• Published 18th Dec 2011
  • 2,360 Views, 6 Comments

Fluttershy in Wonderland - LCranston



Fluttershy has some very interesting dreams

  • ...
1
 6
 2,360

Chapter 5 - Soaring Heart

Fluttershy shot up in her bed, sweat dripping off her face. The sun was just coming up over the eastern horizon.

Suddenly, she remembered the entire dream. She flew out of bed and downstairs.

Knocking loudly on the wall in the living room, she called out, “Angel?! Angel are you home?”

After a moment, the bunny stomped out of the hold, rubbing his sleepy eyes.

Fluttershy grabbed the surprised bunny and hugged him powerfully. She cried to herself, “Oh, thank you, thank you! I was so worried that you were gone! I had a bad dream about you running away and I almost got my head chopped off getting you back!”

The bunny growled a complaint about being woken up too early and crushed by a sweaty mare talking nonsense.

The yellow pegasus proclaimed, “With my darling bunny as my witness, things are going to be different from now on!”

Angel wondered what the odds were of find a new owner who catered to him just as well with less sweaty hugs.

Later that day, around lunchtime, Twilight was talking to Moonlight Verse in her library. They were going over several pages of Moonlight Verse’s poetry in preparation for his recital that evening.

Twilight conjectured, “I suggest you recite the poem about the balloon race at this point, followed by the one about the mother’s sacrifice. That leads the audience in a general upward trend.”

The stallion countered with, “But then all that’s left is the one about facing the darkness. I don’t think the audience would understand the astronomical implications of such an arrangement. I think we should start with facing the darkness and then the mother’s sacrifice. That has the trend of the time-order of life instead. That’s more relatable.”

The purple unicorn objected, “The poem about mother is about loss of one for the profit of another. Not everypony lost their mother at birth. I don’t think that’s such a positive way to grab the audience.”

Moonlight softly said, “That’s how my life started.”

Twilight patted him on the shoulder and said, “I know. I’m just saying that if you want to relate to the audience then you should choose a theme that they are familiar with. Very few have the same experiences you had.”

A knocking on the library door was preceded by Rarity opening the door and trotting inside. She flaunted her new hat, which was a short, wide-brimmed hat of purple felt and a gauzy blue veil. A single black feather graced the front band in a sideways position.

She called to the library in general, “I’m heeeeeeere! I just had to give you both a sneak peek of my beautiful new hat before the recital tonight. Be honest now, just how ravishing and mysterious is it?”

Moonlight and Twilight both snickered at the unicorn’s antics.

Twilight mumbled, “It’s…very nice, Rarity. I’m sure everypony will like it.”

Shocked, Rarity pouted, “Like it? ‘Like’ it?! My dear, a hat is not something to be ‘liked’. It is either loved or hated! Do I need to throw this away and start again?”

Moonlight came to her rescue by saying in an exaggerated Canterlot accent, “My dear, it is simply smashing! It is so dark and inviting that everypony is going to want to know ‘who is that mare?’ I think it will bring a sense of intensity and intrigue to my recital. You simply must sit up front so everypony can see you!”

Rarity practically sang with delight at the praise. She slid over to nuzzle the stallion for the compliment.

She stated imperiously, “Why, thank you, sir. Twilight has exquisite taste in friends. I guess we shall have to decide to keep you.”

Twilight and Moonlight chuckled, smiles on their faces.

A familiar yellow pegasus emerged from the open doorway, her head held up high. She trotted in a sassy way right up to Moonlight Verse.

She looked him directly in the eye and said, “Hi, I’m Fluttershy. I’m sorry I was a little rude yesterday. I was…kinda sick. I’m much better now. Welcome to Ponyville.”

Moonlight looked into her blue eyes and stepped closer to her. His smile widened and he said, “Oh, that’s all right. You should have just said so. Do you like poetry?”

Twilight and Rarity quietly back off, surprised at the forwardness of their friend.

Fluttershy answered, “I do. In fact, if you have some time before the recital, I’d like you to have lunch with me. Please say ‘yes’.”

The stallion’s heartbeat caught in his throat and he said, “Uh…um, yes! I love to have lunch with you. How about right now? I hear there’s a great deli just down the street.”

The yellow pegasus turned around to stand very close to the stallion. She said, “Okay. I could really go for a foot-long daisy and rose sub with dressing. What’s your favorite sandwich?”

Moonlight thought for a moment and said, “I’m not much for actual sandwiches, but I could go for a toasted daffodil bagel with raisins.”

As the pair walked together towards the door, Fluttershy could be heard saying, “Mmmmm! That sounds nice. Maybe I’ll try that next time. If you’re still in Ponyville tomorrow, you should stop by my cottage for tea and meet all my animals. I’m sure you and Angel will get along famously.”

Rarity backed off a little more, recognizing an intimate moment when she saw one. However, her flank bumped the table in the center of the main room of the library. The vase placed in the middle knocked over and then rolled off the table. When the vase fell to the floor it broke with a crash.

Instantly, Fluttershy lost her composure and jumped into Moonlight Verse’s hooves. She squealed in surprise and hugged the stallion tightly for protection.

The stallion smiled gently and said, “It was just a broken vase.”

The yellow pegasus looked up into his deep blue eyes and blushed furiously. She whispered, “Sorry, it kinda…startled me.”

Moonlight said, “I understand.” He gently set her on the ground and leaned against her as they walked together out of the library door and towards the deli. The pair had smiles on their faces that could light up the night sky.

Twilight and Rarity stared after the pair of ponies. Their jaws hung open freely for a solid minute. After remembering to close their mouth out of manners, they looked at each other in gleeful confusion.

Twilight smiled, “What has gotten into her?”

Rarity grinned a knowing grin and replied, “I’m sure I don’t know, but I hope she keeps it. This might be good for her.”


THE END

Comments ( 4 )

Suddenly, five chapters.

I always write the entire story all at once. I post it the same way. :eeyup:

It prevents me from writing a few chapters and then losing momentum, leaving an unfinished story.

I always hated it when an author starts a great story, but then never finishes it because they lost the inspiration. :twilightangry2::raritydespair::applecry:

74482

Oops. Thanks for the tip. No matter how many times a story gets proofread, something always slips through. :twilightblush:

Sorry that I never got to mention this, but I really did love this story from beginning to end.

It was odd seeing rap section with the Cutie Mark Crusaders, but I think it works with the story. Fluttershy's reaction to them was pretty funny! As well as when she joins them in the singing.

I am interested in Moonlight Verse. He seems to be quite the character. Especially for his date with Fluttershy at the end.

Login or register to comment