• Published 27th Dec 2020
  • 392 Views, 12 Comments

Bloodborne: Before Dawn - StardustSprinkle



After an expedition of the Two Sister's castle, Sunset finds herself in a bizarre situation.

  • ...
 12
 392

A Voice

The sound of boulders smashing into each other fills the air as Sunset ducks down behind a tombstone-like structure. As the boulders fall like rain, Sunset must stay still and endure the torture of the poisonous lake.

"Ah!" Sunset screams as a starfish-like monster with pale skin vomit even more toxins on Sunset.

"Why, you little..." Sunset swings out her ax as the blade of moonlight, without her knowledge, starts to glow on her back. However, when she stands up to fight, several boulders smashed her head.

"Twi...light..." Her sight fades as her mind goes blank. Her senses dull as the starfish-like creatures slowly move away. Then, just before life exits her body, the Holy Moonlight Sword unleashes a power blast, shocking Sunset back to life.

"Go figures!" Sunset says as she spits out the poisons that flowed into her mouth when she was losing her consciousness: "What..."

"To your left." A mysterious voice whispers into Sunset's ears.

"Who?" Sunset makes a face while panting for air: "Who are you?"

"To your left." The voice warns again.

"Oof," Sunset rolls to her right before a super-sized boulder smashes to her left.

"To the cave." the voice guides.

"Agh, whatever," Sunset groans as she charges towards a cavern while dodging boulders.

"Left, right, left, left, right..." the voice echoes in Sunset's ears. With its' guide, Sunset traversed the swamp without suffering any injury.

"Ok, voice," Sunset holds onto her ax tightly: "Show yourself!"

"Proceed." the voice says.

"What?" Sunset looks around.

"Proceed." the voice repeats.

"Whatever," Sunset lets out a sigh of defeat. After all, the voice did guide her to safety.

As she moves onto the other side, however, another voice calls out to her.

"Sunset!" It's Twilight's voice.

"Twilight?" Sunset's mind starts racing: "Hello?"

"Sunset! It's me! Twilight!" the voice continues as the sound of footsteps quickens towards Sunset's position: "Sunset!"

"Twilight!" Sunset drops her ax: "Twilight!"

As she runs towards 'Twilight,' however, Sunset was greeted with a swollen head and dozens of eyes. Then, as two tentacles grab Sunset's head, the monster starts to speak again: "Sunset! How are you? It has certainly been a while!"

"Stop!" Sunset screams in a muffled voice as she tries to push the monster away.

"Sunset, how are you?" the monster speaks with perfect clarity as it tries to shove Sunset's head into its' mouth.

"Away!" Sunset kicks it aside, pulling out her blade of moonlight.

"Sunset! How are you?" The monster says as its' eyes glow: "Let's have a reading session."

"Enough!" the blade glows, and the light around it gradually forms into an emerald-colored blade with intricate designs.

"Sunset! Let's read!" The monster charges at Sunset, spitting put sentences it doesn't understand "Sunset! How are you!"

"Stop..." Sunset says through gritted teeth as she suffers a severe headache. Finally, she yields to the light that the monster emits from its' eyes. Sunset drops on her knees as the monster latch onto her.

"Sunset! Look out!" The thing says as it tries to.

"Away!" with the last of her strength, Sunset penetrated the monster's body with her blade.

"Sunset! Let's read!" The monster says as its' body fades into dust.

"I...I'm going to puke..." Sunset mumbles.

"Down." The voice calls out to Sunset again: "Go down."

"Whatever," Sunset sits down, panting for air: "Whatever."

Comments ( 3 )

Why are the chapters so short? The synopsis makes this story sound like it should have longer chapters. ...Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

A dislike from me. 3 chapters to enough to tell it bad now. Each chapter have at least 1k words to call but I advice you should write 2k words/ chap. That will make your story not lack of detail. Beside don't make the viewer use Google to see what stuff are you mention in your description, not everyone play Bloodborn you know?

Oh dear a winter lantern

Login or register to comment