• Published 27th Sep 2021
  • 264 Views, 1 Comments

The Ghost of Cozy Glow the Third Story - SapphireRose87



Aside from being the Queen of Hell I have other things to worry about. I have to stop a rampaging clown named Mr. Giggles before he eats all of the citizens of Equestria!

  • ...
26
 1
 264

4) Dirty Thoughts

{Norman}

I've been having the same dream off and on ever since I saw Betty jump off that cliff over four decades ago. In my dream, I caught her, and I pulled her up to safety. Normally, when I start thinking about Betty like this, I'm able to put it in the back of my head. But after seeing her fight that clown and take on six hundred of her soldiers without even breaking a sweat, I couldn't get my mind off it. Betty's amazing in every sense of the word. It still annoys me that she won't accept her title as a Legend.

Today was no different. I had just raised the sun and found a spot in the garden like I always do, but once again, I couldn't stop reading Betty's history book. I had my nose in the book when I heard Robert say, "Let's see, that's how many times you've read Betty's history book now?"

I looked up at Robert and smiled. "It's gotta be thirty at this point. Ever since I saw Betty fight Mr. Giggles, I just can’t seem to stop thinking about it. At first, I thought the battles Betty fought in the book were far-fetched, but now that I've seen her fight myself, the battles don't seem so far-fetched anymore. Not to mention a couple of days after that, she took on six hundred of her soldiers like it was nothing."

"Well, she is a Legend after all; of course she would be able to do that. It's no wonder why Mr. Giggles got annoyed with fighting Betty and left!" Robert whistled.

"Although I've never seen her that angry before. That's why she summoned her soldiers to fight in the first place," I said.

"Maybe she's angry she couldn't stop the clown?" Robert said. “Or maybe…”

He started to give me a strange look. "What's the look for, Robert?"

It was as if a lightbulb had lit up in his head. "I think I know why you're feeling the way you are now."

It's a good thing I can't read people's minds like Betty can. I wonder though if she can turn that ability off? "Uh-huh, yeah, whatever you're thinking, I don't want to know."

Robert's strange expression just kept getting weirder.

"Would you stop looking at me like that?" I asked, scooting as far away from him as I could. I had half a mind to go sit at another table.

"Hmm, I think I'll talk to Sunset and Jasper about this," Robert said thoughtfully. "I think we can help you, Norman."

"As I said before, whatever you're thinking, keep it to yourself."

Robert shrugged. "If you say so."

He got up to leave. I had a feeling, knowing Robert, he was planning something, big time. I just hoped that he wasn't going to try the whole ‘lock me in a room until I confess my feelings’ thing. That's not going to work this time.

* * *

{Betty}

I couldn't help but pace in a circle, still worried about how to protect Norman and the rest of his family. And even more so, how to protect Equestria from Mr. Giggles.

Dae came from behind me and yanked on my tail, making me sit on the bed.

"You really need to relax, Betty," he said. "You're going to drive me nuts pacing like that!"

"That's my stupid tail, you know!" I growled.

Dae chuckled. "Yeah, I know that. You always say that when people yank on it."

"Because it hurt when I was alive, and now it's just plain annoying," I said. "There's got to be a way to stop that rampaging clown before he eats half of Equestria, and then some!"

Instead of laughing, he pulled me onto his lap and started to massage my shoulders.

"You know I love you, Betty, but you need to learn when to take a break," Dae said. "True, demons can't be killed because they're already dead, but if you don't calm down, you're gonna drain your energy and you'll be out of commission for weeks. Try going for a swim in the swimming area behind the castle? Or you can summon Norman, so you can beat the crap out of him again in a Death Walker battle."

"And Norman's starting on my last nerve!" I said. "One would think that me sending him flying into a wall would send a clear signal to back off. That's not funny, Dae!"

"Maybe he just wants to spend more time with his big sister?" Dae teased, laughing as he held me.

I groaned. "Yeah, he's not annoying at all. And he likes to lick my ear when he thinks I've done something amazing. That just reminded me of how creepy he is."

Dae snorted. That annoyed me. I got up to get dressed and Dae followed suit. No sooner had we gotten dressed, there was a knock on the door. When Dae answered it, Parada bowed to us.

"It's okay, you can look at us now," Dae said.

"Your Highness," said Parada, "Celestia wants to see Queen Betty in the Middle Ground."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm gonna take a wild guess and say Norman's summoning me again."

Parada smiled. "Yes, Your Highness. That's exactly what it is."

Dae cracked up. "Well, there you go. Have fun with your moving punching bag!"

I didn't respond, I just left to go see what Norman had summoned me for this time.

* * *

When I got to the castle, Norman surprised me by giving me a big bear hug. I pushed him back and he smiled at me.

"You've been getting on my nerves with these Death Walker battles," I said.

"What?" Norman said. "Can't a little brother try to outdo his big sister?"

"How many times have you tried now?" I answered.

"Actually, I don't want to do a Death Walker battle today," Norman said.

I raised an eyebrow. "What are you up to?"

Norman decided to show me again how creepy he can be, giving me that 'I'm undressing you with my eyes' look with a smile. He grabbed my hand and took me to the garden out behind the castle and had me sit down next to him.

"What's this all about, Norman?" I asked.

"I have a gift for you," said Norman. "I've been meaning to give it to you for a while now."

He took out of his pants pocket a silver queen chess piece with a silver chain on it, to go around my neck.

"That wouldn't happen to be the same chess piece you have on my tombstone, would it?" I questioned.

Norman shook his head. "Nope, that one was just a regular chess piece. This one is completely different. I made it just for you."

I took the necklace from him and smiled at what was engraved on it. It said ‘The Legendary Death Walker Betty Jewel.’ It also had my birthdate and the date I died on it. Yeah he might be creepy but he can be sweet sometimes. But having any feelings for him like that would be a little weird.

"I'm happy I get to spend time with you again. But I am curious about something," Norman said.

I titled my head. "What?"

"Why did you make your Death Walker's decision to die instead of live?" Norman asked.

"I was wondering when you were going to ask me that," I said. "Well, first of all, I fell in love with the King of Hell, and even though Cozy Glow told me she could wait until I died of natural causes, she expressed multiple times that she was frustrated that she couldn't cross over. So, I figured it was time to set her free. I know, crazy right?"

"Hmm," said Norman. "Actually when you think about it, it's not. Those are actually good reasons." He chuckled. "I guess if I had asked that question before, it would've helped me get over your death quicker."

I smiled. "Yeah, I agree."

All of the sudden, Norman got a horrified look on his face. "Oh, crap!"

He covered himself as if he had to go pee and turned away from me. I shut his thoughts out; I did not want to know what he was thinking.

"Okay," I said. "That's my cue to leave. Bye."

As soon as I got up from the table, I high-tailed it out of there as fast as I could and went home.

* * *

{Norman}

I can't believe that happened! I thought with shame. I just got turned on around Betty! I sighed. Good thing I covered it up! Though that still didn't stop her from leaving.

"I saw that!" I turned around to see Jasper standing there with a grin on his face.

I raised an eyebrow. "Saw what? What did I do?"

"You just got turned on around your big sister," Jasper teased.

"I have no idea what you're talking about!" I said.

"Now, where have I heard that line before?" Jasper smirked. "You want to sleep with your big sister, don't you? I can't blame you for wanting to sleep with the Legend. I bet she's a Legend in the bedroom, too!"

"Again, I have no idea what you're talking about!" I declared.

"Uh-huh, sure, you don't," said Jasper. "I've seen this happen before when I was your Second in Command. Other high-ranking officers told me a couple of times about their fantasies about sleeping with their siblings. I'd never thought I'd see that with my own husband!"

"Yeah, I think I'm going to bed now."

"Wow," Jasper said, rolling his eyes. "You're in denial, and now you're running. Well, sleep tight and have some sweet dreams about your sister."

I got up and walked away from Jasper as fast as I could. I didn't walk away fast enough; I could still hear his laughter.

* * *

{Betty}

A couple of days later, I still couldn't get my mind off not being able to kill Mr. Giggles. It didn't help that I was receiving word of missing people and ponies that had gone near the Everfree Forest. But just because people and ponies have gone missing near Everfree Forest doesn't mean that's where Mr. Giggles is living. The Everfree Forest is dangerous to begin with, so there could be any number of reasons why they went missing.

Trying to calm my nerves, I decided to go swimming in the area behind the castle. Some people that go swimming here swim nude, but I prefer to cover up in a black bikini top and shorts. Skinny dipping's just a little too weird for me.

As I was swimming, I used my wings to balance myself in such a way where it looks like I'm walking on water. To me, it just feels like I'm walking in the middle of a small stream of water in Equestria. I was enjoying myself when I felt a strange sensation of someone watching me. I ducked down into the water and scanned the area. I couldn't see anything, but I did hear someone's thoughts. She just can't help but be beautiful. I wonder if I should tell her about my feelings for her? Maybe one day I will, but now is not the time…

I paused, horror oozing into my soul. That was Norman's voice. Those creepy thoughts… they were his thoughts!

Okay, yeah, if that is Norman, then he just added to his creepiness, even if he is sweet sometimes.

* * *

The next night, Norman invited me, Ruby, Otis, and Dae over for family dinner. Once again, I let Ruby feed Otis, and her funny faces kept the wall free of food decorations.

I kept trying to avoid looking at Norman but he wouldn't stop giving me that look.

I think it's awfully sweet that Norman gave you that necklace, Dae thought.

Yeah, it is, and if Norman would stop giving me that creepy look, that would be great, too, I thought.

Dae chuckled. I know what that look is about!

I don't want to know.

Norman Jr looked between me and Dae with curiosity.

"Huh," said Norman Jr, "it looks like Uncle Dae and Aunt Betty are communicating by staring at each other."

"Oh, it's a demon trait," explained Ruby. "Not only can we hear each other's thoughts, we can communicate by thought, too. When Otis starts developing demon traits, he'll be able to do it, too."

"Oh, that's right!" Jasper said. "Betty did that with Norman and me during the war with Shadow Mist."

At that time, Dae and I didn't realize that everyone was staring at us as we were having our thought conversation.

You know, Dae thought, it's not frowned upon in Hell to sleep with your family members. As long as it's not your children, of course.

I'm not sleeping with my little brother! I thought.

What's the matter? I slept with my sister when you weren't in the mood. My brother would love a chance with you in his bed.

I'm going to pretend you didn't just think that! I don't have a problem when you do it, I have a problem when our family members try to do it with me!

Okay, fine, have it your way. But, you might just want to listen in on Norman's thoughts every once in a while. And I can tell you've been thinking about him lately because I've been listening in on your thoughts as well of course.

There's no way I'm listening in on my little brother's dirty thoughts!

At least let him kiss you, Dae teased.

Nope! Not happening!

Um, Betty?

What?

Everyone's staring at us.

Sure enough, Dae and I looked up to see everyone staring at us. As if they were observing us for some reason.

"You know it's not nice to stare, right?" I said.

"Sorry, Mom," said Ruby, "everyone was just curious on how you can communicate by thought."

"Oh." I looked over to see that Otis slumped over in his high chair, sound asleep.

Perfect timing!

Uh-huh, sure it is! You really should listen in on your brother's thoughts instead of running from them.

"I'm not running, Dae," I snapped. "I'm just taking Otis to his crib, now if you'll excuse me…"

Everyone else started laughing as I walked away with Otis in my arms.

Mom, Ruby thought, what was that all about?

Don't ask, I thought. You don't want to know.

But I did know two things as I walked away. Number one, I'm not sleeping with my little brother anytime soon, and number two, I'm not listening in on his dirty thoughts either.