• Published 27th Dec 2020
  • 392 Views, 12 Comments

Bloodborne: Before Dawn - StardustSprinkle



After an expedition of the Two Sister's castle, Sunset finds herself in a bizarre situation.

  • ...
 12
 392

A New Dream

"No!" Sunset sit bolt upright from her bed: "Wha..."

She looks around her room, but everything is normal. Ever since her expedition in the Castle of the Two Sister, Sunset starts to suffer insomnia. After each sleepless night, she would see tiny beings of light at the corner of her eyes. However, just before she catches a glimpse of them, the beings would vanish as if there were never there. Even in the dreamland, she would see terrible creatures with mutated features. Sometimes, she would suffer injuries in the dream and wake up only to find the wounds.

"Celestia..." It's another nightmare. In her dream, Sunset saw little creatures with pale skin all over her body. Perhaps she shouldn't go on the trip after all. As moonlight shines brilliantly on the floor, a faint, blue light catches her eyes: It emits from a relic she obtained from Luna's chamber. Maybe, it's the source of her nightmares? Sunset turns the light on, but the relic shines even brighter. It's a sword named the Holy Moonlight Blade. Millenniums ago, it was used by Princess Luna to access the dream realm. As time passed, Luna learned to enter the dreamland by herself, and the relic became nothing but an ornament.

"I should have left it to Twilight," Sunset mumbles. Upon discovering the sword, they wrote a letter to Luna. The reply they received indicated that it's useless now and they can keep it. After days of researching, Twilight concluded that it's indeed powerless now and asked Sunset whether she wants to keep it. Sunset, attracted by its' mysterious aura, gladly took the offer. Ever since then, her nights were plagued by nightmares and sleeplessness.

After a moment of consideration, Sunset decides to take tomorrow off and return it to Twilight. However, the glowing blade draws her attention away from that thought. At this moment, the once outworn blade, wrapped in bandages, now doubled in size and emits a calming cerulean light. Infatuated by its' strange property, Sunset decides to get out of bed and take a closer look. The esoteric light draws her ever closer as a candle would to a moth. Finally, no longer able to resist the attraction, Sunset takes the blade in her own hands and carefully examines it. The once thin blade is now wide and appears to be crafted out of moonlight itself. Upon closer inspection, Sunset discovered that the sword's engravings has changed and appears to be talking to her.

No! I can't give in! Sunset shakes her head: I must resist! I can't give in!

Sunset throws the sword on the ground and heads out for a stroll. It's 3 am, but she can't sleep after it just happened.

"Who is it?" Sunset shouts after hearing a strange whisper next to her ears: "Show yourself."

There's no one in her room. Yet, the swords glow ever brighter as Sunset can't help but lie her eyes upon it. Sunset shakes her head violently as the whisper gets louder and louder. Perhaps it's a good idea to take a nap. A bad decision, really. But what else could she do?

It's another nightmare. Only this time, she is trapped in a place full of humanoid figures melted to the ground and soaked with blood. They are skinny, hairless, and lacks eyes. They look like corpses but can still move and talk.

"Ah, have mercy," a voice whispers: "She's disgusting. Sunset, the Accursed. Have mercy, have mercy..."

"Hello?" Sunset calls out as her voice quivers: "I am here to hurt you."

Before she figures where the voice came from, a terrible scream cut through the sky. Only moments later, a giant beast crushes into the yard. It looks like a fusion between a human and a horse: its' head looks like that of a human but stretched into ungodly portions. Its' body is like that of a centaur, covered by rotten orangish skin and extra limbs. The only human feature is the Holy Moonlight Blade on its' back, ragged clothing covering its' upped body, and strings of crimson hair on its' head.

It looks like...me...Sunset thinks to herself: No...but why? I am a changed person...why?

The beast lets out an unholy crying before charging towards Sunset. With little time to react, Sunset reaches for her Blade of Moonlight. As the beast gets closer by the seconds, a brilliant blueish light starts to glow on the blade. As the two collides, a burst of magic energy illuminated night as the beast frantically swings its' claw.

"Ah!" Again, Sunset wakes up from her ordeal while panting for air. What a horrible dream, but thankfully it's all a dream. Or is it? A sharp pain shoots from her shoulder as her bed sheets are now soaked in blood. It's enough, she decides. It's time to put an end to it all. She must visit Twilight's castle and find out what is going on. It's not her first nightmare, but it's certainly the most disturbing. Seeing herself as a mutated, mindless beast reminds Sunset of a part of herself that she'd rather forget. This time, the blade saved her. Without it, Sunset would have kissed the world goodbye.

Dear Princess Twilight, Sunset writes in her magical journal: I am writing to let you know that the relic we obtained in the castle is still functional and contain power beyond our imagination. It allows me to enter a world where reality and dream overlaps. If I get injured in the dreamland, then I would get injured in the real world. It also glows when moonlight shines on it (or when I am in danger in the dream world). I have been suffering from nightmares ever since you give it to me. I hope we can meet sometime today and conduct more research on it. I think it would be a good idea if we get Princess Luna since this thing belonged to her thousands of years ago. I wonder if she understands how it works. If yes, then we need to do something before something bad happens.
Yours,
Sunset Shimmer