• Published 5th Apr 2020
  • 324 Views, 19 Comments

Best Friends for Life - SuperWriter2329



Two best friends. One story about one of them being a secret agent. What could possibly go wrong? Well, a number of things actually. And one of the answers will not please you.

  • ...
3
 19
 324

Epilogue: The Great Wedding

Another long week has passed. Today was the day that agents F and G came by to pick Bon Bon up for the process of her relocation.

For safe keeping, the Mane Six have decided to be there, alongside the cousin guards, Diorite and Chert, and the true culprit of the crime, Amethyst Star, who was currently tied up with ropes and an inhibitor ring placed on her horn.

However, Bon Bon was still unable to stand still due to her fellow agents coming back after five long and exhausting weeks of tracking and containing Amethyst. Well, except when Lyra threw her girlfriend a birthday party, which was still the best party that Pinkie Pie had ever thrown in her life.

Lyra saw the anxious look on her girlfriend's face and said, "Bonnie, please. You're gonna make a hole in the carpet if you keep pacing back and forth like that."

"I know that, but I can't help it! I'm scared, Lyra," Bon Bon admitted.

"It's okay, Bon Bon. Amethyst is caught, so there's nothing to worry about."

"Yeah, you're right. Sorry about it."

With that, the cream earth pony finally sat down next to Lyra and the tied up Amethyst, waiting for the agents to come by the house.

Not long after, the agents finally arrived with a carriage, presumably for Bon Bon to get her relocated. However, when they saw Amethyst tied up, alongside with last week's newspaper that showcased a letter article about Amethyst's crime confession, that was enough to make them believe and finally deemed her relocation forgotten and that she was allowed to stay in Ponyville with her girlfriend.

Upon hearing that news, Bon Bon had tears in her eyes as the others, even the guards, cheered for her good luck as she tightly hugged Lyra as tears finally flowed down each of their cheeks.


Six weeks later...

Lyra and Bon Bon walked to Ponyville Park with smiles on their faces. After the whole ordeal that they had to face for the past near three months, it had made them stronger than ever when they realize that they can fight for whatever life throws at them. Now, Lyra had other plans for her girlfriend.

After a long walk, they finally stopped at a clearing. They had decided to do a picnic earlier because Lyra was holding onto a picnic basket with her magic. However, she had other things in mind.

After the picnic blanket has been spread and the treats set up, Lyra and Bon Bon settled down to enjoy the sunset together. However, throughout the entire picnic, Lyra's heart was pounding in her chest on figuring out how to tell her girlfriend that she no longer wanted to be one but decided to take a step in their relationship further. After a while, she sucked it all up and finally asked Bon Bon about it.

"Hey Bonnie, can I ask you something?"

"Sure thing, Lyra. What is it?" Bon Bon said.

"Well, we have been girlfriends for like three months now and we have been through a lot now, which it was considering that Amethyst had to do some community service thanks to what she did to us."

She is not wrong on that account. Amethyst was brought to Canterlot for her trial for a really treacherous crime that she did for trying to get Bon Bon relocated due to her jealousy. But, as the Princess of Friendship, Twilight managed to persuade her fellow princesses, Celestia and Luna, to give Amethyst a small punishment rather than putting her behind bars. Instead, she was forced to stay in Ponyville and making sure that she did every task that her fellow residents ask her to do for the next six months.

The other Ponyville residents, however, did not take it lightly as they are completely angry at Amethyst for trying to separate Lyra and Bon Bon. So, they gave her really hard tasks to do, despite her futile attempts on apologizing to them.

This continued for at least three weeks until a fire broke out on one of the houses with a four year old filly trapped inside. Despite the dangers, Amethyst braved herself to save the filly and after three minutes, she came out with the unconscious but breathing filly on her back. After that, the residents finally saw that Amethyst was truly sorry for her previous behaviour and they finally forgave her and she was heralded as a hero for saving the filly from a burning building.

The following week, Amethyst was asked by Mayor Mare to receive an award for saving a young life whilst risking her own. And now the residents helped her in any way they can when she wanted to complete whatever task she was asked to do.

Bon Bon was still thinking about the event and said, "Yeah, she really wanted to change her ways after what she did. Good thing the others finally see it after they gave her nothing but hard labor."

"Hehe, yeah. But anyways, I was wondering if we can have her as one of your bridesmaids?" Lyra asked.

"Sur- Wait, what?"

With shaky hooves, Lyra reached down to the picnic basket and took out a small ring box and presented it to Bon Bon.

"Lyra?" Bon Bon asked with wide eyes.

"Bonnie, I feel like we should continue our current lives together because I can't spend another second without you by my side. Thinking about you leaving is the worst thing that could've happened, but at least it didn't happen. So, I need to ask you one question," Lyra said, opening the box to reveal a shimmering ring that was attached to a string. "Bon Bon, will you marry me?"

The earth pony was stunned when her girlfriend wanted to marry her. Still, with tears in her eyes, she nodded. "Yes. Yes, I'll marry you!"

With that being said, the two lovebirds, now soul mates, hugged and shared a passionate kiss with each other.


Three weeks later...

Today was the greatest day Lyra and Bon Bon ever had because it was their wedding day. They can still remember what they had told the Mane Six about when they wanted to get married, in which of course they received mixed reactions from each of them.

Pinkie Pie was of course the happiest of the six when the news was dropped on them. She then went on to throw them a 'Congratulations on Getting Married' party (again, don't ask). Rarity nearly fainted after hearing the news, but she managed to keep it together whilst at the same time sheds a few tears for the newlyweds alongside Fluttershy.

Applejack was ecstatic about the wedding because Lyra wanted her sister, Apple Bloom, to be one of the flower girls alongside the other Cutie Mark Crusaders and with her as one of her bridesmaids alongside Amethyst. Rainbow Dash, on the other hoof, has decided to spread the news all over Ponyville, including asking Mayor Mare on having another wedding. However, she didn't have to worry, because Twilight had stepped in to officiate the wedding vows instead of the mayor.

Back to the present, as of now, Rarity was putting the finishing touches on Bon Bon's wedding dress, complete with a veil and a bouquet of flowers. It was a good thing too, because Lyra opted to be the one to wear a tuxedo for their wedding day, which makes it easier to do her job.

Five minutes later, the fashionista stepped back to admire her work. Bon Bon was indeed a beauty. The dress itself was made from silicon and it was very mobile as well. With all of the lacing that she put into the dress, it makes the wearer to be even more beautiful, not to mention the makeup that she had; with her green eyeshadow paired off with pink lipstick, the combination actually suits her with the wedding dress that she wore.

Upon seeing the bride like that, it made Rarity teared up because the wedding dress alongside the makeup makes her really beautiful. She then commented, "Oh Bon Bon, you look stunning! Lyra is really lucky to have you as her soul mate, darling."

Bon Bon blushed brightly from hearing that comment. She then said, "Thanks, Rarity. I appreciate it."

"Why, you're welcome. But the wedding starts in ten minutes. Enough for last minute looks on your makeup. Come along."

The wedding was to be held in Ponyville Town Hall, where Cranky and Matilda's wedding was previously held. The main room was filled with ponies and in the center of it all, stood Lyra in her tuxedo with Princess Twilight officiating the wedding. Amethyst was standing on the bride's side with some of the other Mane Six. Only the earth ponies out of the remaining five that was standing. Rainbow Dash was the only one out of them sitting on one of the chairs, while Fluttershy having her choir birds did the wedding tunes.

Lyra was sweating profusely, waiting for Bon Bon to come in so that the wedding can start. Twilight saw the anxious look on her face and said, "Hey Lyra, are you feeling okay?"

"Well, to be honest, no. I'm really anxious right now, I might explode from all of the attention," the mint unicorn admitted.

"It's okay, Lyra. You're gonna be fine, trust me."

"I sure hope so."

About five minutes later, the shy pegasus was given the green light to make the birds to start singing the wedding chorus. As soon as it started, the huge doors on the other side of the aisle opened, firstly revealing the Cutie Mark Crusaders hopping down the aisle whilst scattering flowers all around before revealing Bon Bon in all of her beauty. Upon seeing her, Lyra was stunned because her girlfriend, now soon-to-be wife, is even more beautiful then before.

After she made it to Lyra's side, they briefly looked at each other before turning to Twilight, signalling for her to start officiating the wedding.

"Mares and gentlecolts, we are gathered here today to celebrate these two ponies standing before you. To be honest, as the Princess of Friendship, I could not have felt more love than these two could have omitted than any other pony that I have met in the past and have finally decided to tie the knots right here, right now.

"For the past four months, these two have been in a really tight situation where the bride has to be relocated by her fellow agents due to her secret cover being blown. The culprit was none other than Amethyst Star, who was standing before you as one of the bridesmaids due to her jealousy of the groom. But like most ponies, she was forgiven for all of the mistakes that she has done.

"And now, we have more important things at hoof as we finally bring these two together after three months of being girlfriends who had faced a lot together."

Twilight then turned to Lyra. "Do you, Lyra Heartstrings, take Bon Bon or Agent Sweetie Drops as your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

With a smile on her face, the mint unicorn nodded. "I do."

The lavender princess then turned to the bride. "And do you, Agent Sweetie Drops, take Lyra Heartstrings as your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

The secret agent also nodded. "I do."

"Well then, Spike, can we have the rings, please?"

Spike, who served as the ring boy, bring two rings on a pillow, where one of them was attached to a string to serve as a necklace for Bon Bon. The alicorn then levitated the rings and placed the stringed one around Bon Bon's neck and the other non-stringed one on top of Lyra's horn. Once that was done, Twilight said the last words.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you lovely wedded wives. Lyra, you may now kiss the bride."

The second the words left Twilight's lips, Lyra and Bon Bon passionately kissed each other, while the guests cheered for the happy couple.


Later that night...

Still wearing their tuxedo and wedding dress, Lyra and Bon Bon finally made it back to their home sweet home after a really long wedding party and an after party afterwards (okay, that's a lot of afters. Curse you, Pinkie!). Without changing out of the outfits, they had decided to just sleep in with them. However, they were still awake as they are still remembering what had just happened.

"Hey Lyra, what do you think is gonna happen next now that we are married?" Bon Bon asked.

"Hmm, I guess we just face whatever life threw at us. Can you do that for me, honey?" Lyra said.

With a smile on her face, her wife said, "Sure thing, honey."

With that confirmation, the two newlyweds finally closed their eyes after fatigue settled in whilst wrapping each other with their hooves into a really warm hug, hopefully with some wonderful dreams and hopes in the future.

THE END

Author's Note:

With that, this will mark the end of Best Friends for Life! Thank you guys so much for staying with me throughout this entire journey of Lyra and Bon Bon's sticky situation. It was a blast trying to write this story as it had been in the back of my mind for quite some time. And to finally get to it is a blessing in disguise for me. Now, I can finally get to writing my second story, Zathura: Sibling is Magic so stay tuned for that as well!

As usual, feel free to leave a comment if you spot any mistakes and I will try to get to them. Thanks for reading Best Friends for Life!

Comments ( 3 )

aww That was a pretty sweet ending of your story and Redemption story even though its short of Amethyst So answered Job with the story

10298100
Thanks! I'm really glad I finished it. Also, I'm currently working on another story, which is a crossover one titled Zathura: Sibling is Magic. Look forward to it, okay?

Login or register to comment