• Published 15th Nov 2020
  • 292 Views, 0 Comments

Feast Your Eyes on This! - TheGamerBrony



Brony starts a tradition at the School of Friendship.

  • ...
 0
 292

Feast Your Eyes on This!

As winter prepares to reach into Equestria, the School of Friendship is beginning to cease activities for this semester. After the 4-day fall break, Headmare Starlight Glimmer has called for two more weeks of regular instruction before finals week. After a two-week hiatus from learning, the semester-long cycle starts all over again. Right now, the school is in its final weekend before the fall break, and that means the students could return home in order to curb pre-final stress. For Brony, this is probably the only holiday break he’s looking forward too. Not only is he looking forward to seeing his mother for the first time in months, but Thanksgiving was his favorite holiday as that was the only holiday he and his mother was actually able to celebrate. Every year, they would head over to the local shelter where a big Thanksgiving feast would be held. Brony loved going to the shelter, especially on Thanksgiving, because the food they would serve was delicious, even better than the same ‘ol “government food” they always eat at home. This was among the only things Brony liked about Windcrest, so much so that he wanted to bring that tradition over to the school. So, he walked over to Starlight’s office to explain what he wanted to do.

“Come in!” Starlight called as Brony knocked on her door.

Brony walked into the office.

“Hi, Brony! What can I do for you?”

“I was thinking about a Thanksgiving tradition I could bring up with you for the school.”

“Really? What’s Thanksgiving?”

“It’s a holiday that takes place late in November. That time each year, my mom and I would go to our local shelter and they would have this huge feast. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes…”

“That’s a great idea, Brony! In fact, I was about to bring up that same idea with you. Y’know, since this is a place of all cultures, we should have an all-culture feast where your friends could present foods from their homelands.”

“Great idea, Starlight! Do you think you could help me?”

“Of course!” Starlight replied as she counted up some bits. “Here’s some money to buy what you need. I’ll go inform the others and try to get them involved.”

“Thanks, Starlight! I’ll be right back!” Brony replied as he raced out of Starlight’s office.


While Brony was out shopping for his participating dish for the feast, Starlight gathered everyone else inside the common room to discuss the dinner.

“A big feast? For me? I mean, for us? Oh, Starlight! You’re too kind!” Gallus humorously remarked.

Starlight laughed. “Thank you, Gallus. But this isn’t my idea. It’s Brony’s. Back home, he had an annual tradition where he would have a big feast with the members of his community.”

“That’s what we do every year for Hoofsgiving.” Peg added.

“Well, sounds like he’s not the only one who carries that tradition. Which is why he and I thought it would be great if all of you made dishes from your homelands for everybody else to try.”

“That’s a great idea, Starlight. I can’t wait until you guys try out my dish!” Ocellus added as she and the others went into the kitchen to make their dishes.


Meanwhile, at the market, Brony got all the things on his list and now he is about to check out. Unfortunately, he’s at the end of a very long line.

“Good gosh! It’ll take forever to get outta here!” he thought to himself.

Several minutes later, it’s his turn to unload.

“So, is everyone else celebrating Thanksgiving too?” Brony asked the store clerk.

“I don’t know what that is, but this store is very busy this time of year. Everypony is out having family over for a big feast. And I suppose you’re having one too with your family?”

“Sure am! I’m at the School of Friendship. We’re having a big all-cultures feast.”

“You go to the School of Friendship as well? My daughter goes there!”

“Really?”

“Yes. She’s a high-achiever and in the honors program.”

Brony’s eyes lit up. “Wow! I’m in the honors program too. Small world, eh?”

“Sure is. Say, you’re Brony T. Pony, the son of that actress Missy. I’ve been a fan of your mom for quite some time.”

“Yep! My mom’s quite a talent! What’s your favorite movie of hers if you don’t mind me askin’?”

“I really loved Wild Horses. I’m a huge western fan. Alright, dear, your total comes to 50 bits.”

Brony presented the 50 bits and put the items into his saddlebag. “Thank you! It’s been nice talkin’ to ya but I gotta skidaddle!” he said as he made his way out of the store.


Once Brony made it back to the school, he saw that everybody else was in the middle of cooking.

“Howdy, y’all!” Brony greeted as he began preparing his food.

“Hi, Brony! Thanks for doing this for us.” Sandbar replied.

“No problem. This was a very important day for me and my mom and I want y’all to get into the tradition too. So, how’s everyone doin’?” Brony asked.

“Corn, Peg, and Smolder are already finished. Gallus and Yona are close to done. Ocellus is just standing there. I’m waiting on my cake to finish baking. Silverstream’s waiting on her kelp fritters. How about you, Brony?”

“I just got back from the store. It might take a while for my food to completely finish. How much time do we have left until we’re supposed to sit down?”

“We have four more hours, but since almost everyone’s done, it could be earlier. So whatever you have to do, get it done quick.”

“No problem. I have a few items that could take 30 minutes or less. I could put those in after my turkey and stuffing. This is gonna be great!”

Four hours later, everyone is seated in the dining room, including Starlight.

“Ok, everycreature. While Trixie is looking after Brony’s big meal, I would like to thank every one of you for making this year’s multicultural Thanksgiving feast possible. Since Brony’s food is taking a very long time, it’s best if you go last.” Starlight announced.

“It’s okay, Starlight. I understand. Sorry it won’t be prepared on time.” Brony added.

“It’s quite alright, Brony. Anyways, would you like to go first, Ocellus?”

“Thank you, Starlight. We changelings are amoravores, meaning we feed on love. And that’s what my dish is.” Ocellus announced as she revealed an empty platter.

“Ocellus, where…is your dish?” Starlight asked, feeling confused.

“This is my dish. Although, I don’t think I put enough love on this plate…or…none at all. I still feel hungry.” Ocellus replied.

“Because there’s nothing there!” Gallus retorted. “Anyways, allow me to present my involvement in our feast.”

“Um, what am I looking at? Why’s it green?” Brony asked.

“It’s stone soup, a Griffonstone delicacy. Here, let me pour some into your bowls.” Gallus said as he poured his soup into his friends’ bowls. As soon as all the soup is served, he slurped his soup out of his bowl.

“Gallus, what are you doing?” Starlight asked.

“What? That’s how you’re supposed to eat stone soup.” Gallus replied before letting out a deep belch.

“Maybe in Griffonstone, but definitely not here. Okay, who would like to go next?” Starlight asked.

“Yona go next!” Yona announced as she revealed a brown, gooey mess that looked like diarrhea, much to the shock and disgust of the others.

“Oh my gosh, Yona! You were supposed to cook food, not defecate on your platter!” Starlight yelled.

“Defecate? Yona very offended by headmare pony’s statement!” Yona retorted.

“Oh, I apologize dearly, Yona. Please explain what this…thing is?”

“This Yakyakistan dish. It called…yak stew.” Yona replied as she poured the stew into her friends’ bowls. After it was all served, Yona also slurped her portion out of her bowl.

“Oh, come on, Yona! Not you too!” Starlight said in disgust.

After Yona was finished, she let out a loud belch and threw her bowl to the wall, causing it to shatter into pieces.

“Yona Yak!” Starlight yelled, angrily looking at Yona.

“This all yak tradition. Yak feast no yak feast without loud burp and throwing bowl.” Yona defended.

“Ok, let’s go with someone with proper traditions that include good table manners. Sandbar, we’ll go to you. Please don’t be soup, please don’t be soup!” Starlight announced.

“Thank you, Starlight. My family and I partake in a fall celebration that celebrates togetherness, kinda like what we’re doing here now…just without the loud belching and plate breaking. Ok, maybe I do unintentionally burp a few times at the table, but there’s never any plate breaking. Anyways, here’s my dish.” Sandbar announced as he revealed a big chocolate cake.

“That’s all you eat for dinner?” Peg asked.

“Not all. We eat out before cake time back home. Since I can’t take you guys out to eat, I thought that the cake would be sufficient.” Sandbar replied.

“Well, I just hope I have enough room for the rest of the dishes. This cake is huge!” Starlight remarked.

“Well, that’s for two reasons. One: I have a big family. My parents and sister of course, plus my grandma and grandpa, from both sides of the family, aunts and uncles, all 25 of them, all 46 of my cousins…” Sandbar replied as he tied his napkin onto his chest like a bib.

“Okay, Sandbar, I think we got the point. And please keep your napkin on your lap.” Starlight replied.

“Oops. Sorry, Headmare Starlight.” Sandbar said as he took his bib off and placed it on his lap neatly. “Ok, everyone, dig in!”

A few minutes later, everyone had eaten their slices of cake.

“Sandbar, this was delicious!” Starlight complemented.

“Yeah, you should join baking club!” Silverstream added.

“Hey, when you spend all your time at Sugarcube Corner getting’ fat off of cupcakes, you sorta get a knack for bakin’.” Brony joked.

“I do not spend all my time at Sugarcube Corner!” Sandbar retorted.

“Relax, I’m joking…kinda.” Brony replied as he and Gallus exchanged a brohoof.

“Anyways, Smolder, you’re next.” Starlight announced.

“Finally!” Smolder replied as she presented an assortment of gems.

“Gems? How are you supposed to eat these?” Gallus asked.

“Maybe if you think of these as hard candy, you could eat them.” Corn suggested as he tried eating a gem.

“Ah!” he screamed in pain.

“Are you okay, Corn?” Peg asked.

“Yeah. Think I chipped a tooth. Sorry, Smolder, but I can’t eat this.” Corn said as he placed the gem back onto Smolder’s platter. Everyone else followed suit.

“You uncultured swines.” Smolder murmured.

“Ok, Silverstream, what do you have for us?” Starlight asked.

“Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! It’s my turn! I can’t wait until you try out my kelp fritters!” Silverstream said as she presented her food.

Gallus took a fritter, threw it into his mouth, and ate it. “Mmm, Silverstream, this is delicious!” he said as he tried to reach for a second.

“Ah ah ah, Gallus! I know you like my cooking, but the rest are for everyone else.” Silverstream said.

A few minutes later, it was Corn and Peg’s turn to present their dish, which was just carrots.

“Carrots? That’s all?” Brony asked.

“Well, yes. Carrots are an important part in our culture. If you go to Galloping Grove, you won’t find anyone who doesn’t like carrots. Everyone has at least one carrot a day.” Peg explained.

“So that must mean no one in your town wears glasses, huh?” Gallus added.

“That isn’t true. Many horses in Galloping Grove wear glasses. Miss Sassy, Mayor Montagu, one of the Posies…” Corn replied.

“But there’s no need to worry about your comment being offensive, Gallus. We hear that many times from outsiders.” Peg added.

“Oh, well, thank you.” Gallus said as he took a carrot.

A few minutes later, almost everyone has presented.

“Okay, that’s everyone. But we’re still waiting on you, Brony. What exactly did you buy from the store?” Starlight asked.

“You’ll see…hopefully, soon.” Brony replied, looking towards the kitchen, wondering when the food will be finished.

Suddenly, Trixie stepped into the dining room to inform everyone that the food is ready. Shortly after, Brony and Starlight had put everything on the table. Brony’s presentation alone was its own feast: turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, yams, mashed potatoes and gravy, pumpkin pie, croissants, green bean casserole, cornbread, apple pie, macaroni and cheese, dinner rolls, and a 2-liter bottle of Pony Cola for good measure.

“Wow, Brony! This is a lot of food! We could’ve held a feast just with this!” Starlight remarked.

“Yep. Just like the good ‘ol days! Well, dig in, y’all!” Brony replied.

“Oh, um, Brony. Is the turkey all meat?” Sandbar asked.

“Do you have hay for brains? Of course it’s all meat! It’s turkey!” Brony retorted.

“Oh, um, I can’t have any turkey. I’m a vegetarian.” Sandbar replied.

“Well, you’re missin’ out. Turkey’s my favorite part of the feast.” Brony replied as he fixed his plate.

Thirty minutes later, all the food has been eaten, and everyone was sitting around their tables, holding their newly-rounded bellies.

“Brony, you’ve really *hic* outdone yourself! A *urp* plus!” Starlight complemented.

“Yeah, Brony! I haven’t eaten this much in years.” Peg replied before letting out a loud, masculine-like belch.

“Same here! And here I was, thinking that stone soup was the only food in the world, because that’s the only thing I ever ate in Griffonstone.” Gallus remarked.

“Yona still think yak soup is best but Brony food good too.” Yona added.

“Wow! I gotta give it to you, Brony. Even without a turkey, you could still manage to make me st-URRRRPPP!” After letting out a loud belch, Sandbar blushed as he covered his mouth with his hoof in embarrassment. “Hehe, excuse me!”

“Mmm! Who knew land food could be this delicious!” Silverstream complemented.

“Thank you, everyone. I’m glad y’all enjoyed my food. I don’t know about anyone else, but after that big feast, I’m ready for bed!” Brony said as he patted his big belly, also burping contently.

“Same here, Brony! I don’t think I can move!” Gallus replied.

“I thank you all once again for starting a new tradition for our school. Same time next year?” Starlight added, causing cheers from the others.

“Okay, I’ll take that as an overwhelming yes. Well, good night, everycreature.” Starlight said as she left the dining room, with the others following suit.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment