• Published 9th Sep 2012
  • 3,102 Views, 67 Comments

Bounty Hunters - Jasper77W



Rainbow Dash and Octavia's paths cross and together they form a duo of criminal huntresses.

  • ...
7
 67
 3,102

Epilogue: Better Days to Come

It was loud and thundery outside, adding more frustration to the sleepless rainbow maned pegasus. But it only made her frustrated, she could easily sleep in a thunderstorm. Other than that, she had Vinyl's song stuck in her head. She was glad Vinyl was back with her awesome songs, but she hated them too because of how good they were- they just wouldn't get out of her head after hearing them on the radio and all. But not even that was keeping her awake- it was something else.

In fact, it was the missing noises that made her somewhat restless, her heart in turmoil. For instance, she couldn't hear Octavia's soft breathing, which was oddly soothing when it was there. Octavia wasn't there on the opposing bed, but then again there wasn't an opposing bed anymore- she had bought a house here on Cloudsdale, all packed with normal and expensive furniture. Money wasn't a problem at all, but it still couldn't buy her what she lost.

She rolled on her side, hugging the blankets in sheer loneliness; her tail sliding back and forth along the sheets. Her eyes were wide open, staring at nothing but darkness. She whimpered as she thought of Octavia again.

There was a soft knock on her bedroom door, and she sat up to see who it was.

It was Dainty, dressed in her pajamas, Mr Rabbit in one hoof while the other rested on the door knob above her head.

"Oh, hey Dainty." Rainbow said softly. "Couldn't sleep either, huh?"

"I-I..." Dainty looked down, slightly embarrassed. Then lightning flashed, thunder roaring outside. Dainty yelped and jumped onto Rainbow's bed, quivering as she hid under the sheets.

Rainbow lifted the blankets aside.

"I... I'm afraid of lightning." Dainty said in a quiet voice, still shaking. "C-can I stay here for the night?"

Rainbow smiled, patting Dainty gently on the head. "Course you can."

Dainty's expression brightened, and Rainbow gave her a gentle squeeze before settling back under the blankets.
Hugging Mr Rabbit tightly, the little filly snuggled up against a surprised Rainbow. Dainty's chest heaved slightly with every breath she took, and soon she was asleep.

Rainbow probably needed more comforting than the little filly did- and somehow Dainty's presence was enough to make everything warmer, physically and in Rainbow's heart.

Closing her eyes and a gentle smile spreading across her face, Rainbow was then truly able to sleep.

Not all was bad, despite the tragedies that occurred. All she needed to do, was find a way to revive Octavia. But that will come much later... And for now, she'll wait, and listen to Octavia's advice- live life happily, and wait for the better days that are yet to come.

Author's Note:

Thank you all for taking the time to read this fic!

Bounty Hunters 2: Awakening can be found here: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/54080/bounty-hunters-2-awakening

Comments ( 4 )

Seeing as i havent kept up with the third story, im gonna re-read this thing before getting back on track

I take it Rainbow Dash will be beating people up in this story?

4380080
Was it the intro that tipped you off:trollestia:

Is Dainty going to call Rainbow, mommy, Rainbow, or Miss Dash (which I doubt)

Login or register to comment