• Published 12th Sep 2020
  • 1,230 Views, 28 Comments

Five Score: Returning To Class - Eevee932



A group of friends discover something that they never knew before about themselves

  • ...
6
 28
 1,230

Chapter Four: An Unexpected Development

“Hold on a moment, when did this start for the both of you?” I ask confused as I took off my hat revealing the state of my head to the two of them

“Well, for Jenna it started about this morning and for me I don't really remember but it was sometime around this afternoon.”

”Strange... It seemed to start around the afternoon for us too, but how did Jenna’s changes start this morning instead of this afternoon.” I asked confused

“It was because of this.” Jenna said before showing both me and Matt a picture she took that morning.

It was a picture of her thigh and on it was a strange image. We didn’t really recognize the image until it hit me, it was the cutie mark of Starlight Glimmer.

“Wait! That’s Starlight’s cutie mark.” I exclaimed once I recognized the image

“Hold on a minute. A cutie mark? As in those butt marks from My Little Pony?” Jenna asked

“Yes, the same ones. You don’t really need to call them butt marks.” Matt said “That reminds me, both me and Sam saw some people talk about having cutie marks online earlier today. It’s honestly really strange and we still have no clue on why and how this is happening. For all we know we’re not the only ones experiencing this.”

“Strange, have you been able to talk to any of them? Hopefully, there’s an explanation for all of this.” Ben asked, confused. “What if this is some kind of new virus that’s spreading around?”

“Nah, it can’t be a virus, we’ve checked. If it was, it probably would have been all over the news, besides what kind of virus gives people the features of MLP characters? In terms of contacting the people, we’ve only talked to one and they’re just as clueless as us, but they did say that they would message us if anything else happened to them.”

“Interesting, what if we checked the news? What if there’s something on there?”

Matt sighed “I don’t think that we're going to get any new info from there but we can give it a shot.”

I yawned as I said “Y’all go do that.” I get up from the couch before stretching “I’m going to lie down for a while, and I think I need some time to myself.”

“The sun isn’t even down yet! It’s only like 5.” Matt told me

“Yeah, I know. I’m just tired from today. I’ll just take a quick nap and I’ll be right back out.”

He sighed “Well, all right. If you need anything, don’t hesitate to ask.”

I walk from the living room into my bedroom before collapsing into my bed. Maybe this is all just some kind of strange dream and I’ll just wake up soon. I look at the Smolder plush that Matt got me yesterday before I soon pass out.

Equestria

Discord began to charge towards Starlight while she continues to charge her spell. Before Discord could get a hit against Starlight, Yona tackled him causing him to fall over.

"Ugh! Why you!" Discord says before sweeping Yona into a nearby tree with his tail.

Me and Garble then quickly spewed fire onto him. Everyone then helped us by attacking him until he was down on his knees.

Something felt wrong about this. He isn’t supposed to go down this easy! Something tells me this isn’t going to go our way.

“Ugh...” Discord said weakly “I forgot how troublesome it can be fighting non-ponies, but no matter I’ll be the end of all of you before you know it!” Discord shouted

Discord quickly out of nowhere got the upper hand but before he could do anything he was frozen in place by Starlight

“All of you! Go out and find some help or shelter while you have time!” She exclaimed as she struggled to keep him in place.

"What about you?" I ask worried for her well being

"Don't worry about me! Just go!"

Everyone proceeded to scatter leaving only the four of us "She's right sis. We better get help while we still can." Garble tells me before spreading his wings and flying away from the chaos, I soon quickly joined him.

I look back at Starlight as I began to follow my brother. But, When I looked back for a second time, she was gone and Discord was now hunting us down.

May 2nd

I woke up in what felt like a cold sweat, before looking at my clock. It was around 11:30. It was almost midnight

How long was I asleep for? Shit! The other must be wondering what the hell I’m doing if they're not asleep by now.

I quickly got out of bed and stretched a bit. Something about me just felt off, like something about me was different. What was it? Was it my tail or something?

Wait...Tail? I quickly go into a mirror to confirm it. I have a tail that just made a hole in my pants. Great, I honestly don’t know how to react, if this would have happened a few weeks ago I would have been excited and I still am, but I’m just as confused.

There’s also some major changes besides the tail. For one, my hair is just fully gone and in its place are those fully grown scales. Well, at least I’m not bald, but still…

My ears are also gone and are replaced by those...horns? I never really knew what they were in the show and I’m not really going to find out now.

Looking at myself now in comparison to me earlier, I just look bizarre and I don’t know what the others could look like now. The idea just worried me… But, I better get out and see them.

I slowly walked out of the room and back into the living room, aside from Matt, everyone seemed to be asleep and just like me their changes seemed to continue too. It was odd to see Ben in the same state as I was, then again it was also funny to see Matt and Jenna with those funny pony manes.

“Hey, looks like someone is up.” Matt said as he looked over at me

“Yeah, I know. Why did nobody wake me up?”

“I don’t know. I guess nobody bothered to. Besides, I see you’ve discovered your new changes. Are you enjoying your new tail?”

“I didn’t think that I was going to get a tail!”

“Hey, you're not the only one. We all got tails now.” Hesaid as he stood up revealing his new light bluish tail. “I’ve also been talking to that twitter guy, and he’s been getting the same changes.”

“Besides, did y’all manage to find anything new while I was asleep or did y’all find nothing?”

“Nope, Ben thought that the news would have anything but there was nothing.”

“Ugh.... Ben can you stop laying on me like that..? I swear my horn is going to poke one of your eyes out...” Jenna said groggily while Ben repositioned himself

“Wait a second....horn? Last I checked, she didn’t have a horn.” I asked

“Same here.” Matt got up from the couch and shook her awake “Jenna, why did you say you had a horn?”

She rubbed her eyes as she slowly got up “I don’t really know, I guess it just happened to come out of my mouth. I don’t even know if I have one...” She said as she ran her hand through her new hair turned mane “..I guess until now.” She said as she showed us a small purple horn that was growing from the top of her head

“Damn. Wait, if she has a horn.... Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” I ask looking at Matt

“Oh, I know..” He said with a smile as the two of us turn to Jenna

“What are y’all thinking of..?” She asked confused until she realized what we were thinking “Wait... Don’t tell me, y’all think I can cast magic with this horn right? Magic isn’t real, remember?”

“Well, turning into characters from a cartoon about magical ponies can't happen, yet here we are. We can give it a shot. Besides,it’s worth trying. You never know.” Matt said before heading into the kitchen “I’ll be right back.”

“Fine, I’ll try to do some magic but I don’t believe that it will work.” Jenna said begrudgingly as she crossed her arms

Matt soon returned with an empty soda can in his hand. “Let's try to do something simple, that way it will be easy.” He set it down by a nearby table “Now I’m not an expert on magic and stuff like that, but I think you're supposed to concentrate on the item you want to pick up and then it’ll happen. Let’s try to do that.”

“Fine, but I don’t expect anything to happen besides giving me a headache.” She said as she closed her eye

She had her thoughts on the empty can as she imagined picking it up. For about a minute, it seemed like nothing was happening as she continued to concentrate on the object. That was until a few sparks came out of her small horn and then suddenly both the can and her horn was covered in a light turquoise aura before the can was lifted into the air.

We all looked at the now floating can in shock. She opened her eyes as she saw the can floating in mid air. The can and the horn quickly lost the aura before the can fell onto the floor with a clatter. We looked at the can, now sitting on the floor and then back at her.

“I-I never expected that to happen.” She said, still shocked at what she had just accomplished

I patted Jenna on the back “Hey congrats Jenna, to our knowledge you're the first ever being on Earth to cast magic.” I told her with a smile on my face

Author's Note:

Sorry that this chapter took so long to make!

I had to do a lot of stuff that kept me from working on this and that includes finishing school.

I'm hopeful that I can start updating this story on a bi-weekly schedule but it may not happen, we'll see.

Like always, tips and criticism would be nice.

Comments ( 3 )

“Congrats Jenna, to our knowledge your the first ever being on Earth to cast magic.”

You mean 'you're', as in 'you are'; not 'your' as in 'it's yours' or 'your horn', as in it belonging to you.

Believe me, it took me a long time to not use the wrong one and to get it right instinctively.

Magic!
Sorry it took me so long to get around to reading this.

Biweekly

Yeah... I know how that goes too. :twilightblush:

I'm curious what kind of adventure they're going to end up going on! Probably going to track down these twitter ponies? Safety in numbers and incidentally getting the group back together!

Looking forward to Smolder going through more dragon changes!

Really hope this gets updated- seems promising!

Login or register to comment