• Published 22nd Feb 2021
  • 979 Views, 49 Comments

To Be A Master - Someguy458



Twilight modifies the Mirror Portal so it can go to another dimension. She and her friends end up in Kanto, as Pokémon.

  • ...
1
 49
 979

(3) — A Home Cooked Delia-cacy!

Eventually, Ash stood back up. "Well, it's getting late; I really ought to be heading back home." He paused for a moment, then added, "Would you like to come with?"

Twilight gasped. She looked to the others for their opinions, and when nobody objected, she eagerly replied, "Oh, yes please!"

He nodded, beginning to lead the way back where he'd come from. "Alright, then let's go!"

The group began to walk after him as he made his way through the foliage with surprising knowledge. After a while, they left the thicker part of the woods and got on a path.

And in no time at all, they were met with a rather small village. A few scattered houses lined the road, and on a hill, a laboratory-looking building stood proud.

That was it. That was the entire village, as far as they could tell.

A few people were out and about, and whenever they noticed Ash's group, they'd stop, stare for a moment, then shrug it off and keep walking. Apparently, it wasn't uncommon for Ash to have a bunch of Pokémon with him.

Speaking of which...

Twilight hung back to address the rest of the Equestrians. "Okay, girls, we should try and act normal. You saw how Ash reacted when he found out we could talk, so let's keep that to a minimum."

Everypony nodded (AJ more hesitantly than the others).

Eventually, they reached one of those houses, and Ash let himself in. "Mom, I'm back!"

A sweet voice came from another room, "Welcome back! I trust you stayed safe out there?"

Ash rolled his eyes. "Mom! I've been to Kalos by myself; I can walk down Route 1 just fine."

A chuckle came from his Mom. "I know, dear. Now, did anything happen while you were out?"

"Actually," he began, "I met a bunch of new friends!"

"Oh?" Her interest was piqued. A moment later, a sweet-looking woman wearing a cooking apron stepped out of what Twilight assumed was the kitchen. She looked at the group and blinked in surprise. "Why, hello there!"

"Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie!" The party planner immediately replied.

Understandably, Ash's Mom promptly fainted.

Everypony glared at Pinkie Pie, who looked confused. "What?"


Thankfully, there were some smelling salts readily available in a closet. It wasn't even a minute before she stirred.

Then, remembering why she'd fainted, she sat bolt upright and stared at the group. "Y-you can talk..."

Twilight nodded. "Sorry about surprising you like that; Pinkie tends to get excited when meeting new people."

Pinkie blushed, nodding.

Ash's Mom stammered, "B-but that's not possible; the only Pokémon I've seen talk is Team Rocket's Meowth!"

Ash thought for a moment before pointing out, "What about all those Psychic Types that can use telepathy?"

She blinked. "Well, besides them."

"And Rotom-Dex could talk, too."

"And him..."

Ash began to count on his fingers, "Then there was that Tentacruel that attacked Hutbur Port, some Gastly have spoken, there was that Slowking in the Orange Isles, Entei, Darkrai, Arceus, Manaphy could say a few things, Hoop–"

"Okay, I get it," Ash's Mom gently but firmly stopped the callback-fest before it could get out of control.

He rubbed his head bashfully, "Sorry."

Twilight stepped forward. "We're actually visiting from another dimension, where we aren't Pokémon."

Ash's Mom froze. "W-wha...?"

Spike helpfully piped in, "Twilight here is incredibly smart, and she figured out how to –"

"N-no," she clarified, "I'm just confused; why come here, of all places?"

"Do you mean 'here' as in 'this dimension', or 'here' as in 'your house, specifically'?"

"Both, really."

Twilight shrugged. "We didn't choose a specific dimension, we just sorta jumped in. And your son here was the first one we met, and he's been nice so far."

Ash blushed. "Aw, gee, thanks."

Finally somewhat calm, Ash's Mother stood up. "Well, in any case, uh, welcome to the Kanto Region. My name's Delia, and, uh... would you like some food?"

Twilight smiled. "Oh, there's no need for that; we're just passing through."

Ash stepped forward. "But you ought to be hungry after your journey. It'll be no trouble at all, I promise."

Twilight looked to her friends, who all seemed okay with the idea. "Well, experiencing the dietary needs of a novel body does sound tempting..."

Everyone except for Spike stared in confusion. "Is, uh, that a yes?" Ash asked.

She blinked sheepishly. "Yes."


Pretty soon, everyone was in the kitchen, having dinner. Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy joined Pikachu and another Pokémon (dubbed 'Mimey' by Delia) on the floor, while Twilight, Spike, and Rarity sat at the table with the humans.

Rarity scoffed at the group on the floor. "Ugh, remind me why you're eating on the floor again?"

AJ replied, "Well, Ah'm too short ta reach the table."

Rarity muttered to herself, "I'm shorter than you right now, yet I'm doing fine."

Fluttershy blushed, "I just wanted to relate to my animal friends, since I always feed them like this."

Rainbow shrugged. "I dunno; it just feels right to me."

Pinkie giggled, "Me too!"

The fashionista rolled her eyes. "Why'd I even bother asking?"

Twilight, meanwhile, was conversing with Delia. "...and that's when Ash offered to bring us here."

Ash's Mom rubbed the back of her head. "Yep, that sure sounds like Ash; always eager to have a battle..."

"I said I was sorry!" Ash protested.

The three chuckled amongst themselves, before Twilight continued. "Speaking of which, I was wondering if you could answer a few questions I have?"

"Oh?" Delia asked. "And what would those questions be?"

"For starters, why catch Pokémon? What purpose, if any, does it serve, and what do you do afterwards?"

Ash's Mom pondered that for a moment. "Well, it really depends on the type of person you are. Some people train them to do battle; others enter them into contests; a few do research; but most people bond with their caught Pokémon. But then again, I'm probably not the best suited for answering that question; the only Pokémon I've ever caught is Mimey, and that was just so I'd have someone to help with the chores."

At the mention of his name, Mimey responded with a wave and a "Mime mime!"

Delia waved back, then continued, "If you want a better answer, you could always go and visit Professor Oak. He lives down the road at the Pokémon Lab, where he researches all sorts of Pokémon."

That piqued Twilight's interest. "Sounds like this Professor Oak is my kind of guy."

Ash raised his hand excitedly, "I can take you to him first thing in the morning!"

"Maybe not first thing, but yeah, I'd love to," the Princess agreed. After a moment, she addressed her friends. "Well, girls, looks like it's time to head home for the evening."

Delia stood up. "Actually, why don't you stay here? We have plenty of room, and—"

"As much as we appreciate your hospitality," Twilight interrupted, "some of us have things we need to do back home tomorrow."

AJ nodded, "Ah need to make sure the farm's runnin' in tip-top shape."

Rarity agreed, "And my boutique won't run itself."

"I've got weather duty tomorrow," Rainbow bemoaned. "As much fun as it'd be to stay and explore..."

"I understand completely," Delia said, her smile never leaving her face.

"But I'm free," Fluttershy piped up. "After I make sure my animal friends are taken care of, of course."

"And I'm sure I can make it, too!" Pinkie agreed. "I just need to get one of the Cakes to cover my shift."

"I'm sticking with Twilight wherever she goes," Spike pointed out, "so if she'll be here tomorrow, so will I."

"Then it's settled: Fluttershy, Pinkie, Spike and I will meet you here tomorrow, and you can take us to Professor Oak's Lab."

"Deal!" Ash grinned. He held out his hand, and Twilight held out her hoof, which he shook vigorously.


"And so, our heroes head back home for the night, with the promise of further adventure! What awaits them in the Kanto Region? Only time will tell, as the journey continues—"

"Pinkie, dear," Rarity asked, "Why are you narrating?"

The party planner made a shrugging sound. "I dunno, it just felt appropriate."