• Published 29th Sep 2020
  • 947 Views, 10 Comments

Everything Stays - Lil Snowflake



Two Pegasisters go to a BronyCon event and a mysterious portal allows the Mane 6 to come to the event. Shenanigans with ensue.

  • ...
5
 10
 947

Blending In

~Eleanor's POV~

My eyes fluttered open, as the sun's rays shined through the living room window and on to my face. I sat up from my sleeping form and stretched my arms above my head with a long, but quiet yawn. I rubbed my eyes from any dust or crust forming around my eyes and looked out the window. The geese and goslings were enjoying the morning in the lake close to our backyard and enjoying the sunshine.

What a rough night. I dreamed that my sister and I went to a BronyCon Expo in Calgary and the CEO of Hasbro had a surprise for the Brony Community. He revealed some sort of portal machine and it started going haywire, shooting my in the heart with some sort of energy. The portal exploded into millions of pieces and anthro versions of the main 6 characters of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic appeared on the stage. The CEO assigned me and Sam to take care of the Mane 6 until the portal is fixed.

I heard a quiet sigh coming from my feet. I looked and found that Fluttershy was sleeping soundly. Okay, so that wasn't a dream. Things have just gotten interesting around the household, but that's not good. These Ponies should be back in Equestria, where they belong.

My ears perked to the sound of sizzling in the kitchen. I turned and saw Pinkie Pie cooking bacon in a frying pan and humming her 'Smile' song.

I rubbed my left eye, "Pinkie Pie? What are you doing?"

Pinkie stopped humming, as her ears perked at the sound of my voice and she turned to me. She smiled and answered, "Good morning, Nellie. I'm just making breakfast for everypony."

"That's very kind of you, Pinkie." I smiled, "I didn't know you like bacon."

"Actually, I don't. The bacon is for Applejack." Pinkie explained, "A strong mare needs her meat, right?"

"Then... What are you gonna have for breakfast?" I asked in curiosity. Please don't say cupcakes or chocolate.

"Pancakes." Pinkie answered cheerfully.

That answer took me by surprise. Pancakes, huh? Well at least it's not something too sweet. And Pinkie doesn't always go crazy with sugary treats.

"That's not a bad idea, Pinkie." I smiled.

From the other side of the room, Sam shot up awake and alert, "Pancakes? Did someone mention pancakes?"

Pinkie giggled, "I did." Then she asked, "You want some, Sammy?"

Sam smiled, "Yes please, Pinkie."

Pinkie nodded and then looked at me, "Nellie, you want some too?"

I shook my head, "No thanks. I'll just have a cup of herbal tea."

"You drink tea too?" A voice called from the basement.

Sam, Pinkie and I turned and saw Twilight Sparkle, coming up the stairs with one of my books in her hands.

"Herbal tea is a great way to start the day?" Twilight smiled.

I lightly pointed at the book, "Uh... Twilight? Is that my book?"

"Was your bedroom the green one?" She asked. I nodded my head. She smiled sheepishly, "Sorry, Eleanor. I found that your room was full of interesting books, so I thought I'd read a few, so I can get to know this world a bit more."

Sam shook her head, "Twilight. Reading books can only tell you so much. You have to experience the world to learn everything about it."

"Speaking of experience... We're out of milk." Pinkie frowned, as she got out an empty jug of milk from the fridge, "And we need milk, if we're gonna have pancakes!"

I turned to my younger sister, "Why didn't you say we were out of milk, Sam?"

Sam shrugged casually, "I was going to grab some when we were out, yesterday. Guess it slipped my mind when six ponies came to our world and we were charged of taking care of them."

Twilight smiled, "Not to worry. We can grab some today. It'll be a great experience."

"Uh... Twilight, I think you're forgetting one little thing." I spoke up.

"Hm? What's that?" Twilight looked at me inquisitively.

I pointed to myself, then pointed to her horn and muzzle. Twilight tilted her head at me in confusion. Then I pointed to her ears and tail. Twilight raised a brow.

"I think Eleanor is trying to say that we stick out like sore thumbs." Rarity spoke up, as she sat up from the couch, "We maybe humanoid in form, but our pony-like features will make heads turn." She rubbed her temple, "And I'd rather not stand out right now, unlike me as it sounds."

I nodded, "Rarity is right, Twilight. We can't risk you guys being discovered by others right now. There are people out there that would keep you as personal dolls, or worse. You're lucky you're with me and Sam."

"It's a shame we can't look like you and go outside whenever we choose." Rainbow Dash groaned.

A light bulb went off in my head, "Wait! Maybe there is a way! Wait here, I'll be right back."

I walked past Twilight Sparkle, up the stairs to my bedroom and grabbed one of my advanced spellbooks from the second top shelf of my bookcase. I searched through the book and on page 148 was a transformation spell.

Perfect. This will be worth the try.

I took the book, came down the stairs to meet the others, as Fluttershy woke up with a small yawn, gave the book to Twilight, "Here. Page 148."

Twilight raised a brow at me and opened the book to the page I told her. Her eyes widen as she read through the page, "A transformation spell!? I thought you said there was no such thing as magic in this world."

I nodded, "There isn't. But throughout the night, I felt something sparking in the air. So, I thought I'd test a theory. If you can cast this spell and give your friends and yourself human forms, then my theory is correct."

"Where did you get this book?" Twilight asked me.

"I found it in one of the spiritual shops downtown. It wasn't in their stock lists, so they said I could have it, since I could read it." I answered in honesty.

"Why does that surprise you, Twilight?" Rarity asked.

"This is a grimoire from Equestria. It's written in ancient Ponish, and is only found in the Canterlot Library." Twilight answered in shock. She looked at me, "And you can read this?"

"Yes." I answered, rubbing my hands in discomfort and nervousness.

Twilight jumped in excitement, "This is amazing! You have a special gift, Eleanor!" She opened the book one more time, "Let's give it a try."

With that, her eyes scan over the spell and her horn lit up with her signature magical aura. She fired a beam of magic around Sam and I, as if scanning our forms, then did the same to her friends. The ponies floated at least a foot off the ground, as a ribbon of magenta magical energy wrapped itself around each of them.

In a small flash of light, the Ponies began to change into more human forms. Their tails shrunk back into their spines. Their muzzles flattened into a more human face. Twilight and Rarity's horns receded into their foreheads. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash's wings shrunk into their backs. And their hooves soften and grew into plantigrade feet. Once the transformation was complete, there was another flash and the magical ribbon vanished. Standing in front of Sam and I were six human females with familiar familiar hair styles and eye colors.

Sam looked at the six females and asked, "So... How do you guys feel?"

Pinkie Pie, who now has light skin and poofy ginger hair, was the first to response. She grinned widely and hopped into the air with excitement, "This is amazing!!" But, as she landed she lost her footing and almost fell over, "Whoa!"

Luckily, I was able to catch her, before she hit her head upon the edge of the kitchen island, "Careful, Pinkie. You're not walking on hooves at the moment."

Pinkie looked at me and smiled, "Thanks, Nellie." She recollected herself and stood up straight, dusting herself off.

Applejack, who now has tanned skin and blonde hair, looked herself over and raised a brow, "I don't see much of a difference between being human and Pony. But that's my opinion."

"No surprise there, darling. Even in Pony form, you look normal." Rarity replied.

"So... Now what?" Rainbow Dash asked me and Sam.

Sam rubbed her chin in thought, then turned to me with a shrug.

I tapped my chin, "Well, since the spell worked, giving you human forms, which confirms my theory about magic, the next thing you need to fit in is a human alias."

Rainbow Dash gave me a look of disbelief, "A what-now?"

"A human name." Sam simplified, "We can't let you walk around introducing yourselves with your real names. People will think you're Furries or insane."

Twilight Sparkle rubbed her dark-skinned chin in thought, "I guess you have a point, Samantha."

"Sam." Sam corrected with an annoyed look.

"What did you have in mind?" Twilight asked us.

Sam shook her head, "I'm not really the best when it comes to coming up with names." She gestured to me, "Eleanor is the author between us. This is more up her alley."

I looked at each of the humanized Ponies and something clicked in my mind, "I got some ideas. But feedback is the best judge."

I pointed to Fluttershy, "Fluttershy. Your human alias will be 'Fiona Summers'."

Fluttershy smiled, "It's close to my real name. I like it."

I turned to Applejack, "Applejack. Your alias will be 'Abigail Joan Applegate'."

Applejack tapped her chin for a moment, then smiled, "I'll take it."

I looked at Pinkie Pie, "Pinkie Pie. Since your full name is Pinkamena Diane Pie, your human alias with be 'Philomena Diane Piper'. Or 'Phillie Piper' for short."

Pinkie Pie hopped up and down with a big smile on her face, "Yippee! I love it!"

I turned to Twilight, "Twilight Sparkle. I believe 'Tabitha Strong' will suit you."

Twilight nodded in approval, "I like it."

Next, I turned to Rarity, "Rarity. I know you see yourself as the glamour queen of Ponyville, so I believe the alias 'Rhianna Stone' will suit you most."

Rarity looked up slightly, probably reciting the name in her head. After a few seconds, she smiled at me, "I like it. I'll take it."

Lastly, I turned to Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash folded her arms at me. "Rainbow Dash. Your human alias shall be... 'Rebecca Ambrose'."

Rainbow Dash stuck her tongue out in disgust, "Oh, come on! You can't pick a name at least 20% cooler than that? Who would name their kid 'Rebecca'?"

I gave Rainbow Dash a look, "Dash, in our world, Rebecca is a strong name. It's derived from the Hebrew name 'Rivkah', which means 'To bind' or 'Tie'. Your loyalty keeps your friends together. So I thought 'Rebecca' would suit you."

Fluttershy turned to Rainbow Dash and nodded in agreement, "I agree. I think 'Rebecca Ambrose' sounds like you, Rainbow Dash."

Rainbow Dash looked at her best friend and folded her arms with a small pout, "Fine. I'll take it."

Sam smiled, "Wonderful! Now you're ready to go outside and mingle with other people."

I rubbed the back of my head, "Just keep the 'pony-talk' to a minimum, okay?"

Twilight nodded with a smile, "We'll try."