• Published 22nd Feb 2021
  • 979 Views, 49 Comments

To Be A Master - Someguy458



Twilight modifies the Mirror Portal so it can go to another dimension. She and her friends end up in Kanto, as Pokémon.

  • ...
1
 49
 979

(4) — The Professor is In!

The Laboratory was particularly quiet today. Professor Oak was sitting under a tree outside, observing the Pokémon running around the fenced-in area. Among the Pokémon, a Bulbasaur was helping a Tangela practice its Vine Whip, several Tauros were grazing, and a Sceptile was on its own, meditating.

Yes, today was particularly calm.

Which was why Professor Oak was prepared for something to come and disrupt that.

As such, he wasn't surprised when Ash came running up the path, shouting "Professor Oak!!" the whole way. He was even less surprised when the sudden exclamation broke the Tangela's focus, causing it to accidentally let a Vine Whip out, hitting a nearby Tauros. Said Tauros began to freak out from the pain, causing the whole herd to panic and stampede to the other side of the range. The tremors caused by this annoyed Sceptile, but he decided to break the chain, remaining calm and in place.

Professor Oak watched all this play out, a large bead of sweat falling down his head. "Ash..." he muttered to himself.

Finally, Ash reached Professor Oak, followed by a Galarian Ponyta, a Swablu, a Charmander, and a Swirlix. "Sorry about that, Professor Oak; I'm just excited to get this started as quickly as possible."

Professor Oak took a breath to re-center himself. "Now Ash, it's good to see you again, but what could be so exciting that you felt the need to startle all the Pokémon?"

The kid cleared his throat before replying, "I'd like you to meet Twilight Sparkle and her friends."

Oak peered around Ash to look at the Pokémon. "My, that's quite an interesting assortment of Pokémon. Where'd you find them?"

Ash turned to the Galarian Ponyta. "You wanna take it from here?"

Oak raised an eyebrow, but said nothing.

The Ponyta stepped forward, and cleared her throat. "It's nice to meet you, Professor Oak. My name is Twilight Sparkle, I'm a Princess from another dimension, and I'm very curious about Pokémon."

Huh. Oak certainly wasn't prepared for that.


The Professor brought them all into the Lab, where they proceeded to explain everything.

"Fascinating..." Oak mumbled. "We already knew alternate dimensions existed, but to have several intelligent creatures come from one — and be physically transformed by the journey, no less!"

"You already know about alternate dimensions?!" Spike asked.

Ash answered, "Giratina lives in the Distortion World, and a bunch of Pokémon called the Ultra Beasts come from another universe."

"That's right, Ash," Professor Oak commended. He then turned back to Twilight and smiled. "It is a privilege to even live to see this day, let alone be the one you came to."

"The feeling's mutual," Twilight smiled back. "I'm really excited to learn all I can about Pokémon."

The man laughed. "You remind me of myself. I think we'll get along well."

"I can't wait to meet all the Pokémon you have out in that range," Fluttershy commented.

"I'll get some snacks cooking!" Pinkie exclaimed, rushing off to find the nearest kitchen.

Oak blinked. "How will she do that without knowing any moves?"

Spike rolled his eyes. "It's Pinkie Pie; she'll find a way."

Ash looked worriedly to where Pinkie had disappeared. "Still, I'd better go help her. Pikachu, you stay here — have some fun with Fluttershy, 'kay?"

"Pikachu!" the yellow Pokémon cheered. Ash took off his hat and placed it onto Pikachu's head, before rushing off to find Pinkie.


Meanwhile, at Ash's house...

*Ding dong!*

Delia glanced up from her book at the sound. "Who could that be?" she asked herself, before getting up to answer the door.

Standing outside were two young adults of indiscriminate age, both dressed as scouts. The man had blue hair, while the woman had magenta hair.

Three guesses as to their actual identities.

"Why, hello there," the woman greeted in a clearly fake accent. "My name is 'Hayami',—"

"—and my name's 'Eichi'!" The man continued, pitching up his voice in an attempt to sound feminine.

"Would you like some cookies?" they both finished together, holding up an indistinct box.

Delia stared silently for a moment.

Then she slammed the door shut.

Jessie groaned. "Nice going, James!"

James scowled at Jessie. "Says the woman who decided we should act Japanese!"

"Hey, I was working with the disguises you created!"

He scoffed, offended. "I happen to like these outfits, thank you very much!"

"Wouldja two stop arguin' already?!" A Brooklyn accent came from the box the two were still holding. The lid opened, and out popped Meowth. "You's both idiots, and dat's all dere is to it. Now can we leave before dat lady calls da cops or somethin'?"

The two humans glared at him for a moment, before dropping the box to the ground. Meowth let out a pained yelp, climbing out of the box and rubbing his sore heiny.

"This is so humiliating," Jessie grumbled as she began to walk away. "We haven't been able to catch that twerp's Pikachu, and we've been trying for..."

She paused, "How long have we been trying?"

James and Meowth looked at each other, but no answer came.

She groaned again. "Why can't we do it? Is there something we're doing wrong?!"

"Naw, it's dat kid he's always with," Meowth growled. "As long as dey're both together, dey're inseparable!"

A minute of silent contemplation passed as they continued to walk.

James looked up, then paused. "Hey, look at that!" He pointed towards Professor Oak's Lab, which had just come into view while they were walking.

Within the fenced-off area, among all the Pokémon, was a Pikachu wearing Ash's hat.

"Well," Jessie remarked, "that's certainly lucky."


Fluttershy was incredibly happy. Even the fact that she was in a foreign world hardly mattered; right now, she was as content as could be.

"My, that is certainly an interesting tale," she commented as Infernape finished telling her about his adventures with Ash. "I'm glad everyone came back alright."

~Me too,~ Infernape chattered. ~It's pretty cool how you can understand us without speaking our language.~

"Why thank you," she blushed. "It's my special talent. Now, how about you, Noctowl? Do you have any interesting stories?"

~Oh, do I! So, I'm actually what's known as a 'Shiny Pokémon' — Noctowls aren't usually this color.~

"Ooh!" Fluttershy awed.

~I know, right? They're really rare, and...~

As the Noctowl recounted everything it knew about Shiny Pokémon, Fluttershy's gaze wandered slightly. She saw a Snorlax sunning itself, Pikachu standing near the edge of the range with two people sneaking up behind him, and a Muk who was—

Wait a second... uh-oh!

Fluttershy gasped, drawing the attention of the Pokémon near her to what she was looking at. The two froze as they realized that they'd been seen by several Pokémon they were already acquainted with — including Pikachu now, too.

"Uh..." the man began, "No hard feelings, right?"

*BAM!*

"Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off agaaaaain...!"

Fluttershy stared in surprise as the two people were launched towards the horizon by several Pokémon at once. "Uhh... Will they be alright?"

~Unfortunately, yes,~ Unfezant grumbled.

Pikachu then explained, ~Those guys are always trying to nab me to give to their evil boss!~

"Oh dear," Fluttershy looked off at where they went. "Who were they?"

~Jessie and James of Team Rocket,~ Infernape stated. ~Although they usually travel with a Meowth, too...~


Unbeknownst to them, however, Meowth had been waiting out of sight, and therefore, hadn't been blasted off along with the two.

And now, he was staring at that talking Swablu, with poké-dollar signs in his eyes.

Author's Note:

Oh hey, I'm back with another chapter of this? How special!

Initially, Team Rocket was going to appear much later on, but I think it'll be better to introduce them now, so we can get plenty of use out of them.

Comments ( 18 )

when you only see two out of tre....

Prepar for truble!

10 bits say Meowth would slowly fell for Fluttershy. I mean, who wouldn't?

11010132
He has always been a hopeless romantic, hasn't he?

Okay, now things are getting much interesting.
Hope a new chapter comes soon. :pinkiehappy:

11010059
And make it double

11011064
To protect the world from devastation

And now, he was staring at that talking Swablu, with poké-dollar signs in his eyes.

Guess Pikachu won’t be Team Rocket’s only target…:twilightoops:

11011101
To unite all people within our nation

11010132
Poke dollars mean Meowth got an idea to make Team Rocket some more cash.

11020638
To denounce the evils of truth and love

11020974
To extend our reaches to the stars above

11021811
Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!

Ash answered, "Giratina lives in the Distortion World, and a bunch of Pokémon called the Ultra Beasts come from another universe."

Okay, forget it. Definitely Pokémon Journeys.

11021812
Surrender now, or prepare to fight!

Despite the short length of the chapters they are pretty fun to read. I look forward to what comes next.

11058262
I'm glad you think so! "Quality over quantity", right?

Login or register to comment