• Published 11th Jul 2020
  • 1,020 Views, 10 Comments

"Luster, What Device Is This?" - Twilight Star



In a reading session with her student, Twilight has been feeling curious and wanting to know what the device Luster is using works like. Could this be the beginning of a new generation?

  • ...
11
 10
 1,020

Princess Twilight Discover the iPhone

Twilight was in her room without the gold crown and perk. The reason she was without the perk and the crown was as much as she was now the ruler of Equestria, she still thought of herself as a normal pony like any other. The color of the wall was purple, the closet was pink and the floor was golden. She was sitting on top of her blanket, waiting for Luster Dawn. Twilight was excited to read books with her student, and she had already taken several books. The books she was going to read were stacked, just to the left of her.

I wonder what books Luster has brought to read with me. Will it have brought non-fiction? Or was it fiction?

Suddenly, she heard footsteps, and looked at the door with a smile. The door opened, revealing Luster who bowed and had a white backpack with a sun rising on her back. “Am I late for our reading session, Princess Twilight?”

“Imagine, my student, you were ten minutes early,” Twilight replied with a smile.

Luster smiled at the response as she stood up and closed the door with magic before approaching Twilight. “I can’t wait to read with you, Princess.”

“Me too, Luster,” Twilight watched Luster put the backpack on her bed and sit down. Twilight hugged Luster with her wing, turned to the pile of books and took a book from the pile with her magic. When she turned and placed her book on the bed, she saw Luster take a strange device from her backpack. Twilight raised an eyebrow. What was that?

Luster placed the device on top of the blanket, touched the screen, which it soon unlocked. Twilight was surprised by how much it had on the screen: it had several squares, but what most caught her attention was the one with a blue compass design. She saw Luster click on it and a strange page was revealed with several images of her, their friends and even the former royal sisters. Luster clicked on the first one on the left side, the page loaded, Luster read what was written next to the image before lowering the screen down with a large square written: Chapter One. Luster clicked on the word, loaded the page, placed both front hooves on the cheeks and started reading what was written.

Twilight was speechless and gaping at what she just saw. What was that? She had to know and understand what it was!

“Luster,” said Twilight as she nudged Luster lightly with a hoof.

Luster stopped reading and looked at Twilight. “Yes, Princess?”

“Luster, I saw you take this strange device out of your backpack and touch it with a hoof,” began Twilight.

“Yes Princess. But what do you mean by that?” asked Luster, now confused by why her mentor said that.

“It’s just that I wanted to know what you have.” Twilight explained, now with a raised hoof.

“This is an IPhone, Princess.”

Twilight was even more confused. “An IPhone? But what is an IPhone?”

“It’s a device where you can listen to music, download and play games, connect and chat with friends, watch videos and even surf the internet.” Luster explained.

“What is the internet?” asked Twilight.

“The Internet is where you can do a lot of things: research things, play games and go to websites.”

“And where are you at is a website?”

“Yes, Princess.”

Twilight was curious. Which site would Luster be on? “Do you mind telling me what website you are on?”

“I’m on a website where you can read stories made by other users, princesses.”

Twilight gaped at the answer. Site where you could read stories? And were they stories made by other users?

“And not only that, you can also create stories,” Luster ended her sentence in an animated tone. “I even registered on this site to write my own stories!” she clapped her hands excitedly.

Twilight was recovering from the shock. “Did you register? But how many stories have you done?”

“Well ... I did ... exactly ... like fifty stories.” Luster confessed.

“What? Did you make fifty stories? But how did you get do so many stories in such a short time?” Twilight needed to know.

“Princess, on my recent birthday, I was getting a Starlight and Sunburst IPhone, and as I loved to read, I decided to look on a website where I could read. And I found this website, where I can not only read, but I can also write and publish my own stories.” Luster explained.

Twilight raised an eyebrow again. “And what is the name of this website?”

“Why, Fimfiction!” Luster announced excitedly. “You don’t have an account on that site, do you?”

“No, I don’t have an account,” Twilight replied.

“Do you plan to make an account on this site to read?”

“Luster, I don’t even have an iPhone like you.” Twilight punctuated with a smile as she stroked Luster’s mane. “These new technologies have just emerged. Before I have one like you, I want to understand how they work.”

“Understand? But didn’t you have an iPhone in your generation?” asked Luster now in surprise.

“No, Luster. In my generation, I didn’t have any cell phones,” Twilight replied.

“But how did you talk to somepony at a distance without being on a cell phone?”

“Through letters.”

“Letters?”

“Yes, Luster. Through letters.”

Luster started to wonder about something. If it didn’t have a cell phone before, what did Twilight do in her spare time?

“How did you spend your free time?” she asked.

“I spent most of my time reading books or spending time with my best friends,” Twilight replied.

“Are you talking about reading hardback books and talking to friends in person?” asked Luster carefully while standing up a hoof.

Twilight nodded as she smiled. “That’s right, Luster. I read hardcover books and talked to friends in person. I even had a library as a home, but it was soon destroyed by Lord Tirek, but after defeating it with my friends I got a crystal castle, only when I started to rule Equestria I abandoned it.”

“But when you started to govern Equestria, did you never notice the evolution of technology?” asked Luster.

“No, Luster. When I started to reign, I never noticed how technology advanced and how I was now a new generation during my reign because I was always in the castle and could never go to Ponyville to see what changed,” Twilight replied, but a doubt began to arise. “Luster, I have a question to ask.”

“You can ask, Princess. I’m listening,” said Luster intently.

“Do you know what you can do with your phone besides researching things, watching videos, playing games and going to websites?” asked Twilight.

“Well, you can only do this on the internet, but on your cell phone you can send a message or face to face, but only from a distance; you can also take pictures, access social networks and download games.”

Twilight smiled at the possibilities of having a cell phone. Whatever pony or creature that invented the internet and cell phones in Equestria, made Equestria evolve well. Twilight even intended one day to go after this pony or creature to thank him.

“And Princess, in case you ever decide to have a cell phone and are unsure how to use it or want to know what it is and how it works something you didn’t have in your generation, you can always call me to help you. I may just be a student under your tutelage, but that doesn’t mean that I won’t be able to help you fit in with this new generation,” said Luster with a smile.

Twilight couldn’t help but smile at what Luster just said to her. Luster just said she would help her get used to this new generation.

“Thank you Luster, for wanting to help me. It means a lot to me.” Twilight thanked Luster with a smile as she put a front hoof on Luster.

“You’re welcome, Princess Twilight. But is it okay if we can get back to our reading session?” asked Luster.

“Sure, my dear student,” said Twilight as she took off the hoof around her student.

With a smile, Luster looked at her cell phone and put the hooves on her cheeks to go back to read. Twilight just watched Luster with a smile before open her book with her magic and begin to read too.

Comments ( 10 )

You'd think that after she went to the human world (EQG), she knows what a smartphone is like

Twilight was in her room without the gold crown and perk. The reason she was without the perk and the crown was as much as she was now the ruler of Equestria, she still thought of herself as a normal pony like any other. The color of the wall was purple, the closet was pink and the floor was golden. She was sitting on top of her purple blanket with pink six-pointed stars, waiting for Luster Dawn. The color of the wall was purple, the closet was pink and the floor was lavender. Today, she had called Luster for a reading session with her in her room. Twilight was excited to read books with her student, she had already taken several books for her to read and now she was just waiting for Luster. The books she was going to read were stacked, just to the left of her.

Looks like you repeated the same thing twice except what the floor's color was, which you got as both golden and lavender

10327250
I'm sorry about the repetition of words at the beginning, but I just corrected

I'm assuming Luster is the equivalent of a millennial or Gen Z and Twilight is either Gen X or a boomer?

10329502

So is Luster Gen Z or millennial and is Twi Gen X or a boomer?

Makes me wonder how the Royal Sisters handle these new phones.
Luna would most likely be curious indeed. Now just imagining she's just going wild with all the new modern stuff mixed with the olde in a way, gaming and cellpones and such.

You can also look up yourself, Princess, and see how everycreature really thinks about you.

“I’m on a website where you can read stories made by other users, princesses.”

META

Login or register to comment