• Published 9th Sep 2012
  • 3,101 Views, 67 Comments

Bounty Hunters - Jasper77W



Rainbow Dash and Octavia's paths cross and together they form a duo of criminal huntresses.

  • ...
7
 67
 3,101

Prologue: Night Assault

Bounty Hunters
[Anniversary Update version]
A My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fan-fiction.


The grey earth pony quickly paced the night streets of Manehatten, her coat flapping in the wind and rain behind her and her bright purple eyes concealed under a black gangster hat with a white belt around it. The rain poured down her dark mane, but that didn't matter. Any distractions and the target could escape.

From intel, Octavia was told that the meeting of the group would be just around the corner here. She swiftly turned into the alley way and continued walking. There was a small fire up ahead, burning brightly in the dark night. Everything Octavia wearing was made of black silk except for the belt around her hat. She could feel her pistol shoulder holster dig into her side, the heavy chunk of metal itself loaded and ready with a silencer attached.

She slowed down as she approached the end, the fire ahead sending shadows scattering about. There was a clearing up ahead, surrounded by tall brick buildings- perfect for a secret meeting. Now she could hear talking too.

"We got all the ammunition ready." a deep male voice said in an accent Octavia couldn't quite place. "Just need to ship it out, then we get paid."

"Excellent." a different voice said.

Octavia's hoofsteps were soundless now, her hooves not even making the slightest clunk on the wet stone ground of the alley way. Still concealed, she silently drew her pistol.

She had seen the picture of the pony she was supposed to eliminate, but right now taking out the boss alone would be impossible- she'll have to go for total annihilation. If she does kill the boss, the rest will just come after her and she'll have to kill them anyway. Right now she had the element of surprise.

She heard a rifle click behind her. Surprise scurried off into the dark immediately.

"Damnit..." she muttered.

"Hehe. What do we have here? Hey boss! Look what I found." the barrel of the rifle prodded into her back. She dropped her pistol, letting it clatter on the ground, then started slowly walking forward.

Everything was silent except for the crackling flames, and she listened to the two pairs of hooves clunking on the ground.

A wide grin spread across the boss's ill shaven face. "Looks like the buckers really want us dead, eh?" he laughed. "Ya think I didn't prepare for that?"

Windows around the entire area slid open, revealing previously concealed ponies with sniper rifles pointed straight at her. Ambush.

"Dispose of h- what is that sound?" the boss frowned at a screeching noise that was growing louder by the second.

Octavia didn't wait. While the ponies were distracted, she leaped up, spun around and grabbed the rifle out of the stallion’s hooves. She then put two bullets through his head. The gun shots seemed to wake the mesmerized ponies, and they immediately began taking aim. But the screeching earlier was so loud it made them disoriented- it didn't affect Octavia the slightest though. She had been through this many times already.

A light blue and black shape appeared from the skies and slammed down into the ground right in the center of all the ponies, exploding into a large rainbow-colored shockwave, sending the ponies closer to the center flying off their hooves, their rifles sailing away from them.

Octavia was behind a rusted car when that happened, and was unaffected. The blast wave sent chunks of muck flying off the surfaces of the buildings surrounding them, raining them with debris. Cracks had split in the walls, the brick shattered in parts.

The boss briefly caught sight of a pony in the center of the mess with a light blue body and a rainbow colored mane that wore identical clothes to Octavia. His eyes widened as he realized there was more than just one pony going after him.

The pony's coat was still in the process of drifting down, her body already on the ground in a crouched position, a hoof in the earth with cracks spreading away from it. In her other hoof was a long cleaver, the blunt edge resting on her shoulder while the sharp edge caught the light of the moon. A red crystal glimmered on its hilt, shining with energy. The moment her coat touched the ground, she was gone again in a rainbow colored flash.

The boss panicked, quickly looking to his left. There she was again, ready to bring the cleaver down on one of his stallions who barely recovered from the shockwave.
Lightning flashed and temporarily blinded the boss, and when his eyes adjusted again the stallion was lying in halves, rainwater failing to wash away the pool of blood.

Octavia had picked up another rifle, and both were ablaze. Her coat acted as a cape and trailed behind her.

Bullets flew everywhere as ponies tried to return fire, but only let off useless blindly aimed shots. The walls were almost exploding with bullet holes. They were really more like small craters, since the armor piercing rounds simply took out whole chunks of soft brick from the walls. Glass shattered and rained down on the boss. He quickly drew his pistol, but in his panic to get it loaded dropped it into a puddle. He picked it up again, still loading it.

The pony with the rainbow-colored mane's cleaver was now drenched in crimson, but somehow the red crystal still shone through all the blood. There was blood everywhere, on the walls, and in puddles next to twisted things he'd rather forget about. He spotted Octavia and fired off a round. Just before the bullet could hit her, her left ear twitched, and she was well clear of its trajectory way before it could hit her. She pulled the trigger at the boss, but the clip was empty. She flung both rifles into the air, and caught them by the barrels. Swinging them as melee weapons, she charged at the boss.

He fired another round, and it lodged itself into the wooden shoulder stock of the rifle as Octavia brought it up to defend herself. The blast traveled down the length of the rifle and into her hoof. It was a shock, but not enough for her to drop it.

Now the boss was panicking, firing shots without even waiting to recover from the recoil. He could see Octavia getting closer and closer between each muzzle flash. After the gun fired one last time, he felt a sudden pain in his hoof as Octavia batted the pistol away. The next thing he knew, there was a rifle's butt against his chin, his hooves away from the ground. Traveling in an arch, he slammed back down into the ground again.

He quickly rolled to his right as Ocatvia brought the rifle down, splintering the wooden stock as it cracked against the ground. He didn't want to think about what that would’ve done to his skull.

He leapt up, a swung a hoof at Octavia's head. Octavia stepped aside, diverting the hoof, and before he knew it the side of the rifle was right up against his face.

"Shame your first kiss got taken by a rifle." Octavia grinned as the boss hit the ground again. Determined to show this little pony some pain, the boss slowly got to his hooves again and charged at Octavia.

He threw an identical punch, and as expected Octavia stepped to the side again. But instead of simply tripping over himself like last time because he missed his target, he spun with his other hoof ready to strike. Spinning around to face a surprised Octavia once again, the hit landed squarely into her side. She gasped, and tumbled across the floor, the rifles skidding away. Now the boss was wearing the grin.

She quickly got to her hooves, ignoring her aching side and acting as if the punch didn't even happen. That wiped the smile off the boss's face.

Charging forth, he swung wildly at Octavia. She ducked under the swipe, and chopped at his side. He was much larger than she was, and in a way, that was a disadvantage.

Her tried to knee her in the stomach, but she leaped off his leg and landed a flying kick on his temple. He stumbled back, his ears ringing; his hooves splashing into a puddle as he tried to back away.

Octavia was there again, swinging a hoof at him. He brought his elbow up for a successful block, but caught a hoof with his face as Octavia swung with her spare.

He lashed out with a kick, but was too slow on the retreat after it hit nothing but rain.
Octavia caught his ankle, and twisted, spinning him and thumping him against the ground, gravel digging into his face. Octavia had a surprising amount of strength for such a little pony.

He kicked with his other leg, forcing Octavia to let go in order to dodge it. Pushing off the ground with his elbows, he stumbled back up into a standing position.

"Tough guy." Octavia cocked her head to one side, her expression unreadable. The boss swung at her, and she clamped his wrist under her right arm. She spun so her back faced him, and cracked her left elbow against his head again and again. He couldn't retreat as his wrist was still clamped under her arm.

He still managed to think behind all the blows, and grabbed a hoofful of Octavia's coat, wrenching her away from him and throwing her into a wall.

Before he could carry out another set of attacks, he noticed the silence evolving around them. All his hired mercs were dead. He saw a white flash out of the corner of his eye, and ducked just in time to avoid the heavy cleaver that whistled over his head.

Recovering quickly, he lunged at the pony with the cleaver. But the cleaver she was carrying seemed a lot lighter in her hooves, and she had already recovered from the strike earlier.

There was another flash as the broad blade caught a glint of moonlight, and the next thing he knew- the cleaver was buried hilt-deep in his chest. The pegasus with the rainbow-colored mane let got. He tried to move, but then noticed the ground was just out of reach of his hooves.

Rainbow Dash looked coldly at the pony she just impaled to the wall, light fading from his eyes. She grabbed the hilt again and wrenched the blade out, letting the rain clean the blood away. The body of the pony dropped into a puddle, and started forming its own in red. She decapitated the pony, and dumped the head in a black plastic bag that she slung over Octavia's shoulder.

"Time to collect." She said without emotion, and marched off down the alley way.

Octavia cast a cold look behind her at the massacre, then followed.

Author's Note:

-This fix, this scene in particular; was inspired by The L-Train's 'Rainbow Dash Epic Battle Theme'. link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42GCX1xERMI

-Octavia wasn't in the draft version of the story. After several chapters the story became dull to write as it was centered on Rainbow Dash only, With almost no other main characters.

-This scene was also inspired by the general setting of the GAME 'The Dark Knight Rises' for iOS and Android, made by Gameloft and available for 9.99 NZD.

-No I am not sponsored.