching Queen Chrysalis and Grogar?"

I nodded. "Yes."

"You did that with your strength and determination to protect people. Before you caught Tirek you actually promised yourself that you would protect everyone," Dae answered. "I still think that was a stupid promise to make but you kept it and did what you set out to do."

"You know, Headcouniclman did tell me that medals that I got are very rarely handed out," I said.

Norman tilted his head. "What do you mean by that?"

"Well, they're called 'What Honors the Gods' and they're for those that know what it means to protect people and actually do it," I explained. "For those who protect others, no matter what country they're in. Apparently, that's what I do. I can't help it. I guess, it's within my nature to do that. And, no, I don't want the God title added onto the title I already have as a Legend. I'm not taking that title either, so don't bother!"

Everyone seemed to get a real kick out of that because they burst into laughter.

"I don't know, Betty," teased Norman, "I might just get J.J. Knoll to write another history book about you and have him call it 'The Legendary God Death Walker Betty Jewel!'"

"That's not funny, Norman!" I said. I tried to get out of bed but when I stood up, I felt woozy, so I sat back down. I looked over at Dae and it looked like there were two of him sitting beside me. "Uh, Dae?"

"Yes, Betty?" Dae responded.

"How many of you are there in front of me?" I asked.

"Based on that response," said Dae, "you're not getting out of bed for a little bit. You need to rest and recover before you go to the Church of Satan to finish building up your strength."

"We should probably move her to the bedroom you guys always stay in when you come for a visit?" Norman suggested.

Dae nodded. "Uh-huh. I totally agree."

"Well, I know one thing for sure," I said.

"What?" Dae said.

"I'm not going to sleep as long as I-" I stopped myself and then said, "Well, I would say as long as I live, but since I'm dead, I guess as long as I'm dead!"

Everyone burst into laughter at that statement. I had to admit what I said was funny that time.

* * *

A few weeks later, I had recovered enough from being in Mr. Giggles’ stomach.

I also received some good news. Robert finally told Jasper and Norman the words, 'I'm sorry' and 'I love you'. Now Jasper, Norman, and Robert are moving forward in fixing issues in their relationship. Eventually, Robert was let off of house arrest because of it.

Norman moved on from Sunset and married a regular woman, who's not a Death Walker or anything like that, named Sharen. She was considered part of the main branch of the family because she married Norman directly.

The next time I met with Sawyer, he told me that I didn't learn the Mirror Technique for nothing. He said there were going to be more threats in the future that I could use the Mirror Technique against them. Even still, I kept up my practice with it.

Norman also started summoning me to the castle, not just for Death Walker battles but for sex, too. That surprised me because I figured since he just married Sharen, he wouldn't want that from me anymore. But he did point out the fact that he was still sending me love letters. He was just waiting until he felt I was fully recovered. He started summoning me for that again one month after he was married to Sharen.

Dae actually waited two weeks after I had recovered to start having sex again. To tell the truth, I wasn't really concerned too much about sex. I was just going about my days, taking care of my royal duties and whatnot, and answering my summons to the Land of the Living.

One day, I was sitting in my bedroom playing a casual game of tic tac toe with myself, as my way of relaxing. Dae wasn't there because he was taking care of my royal duties for the day. I was in the middle of my game when I heard a knock on the door. I answered it and it was Parada. When she saw me, she bowed to me.

I smiled. "It's okay, Parada. You can look at me now."

"Your Highness," said Parada, "you're being summoned to the Land of the Living."

I rolled my eyes. "Let me guess, it's Norman again, isn't it?"

Parada shook her head. "Nope! You're not going to believe this, but it's Jasper this time!"

I gasped. "What?! Yeah, that I don't believe! This must be some sort of practical joke! But in any case, tell him I'm on my way."

* * *

When I got to the Castle in Canterlot, Jasper was there to greet me.

"What's this all about, Jasper?" I asked.

"Apparently," said Jasper, "Norman and Dae have been planning some sort of surprise for you lately. They've been busy getting it ready for you, so they asked me to summon you."

I had a suspicion of what the surprise might be, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to find out. "So, where is this surprise going to take place?"

Jasper chuckled. "I have a feeling of what you're thinking and, no, I don't know what it is. But it's going to take place in the observation balcony for the training area."

"Is anyone else going to be there, by chance?" I asked, hoping that I was wrong about what the surprise might be.

Jasper shrugged. "I don't know. Norman and Dae just told me to bring you to the observation balcony and that was it."

When we got to the observation balcony, two guards were standing outside. They smiled when they saw me.

"Sorry, Prince Jasper, but we can only grant access to Queen Betty at the moment," one of the guards said.

I raised an eyebrow. "Is anyone else in there?"

The guard shook his head. "Nope, it's just Prince Norman and King Dae."

Jasper started laughing. "I think I know what your surprise is going to be. I'll see you later Betty."

"Oh no," I said, "I know a trap when I see one."

Jasper snorted. "You sure you don't want to know what your surprise is?"

I shook my head. "Nope, I'm good."

I turned around and started to walk away when I found myself unable to move. No, he didn't!

Jasper tilted his head. "What's going on?"

"I guess I will see you later, Jasper," I responded.

Jasper grinned. "I take it you've had a change of heart?"

"No," I said, "I'm going to be pulled through a wall."

Jasper paused. "Excuse me?"

Before I could tell Jasper exactly what was going on, I found myself being slowly pulled towards the observation balcony. I found myself on the other side of the wall inside the observation balcony in ten seconds flat.

* * *

When I got to the other side of the observation balcony, Dae and Norman were standing in front of me with smiles on their faces. I thought it was a good thing the curtains were drawn, because every time Dae does this little trick, I always wind up on the other side of the wall naked. I rolled my eyes when I looked down to see that I was indeed naked.

"Ah, Betty!" Dae chimed. "So nice of you to join the party, finally!"

I rolled my eyes again. "Yeah, did you have to do the whole pull-me-through-the-wall-and-get-me-naked trick?"

Norman chuckled. "I guess seeing is believing! You can actually pull her through a wall and get her naked at the same time!"

Dae gave a mischievous smile. "Yup! Gets her every time!"

"Yeah, except my clothes get stuck inside the wall, and stay there," I growled.

"That's until I decide to stop holding your clothes hostage," Dae said.

"What's this all about anyway?" I asked.

"You see, Betty," answered Dae, "Norman and I have been talking about doing this for a while now. A month to be exact. I just wanted to make sure Norman was back to having sex with you first."

I wasn't sure if I liked what this surprise was and I had half a mind to run away and not care if I was naked or not.

Dae got undressed and sat down on the couch. He smiled. "Why don't you have a seat?"

Normally I wouldn't mind being with Dae like this, but being with Norman like this, I wasn't so sure if I was comfortable with that. As I stood there nervously deciding what to do, Norman got undressed and pushed me on top of Dae's lap. Dae held me tightly as Norman climbed on top of my back.

Okay, I'm getting ready to have sex with my brother and my husband. Nope, nothing weird about this, I thought.

Just relax, Betty, thought Dae, everything's going to be fine.

I couldn't of anything else when we started having sex. That was fine because I didn't want to think of anything. As long as I wasn't in a rampaging clown's stomach, I didn't have to worry about anything at all.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment