• Published 29th Sep 2020
  • 655 Views, 9 Comments

Playtime - Northguard

  • ...
 9
 655

Agatha

The thunder boomed as the rain hammered against the roads without mercy. The sky was dark gray even though it was still morning. The students of Canterlot High could only sigh in relief that Principal Celestia and Vise-principal Luna had decided to make the day indoors only until storm was over.
When the school day was halfway through the main entrance door opened to reveal an eight or so year old girl standing outside. She was soaking wet, making it obvious that she had been out in the rain for some time. She was wearing a black dress that was slightly torn at the bottom and a white undershirt. She was walking barefoot, evidenced by her dirty feet, and she was holding a monkey plush in her arms. She slowly walked into the school with a slight limp every now and then. Some students immediately ran away due to the horror like setting while others looked at her with confused looks. The girl walked through the main hallway until she finally stopped and sat down against the wall while clutching onto her plush.

The news of the girl spread like fire in dry grass and only a few minutes after she arrived the news had been spread all over the school.
Principal Celestia eventually caught on to it and found the little girl now lying down on the floor. When she leaned down the girl immediately shot up in a seated position and shielded herself with her arms.

"Can someone fetch a towel please?!" Celestia asked out loud and only a few minutes later Lighting Dust came up to her with a towel.

Celestia put the towel around the little girl and (with some difficulty) lifted her up in her arms and carried her to her office. Although the girl initially struggled to break free, she eventually accepted the kind treatment and not long after that she fell asleep.

When Celestia stepped into her office the girl was awoken by the gasp Luna let out.

"Tia, what happened?"

"I found her lying in main hallway. I don't know who she is or where she came from. She was cold and scared." Celestia said as she put the girl down.

The girl shot up and crawled over to a corner where she curled up into a ball.

"Hey, there is no reason to be afraid. We won't hurt you." Celestia spoke in a soft tone.

The girl looked at them through her arms with a scared look.

"You are not bad people?" she asked.

"No, of course not. What makes you say that?" Celestia said.

"Because they are after me." the girl answered.

"W-what kind of bad people are they?" Celestia asked now with worry in her voice.

At that the girl made a gun gesture with her hand and put it up to her temple and then pointing it at Celestia. This struck worry into Celestia very quickly.

"Oh dear. Did you do something wrong?" Celestia asked.

"Bad things happen to those who are mean to me. The old bully at my school was sent to what they said was called a 'mental hospital' a few days after he pushed me into a mud puddle." the girl said with a sniff.

"How is that your fault?" Celestia asked now at the verge of slight panic.

"Because it has happened too often to those around me. I couldn't count them anymore after it came to fifteen." the girl answered.

Celestia's breathing began to quicken as she tried to think of something to change the topic.

"Oh, how rude of me. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Celestia and this is my sister, Luna. What's your name?" Celestia said as she got her breathing under control again.

The girl began to uncurl herself and she now sat more normally.

"Agatha...." the girl whispered loud enough for Celestia to hear.

"That's a beautiful name." Celestia said as a new question came into her head. "Where's your parents?" she asked.

"They're.....gone..." Agatha answered with a sniff.

"Oh God. Do you have any relatives?" Celestia asked hopefully.

"No..." Agatha answered while shaking her head.

"Oh you poor thing." Celestia said as panic began to take a hold of her heart. "What should we do Luna?" she asked her younger sister.

Luna searched her brain for anything and came with one thing that could ease the tension.

"Do you have any friends?" she asked hopefully, but the hope died when Agatha answered.

"Everyone was afraid of me. I don't have anyone, except Mr. Monkey." she said and held out her monkey plushie.

Celestia and Luna shared a look before Celestia turned back to Agatha.

"Excuse me for a moment. I need to talk to my sister." she explained as she stood up and walked to the other side of the room with Luna.

"What are we gonna do? We can't leave her like this." Celestia whispered.

"We need to get her a place to stay, but we can't take her in. We need to come up with something else." Luna whispered back.

The two sisters stood there for a few minutes trying to come up with something. All they thought of so far was turned down and they had to be careful with their choice. Suddenly Celestia's face lit up.

"I know exactly what to do." she said as she walked to her desk and turned on the microphone that was connected to the school's speakers.

"Can Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo come to my office as soon as possible? I have a job for you." she said and turned off the microphone.

"Wh-What did you do?" Agatha asked shivering.

"I found someone who could take care of you. Don't worry they're friendly to everyone." Celestia explained with a warm smile and for once Agatha smiled back.

A few moments later a few knocks came from the office door.

"Come in." Celestia said loud enough so whoever was at the door could hear her.

The door opened and three girls that were about Agatha's age stepped inside.

"You wanted to see us?" Apple Bloom asked as she noticed Agatha sitting on a chair in front of the desk.

"Yes. Girls, this is Agatha and she is alone. We were wondering if you could take her under your wing." Celestia explained.

The three girls formed a discussion circle and their muffled whispers went on for a few moments before they turned back to the Principal.

"We'll gladly take her in, but where does she live?" Scootaloo said.

"She doesn't have a home. When I said alone I meant it quite literally." Celestia explained.

The three girls blinked a few times before again forming a discussion circle and a few moments later they had agreed on an answer.

"She can stay with me. We have an extra room back at tha farm if I remember correctly." Apple Bloom answered.

"Good. Now since Agatha is new here and she can't just go to class without being enrolled I suggest you four use the day to do whatever you want. Be it activities, reading or just walking around the school." Celestia said with a smile.

The three girls jumped with joy and shouted in excitement before they began making their way to the door.

"Come on Agatha! We'll show around the school!" an excited Sweetie Belle said while slightly jumping up and down.

Agatha was hesitant as she slowly stood up from her seat and carefully walked over to the group.

"Don't worry. We don't bite." Scootaloo joked, receiving a slap on the back of her head from Apple Bloom.

"What she meant to say is that you have nothing to fear." Apple Bloom clarified. "Here take my hand." she said and stretched out her arm.

Agatha slowly walked up to them and carefully reached Apple Bloom's hand. When she had taken a hold of it she pulled the girl into a hug.

"Thank you." she said as her eyes began to fill with tears.

Comments ( 9 )

Well. This is a new one...

HOLY CRAP! Is that Dark Deception?! YES, I hope the other Nightmare Monsters show up.

10457528
Don't worry. I have lots of plans for those (evil chuckle).

10457546
It sucks we have to wait for Chapter Four for a LONG TIME. I really like to Face off the Reaper Nurses, Joy Joy Gang, Mama Bear and her kids.

10457558
It will be out between October and December. So it's no long wait anymore. I'm really exited to see Torment Therapy and seeing Tara Strong (aka Twilight Sparkle) as the reaper nurses.

10457588
“It therapeutic to spend time with your friends. So why are you running? I just wanna help you, like a good friend.”

"We need to get her a place to stay, but we can't take her in. We need to come up with something else." Luna whispered back.

Probably because they’re not responsible enough.

Agatha slowly walked up to them and carefully reached Apple Bloom's hand. When she had taken a hold of it she pulled the girl into a hug.

Agatha pulled apple loom into a hug?

Also, who’s Agatha?

10462767
A character from the game Dark Deception.

I can't wait to see their reaction to Agatha's adopted father.

Login or register to comment