• Published 30th Jan 2020
  • 1,531 Views, 14 Comments

The New Storm - ChaosKing23



A Newcomer Crashes the Final Showdown, neither side knows who he is but they soon realize what he is capable of.

  • ...
5
 14
 1,531

Motives

“Are you a Hero, Tempest Shadow.?”

“W-what, why…..” Tempest looked confused not expecting the more monotone voice Cyclone used after he had just let out a range of emotions on his two prisoners.

“I asked a question, Are you a hero Tempest Shadow?”

“I-I I don’t understand” Tempest was beyond confused. Her anger fading away quickly as she was lost in confusion at the question.

“I suppose I will have to answer for you then,......You are not a hero. You are the farthest thing from it”. Cyclone spoke with authority now his voice deeper and more commanding like that of a military leader.

Cyclone moved his head down so he could look Tempest in the eyes.

“You are a pony, consumed by her own pity and grief that you do not seem to care about your actions anymore”.

“If you are trying to threaten me or make me feel like I have done something wrong then you better try harder than that. I wasn’t born yesterday” Tempest focused her glare on his eyes and tried to see what his real motives were.

“You did everything you could for power. You trusted no creature, whether it be pony or any other creature. And through it all the one thing you desired was power. You wanted your horn, you wanted to feel whole again, but all it took was a few words from a princess to show you the error of your ways……. So tempest let me ask you this”.

Cyclone grabbed Tempest's muzzle and pulled her closer until they were but a few inches apart.

“Do you feel whole?”

The room held no noise within it. Nothing moved. Nothing made noise. Only the breathing of one creature could be heard and it was of Princess Twilight watching the exchange between the two intent on understanding more about this new enemy.

“....I will never feel whole again, I may try and try to regain what I lost but it won’t come back. I have found new things that I believe in. My past doesn’t define my future, I learned that from my mistakes”. Tempest stared definitely back into Cyclones eyes showing no signs of backing down.

“It is a shame that you believe that, such a valuable lesson. Your past mistakes don’t define your future.” Cyclone let go of Tempest's muzzle and let her flop to the ground unceremoniously.

Your past mistakes may have been forgotten and forgiven by many, but I haven’t forgotten. I will never forget no matter how much you believe to have changed. Your past defines me Tempest Shadow. So I will make sure you remember it.” Cyclone turned away from her but didn’t move an inch.

“Even if you are to hide in the darkest hole on the opposite side of the world. I will find you, and I will make you remember, you will never be safe. You will always be reminded of your mistakes and you will never be whole again. That is what I take from you Tempest”

He stood for some time before turning back to look at Tempest. They shared one final glance before Tempest moved her gaze to the side. Eyeing the wall next to her. She tried to distract herself from the chilling words he had said. But they sunk deep into Tempests fur like knives.

They struck her deep and they might never come out. She knew what her past actions had caused and yet she knew she would never come to terms with some of the things she had done, but there was always that sliver of hope that she had a chance to be whole again. To live a happy life.

But that hope died out in an instant when Cyclone said those words. Everything she had done since the Storm King was for the good of somepony else. Whether it simply be giving directions or just helping somepony who needed it. Tempest worked hard, harder then when she had to prove herself in the Storm King's ranks.

She pushed herself to be better, slowly helping herself become more of an ideal pony. Somepony who could make something of herself and find a way past her problems. She pushed herself because she believed that she deserved to finally have some rest and now it was being stripped away from her, again. Her fury came back full force, she would say what needed to be said.

‘What gives you the right”Tempest’s voice was barely above a whisper. Her words carried fury and anger but shaky as Tempest spoke her mind.

“.......” Cyclone said nothing, he only looked at her with intrigue as she began shaking with an unbridled rage that could have scared a dragon to a quivering mess, but Cyclone did not falter; he watched and waited for her to speak again.

“I have worked and helped all those that I have wronged. I have finally become a better pony. What gives you the right to take that away from me. I have sacrificed and given up everything to try and make amends for what I have done to those around me”.

“I was finally better, why do you want to take that away from me”. Tempest seethed in her own anger. She spat her words out with little to know gaps in between her sentences. She took breaths only when she was done speaking.

“......You ask why, and yet you already know the answer. You ask me what right I have but you already know that answer” Cyclone spoke.

“What gives the right to kill my father…...and then act like a hero. You act as if you are the most broken pony in the world. You act as if you have the right to ask me ‘why’. You want to know why I'm taking this from you, because you took something much more important to me”.

“You took my father away from me, and the hate I feel for you will not go away, just because you believe yourself to be better. I don’t care if you solve the world's problems, Tempest, because you created all of my problems”. Cyclone spoke his final words to Tempest before moving away from Tempest. He was no longer concerned with her to even spare her a glance.

Tempest said no more. Her anger faded, her struggle against her emotions ceased. She was helpless and unmovable. She would no longer fight a losing battle.

She was a soldier, she knew when the battle was lost. She could not win this fight. No matter how hard she tried. She couldn’t keep going.

Cyclone moved towards Twilight Sparkle. His armor seemed to let off much more of a noise as he walked over to Twilight. She noticed a spark of the blue magic she had seen earlier. It was gliding across his armor at a rapid speed. Twilight tried to keep track of it but it was too fast. It moved before Twilight could even get sight of it. All she could see was the slight light it produced that shined on his pitch black armor.

Cyclone took one final step, he was now directly in front of Twilight. He had waited for this moment for so very long. He was going to get his answer and finally bring his life back together. He made a promise to himself. And he would keep it no matter what.

Cyclone closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

‘I will be whole again, I will not end up like her.’

His eyes opened once again and they stared into Twilight's very soul. She would not be defiant like Tempest. His questions would be answered.

------------------------------------------------------------

“Everypo- Everycreature is here Princess” a Guard faced the Princess’s looking ahead with no real show of emotion, but if one were to look closer they would see that he was shaking slightly before remaining still like a stature once again.

To Princess Celestia it was no real challenge to see this action. She felt her heart sink as she saw one of her little ponies afraid of the future. There was no clear way forward and they had been looking to her for support but she had yet to provide anything for her ponies.

“Thank you my little pony, please make sure everycreature is comfortable and please bring the element bearers to me as soon as possible”. Celestia’s motherly tone seemed to calm the stallion as he saluted and trotted off without a second glance. Celestia had to be strong now she couldn’t afford to be weak not when her ponies needed her more than ever.

“Tia I can feel my magic returning but it is slow, it is as if something is stopping it from moving back to me”. Luna said quickly trotted up next to Celestia

“I can feel it for Luna, I don’t know what this Cyclone has done but he will not get away with this. I have faith in Twilight, she will find a way no matter what”.

“Unicorns are already working on finding out where they have gone, there are large magic signatures scattered all over the area where he teleported. It will take time to find both Twilight and Tempest. Let us hope it is soon”

“Umm not to put in or anything, actually yes let me but in very much. What are we going to do about them?” Discord was fast enough to pick up on the moment of silence and shoved his mismatched head in between the two sisters before pointing to the three giant elephants in the room.

Tirek, Cozy Glow and Queen Chrysalis were all in the corner of the room weakened and surrounded by no less than 20 guards. They had lost all the magic power they had stolen but that didn’t stop them from being any less dangerous…. Or any less annoying to one another.

At the moment they were shoving each other around in their new small corner they called home. Words were being shouted and flung at one another as they were unable to find even a sliver of common ground to work on.

Celestia and Luna both looked to one another for an answer before nodding simultaneously and speaking in perfect sync.

“Make them help us”

“Execu- Make them help us obviously” Luna was quick to correct herself before being stared at by the other two immortals in the room. She quickly gave out a big smile before backing up leaving the Draconequus and the Alicorn of the Sun to stare at her before they realized that she wasn’t coming back.

“Yea... so just to clarify, we are somehow going to get the three villians that just tried to destroy Equestria to somehow help us. That seems like a long shot even for me and my charm” Discord said questioning everything about this new plan.

“We don’t need them to help us entirely, we just need them to not help each other”. Celestia said giving a smug look to Discord.

------------------------------------------------------------

“T-that's all I know I-I promise” Twilight was in no way like Tempest, she wasn’t a soldier that had seen action and followed orders like her brother. She may have faced danger but she always had the support of her friends, but here. She was isolated, away from her friends. Away from her colleagues and family. She had only one pony that she could trust and she could do nothing but watch as her mind was plucked and prodded for questions by Cyclone.

“Then you're more useless than I thought. You have no idea where it is or where it could be do you”. Cyclone turned away from her before raising a hand to his armored head.

“N-no I don’t, I never kept track of it. It was taken somewhere in Canterlot but that's all I know so please just let us go”. Twilight shivered as his voice dipped into a much colder tone.

“You just forgot about it like it was a piece of trash. You completely ignored it as if it never existed, As if HE never existed. Ohhhh Twilight you aren’t going anywhere, not until my goals are complete and you have suffered for what you have done.”

Cyclone said no more after that. He simply looked from Twilight to Tempest and then back again before taking calm casual walking steps to the door.

He took one last glance behind him, his eye glowing a deep red before going through the door. His armored feet against the stone was the last thing they heard before the room was completely silent.

Twilight could do nothing as her situation became worse. She simply looked at the stone floor in front of her before closing her eyes. Hoping that her friends would find her soon.

------------------------------------------------------------

Cyclone left the room feeling nothing but annoyance and anger. He had got only a fraction of the answers he needed. His goal would be delayed even further because of this, but for now he would be patient.
After leaving the small dungeon room he headed straight to a separate room. Far from the dungeon where no one could find him. This was his haven, he would not be bothered by anycreature.

The room wasn’t very large and didn’t contain anything that seemed important. It was a simple room with shelves and a few large metal desks with various tools and glowing items atop it. There were other items scattered around the floor and hanging on various shelves.

Cyclone ignored these and instead went straight to an armor rack that was empty. He slowly took off his helmet, and looked at the reflection it gave off. He saw his white fur and his red eyes. He saw himself and nothing more. He saw his sadness and his rage but he couldn’t see anything beyond that.

He looked back to the armor rack and placed his helmet on it before removing the rest and placing it on the rack. He looked at the complete set before turning and going over to one of the metal desks.

He picked up a few tools on his way over before placing his items on the table. He cleared a space for his work before placing an object at the center of everything.

The Bewitching Bell glowed brightly with power but it seemed off. It sparked with power but everytime it would be a different color.

Cyclone grabbed a tool before beginning his work on the bell. It let off a sick crackle as he worked on it. He was not detected however. He didn’t hesitate to continue working even as the Bell sparked violently.

Comments ( 5 )

Luna was about to say 'Execute them'

Is Cyclone talking about the Storm King?

He's mad about his dad dying but he does know his dad was trying to steal all magic and enslave an innocent race right?

Why are they being punished for defending themselves?

Login or register to comment