• Published 1st Jun 2021
  • 160 Views, 0 Comments

The Staff of Sir Gallop the Wo/anderer - BoredAuthor817



Gallus accompanies Sunset Shimmer on a quest to locate ancient Equestrian artifacts.

  • ...
 0
 160

Chapter 9

Gallus's Journal : Entry #45 (continued)

I gotta say, even though we started out on the wrong talon, I truly felt sorry for Dr. Diggs.

He drove us back to our motel, even stopping to pick up a pizza for us along the way—which is amazing stuff, by the way.

Once back in our rooms, both Professor Shimmer and I collapsed from exhaustion.

It wasn't till late evening that I awoke. Another shower and some microwave-warmed pizza later, I rejoined Professor Shimmer.

She'd awoken sometime earlier than me and was busy examining the documents of the chest. (Dr. Diggs had been kind enough to leave us with the whole thing.)


“Anything interesting?” Gallus asked.

“Not really,” yawned Sunset, “Looks like a bunch of civil records. Tax sheets, bills of sale and the like.”

“A historian's treasure trove.”

Sunset smiled, “I suppose you could say. Well, Princess Twilight will have some fun with it for sure.” She got up and stretched. “Is there any of that pizza left?”

Gallus nodded, “Two slices.”

“Just what I need.”

“Does seem odd,” Gallus said over the sound of the microwave, “If there's nothing here related to the staff, or Equstrian artifacts, then why did Cashe's and Maggie Pie's notes bring us here?”

Sunset pondered that question as she chewed her pizza.

“Just saying,” continued Gallus, “Seems like we're missing something here.”

“Maybe we are...” Sunset set her meal down and picked upon the chest. “Princess Twilight once found a part of a scroll hidden in a secret compartment of a chest similar to this. The only way she found it was she accidentally broke it.”

Gallus raised his eyebrows. “You wanna break up the chest?”

Sunset continued her examination of the chest. “Would hate to. Hand me that ruler.”

Gallus picked up the twelve-inch ruler that was lying on the desk. He watched with interest as Sunset measured the height dimensions of the chest. A smile crossed his face as he noticed her brow furl. “You found something?”

“Give me your knife.”

Gallus's smile widened as he dug out his pocket knife. Sunset already had hers out and had started prying at the bottom of the chest. Using both blades, she worked at the chest before a board popped out and into her hands.

“There was a false bottom!” exclaimed Gallus.

“Yes!” laughed Sunset, “The scrolls were only a decoy.” She turned the board around to show Gallus. “This is what we were really looking for.”

Gallus squinted, trying to make out the burning on the wood. “Looks like a map.”

“Yep.”

“Don't tell me—X marks the spot.”

“Yep!”

Gallus couldn't help but join the laughter, “Looks like we're back in business.”

“I'd say! What say you, griffon?” she punched Gallus's arm, “You up for a true treasure hunt?”

Gallus smirked, returning the gesture, “You just try to keep up, pony. There's just one more thing.”

“What?”

“Are we gonna tell Dr. Diggs? You did promise him you'd let him know if we came across any more clues about the wand's whereabouts.”

Sunset's grin widened, “I think we can wait a bit for that.”

Author's Note:

Well, there you have it, folks! Little bit of a rush job--been so busy, didn't have the time I normally do to devote to these. Just glad I was able to do it in time :twilightsmile:

Well, if you've had enough of me, go read some of the other stories.

Till the, read on!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment