• Published 21st Feb 2020
  • 438 Views, 8 Comments

Drama Kids - TheGamerBrony



The Young Six (plus Corn and Peg) join the school's new Drama Club.

  • ...
 8
 438

S1E6: Hiccup Hijinx

Author's Note:

Drama Kids:
Season 1, Episode 6: "Hiccup Hijinx"

Cast:
Gavin Langelo as Gallus
Lauren Jackson as Silverstream
Vincent Tong as Sandbar
Shannon Chan-Kent as Smolder
Tabitha St. Germain as Rarity
Katrina Salisbury as Yona
Devyn Dalton as Ocellus
Shechinah Mpumlwana as Peg
Niko Ceci as Corn

And, that's it for season 1! See you in August for season 2!

The beginning of the last full month of the school year has arrived at the School of Friendship. This meant that they had one last in-club performance before the big show at the performing arts center.

“Can’t you believe that we’re almost done with drama club for the year?” Silverstream asked.

“I know, right? It seems only yesterday that we went to our first meeting” Gallus replied.

“As they say, time sure flies when you’re having fun with friends!” Corn added.

“Ok guys! Since today is our last performance before our big performance in two weeks, we all have to do our very best to be the best ensemble anypony has ever seen!” Sandbar said.

“I believe the proper term is anycreature, Sandbar” Ocellus replied.

“Anycreature…right!” Sandbar replied, smiling sheepishly.


The eight students got out of sixth period a bit early so that they could get to the drama room earlier to prepare to make sure that this is the best play yet.

“Hey Peg, could you give me that thermos up there?” Gallus asked, pointing at his thermos.

Peg flew up, picked up the thermos, and handed it to Gallus.

“Thanks” Gallus said as he took a quick drink from the thermos.

“Gallus, I don’t think you should take such quick sips! You might get the-“ Peg said.

“Don’t worry! I’m super careful! I won’t get the-“ Gallus let out a hiccup, interrupting his sentence.

Peg facepalmed.

“Oh no! Not now! I *hic* can’t have a *hic* case of the hiccups *hic* now!” Gallus panicked.

Soon, Rarity walked into the drama room.

“Oh no! It’s Miss *hic* Rarity! She can’t *hic* know I *hic* have the hiccups!” Gallus whispered.

“Well, you’re just gonna have to try your best to hide them. Let’s go to the bleacher area to have our pre-mortem” Peg replied as they made their way to the bleacher area.

“Oh, there you two are! I’m glad that you’re here! We can’t do a final show without you two! Please sit down now!” Rarity said as Gallus and Peg took their seats.

“Now, everyone! As you all know, this is the final performance as a group before our big performance coming up in a couple weeks. For today’s play, all of you will perform! And, the play that we’ll be doing is-“ Rarity’s announcement was suddenly interrupted by Gallus’s hiccupping.

“Oh dear! Hope those aren’t hiccups I hear!” Rarity exclaimed.

Everyone turned to look at Gallus, who was covering his beak as he continued hiccupping.

“Oh dear, Gallus! Do you have the hiccups?” Rarity asked, showing concern for the griffon.

“Yeah, I *hic* do! How can I *hic* get rid of them?” Gallus replied.

“Well, I know a few cures that might work” Sandbar explained.

“You do, *hic* Sandbar?” Gallus asked.

“Yeah. Maybe if you try burping, it might cancel out your hiccups. That’s my go-to technique and it cures my hiccups every time!” Sandbar explained.

“Burping? But Rarity *hic* hates burping! It’s *hic* uncouth!” Gallus replied.

“I’ll make an exception just this once. I think that just might work. There’s a can of soda in the mini fridge” Rarity added.

“No offense, Miss rarity, but wouldn’t drinking fizzy drinks make hiccups worse?” Peg asked.

“Worth a shot” Gallus sad as he guzzled down the soda.

A few seconds later, he let out a thunderous belch. After a few more seconds of waiting, he hiccupped again.

Sandbar’s pupils shrunk. “What? Are you kidding me? That didn’t work?”

“I’m surprised, Sandbar. I’d think that would work! Does anyone else have a suggestion?” Rarity added.

“Dragons usually get the hiccups when they eat too many gemstones. The only antidote: a cup full of lava” Smolder explained.

Gallus’s pupils shrunk. “Lava? I can’t *hic* drink lava!”

“You’re right. We can’t find lava in Equestria, but what we can do is have you guzzle down a bottle of hot sauce” Smolder replied.

“I’m not *hic* drinking hot *hic* sauce! Forget it! I’ll *hic* keep my *hic* hiccups!” Gallus retorted.

“We can’t do that, Gallus! We can’t have you hiccupping throughout the performance! Smolder, you can find hot sauce in the mini fridge” Rarity said as Smolder took the hot sauce out of the mini fridge.

“Ok, guess I’ll *hic* do it!” Gallus said as he took the hot sauce from Smolder and began emptying the bottle’s contents.

Suddenly, his stomach churned, and he was belching out fire. A split second later, he belched out excess smoke.

“’Scuse me!” Gallus said.

“It only made him burp. Do you feel any better, Gallus?” Smolder asked.

“Well, I do feel like my insides are on fire, but at least I’m no-“ Gallus was interrupted by his own hiccups again.

“Come on! That always works!” Smolder retorted.

“Y’know, Gallus, you could always try holding your breath” Ocellus suggested.

On cue, Gallus began to hold his breath. About 5 seconds later, he let out a loud hiccup.

“…or not” Ocellus said.

“Yona got best hiccup remedy! All Gallus have to do is roll around room” Yona suggested.

“Roll around the *hic* room? Like a *hic* ball? I’d look so *hic* silly doing that!” Gallus replied.

“Trust me, most of these hiccup cures seem silly. I suggest you try Yona’s cure out, just so we could laugh at you…I mean, just so we could see if it really works” Sandbar replied.

“Okay, here *hic* goes!” Gallus said as he began to roll all around the drama room, being careful not to knock anything over.

“Okay, that was every single inch of the drama room! I don’t think my hiccups are gone, but-“ Of course, Gallus hiccupped again.

“Yona didn’t say that roll around always work” Yona replied.

“No *hic* kidding!” Gallus retorted.

“Calm down, Gallus. I’m sure we’ll find a cure that works” Rarity chimed in.

“Ooh! I got one! I got one!” Silverstream cheered.

“What is it, Silverstream?” Rarity asked.

“All Gallus has to do is do a handstand and he can’t stop until he sings the entire United States national anthem” Silverstream explained.

“But I don’t *hic* know the United States *hic* national anthem!” Gallus complained.

“Don’t worry! I’ll follow you through. I have the whole song memorized!” Silverstream replied.

Halfway through the song, the technique was proven to not work.

“Oh, wait! I meant to sing the United Kingdom national anthem! Silly me!” Silverstream said.

“How do you *hic* know all these songs and *hic* countries anyway?” Gallus asked.

“I was taught real world geography back in Mount Aris. I learned some cool stuff in that class! For example, did you know that New York City was originally the US capital before it was moved to Washington, DC during John Adams’s presidency?” Silverstream replied.

“Uh, Silverstream, can we focus on getting rid of Gallus’s hiccups?” Sandbar asked.

“Oh, sorry!” Silverstream smiled sheepishly.

“Allow me to present a cure. When I was younger, I discovered a spell that makes people never have the hiccups ever again! But you might want to hold still for me, Gallus” Corn explained as he pointed his lit horn at Gallus.

When the spell was completed, everyone waited a few moments to see if the cure worked. Miraculously, it did!

“Gallus, your hiccups are gone!” Ocellus cheered.

“Yes! No more hiccups! Oh, thank you, Corn!” Gallus cheered as he gave Corn a big hug.

“Don’t mention it, Gallus! Just be glad that we’re finally able to perform!” Corn replied.

“I’m afraid that we don’t have time for our performance today. We were so committed to curing Gallus’s hiccups that we ran out of time. So, I guess we’ll do our play tomorrow” Rarity explained.

“That’s okay, Miss Rarity! We still had a lot of fun today! Plus, thanks to Silverstream, I learned about a country that I didn’t know existed!” Gallus replied.

“Hey, guys! If you want, we can go to the library and I can teach you all about how the United States was founded!” Silverstream offered as her friends cheered and followed her out of the drama room.