• Published 25th May 2021
  • 194 Views, 18 Comments

Bittersweet - Soul_Eater



A mare finally learns to forgive a bitter rival

  • ...
3
 18
 194

Sweet

Dulcé was sitting at a table in a familiar coffee shop, she heard the bell tinkle above the door and didn't care about who had entered. If she had looked, it was her rivals, the very ones who had framed her with illegal drugs and she got jailed for possession. Now years later she struggled with work because drug possession was on her record and her dreams were crushed. Dulcé now cleaned houses for other ponies and also worked night shifts at a low paying textile factory.

Glancing up at the Trio across from her she glared daggers of malice, "You three have a lot of balls to ask to meet here after you fucked up my life! Hurry the hell up and say the shit you want to say!"

Aria used her hooves to signal her to quite down. Adagio looked awkwardly away and as a nervous tick Dulcé recognized was Sonata playing with her red ruby necklace; all three had a matching a matching necklace except Dulcé of course. Dulcé noticed that they weren't wearing their prized necklaces. Sonata broke the silence, "Dulcé............we wanted to see you first since we're no longer banished to the other diminsion. We had our eyes opened and realized we threw the friendship you gave us out like rubbish. All those years ago, you befriended us first, all we gave ya in return was a criminal record."

Aria spoke next, "You were always the better singer than us, beside the record, I know you being locked in the school freezer killed your voice............I know we can't give back what we stole.............all ask.............beg is that you forgive us. We understand why if you don't."

Adagio finished up, "Look Dulcé, I know we can't change your view of us but we've changed since then............can we at least be on cordial terms at least?"

"What happened to those necklaces of yours?" Dulcé asked curious.

"The incident that taught us about the power of friendship.............and now we can't hold a pitch to save our ass."

"I see Adagio............touching on your apologies...........I'll have to think about it for a couple of days. Meet me at our old favorite haunt on Wendsday for my answer.

Dulcé couldn't sleep or eat that night, she had the chance to get a fresh start with these girls, and yet how the hell was her record be wiped clean? Oh well she thought as she shoved marshmallows and Nutella into her mouth by the hoof-full. She finally came to the conclusion of her decision just 36 hours before the fateful meeting. To make sure she made the right choice she went to talk to Starlight Glimmer and Trixie about it. They assured her that forgiveness is always the way to go.

Wendsday

Dulcé walked up to the old bowling alley where years ago they were bowling sharks and conned a bunch of arrogant stallions of their bits.

"Hey girls..............thought about my answer and I've come to the conclusion to forgive ya...................on the pretense that that Sonata buys me two tacos that will replace my two she ate from that taco party box we bought in our freshmare year of high school!" Sonata blushed a bright pink as they all moved in for a group hug (they had to drag Aria as they did in years past).

For Dulcé it came out that the Dazzlings had framed her for possession by using half filled prescription bottles of strong painkillers, but the meth had come from the school's buck ball star; the stallion shoved his stuff in there last minute to save his own ass.

With persuasion and help from Twilight Dulcé got her record wiped completely clean and finally could get a white collar job, and with her talent as a singer and knowledge of the art, she taught her friends to sing without the use of magical necklaces. Things were finally going the right way.

Comments ( 16 )

Well, that was easy.

10834251
Overall how did you like the story?

10834341
Honestly, the only thing I didn’t like was the dazzlings being forgiven so easily. I’m okay with forgiveness, but only when it’s earned or there’s a process that leads to that forgiveness.

10834366
Dulcé thought about for several days and, I also was trying to balance forgiveness with learning to not just other's friendships with you for granted and not just stab em in the back to pull ahead.

10834397
Several days?

I really like the concept. It feels like it moves too fast though, you could probably expand on some of the things that happen. For example, what was it like for Dulce in prison? You might be trying to keep it short but a little extra description could liven it up. Also some editing on your spelling and grammar could help, it wasn't unreadable by any means but if you cleaned it up it would be nicer.

You have potential.

10835580
I was more focused on the forgiveness aspect and trying to show that people sometimes take for granted the friendships they already had.

10835624
Yes, and that's important. Just trying to give advice to help you communicate that with an engaging story. Not trying to discourage you by any means.

Comment posted by Dragon Shimmer deleted Jun 25th, 2021

10875100
Explain? I curious about your thoughts

Comment posted by Dragon Shimmer deleted Jun 25th, 2021

10875109
This type of story isn't my norm, I've got other stories under a different name that are longer.

Comment posted by Dragon Shimmer deleted Jun 25th, 2021

10875116
So did you miss the main theme I was trying to focus on? Better yet why don't you go read some of Thundercloud93's stories they seem like your type.

Comment posted by Dragon Shimmer deleted Jun 25th, 2021
Login or register to comment