• Published 21st Feb 2020
  • 437 Views, 8 Comments

Drama Kids - TheGamerBrony



The Young Six (plus Corn and Peg) join the school's new Drama Club.

  • ...
 8
 437

S2E2: Talent Show Time

Author's Note:

Drama Kids:
Season 2, Episode 2: "Talent Show Time"

Cast:
Nick Fischer as Brony
Gavin Langelo as Gallus
Tabitha St. Germain as Rarity
Niko Ceci as Corn
Shechinah Mpumlwana as Peg
Shannon Chan-Kent as Smolder
Vincent Tong as Sandbar

While everyone was hard at work practicing their acts for the talent show, Brony was still thinking about what he wanted to do. As soon as Gallus came into their room, Brony snapped out of his thoughts.

“Hey, Brony! Shouldn’t you be practicing for the talent show?” Gallus asked.

“Yeah, but here’s the thing. I…don’t exactly know what I want to do. There’s just so many things I could do, but…what if it turns out I’m not good enough for y’all? I don’t wanna make a fool out of myself!” Brony replied.

Gallus sat beside Brony. “I totally get that, Brony, but a talent show’s about showing everycreature what you like to do. Don’t worry about being perfect, just do what you like to do and have fun!”

“But I don’t even know what I want to do!”

“Well, you could make a list of the things you like to do and whatever you do the best, you can do that for the show”

“Y’know, that doesn’t sound too bad. Thanks, Gallus! Say, what are you doing for the talent show?”

“Oh, nothing too special. Just a little magic trick”

“Wow! Can I see?”

“Sure, buddy! I’ll be right back!”

A few seconds later, Gallus returned with a sandwich. “Watch as I make this sandwich disappear!” he said before wolfing down the sandwich. “Ta-da!”

Brony giggled. “You’re funny, Gallus! Do you think I could try a trick?”

“You can certainly try! What do you have in mind?”

“Maybe a disappearing act…like yours!”

Gallus didn’t exactly know what to think. He felt that Brony wasn’t listening to his advice, but he wouldn’t want to disappoint him, so he decided to see Brony’s disappearing act.

“Ok, just take whatever you need from the fridge”

A few minutes later, Brony walked over to his desk and placed a plate with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on it on his desk.

“Ready to see my disappearing trick, Gallus?”

“I sure am!”

Brony then began eating his sandwich. He was taking slow, careful bites, which bored Gallus.

“Can’t you…eat a little faster?”

Brony gulped. “Why?”

“That’s the point of a disappearing act. You gotta eat it as fast as you can so it gives the illusion that it disappeared”

“But…the sandwich will have already disappeared, in my belly”

“No! It’s all about timing!”

“Well, if you say so” Brony said as he rolled the rest of his sandwich up and threw it in his mouth. Suddenly, he began to choke.

Gallus went over to Brony and pushed his chest firmly, causing the saliva-covered sandwich to fly out of Brony’s mouth.

“Whew! That was a close one!” Brony said upon feeling better. However, he became disappointed. “Guess I’m not made out to be a magician”

“That’s okay. There are many other things you could do for the talent show”


The next day, Brony saw Corn and Peg in the hallway, practicing for their talent show act. He walked over to them to see what they were doing.

“Oh, hi Brony! Corn and I were just practicing our do-good rap for the talent show. Wanna hear it?” Peg offered.

“Okay!”

“Give me a beat, Corn!”

Corn began beatboxing as Peg prepared to sing.

Corn and Peg are our names

And doing good is our game

We’re the do-gooders around town

Spreading kindness all around

“That’s great! I’m sure everycreature would love to hear your rap!” Brony praised.

“Thanks! Say, what are you going to do for the talent show, Brony?” Corn asked.

“I don’t know yet, but maybe I could do a rap just like yours!” Brony replied.

“Um, are you sure? It’s better to do what you like to do” Peg questioned.

“Well, I did like your rap, so maybe rapping is something I’d like to do. Ready?”

“Ready!” Corn and Peg replied.

Brony was already failing as he couldn’t beatbox properly. Instead of beatboxing, he was blowing raspberries and was accidentally spitting on Corn and Peg.

“Ugh! Can’t you just say it, not spray it?” Corn said, feeling disgusted.

Brony blushed in embarrassment. “Oops, sorry!”

“That’s okay! The words are more important in a rap than beatboxing. I’ll beatbox while you rap” Corn replied as Brony began to rap.

Yeah, my name’s Brony and…

Uhm…I’m a pony?

“That’s a great start so far” Peg praised.

And…my insides are bony

Because my name’s Brony

Corn and Peg didn’t really like Brony’s rap, but they didn’t want to make him upset.

“That was…good” Peg said nervously.

“Uh, yeah…it’s good. You did…good, I guess” Corn added.

Brony became upset. “Oh, you don’t have to lie. My rap was terrible! I’ll never be as good as you!” he said before running off.

“Brony, wait!” Peg called as she chased Brony, but she lost him.

“Poor Brony! I think he’s real upset over the talent show” Peg said.

“Yeah, hope he finds something to do that he likes” Corn replied.


On his way to the mess hall for dinner, Brony heard a strange thud coming from the gym. He went inside to investigate and saw Yona practicing for her talent show act.

“Hey, Yona! Is this your talent show act?” Brony asked.

“Yes. Yona do special yak smash. Yona run as fast as Yona can and smash walls” Yona replied.

“Great! Let me see it!”

Yona began to run as fast as she can, charging towards the walls and smashing them.

“Cool! Can I try?”

“Pony sure? Yona no want friend to be hurt”

“I won’t get hurt! You made it look easy!”

“Because Yona yak and yaks have tough horns for smashing. If pony try to smash walls, pony get hurt very bad”

“I’ll be fine!”

“Okay” Yona said, feeling concerned for her friend.

Once Yona set up a line of new walls, Brony charged as fast he can towards the first wall. When he tried to smash the wall, he bumped his head very badly and fell onto the floor.

“Ow! My head!” Brony cried.

Yona rushed towards Brony. “Oh no, pony okay?”

“No! I’m not okay! My head hurts very bad!”

“Yona take pony to nurse so pony feel better”


Later that night, Brony has lost all hope. He felt very sad because he was unable to find something to do for the talent show.

“Any luck?” Gallus asked his friend.

“No” Brony replied.

Gallus sat beside Brony. “I’m sorry, Brony”

“It isn’t your fault, Gallus. I wanted to be in the show so badly, but whenever I try to do something, I look like an idiot. I choked on my PB&J when I tried your disappearing act, spat on Corn and Peg and reciting stupid rhymes, and injured myself while doing what Yona’s doing. I’m a complete and total failure!” Brony said as he began to cry.

“You’re not a failure, Brony! Everyone’s better at some things. You should keep looking for something you can do during the talent show. There’s still time”

“No, Gallus. I’m done. I’m not gonna do the talent show and I’m never going to drama club again! All I’m gonna do is let everyone down because I’m a failure!”

“Brony, that’s not true! You’re an amazing guy and I’m sure there’s something you’re good at! You just gotta believe in yourself!”

“Don’t waste your breath, Gallus. I’m going to bed”


The next day, after Rarity’s generosity class, Rarity asked Brony to stay for a few minutes.

“What is it, Rarity? I’m not exactly in the mood for anything regarding drama club” Brony started.

“That’s what I fear. Gallus told me you were down because you couldn’t find an idea for the talent show, is that correct?”

“Yeah”

“And that you tried- and failed- to do what everycreature else was doing?”

“Yeah”

“Brony, you shouldn’t be so hard on yourself just because you can’t think of something to do for the talent show. And doing what everycreature else is doing won’t help your cause. You have to think very hard about what you like to do and only focus on you. You told me in our first meeting that your mother was a famous actress and you have had prior acting experience. What kinds of activities have you done?”

“Well, I was in my community’s choir in fifth grade”

“Was that something you enjoyed?”

“Yes. I enjoyed it a lot”

“Well, did that give you an idea of what you would like to do for our talent show?”

Brony felt a lot better. “That’s it! I think I know what I want to do for the talent show! Thanks, Miss Rarity! You’re the best!” he cheered as he ran out the door.


The day of the talent show finally came. Headmare Starlight Glimmer and the teachers were in the bleacher area, about to watch the talent show. Suddenly, Rarity appeared on stage.

“Welcome, everycreature, to the 1st Annual School of Friendship Talent Show. Our school’s drama club has had a blast planning this event and I’m sure they’ll have lots of fun performing for you. Our first act is Gallus the Griffon, who will be performing a disappearing act”

The curtains revealed Gallus, who was standing behind a table and a plate of meatballs.

“Greetings, everybody. I’m Gallus and today, I will make these meatballs disappear” he said as he tilted the plate of meatballs up to his beak, causing all the meatballs to roll into his mouth.

Once the plate was cleared, he gulped and let out a satisfied belch while the audience roared with laughter.

Rarity came onstage again to thank Gallus for participating. “Our next act is Corn and Peg, who will be performing an original rap about doing good.

After all the other performances, it was time for Rarity to present the final act. “And now, last but most certainly not least, Brony Pony will be performing an original song about friendship”

When the curtains revealed Brony, he felt very nervous. He was shaking like a leaf.

“Are you feeling alright, darling?” Rarity asked Brony.

“Yeah, kinda nervous. What will everyone think of my song?” Brony replied.

“Darling, don’t worry. You’ll do just fine! Just close your eyes when you sing and think about what you’re singing about”

Brony looked at the audience and introduced himself. “Um, hi…everyone. I’m Brony, and today, I’m…uh, gonna…sing…a song about…friendship. So, herewego”

Brony closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and began to sing.

When I was young

I felt depressed

Nobody to go to

No way to help myself

Had no energy

Home life was rough

Cried myself to sleep

Every single night

The School of Friendship

Was my final hope

Changed me for the better

Cause now I got new friends

I got new friends

Who are by my side

Every single day and night

Until the very end

At first, there was no applause, which made Brony upset. He let out a sad sigh and said “I was right. I’m not made out to be in drama club. I’m not made out to do anything. I think I should just go back home to my mom and- “

Brony’s thoughts were interrupted with a huge, loud roar of applause and standing ovations.

This caused Brony to cry tears of joy. “They love me. They really love me”

Suddenly, Brony’s friends ran up to the stage to join their friend.

“I knew you could do it, Brony! I’m so proud of you!” Gallus cheered.

“We all are!” Peg added.

“Well, I suppose we all know who the winner is. Congratulations, Brony!” Rarity chimed in as she gave Brony a first place medal.

She also gave Corn and Peg second place medals while Gallus received a third place medal.

“Wow! First prize! I can’t believe it!” Brony cheered.

“I can, seeing as how Gallus got third just for eating a plate of meatballs. They’d give these to anyone” Smolder added.

“So, how about we all go to Sugarcube Corner to celebrate?” Sandbar offered.

“Sounds good to me!” Brony replied as he and his friends left the drama room.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment