• Published 13th Sep 2020
  • 1,883 Views, 9 Comments

The Book of Knowledge 2 - King Ice



Celestia is facing a new enemy; however, it's not one she even thought she'd see as a villain. Twilight Sparkle has been corrupted, and her only hope is to make her student see the light again.

  • ...
2
 9
 1,883

New Reign

Celestia was thrown on the floor as the two green-eyed ponies stepped back. The princess of the sun was bruised and had several cuts all over her body. She couldn’t even move her left wing, which was broken and stuck in a disturbing angle. However, she still had enough strength in her legs to lift herself up and sit down. Looking around the room; the floor and the walls were made of stone. There wasn’t much inside, and the room was only lit thanks to the stone torches placed a bit everywhere. They allowed her to take a good look at the walls, which were covered with writings in a language she didn’t even know existed.

She didn’t know why this place was built; and how could it have been done so fast… But she did know who she was with. She finally faced forward and looked at what had become of her former student. She was sitting on what seemed to be an altar, for what purpose she did not know. The lavender alicorn’s coat and mane were darkened. Her wings had black feathers at their tips. Their shape was different too, as they were larger than regular wings. However, what troubled Celestia was her former student’s face. Her eyes were completely green while cracks of the same color ran across her face. Her head looked darker than the rest of her body. She could only wonder what that monstrosity had done to the princess of friendship.

She wasn’t surprised to see that damned book warmly kept under Twilight’s right wing. It seemed it never left her side.

“Celestia. I’m happy to see you!” Twilight said cheerfully, her voice didn’t change much… but the tone she used was enough to show the princess of the sun that the pony she knew was gone. She still didn’t want to believe that of course.

“Twilight, what happened to you? Why have you done all of this?” Celestia inquired, wanting to reason with her

“Now that I think about; I didn’t tell you my reasons, did I? My friends don’t know either, but it’s only a matter of time before I catch them and explain everything,” Twilight chuckled as the book she held under her wing suddenly levitated at her side, surrounded by a green glow. “It’s simple. I’m just seeking knowledge,” She answered.

“Knowledge? By harming innocent ponies?! Betraying your friends?! Murderi-” Celestia started in disbelief only to be interrupted.

“Oh, please. You know I’m not a murderer; I didn’t kill anyone. Besides, their consent would have been an obstacle to my objectives. As for my friends… I was simply defending myself, Spike and Starlight tried to take my book,” Twilight replied before rolling her eyes.

“The Twilight I know still wouldn’t have done that. You used some kind of mind control spell; how does it serve your objectives?” Celestia asked as she shook her head, trying to understand what Equestria’s new villain was trying to accomplish. The more the lavender alicorn talked, the more she was certain that the real villain was the book.

“I’m glad you asked! This could be a good learning experience for you! I’ve always liked being a teacher!” Twilight exclaimed cheerfully. “You see, this book is quite special. Every time you read a page, a new one appears; and it never ends. The good part is that it gives information on pretty much everything! I can’t choose myself, though. Luckily, most of it is about spells and magic itself. The one I used on the ponies you saw was similar to Sombra’s. The biggest difference is what I get! Everything the target knows, even the things they forgot, I know it too. All this information is directly copied into my brain. It’s an easy way to get more knowledge. Naturally, without the book’s influence, my mind would collapse because of the overload of information. The mind controlled ponies are harmless; unless I tell them otherwise,” Twilight explained, making Celestia’s eyes go wide.

If a spell like that existed, then she wouldn’t dare think of all dangers hidden in this book!

“Harmless? Luna tried to kill me! Open your eyes, don’t you see that this book is twisting your mind!” Celestia pleaded desperately.

“I admit I didn’t expect that my spell would turn her back into Nightmare Moon, but I will deal with her later,” Twilight replied as she opened her book. “As for the book, twisting my mind, you say? It’s utterly ridiculous. It simply awoke my profound thirst for knowledge. Someone like you wouldn’t understand,” She added as she showed the open pages to Celestia, who didn’t even flinch. She managed to read a few lines, and had to admit she was impressed with what was written on it, but nothing more. “As I thought... The book has no effects on you. I guess you don’t have enough ambition, thus it refused to talk to you,”

“Don’t you think it’s because you are its target? You’re the element of magic, so it wouldn’t be a surprise it has taken an interest in you. It’s obviously Equestria’s new enemy, and I’m sure you could defeat it!” Celestia said as she flinched in pain because of her wounds.

“You know… I had thought of that. The more I read the book, the more I wanted to learn more. You know very well that learning is an addiction for me. However, when I used my new spells against Spike and Starlight; I couldn’t help but doubt my decisions. Fortunately, I was quickly reminded that everything will turn out right in the end,” Twilight explained as she read the book.

“How so?” Celestia raised an eyebrow.

“Firstly, they remained unharmed, and when my objective is complete; they won’t be under my control. I would be so powerful that no one would ever dare attack Equestria again. That means I would probably be worth it. Besides, Starswirl agrees with me,”

“W-What? Starswirl? That’s impossible,” Celestia muttered.

“I showed him the book, and he loved it. He wants more. He’s just like me! Don’t you see it? There is nothing wrong with what I am doing! With the knowledge I’ll have, not only will I be able to make the largest library in the universe; I’ll also discover new ways to improve ponies’ lives! I know our race can accomplish so much more!” Twilight replied as she closed the book. “Let me take your knowledge, then I’ll free you. You can stay by my side, just like my friends will, whether they want it or not. All you have to do is open your mind,”

“So you think this is good for all of ponykind?” Celestia inquired as Twilight nodded, her face looking scarier than ever. “Are those lies you tell yourself so you can feel good? Or is it the book? Is it manipulating you? Because no matter the reason, I simply can’t forgive you doing to ponies who never had a say in this!” Celestia exclaimed as she rose to her feet, albeit with difficulty.

“Shut it, you hypocrite!” Twilight snapped as she stomped the floor. “I told you already! It spoke to me! Like a friend! It revealed my true nature! Don’t try to give me lessons; you’re not my teacher anymore! Besides, you’re in no position to tell me that. How many decisions concerning me did you take without my consent?! Or anyone’s for that matter?!” Twilight asked as her book glowed.

“What do you mean?” Celestia replied, only to be blasted by a green beam of magic. Several waves of electricity ran through her entire body, making her scream in agony. However, there were no new wounds. As if the spell was only meant to hurt, not to kill or harm physically.

“Did you think I would be happy to be an alicorn?! Live forever and lose everyone I ever cared about with no hope of joining them?!” Twilight screamed as she blasted Celestia with the same spell. “Did you think I was happy doing your dirty work and putting my friends’ lives in danger?!” She added as she shot her again. The taller alicorn could only endure the agonizing pain.

“I-I’m sorry… I didn’t know you felt that way…” Celestia breathed heavily as Twilight stopped her attacks to listen to her. “But… this is not you,” She added while trying to get up again.

“I see,” Twilight sighed. “Then, let me put it a way you will understand,” She said as several green flames suddenly burst out of the floor all around the room.

“It’s a dream I had since I was a foal
To learn and know it all
It’s something you don’t understand
Because it was a power you feared and couldn’t stand”

Twilight stepped down the altar and walked closer to her former teacher as she sang.

“I am different, magic is my talent
I know everything I need to, for my mind is brilliant
Be it dark or light, flesh or mind
I master them all like no one of my kind”

She sang as the room’s walls suddenly moved, making Celestia fall on her knees. When the room stopped changing; the princess of the sun finally saw what was behind them. Several mind controlled ponies were restraining non-controlled ones.

“I may be corrupted, I may enjoy this power
But all of it is for a knowledge that makes you cower
It revealed me the truth
There is no good or evil
With the access to all magic, I’m at a new level
I do not care about the consequences
As long as I get my wish at your expenses”

Twilight raised a mare’s head with her wing by lifting her chin; then shot a beam of magic at her. The mare seemed like shaking in pain as green cracks appeared on her body. Soon enough, her eyes changed too.

“Our nature is to find meaning
To the things we can’t comprehend
For some pony like me, it is appealing
I don’t need anything else, and surely not a friend
You are an immortal princess
But I became a fearless goddess

I am different, magic is my talent
I know everything I need to, for my mind is brilliant
Be it dark or light, blood or mind
I master them all like nopony of my kind

You trusted me and made me an alicorn
However, I still hadn’t learnt what I wanted
I took what I rightfully deserved, thus I am now reborn
Isn’t this what you’ve always wished
Of course not, me surpassing you is what you’ve always feared”

Twilight smiled warmly at her former mentor, who could only look into her eyes with despair and sadness. The lavender alicorn patted her head while chuckling.

“Now it is too late to stop
My time has come
As the ruler of magic
And holder of infinite knowledge

I have no interest in stealing your love or your magic
All I wish is the knowledge you possess
For you it would certainly be tragic
But I would feel like a goddess in a golden dress

Now I can say I have opened my eyes
This is the real me
A mare powerful and wise
It’s time to put an end to your reign”

She laughed as all the ponies in the room were blasted by magic, turning them all into mindless puppets. Celestia bowed her head, apologizing for being unable to save them.

“So good! I can feel all of their memories entering inside me! I bet your knowledge tastes better than anyone else’s!” Twilight exclaimed as she licked her lips. She lit her horns, and chains made of magic suddenly shackled Celestia to the floor.

“Please, Twilight… you’re better than this…” Celestia said through her horrible pain. “Even if your friends don’t stop you; Discord will,” She added, but the first reply she got was a snicker.

“Discord? That buffoon? What is he going to do? Probably make the situation worse! No matter; I will take care of him too. I already know a way to defeat him,” Twilight retorted as she lifted Celestia’s head with her hoof. “Now close your eyes and relax. My spell shouldn’t hurt you… much. When you wake up; the world will be at my feet,” She added as a green glow erupted from her horn and collided with Celestia’s body.

The princess of the sun struggled the most she could while sparks surrounded. The more she tried to keep Twilight out of her mind, the more the shackles hurt her. Suddenly all her memories, her entire life, flashed before her eyes. Everything she learned throughout the years was being reminded of her as she felt like someone was tearing apart her mind. All her past failures and mistakes came back to her like a mountain crushing her. Soon enough, her vision got all blurry. So much that she was unable to see her former student’s face anymore. There was only a green light and the sound of thunder. Pain greater than the one before travelled through her body. Then… everything went silent.

There was no pain anymore, no light or sound of any kind. Only complete darkness. Opening or closing her eyes didn’t change anything. As far as she could see; she was floating in an endless void.

Author's Note:

Twilight's own villain song! Done by me. I'm not very good at these kinds of things, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless!

Comments ( 9 )

Musical numbers in text

Nice sequel! Hoping for part 3

So, Spike and Starlight are just minions now? Or they've been cast into an eternal void?

It's so saddening to see Twilight fall so far.

10488906
Yes, their minds are trapped in endless darkness while their bodies are controlled. Although Twilight can bring them back anytime

10489386
Poor Spike and Starlight

10489386
So is it truly the book that's corrupting her or has she decided to do this all on her own?

10489661
It's a bit of both. The book actually manipulates ponies/people by reinforcing one of their character traits to their extreme. For Twilight, it was her love for learning. Her other character traits are still there (for example, she still wants to keep her friends, even if she had to use the force to do it), but they're overshadowed by the main one.

Smells like Tzeentch.

Login or register to comment