• Published 3rd Mar 2021
  • 2,691 Views, 156 Comments

Kitty's a Long Way from Home. - Ocelot the Devil



What was supposed to be a normal day at RTX turned into a nightmare and resulted in me being sent here... now I look like Blake, have her abilities and wield Gambol Shroud... what else can go wrong? Answer: EVERYTHING.

  • ...
12
 156
 2,691

Meeting the Locals of Equestria

A few days had passed since the displaced character from the series RWBY, Blake Belladonna, had settled down as a permanent resident of the castle.

Right now, she was in her room and resting on the bed while reading a book that she had borrowed from the library.

A book with erotica and some action. Looks like Kohaku had not only become Blake but even inherited some of her mannerisms… along with a mix of her personality.

Currently, she was reading the latest chapter of said book and then saw a picture that made her smirk. “Wow. Now that’s a katana!” She let out an amused chuckle.

She continued to read her book until a knock on the door came. “Coming! Give me a minute!” Blake replied.

She placed a bookmark after which she got up to answer the door. The one that knocked was none other than Princess Luna herself. Blake wondered what she wanted.

"Hello, Princess," Blake said with a smile on her face.

“Greetings Blake Belladonna. I wanted to see how you were doing so far.” Luna replied with a smile of her own.

"Just relaxing with a book in my lap. What about you?" Blake inquired.

Princess Luna kept a smile on her face. “My sister has asked me to socialize with the various ponies in Ponyville and I was wondering if you would like to tag along with me. I’m planning to visit Twilight Sparkle.” She answered the question.

"Sure... but who is this 'Twilight Sparkle'?" Blake questioned with a confused look.

“My sister’s apprentice and the town’s librarian,” Luna answered to clear up Blake’s confusion.

"Ah, I see… but what does she look like exactly?" The cat-girl asked.

“You will see when we arrive,” Luna replied as she turned to leave the room.

Blake gave a small shrug at that confusing sentence but followed Luna nevertheless... The catgirl and the alicorn headed outside to the personal carriage of the princesses. It flew off into the air with the use of two pegasi ponies.

While the trip would be short, Blake decided to close her eyes and let the wind blow in her face and hair. Some peace until they reached Ponyville…


(Later…)

Luna stepped out of the carriage as did Blake who was looking around. Huh, interesting- Wait, was... was that a house made out of gingerbread? Holy shit!

“Princess Luna?” Blake spoke up as the princess looked at the catgirl before replying. “Yes, Blake?”

Blake turned and pointed to the literal candy-like house. “Is that house made out of candy?” She asked.

Luna took a closer look at the place before giving a nod. "It would seem so… But I wouldn’t recommend you try to eat it.” She warned.

"I wasn't planning to. Just confused by its appearance is all... who builds a house made out of gingerbread?" Blake asked herself and stroked her chin to think.

But she didn’t have to wait for an answer that long since something pink had shoved itself into her face. “I have the answer to that question!” It responded to her.

“Gah!” Blake jumped back in shock.

Princess Luna cast her levitation magic and held her away from Blake Belladonna who was still trying to make heads and tails of what just happened.

The amber-eyed girl had now gotten a closer look at her supposed ‘assailant’ and it turned out that it was an earth pony whose coat was pink and her cutie mark was three different colored balloons.

Her hair however was a complete mess and shaped up like cotton candy. How was that possible?

“Element of Laughter! Please control yourself if you can! Blake is a guest and a newcomer to Ponyville!” Luna revealed to the pink hyper earth pony who had originally planned to bombard Blake with a load of questions.

The Element of Laughter calmed down and let out some giggles. "Sorry, Princess Luna! I’m just excited to meet a new friend!” She replied truthfully.

“Who is this?” Blake finally decided to ask.

"This is the Element of Laughter, Pinkie Pie. One of the sixth wielders of the Elements of Harmony that destroyed the darkness known as Nightmare Moon and restored me to normal." Luna revealed.

“Element of Laughter?” Blake questioned confusingly.

She then remembered reading from the castle library’s books on the Elements of Harmony, “Oh, yeah… I remember now. But what other Elements are there?” She inquired.

Luna blinked a bit and then remembered. "Oh, right... you don't know about this yet. Long ago, I was overcome by envy and hatred for my sister Celestia and I became Nightmare Moon.” She explained.

"Overcome? You don't seem angry now." Blake admitted.

“Yes, but not anymore. That’s what happens after being hit by pure harmony,” Luna replied with a smile on her face.

Blake just nodded and made a mental note to continue researching more on these Elements of Harmony when they got back to the castle. Despite reading a little bit of information on them, she wasn’t able to memorize everything it seemed.

There were still gaps in her intelligence cortex that she needed to fill in. But in the meantime…

“Can you tell me the rest of the Elements by chance?” She requested with Luna giving a nod.

"Besides Laughter, there is also the Element of Honesty, Magic, Generosity, Loyalty, and Kindness," Luna explained.

“I see… Can we meet them as well?” Blake asked as she was memorizing the information she had just learned.

"Yes, we can. We’re about to meet the Element of Magic next." Luna replied.

“Before you head there, I have a question for the kitty cat: when’s your birthday!?” Pinkie asked as she tackled Blake to the ground.

"Gah!" Blake was stunned and annoyed - why on Earth did she call her kitty cat!? She was a catgirl from a tv series, not a damn literal cat!

“Element of Laughter…” Luna warned with a shake of her head.

To save Blake from embarrassment, Luna lit up her horn and cast it around Pinkie, who looked depressed. “But… but…”

“I’m sorry, Pinkie Pie. But I’ve already told you that you need to control yourself.” Luna told the party lover.

Luna levitated her a little bit away and then watched as Blake jumped up back to her feet.

"Are you alright, Blake?" Luna asked her with the catgirl giving a nod.

“I’ll live… but you can put the Element of Laughter down,” Blake assured her.

"Are you sure?" Luna asked with a worried expression.

“Yes, Princess. I’m a big girl and- Well, catgirl. But you get the picture… I can handle her easily.” Blake assured.

Giving a reluctant nod, Princess Luna lowered the party pony onto the ground. Slowly and gently… before issuing her a warning once more. "Slow questions, please. She's a guest." She reminded the Element of Laughter.

Giving a nod in return, Blake turned back to Pinkie and answered the question. “My birthday is August 3rd.”

With a smiling nod, she cheered and rushed ahead before either the Princess or catgirl could say anything else.

That party lover was quite the energetic earth pony… but what exactly was she even planning with her birthday date?

“She’ll no doubt want to throw you a party in your honor,” Luna revealed.

Blake became confused. "A party for me? Why? I don’t even know what I’ve done to deserve it." She admitted.

"According to the bits of information I’ve learned from my sister, the Element of Laughter is focused on learning the names and history of EVERYONE. Including you. Not to mention that you'll be having a party in your honor." Luna explained.

Blake still doesn’t fully understand why she was getting a party in her name since she hasn’t done anything to earn a party. Could she refuse it and just carry on with her business?

"Twilight Sparkle might have a better idea than I do. She had befriended her not too long ago when she first came to Ponyville." Luna explained.

“Oh, yeah. Twilight, right? Where does she live?” Blake questioned the current whereabouts of this ‘Twilight’ pony.

"According to my sister, Twilight has taken refuge in a library that was built inside a tree. Called Golden Oaks. Come with me and we'll see if she's in there." Luna decided.

“Oh? So a literal tree house?” Blake asked, thinking of a child’s treehouse.

"In a sense, yes. Also, my sister has warned me that Twilight will be asking questions... and might be a bit... angry with you." Luna warned the catgirl.

"Oh, why? I’ve never met her or done anything to her." Blake replied confusion on her face.

“You don’t remember?” Luna asked, surprised.

Blake halted to think about the situation... her lips twitched into a frown. What exactly did she do again...?

“When you first came to our home it was during the Sun Summer Celebration and do you remember the monster who attacked?” Luna asked her.

"You mean... Nightmare, right?" Blake asked, vaguely remembering the name.

Luna gave a nod. "Exactly. That was me as you already have been informed. And there was something else - one of the elements attempted to question you yet you got away from the scene to chase me down." She explained.

It took a few seconds for Blake to process what was told to her before she snapped her fingers. “Ah, right. Though I wasn’t chasing you… I was trying to figure out where I ended up.” She explained.

"Regardless… Brace yourself is all I can suggest." Luna advised her.

Taking the lead, Luna led Blake through the small hamlet of Ponyville and soon they arrived at the treehouse, which conveniently held a library inside. Blake smiled an amused look.

A fancy home - a treehouse in a way and a library inside. Quite intriguing… live and sleep with knowledge.

Blake touched the knob and twisted it as she opened the door. Both she and Luna stepped into the treehouse and they saw a small purple dragon with green scales cleaning the library with a duster.

"Who's that?" Blake whispered to the princess.

“Twilight Sparkle’s assistant,” Luna answered the question.

Upon hearing something, the young dragon turned to them and was surprised by the appearance of the night Princess. He didn’t expect her and… her mysterious guest to come and visit them today.

“Oh, Princess Luna! We weren’t expecting you to visit us today… what brings you here?” He questioned, his tone being that of a young child.

"Hello, young Spike. Is the Element of Magic in the library by any chance?" Luna inquired about the location of the young wielder.

“In her study. I’ll go and fetch her ASAP.” Spike replied with a salute.

"Thank you. We have some business with her to discuss." Luna explained as Spike gave a nod and took off to fetch the Element of Magic.

Luna and Blake decided to wait in the library. Shouldn’t be too long for Spike the baby Dragon to bring her back.

"She won't be long," Luna assured her.

“Let’s hope so… do you mind if I look around?” Blake requested as she was examining the contents of the library.

"Be my guest. Just… we should wait until Twilight Sparkle returns and then ask if you can borrow one of the books." Luna explained.

Blake gave the nod as she turned back to-

"YOU!?" A voice startled her.

Blake turned towards the source of the voice and immediately frowned. "Um, yes? I’m Blake Belladonna." She answered.

The one that yelled at her was a purple unicorn with a six-star mark on her flank. Spike was nowhere to be seen… must be busy cleaning the rest of the place.

“Twilight Sparkle, be calm. Blake means no harm to us.” Luna assured, standing in front of Blake.

Twilight however refused to listen as she got prepared to pounce on Blake any second, not even caring if the princess was in the room!

"Calm down!? Princess Luna, she's being-" The unicorn halted her speech.

There were two reasons - one was that Princess Luna was in the room and the second being that she wouldn't gain any favor and humiliate herself if she did anything stupid. But she wasn't sure if she should trust this 'Blake' person yet.

Seeing Twilight’s facial expression at the moment along with how determined she was to gain answers made Luna sigh. It seems her sister had been right in her warning.

Perhaps it was not yet time for an appropriate visit… not at least now. Until Twilight calmed down then she would not leave Blake in her presence.

“Blake, let us depart once more. The time to visit isn’t right for you.” Luna decided.

"I'm sorry but I don't trust her yet," Twilight explained, a little bit calmer this time.

Twilight had a lot of questions on her mind regarding the appearance of the newcomer during the Summer Sun Celebration. However, it would seem that they would be answered at a later date.

Luna understood the message and gave a nod. “Very well then. We will come back and you can interview her properly."

Twilight gave another nod and cast a quick glance at Blake. She didn't know what to think about her yet and would reserve judgment until the day of their questioning came.

“I expect some answers from you when the time for our interviewing comes,” Twilight warned Blake.

Blake decided to speak up and defend herself. “I didn’t mean to cause any trouble or appear at your little celebration. Was just trying to find my way back home, that’s all.” She explained.

Twilight kept a frown. "I see. Let's hope that is the case... Blake." She warned.

Releasing a sigh, Blake turned to Luna. "Princess... we should leave. We have some more business to do." She forwarded her words.

“Agreed. We’ll return at another time, Twilight Sparkle.” Luna sighed as she took her leave with Blake following suit.

"Princess." Twilight wished politely and then closed the door after Luna and Blake left the library.

“I’m sorry.” Luna apologized to the catgirl.

"It's fine... Is she always like that?" Blake inquired.

“No,” Luna admitted with a shake of her head. “According to my sister, Twilight Sparkle is traditionally calm most of the time, but for some reason, she doesn't like you. The good deeds that you perform in the future might change her mind but we shall see.” She explained to Blake.

Probably because I ran away from the Summer Sun Celebration or whatever it was called… but maybe Luna has a point. Blake thought in her mind.

At that moment, her stomach released a growl as Blake blushed in embarrassment. “Sorry.”

Luna gave an amused smile at that. "I do believe we should go and have something to eat. Though we’ll have to see what sort of food is edible for you." She pointed out.

“Yeah. Good point” Blake admitted.

Blake and Luna headed off in a random direction... with the catgirl wondering where they would go to get a decent meal. Hopefully, there should be some edible food for her since she was a human after all.

Maybe an omelet or a croissant but nothing pony-like for her.

They soon arrived at a nearby café, where they came face to face with a white-colored pony whose mane and tail were colored violet. Using her horn, she levitated the cup that was filled with tea.

Blake turned to Luna and questioned the identity of this unicorn. "The Element of Generosity whose name is Rarity, I believe."

Blake nodded slowly and then replied. “Another Element of Harmony, right?”
"Correct. If time permits us, we’ll meet the rest of the elements later today and see what their opinion is about you." Luna replied.

“And the Element of Generosity?” Blake asked.

"Let us find out." Luna encouraged and stepped forward. “Greetings to you, Element of Generosity.” She voiced her presence.

Taking another sip from her tea, she turned to look at-

"Oh, hello Princess Luna! Fancy meeting- Oh! Aren't you that...?" Rarity voiced her surprise when she saw Blake.

"Yeah... from the celebration. I escaped to learn where I had found myself and how to find my way back home." Blake revealed and kept her distance from the white-colored pony.

A frown made its way onto the lips of Rarity as she stared at Luna for answers but the Moon Princess could only shake her head. "It's... a long story. She means no harm, Rarity. Please give her a chance." Luna promised.

“Hmmm…” Rarity trailed off as she got off the chair and left her tea unattended.

What she did next startled and surprised both Blake and Luna. She was invading the catgirl’s personal space and examining her very closely!

“H-Hey! What the hell are you doing!?” Blake demanded with a blush.

Luna frowned. "Rarity, that's not appropriate!" She scolded with a disapproving look.

“I know, Princess Luna! But this marvelous and beautiful creature must have an outfit!” Rarity revealed, which surprised the catgirl once more.

"Huh!? An outfit... for me? You want to make clothes?” Blake asked confused.

“Of course, dear! Never have I worked with a creature like you.” Rarity admitted.

Blake wasn’t sure how to feel about that one… clothes. Just for her which was quite a huge surprise.

“I’m… a human. Well, more like… a Faunus. A cat Faunus.” Blake explained.

"A cat Faunus?" Rarity asked, intrigued at both the name and the meaning.

During what little time they spent in the castle, Luna had learned a little bit about her guest’s species - according to her, the Faunus were humans with a single animal feature. In the case of Miss Belladonna, it was her adorable cat ears.

"Humans that have a single animal feature. In my case, I have adorable cat ears." Blake explained.

Rarity gave a nod as she was continuing to measure and examine Blake.

“Fascinating… What type of Faunus are there besides your species?” She questioned.

Said question caught Blake off guard as she stroked her chin. "Not certain to be honest." She admitted.

“What do you mean?” Luna asked, concern visible on her face.

"Are there other humans like me around?" Blake asked.

“Unless my sister and I met some thousands of years ago, I doubt it. You are the first of your kind to come to our world.” Luna answered truthfully.

“Oh… that’s too bad,” Blake admitted with her ears falling flat.

No humans or Faunus on Equestria... What a bummer. She would have been intrigued to meet another Faunus like Velvet Scarlatina or Ilia Amitola, despite them being RWBY characters.

“Are you ok?” Luna asked, noting the hurt face of Blake.

"I'll be fine... just trying to think about all of this," Blake admitted with a shrug.

Blake didn’t think she was alone in this world, the thought never crossed her mind. What to do now...?

Should she continue in her quest to find a way back home or would she have to remain here permanently?

“And… done!” Rarity finished, satisfied with the results.

"Oh? Did you get my measurements? Satisfied?" Blake inquired.

“No, not yet, darling.” Rarity answered.

Blake frowned. “Why is that?” She asked.

“I need to make you an outfit first before I’m ever satisfied.” Rarity replied, eager to get started on sewing and fixing her outfit.

"But... I have things to do with the Princess..." Blake tried to protest.

“But, of course! I can come over later, darling or you can schedule an appointment at the Carousel Boutique. See you soon!” Rarity wished and departed ASAP.

"Huh... that was easy," Blake admitted with a surprised look.

“For now… we’ll head over to the boutique once our business at the cafe is concluded.” Luna decided.

Both women headed inside and took their seats. Blake picked up her menu while Luna levitated herself.

Going into thinking mode, she read what type of meals they served… hopefully, there was an omelet available for her. She would kill for one right now…

Maybe even a tuna salad if there was one. Yummy!

"Hmmm... what to pick..." Blake asked, stroking her chin.

“Blake, can you eat our food?” Luna asked intrigued.

"Depends… but we’ll see what they have," Blake admitted and continued to examine the menu.

Ah! They had an omelet, filled with cheese and sprinkled with a dash of salt! A lucky day.

Blake had chosen her omelet while Luna ordered the most expensive thing in this little eating establishment. The waiter went to fulfill their orders.

"After we’re done with Rarity… are we going back to the castle?" Blake questioned.

Luna gave a nod. “Indeed… I had hoped that you and Twilight would begin to get along but it seems that she needs more time until she is ready to make a pleasant conversation with you.” She answered.

"Yeah. It all depends on her and how she acts in the days to come." Blake added.
Giving a nod in return, Luna dropped the topic and eagerly awaited for their meals to arrive.

And after their lunch, the Carousel Boutique was the next stop on their little outing in Ponyville. If possible, they would meet the rest of the Elements soon enough.

Author's Note:

And thus... after a long and frustrating long hiatus... not to mention dealing with damn author's and writer's block, your patience has finally been awarded with the next chapter of Kitty's a Long Way from Home!

Sorry it took so long to finish this chapter but life has an unexpected tendency to distract my mind and not allow me to write... not to mention being focused on other things and such. Ugh... I hate myself at times.

Next chapter won't be long... I promise. Provided I get to updating the rest of the stuff I've neglected to do. Also, another thing is that I would like to hear your opinions and thoughts on the chapters that I post... how to improve them, what to include, how to write better... that sort of thing.

Just your comments and thoughts... so I can improve my writing. Might also remove the Displaced Sora story since it's not going anywhere and I don't think I plan to update it any time soon. Sorry for that, dear readers. Maybe someday I'll restart it... KEYWORD: Maybe.

Special thanks to my friend and reader, Madforce, for assisting and helping me in my quest to become a better author! Thanks a bunch, my friend!

You know the drill - I own nothing but this story and the idea. If I owned RWBY, I'd do a lot of changes to it. Better than Rooster Teeth at least. Enjoy and happy reading!

Comments ( 18 )

A book with erotica and some action. Looks like Kohaku had not only become Blake but even inherited some of her mannerisms… along with a mix of her personality.

That’s interesting. Is that all displaced are like?

“Element of Laughter! Please control yourself if you can! Blake is a guest and a newcomer to Ponyville!” Luna revealed to the pink hyper earth pony who had originally planned to bombard Blake with a load of questions.

The Element of Laughter calmed down and let out some giggles. "Sorry, Princess Luna! I’m just excited to meet a new friend!” She replied truthfully.

Wait a minute. Didn’t they see Blake when she first showed up?

Luna gave a nod. “Indeed… I had hoped that you and Twilight would begin to get along but it seems that she needs more time until she is ready to make a pleasant conversation with you.” She answered.

I’m kind of confused about what twilight’s problem is.

11663767
11663773
Woah, while I understand having questions and criticizing some of the events that happened in the chapter. Maybe you should read the other chapters first.

i think the chapters need to be longer there just too short at this point in time:heart:

Is it just me or does the main character feel different in each chapter with it being too quick of a change.

11664051
Is it? Huh, sorry about that… been trying my best to improve and well, I’m having some difficulties. Sorry about that.

Tell you what - why not tell me which parts show our MC being a different character and I’ll do my best to try and not change her anymore than I already have?

Hmm, you can tell me how you want Displaced Blake to act in future chapters. That ok?

11663899
I’ll try my best to make them longer. If that helps.

11663759

1. That’s interesting. Is that all displaced are like?
Answer: Hard to say, Pete. I’ll not be honest with you since I’m not certain myself. Might have to read more displaced stories and see for myself.

2. Wait a minute. Didn’t they see Blake when she first showed up?
Answer: Only showed up but didn’t get the chance to ask questions about her since she took off to find out where she was. Hmmm… probably should elaborate more in later chapters.

3. I’m kind of confused about what Twilight’s problem is.
Answer: And… I’m sorry about that. Yes, it is confusing to be honest. This chapter was based in rp form and I re-edited it… let’s just say I messed up a bit this time.

Sorry about that, Pete. But to clear up the confusion - Twilight is suspicious of Blake and wants to see what her intentions are. Hence why the reluctance. In the next chapters, we’ll have that interrogation and hopefully it will clear up the confusion.

I hope it helps Pete. Thanks for your review once more. And thanks for the defense.

11664076
Thanks and You’re welcome

11664236
Next chapter won’t be long Pete. Hopefully.

Thank you for the defense once more. Hopefully you understood a lot of the chapter’s stuff.

11664283
I did and you’re absolutely welcome

11663759

11664076
Actually, from what I've seen a personality merge seems unique to this story. Almost all displaced stories just have their MC retain their own personality unchanged. Though a couple had the MC struggle with their character's spirit attempting to override totally them as a plot point.

11683536
I just got down writing this one and you already want the next one?

11683884
time waits for no one and nor do i as im only willing to wait for a short amount of time for every chapter too come out

No humans or Faunus on Equestria... What a bummer. She would have been intrigued to meet another Faunus like Velvet Scarlatina or Ilia Amitola, despite them being RWBY characters.

It would be kind of interesting if Blake wound up meeting a character that was designed almost exactly like Sun

when are you going to update this story its been too long now so the next chapter needs to come out soon:heart::pinkiecrazy:

11775032
You wanted my response? Here's my response and I'm taking a quote from another FimFic user:

Demanding free content is one of the rudest things you can do as a reader.

Login or register to comment