• Published 3rd Sep 2021
  • 588 Views, 3 Comments

Ice Cream and Lollipops (The Rainbow Secret) - Mockingbirb



"I'm not just ANY reject," Scootaloo whispered angrily. "I'm the BEST reject." (Scootaloo learns the truth about where rainbows come from. She doesn't take it very well.)

  • ...
4
 3
 588

Epilogue

In a shed near Ponyville, Fluttershy petted and cooed over a beaver. "You'll be happy to know I got a letter from Scootaloo yesterday. She's ok! I can't tell you where she is, but it's sure a long ways away from Cloudsdale.

"Now YOU," the gentle pegasus said, "you're such a GOOD little beaver. It's time for me to lift your cute little tail, and gently press your castoreum gland..."

Goo squirted out into a bowl. The beaver said "Ahh!" and sighed. An overpowering but not unpleasant scent filled the shed.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" Fluttershy nuzzled the rodent's head. "Just think how many tons of ice cream that little bit of gland juice will flavor. So many happy foals!"

Fluttershy smiled. "Thank you so much for helping me pay everycreature's vet bill and feed bill."

The beaver didn't know what made her happier: that she helped pay for so many animals' needs, or that so many ponies enjoyed licking up the stuff that came out of her rear end.

It's always nice to be appreciated.

Author's Note:

True scientific fact: imitation vanilla extract can be made from a fluid that comes out of glands in beavers' backsides. Don't you feel better now that you're smarter? I had to tell you somewhere, because otherwise commenters would have to tell you in the comment section.

Another true scientific fact: in our world, beavers are usually anesthesized before milking them for castoreum. I assume Fluttershy doesn't need to anesthesize them, because she's just that good.

Also, if you've never heard of AuroraDawn's (in?)famous horror stories "Pegasus Device" and "Rainbow Factory"...now you have! Those stories' rainbow secret is different from mine, though. (Also, they don't tell you about the beavers, which I think is a tragic omission. :twilightsmile:)

Comments ( 3 )

Thank you for your entry! We look forward to reading it, and best of luck.

Still better conspiracy than flat earth

Well that was quite a roller coaster that for sure ! I liked it.

Login or register to comment