• Published 21st May 2021
  • 303 Views, 0 Comments

Starsong The Best Foalsitter - Creativa-Artly01



Starsong is the cousin who is like a little sister to Sunburst and Sunset. She’s also a great foalsitter to their fillies.

  • ...
 0
 303

Chapter 4

After spending two more weeks at Misty’s, Sunset and Sunburst return to the Crystal Empire once again accompanied by Starsong. “Are you sure your mom is okay with you leaving her again?” Asks Sunburst concerned.

“It’s only for a few weeks, she’s just still packing up to move back here to the Empire, she’ll be fine,” responds Starsong.

“Okay, if you say so,” responds Sunburst.

Meanwhile back at Starsong’s foal hood home, Misty works on packing up boxes upon boxes with Stellar Flare’s help. “It is smart that you and your daughter are moving back into the Crystal Empire proper. Their school is good and she’ll do well there. And besides, she basically lives at Sunburst’s anyways when she’s in the Empire.” Stellar chuckles.

“Yeah, I know,” sighs Misty, “I just feel regret from not moving back there sooner still is all. I just miss Sunspot so much.” She breaks back down into tears. Stellar comes over to comfort her daughter in law.

“Shhh, shhh, child it’s okay,” says Stellar as she runs her hooves through Misty’s mane, “it’s not your fault.” After about an hour to two of crying, the two return to packing and a week later, Misty and her daughter are fully moved into a house in the Crystal Empire right up the way from Sunburst and Starlight and Sunset no less. Starsong is more than thrilled.

The following Monday at school, Starsong is introduced by her teacher Mrs. Haybarley to the rest of the students before taking her seat between two other young mares. “Hello, we’re Dandelion and Daffodil Daze,” say the bright yellow unicorn twins with beaming smiles on their faces to the newcomer, “you must be new here, what’s your name?”

“Starsong,” responds Starsong. “And yeah, I’m new here. Moved here last week, Thursday.”

“Well, welcome,” respond the unicorn twins with the smiles still on their faces.

After the school day comes to an end at about 4:00 that afternoon, Starsong walks out chattering with the twins. She’s glad to have finally made her first true friends. After about a half hour, Starsong is finally picked up by Starlight.

“Why isn’t mom picking me up?” Asks Starsong confused.

“She broke down in tears again, so I told her to just stay and that I’d come pick you up to which she agreed, I hope you don’t mind,” responds Starlight with a smile.

“No, not at all,” responds Starsong. “I made two new friends today by the way, with the unicorn twins Dandelion and Daffodil Daze.”

“You keep good company,” says Starlight, “better than I did at your age. Sunburst was the only friend I ever had and I kinda snapped when he left, but things are better now, obviously.” Starlight giggles.

“Yeah,” agrees Starsong, “you two are so happy together!” The young mare smiles. “I’m so glad we’re family, you know that?”

“Yeah, I know,” responds Starlight. Minutes later, they arrive home where they’re greeted by Misty and Sunset.

“I just got the fillies asleep,” says Sunset to Starlight.

“Yeah, thanks for that,” says Starlight with a smile. She uses her magic to open the fridge where she pulls out premade sandwiches for Starsong and for herself. Starsong takes the sandwich with her own magic and begins snacking on it. She then goes on to tell everypony about her day at school including the new friends she made. Needless to say, her mom and the rest of her family are overjoyed. They’re so glad to see her adjusted to life in the Crystal Empire.

About three hours later, Sunburst returns home from work and Starsong tells him all about her day as he eats his own sandwich and drinks his Crystal berry cider. “I’m glad you’re getting used to everything here and adjusting well,” says Sunburst with a smile. “I’m glad you’ve made friends. We all are. And Ms. Lily Daze’s fillies are some of the sweetest. I’m glad you’ve befriended them. They’re the nicest mares I’ve ever met.”

“What does their mom do that you’re familiar with Dandelion and Daffodil Daze?” Inquires Starsong.

“Their mom is a social worker for Cadence’s orphanage,” responds Sunburst, “sometimes if I don’t have anything to do for Shining Armor, Cadence has me help out at the Crystal Kingdom Orphanage. That’s how I met Lily Daze.”

“Okay, that’s actually quite cool,” responds Starsong. She lets out a slow yawn.

“Go get some sleep,” her mom pipes up. Starsong nods and wishes everyone goodnight before going to her guest room in Sunburst and Starlight’s house. Tomorrow she has another day of school, it’s best she gets the most sleep she possibly can in the meantime.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment