• Published 30th Jan 2020
  • 1,531 Views, 14 Comments

The New Storm - ChaosKing23



A Newcomer Crashes the Final Showdown, neither side knows who he is but they soon realize what he is capable of.

  • ...
5
 14
 1,531

The Reason

Hundreds of miles away a large rune glowed brightly on the floor of a dungeon. It was the only light around and seemed to grow brighter and brighter by the second until with a final bright flash three beings appeared in the circle. The rune lost it’s glow and returned to just being symbols upon the ground.

Two of the beings collapse instantly due to unconsciousness. The other being fell to one knee breathing heavily and trying to catch his breath.

Cyclone would need time to recover from the effects of the rune. He knew the risks, but it didn’t matter now, he had what he wanted.

Cyclone stared at the ponies that he had taken with him. A pit formed in his stomach as he looked at them. But that pit soon turned into burning anger as he reminded himself why he was doing all this.

Cyclone turned around away from the ponies before heading off into the darkness that surrounded them.

It was Time to work

---------------

Silence filled the field as both villains and heroes stared upon the spot where Cyclone had teleported both Twilight and Tempest.

Princess Celestia was in shock. Her pupil and soon ruler of Equestria had just been kidnapped by a creature she barely knew anything about.

Celestia’s mind raced. She didn’t know what to do.

Celestia looked to her ponies and realized that most of them were looking to her for guidance. She put on a calm face, she had done this for a thousand years alone. She would lead her ponies to safety again no matter the situation.

“Sister, what do we do” Luna whispered, coming up beside Celestia to try and show the ponies that they were still in safe hooves.

“Right now we need to get everycreature to safety and help them. Many ponies are scattered around Equestria because of the Wendigos but we need to help them find their way back to us”. Celestia said to her sister as she looked at her ponies.

Celestia noticed that the other races were unsure of what to do and most looked to either their respective leader or Celestia for guidance.

“Everycreature we need to regroup and find out where Twilight went that much I am sure of, but for now we need to go back to Canterlot and make sure everycreature is okay. I will send some of my best unicorns to find out where both Twilight and Tempest went. And we will get her back that much I promise”. Celestia said trying to reisure the crowd.

Many ponies looked worried about what had happened to Twilight. The elements of Harmony and young six looked the most distraught as they realized that they couldn’t do much to help at the moment,

“Luna sent word to Cadence and Shining armor. We will need their support for the time until we can get back on our hooves”. Celestia said, turning to Luna.

“Of course sister, I will send word as soon as we get back to Canterlot”. Luna said she took a glance at the crowd that was beginning to get restless.

Both Celesita and Luna looked upon the crowd of ponies and others alike before turning back towards each other with worried looks.

“Will we be okay sister? I have never seen you like this before” Luna said, noticing Celestia struggling to maintain her composure.

“For the first time since your return, I am unsure of what is happening sister, I am even more unsure of what to do, I hope we can help our ponies in this time of danger”. Celestia said looking at the crowd that was preparing to leave.

Both sisters looked ahead in the direction of Canterlot. They both took one more glance at each other before heading to the broken city that had been their home for so long. As they both took the first step the others followed closely behind them.
---------------

...light
...wilight
“Twilight!”

Twilight's eyes opened abruptly as her ears were assaulted with somepony yelling her name. She quickly looked back and forth trying to find the cause of the noise but was unable to see anything, it was too dark.

“Over here Twilight”

Twilight spun here head to the sound of the voice as her eyes started to adjust to the darkness that was in front of her.

Twilight was able to make out the form of a pony that was lying up against a wall. Twilight couldn’t make out any distinct feature but was able to see that she had a horn, and it had no tip.

“.....Tempest? Is that you?” Twilight asked towards the only other pony in the room.

“Yea it's me, I don’t know where we ended up after that….huge blast of magic. I was unconscious when we got here. I woke up a while ago and I've just been waiting, trying to figure out what happened”. Tempest explained

Twilight glanced around the room trying to find anything she could recognize. The walls had no prominent details; they weren’t shining and clean like the ones at her crystal castle. They were dark, bleak and seemed to absorb all the light around them.

She looked to the other side of her and saw a door that seemed to lead out of the dark room. It was definitely not a door meant for ponies. It was tall and had no prominent details on it. It was a door leading out and that was all Twilight cared about at the moment.

Twilight out of instinct attempted to stand on all fours but didn’t have the strength to get up. She fell back down onto the floor but quickly pushed herself to try again. She got up almost halfway before falling down again. She breathed in air quickly while trying to figure out where all of her strength went.

Twilight was never the best pony at physical exercise but she wasn’t the worst either. She felt so weak and out of energy. Twilight had never been this tired just from trying to stand, it was like she had been drained of all her energy and motivation. She became simply content with just lying on the floor for as long as she needed to.

“Hey, take it easy, whatever that Cyclone guy did, it somehow weakened us a lot. I can barely move because of what he did and magic isn’t even an option. I can’t get a single spark on my end.” Tempest said in a worried state.

Twilight took another big gasp for air before trying to force magic out of her horn. If she could just get a single spark she would be able to force even more magic out of her horn and maybe get them out of the room they had been put in.

But no matter how hard Twilight pushed she couldn’t get anything to happen. No matter how much she focused or tried to reach her magic she couldn’t even sense a small spark of it. It was as if the magic inside her had been ripped out completely.

Twilight began to hyperventilate; she was the element of magic, magic can't just disappear from somepony. It can replenish over time so why did she not feel any of her magic replenishing. Magic can return to a pony in only a few hours and with Twilight's level of knowledge and being an alicorn she should have gotten all of her magic replenished by now.

“Twilight you have to calm down, I don’t know what's going on but whatever happened is affecting us. Right now the only thing we can do is wait fo-”

As Tempest was talking the only door to the small room opened violently and loudly as it was thrown off its hinges. The door landed on the ground in front of the two ponies. Not coming close enough to hurt either of them but scaring them both as it landed with a loud crash.

A dull blue light seemed to be burned into the door side. It glowed briefly like a hot burn mark before fading away making the room pitch black once more.

As Twilight and Tempest took in a breath of air, something shined from the hallway where the door was blocking. It became bright after a few seconds and both ponies had to cover their eyes. The light didn’t let up and even got closer to the two.

Twilight couldn’t see anything even though she was trying to look at what was causing the light.

It got close enough where Twilight could feel the sensation of the energy and felt the heat it was producing upon her fur. She directed her eyes over to Tempest trying to avoid blinding herself by looking at the light.

“You're awake, It took longer than I thought. I was under the impression that the new Princess of Equestria had a little more fight in her. I guess I was wrong”. Cyclone said. His voice was strained and seemed much less threatening than before.

The light began to lose its brightness as he said this and Twilight realized what she was looking at now.

It was Cyclone, he still had his armor on, but his presence was much different than it was earlier. Twilight could feel the amount of magic on him, it was much smaller than it was when they first met. His red eyes seemed to be more relaxed instead of the burning waves she had seen before. And his armor seemed to let off tiny sparks of some kind of blue energy.

“W-what? What did you do? W-why did you ponynap us and bring us here” Twilight asked her voice cracking and showing her obvious fear of the armored creature that stood before her.

“.....You still don’t get it.” Cyclone sighed to himself as he looked at the sight before him.

A pony that had made his life a shell of itself, without even the knowledge of doing so. It made his blood boil as he looked at Twilight Sparkle. The icon of Harmony and Friendship that so many creatures had rallied behind to help Equestria.

But what about creatures like him, ones that had been hurt by her wonderful ‘Friendship’ that solved all of Equestria’s issues.

She didn’t get to just ignore what she did. He wouldn't let her forget what she did to him. He wouldn't allow it. No matter what.

“I-I I don't understand, why did you attack me. Why did you hurt me and Tempest, but then suddenly took out Chrysalis and Tirek and Cozy Glow, what do you want from us??” Twilight asked desperately to understand what Cyclone wanted from her and Tempest. Desperate to understand what was happening even a little.


“What I want is something you can’t give me. What I want is you to pay for what you did. WHAT I WANT, is for you to suffer like I suffered”

“TO FEEL THE PAIN AS I DID”

“Because of your actions, because of your Friendship and Harmony that you cherish so much”

My life is a broken shattered, SACK OF SHIT THAT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME”. Cyclone breathed heavily as he let out his emotions to Twilight and Tempest. He looked at Twilight as she Flinched back each time he shouted at her.

Cyclone got closer and closer to Twilight in an Angry and Threatening manner. Twilight's ears swiveled back and flopped against the sides of her head. Cyclone was staring into the small pupils of Twilight eyes as she was assaulted by his anger and unrelenting shouts. She tried to move away from him, but was unable to even move, she was helpless.

“Leave her ALONE” Tempest shouted

Cyclone became quiet and seemed to lose his rage. Still breathing heavily he walked away from Twilight and took a few steps before stopping.

“But you can wait”

Cyclone looked down upon the other occupant of the room

“I’m gonna save you for last, this one will be first”. Cyclone stood in front of Tempest as her eyes turned to pinpricks.