• Published 21st Feb 2020
  • 437 Views, 8 Comments

Drama Kids - TheGamerBrony



The Young Six (plus Corn and Peg) join the school's new Drama Club.

  • ...
 8
 437

S2E1: Getting to Know Y'all

Author's Note:

Drama Kids:
Season 2, Episode 1: "Getting to Know Y'all" (alternative title: "Talent Show Time, Part 1")

Cast:
Tabitha St. Germain as Rarity
Nick Fischer as Brony
Gavin Langelo as Gallus
Vincent Tong as Sandbar
Lauren Jackson as Silverstream
Devyn Dalton as Ocellus
Shechinah Mpumlwana as Peg
Niko Ceci as Corn
Katrina Salisbury as Yona
Shannon Chan-Kent as Smolder

The new year is in full swing at the School of Friendship. Two weeks have passed since the first day of classes for the new year and that is when all extracurricular activities start up again, including drama club. As Brony left his final class of the day to go back to his dorm room to complete his homework assignments, Gallus approached him.

“Oh, hey Gallus! What’s up?” Brony greeted.

“Got anything going on the rest of the day?” Gallus asked.

“Other than homework, no. Why do you ask?”

“Great! I’m on my way to meet my friends at our weekly drama club meeting. Today’s the first meeting of the month! You should totally join! It’s a blast!”

“Y’all have a drama club here? Well, why didn’t y’all say so? I love acting! In fact, my mom’s an actor!”

“Really? That’s so cool!”

“I’d love to join the drama club! Where’s it at?”

“Professor Rarity’s the advisor. Our meetings are in the drama room. Come on, I’ll take you there!”


As soon as Brony and Gallus went inside the drama room and took their seats, Professor Rarity started the meeting.

“Welcome to drama club, everycreature! My name is Rarity and I’m the club advisor! I see many familiar faces, as well as one new face! Can you introduce yourself to the group, young man?” Rarity announced as she noticed the new member in the crowd.

“Umm, my name’s Brony” Brony said sheepishly.

“Wonderful to have you here, Brony! Can you tell us a little about yourself? Maybe share an interesting fact about yourself and your favorite subject” Rarity replied.

“Well, I’m here because Gallus told me about this club. I became interested because my mom’s an actor as well”

“That is interesting! Children, it sounds like we have a natural in our group! Have you done any performances before?”

“Well, I have done a few plays in elementary and middle school. I was even in my community’s choir in fifth grade!”

“Wow! Impressive, Brony! Now, what’s your favorite subject?”

“Think I like magic best. I came from a not-so-nice environment and I believe that the stuff I learn in that class will make a difference in our communities”

Brony’s introduction drew applause from the crowd.

“Wonderful, darling! I do agree that the material taught in your magic class is incredibly important in spreading friendship to your homelands. Thank you, Brony! Who would like to go next?” Rarity praised.

“Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I’ll go! I’ll go!” Silverstream cheered.

“Ok, Silverstream! Please introduce yourself by saying your name, telling an interesting fact about yourself, and your favorite subject” Rarity replied.

“Ok! Hi, everyone! I’m Silverstream and I love plumbing!”

“Wow! That’s interesting, indeed!” Peg remarked.

“Yeah, I never thought of Silverstream as a plumber” Corn added.

“I know! We’ve never had indoor plumbing in Seaquestria, and that makes it even more exciting!” Silverstream added.

“Well, it truly is amazing how new things can be so exciting” Brony remarked.

“As for my favorite subject, I looooooooooooove Pinkie’s class, but if there was a plumbing class or a class about stairs, that would be my favorite! *gasp* I should tell Headmare Starlight!” Silverstream continued.

“Thank you, Silverstream. Who’s next?”

“Guess I’ll go. Hey, I’m Smolder. I like rocks, I guess. I also like Dash’s loyalty class. She’s cool” Smolder said.

“Short and sweet! Thank you, Smolder! Sandbar?” Rarity replied.

“I’ll go. My name’s Sandbar and living on the ocean made me fascinated in oceanography and marine biology, which is what I want to go into as a career. My favorite subject is kindness with Professor Fluttershy, more specifically, her lessons on handling animals” Sandbar explained.

“Thank you for that wonderful introduction, Sandbar.” Rarity praised.

“Um, Miss Rarity, I can go next…if that’s okay with you” Ocellus requested.

“Of course, Ocellus! Go ahead!” Rarity replied.

“Hi, everybody! My name is Ocellus and I come from a big family! My favorite subject is your clothesmaking class, Miss Rarity!”

“Thank you, Ocellus! I see a talon. Does that mean you want to go next, Gallus?” Rarity asked.

“Sure does! Howdy, guys! Gallus here and my fun fact is that many people say that I have the biggest appetite of anyone they’ve ever met and let me confirm that that’s true! I sure love to eat!” Gallus said as he rubbed his stomach.

“Can I ask you what your favorite food is?” Rarity asked.

“Wow! That’s a toughie! I’d eat anything! Put anything on a plate and I’ll devour it in seconds! And my favorite subject is…lunch!”

Gallus’s introduction drew laughter and applause from the crowds.

“Thank you for sharing that with us, Gallus! Yona, you’re next” Rarity praised.

“Yona name Yona and yaks best. Yona love Applejack class” Yona said.

“Short and sweet! Thanks, Yona! Last and certainly not least, Corn and Peg!” Rarity said.

“Hi, everyone! I’m Corn” Corn began.

“And I’m Peg!” Peg added.

“And we’re a couple of do-gooders who love to make our community a better place!” Corn added.

“And our favorite subject is magic. Just like what Brony said, the stuff taught in that class is important to consider when we’re out doing good”

“Thank you, everybody! Now to talk about the format for our plays. I’m sure that everycreature knows about our play format, but I will repeat it again to give you a refresher. Brony, this is what you can expect from drama club, so listen carefully. I choose what production we put on and who plays what character. Not everyone will be able to perform in one show, but everyone will have had a chance to perform. During our in-club productions, we will be performing for Headmare Starlight and your teachers. We will also be doing an original production at the end of the semester at the performing arts center where all of you will get a chance to perform for your families and friends, as well as the general public. For this first performance of the semester, we will be holding a schoolwide talent show” Rarity announced.

“Wow! A talent show? How cool!” Sandbar cheered.

“It is cool, Sandbar. This is the first time we’re doing something like this. If this performance is successful enough, we shall do something like this again in the future. Think about what you would like to do for the talent show and I will see you all tomorrow” Rarity continued.

The students then left the drama room, all of them thinking about what they would like to do for the show.