• Published 22nd Dec 2019
  • 393 Views, 6 Comments

A Hearth Warming's Tempest - King Ice



Tempest Fizzlepop Shadow is an old mare who loves only one thing in life: Money. However, she hates a lot of things; one of them being hearth warming's. She is cruel to her employee Sunset Shimmer; however, three spirits decides to change her mind.

  • ...
 6
 393

Tempest and Sunset story for jqnexx

“Faster, faster! Imbecile!” An authoritative voice shouted in anger and impatience.

The voice belonged to a tall and dark orchid colored unicorn with a moderate rose mane. She wore a warm coat made of a delicate and expensive fur. She also had black boots shielding her from the coldness of the snow she was walking on. Her name was Tempest Fizzlepop Shadow. She had a great fortune and was well known among the nobles of Canterlot. She never shared her bits with anyone; sharing was for fools as her father said. That attitude considerably aided her in becoming what she was today, rich and great. That didn’t seem to ease her temper, though. Even more so when she was walking in the streets during this big snow fall. It was irritating for her to see or even come close to another pony, they were either beggars or fools; and she hated both. It would have been worse if she had to carry all her luggage and her goods.

Fortunately, someone else was doing it. And it was the very same pony Tempest had yelled at. She had a brilliant amber coat and a vivid crimson mane with yellow stripes. She was a young unicorn as shown by her skills in magic, holding a big part of Tempest’s luggage with it. However, she also carried multiple boxes on her back, making every step hard and painful as her hooves sank into the snow. She wore a thin coat with a few cuts, exposing her fur. Unluckily, she didn’t have any boots. Her name was Sunset Shimmer. She came from a family of craftsponies, and was poor. Her job was to serve Tempest, and it was the only one she could find due to her limited knowledge of anything else.

She disliked, nearly despised, her employer. Tempest was an hoary bat, and despised everything and anyone. She was cruel and only cared about herself. Sunset never saw her hurt anyone physically, but mentally was a different matter. Any pony that worked for her ran away, spitting at her name in disgust. The young unicorn often heard her complaining about how they were all insulting her behind her back because of their limitless jealousy towards her.

Sunset never spoke her mind, fearing she’d be fired and on the streets. The older unicorn was her only income. Regrettably, her husband fractured two of his legs in an accident and couldn’t continue his job. She was the only one that could bring money to her family. However, Tempest wasn’t making any of this easier. That mare was demanding and paid her poorly, all the while making her work for a huge amount of time every day.

“I don’t have time to lose! I’m busy today! And I need these goods at home as quickly as possible!” Tempest shouted again, turning her head to look at Sunset Shimmer. “If I’m late, it’s on you!” She added in an angered tone.

“I’m sorry, Miss Tempest. They’re really heavy,” Sunset Shimmer answered while grunting in exhaustion.

“You have no excuses; this is your job, and I’m the one paying you. Try not forgetting it,” Tempest replied with venom in her voice.

Sunset nodded, knowing arguing would only get her temper worse. They walked like this for about ten minutes until they finally came to Tempest’s house. It was lofty, big and could receive dozens of ponies. However, the older mare never received anyone; she didn’t want to. She preferred living alone, with a servant to yell at sometimes.

As soon as they entered, Sunset could finally drop the luggage she was holding. When the crushing weight left her back; she fell on the floor, panting. She needed rest or else she wouldn’t even be able to walk for the entire day! Unfortunately, Tempest had other plans.

“Looks like they’re not here yet… Good,” Tempest sighed in relief. Suddenly, her expression changed to one of anger. “How dare they be late?! Do they think I have all the time in the world?!” She grunted and stamped the floor. Then, she felt a shiver, feeling the cold in her home. She turned around and looked at Sunset, still sitting on the floor. “What are you waiting for? Light the fireplace before we freeze to death! Do I need to tell you everything?” She barked at her.

Sunset sighed, then stood up while Tempest took off her coat. Sunset concentrated magic in her horn, feeling pain again because of the huge amount she has already used. The wood logs beside started levitating, then were placed in the fireplace as it was lit.

Tempest breathed out as she felt the warm air travel on her fur. She quickly inspected the house’s furnitures, rubbing her hoof on a table. Looking closer, it looked like there was dust all over the place.

“I see you still didn’t dusted off this place. What were you waiting for? Hurry up before they come here!” She screamed at her servant.

“I’m sorry, Miss Tempest. It won’t happen again, I promise!” Sunset Shimmer replied as she started cleaning with the few equipments she had.

Sunset hated when Tempest received guests; she always adopted a terrible behavior, worse than the usual one. She wanted her house to be perfect. She cared much for her reputation and loved rubbing her fortune in the guests’ faces when they came. That’s what she’s always done since Sunset started working for her.

Ten minutes later, Sunset heard loud knocking on the door. It must have been the guests Tempest was waiting for. The servant opened the door, allowing two figures to enter. They were tall unicorns wearing large coat of fur and boots. They were the Flim and Flam brothers; the executives of a famous company.

“Come in and close the door quickly! It’s cold!” Tempest ordered as Sunset closed the door behind the two brothers. “Get your coats off and careful not to dirty up my floor with your boots,” She said to the two unicorns in a tone denuded of respect.

“We are happy to be here, Miss Tempest,” Flim said as he took off his boots and coat.

“I doubt it since you were so late…” Tempest grumbled while the two brothers looked at each other.

“Yes, something came up and delayed us, but we are here! May we go into your office to discuss the matter at hooves?” Flam replied while Sunset held their coats.

“My office? No need to. We can talk here,” Tempest answered dryly. “It’s about a partnership, isn’t it?”

“Yes! We heard you were one of the wealthiest unicorns in Canterlot! Our company has run into quite a few issues, but with a little funding we could overcome them! It will be an honor for us if you would be kind enough to help us by providing money to us,” Flim explained while his brother nodded.

“What will be my reward for this contribution?” Tempest asked in cold tone.

Sunset knew it well; she was expecting something great. The old unicorn wasn’t the kind of mare to lend money easily; she did it only once since Sunset started working for her. She kept her bits preciously.

“You will receive, monthly, five percent of our income! When our company takes back its place, we’ll be rich and you won’t regret it!” Flam answered as a hopeful and confident smile spread across his lips. However, Tempest frowned.

“That’s it? I demand fifty percent!” She replied before stamping the floor.

The brothers gasped.

“Fifty?! We can’t! That would ruin us!”

“Every single bit is precious, and I can’t spend mine without being sure they’ll be returned. If you can’t afford that, then there is no hope for you. Are you trying to bring me down with your company?” Tempest asked bitterly.

“Of course not! Please, Miss Tempest; grant us a favor. Dot it for the spirit of Hearth's Warming!” Flam said hopefully.

“Hearth's Warming? Why should I care if it’s Hearth's Warming? It’s apparent you are trying to extort my money! Out of my house! I don’t want to see you anymore!” She screamed. “Sunset! Give those thieves their coats back!”

Flim and Flam stepped out of the house after they put their coats back on. The door was slammed shut behind them. All they could do was lament while a Hearth's Warming choir sang beside them.

“Good riddance,” Tempest mumbled while Sunset sighed.

The younger unicorn approached her carefully.

“Miss Tempest, I have a favor to ask you,” She said hesitantly.

Tempest turned around, glaring at her.

“Could I leave early, please? I would like to spend Hearth's Warming with my family; they are waiting for me,”

“Leave early? Because of that cursed celebration?! You should be happy I gave you a job!”

“I’m sorry, but I take only one day off per year anyway,”

“Fine! Get out of here! Here is your payment!” Tempest shouted in reply as she handed her five bits.

“That’s it?” Sunset muttered in disappointment and sadness.

“You should be happy to even get that! You did a poor job today and are leaving prematurely on top of that!”

Sunset Shimmer looked down, then nodded. She knew it was useless to argue with Tempest; that mare was stubborn. It looked like she wouldn’t be able to afford gifts for her husband and foal this year, again.

She left the house in sorrow. However, she still hoped Tempest could one day find compassion in her heart. Unknown to her, that hope lit the tip of her horn, creating an orange light which flew to Tempest’s house.

***

At midnight

Tempest Fizzlepop put out the candle of her room as she slipped under her blankets, ready to sleep. Her day was bad enough as it was; she didn’t need making it worse by going to sleep late as usual. However, the light of the candle returned, making her open her eyes. She grunted, then put it out. Unfortunately, it was lit again. Before she could put it out, the flame grew bigger. Tempest gasped as she fell off her bed, crawling back while the flame grew stronger. She screamed in panic, thinking her house had caught on fire; however, the flame stopped growing and took the form of a pony. Tempest narrowed her eyes, slowly recognizing the ghostly figure that was in front of her. It was Sunset Shimmer! But younger; she looked like a teen.

“What are you doing here?! Didn’t I scream enough at you, Sunset?!” Tempest screamed as she stood up.

“I am not Sunset, silly! I am The Ghost of Hearth's Warming Past!” The ghost answered in a playful manner.

“A ghost? Hearth's Warming? What are you blabbering about, idiot?! Go back to your house and leave my home! The day I believe in ghosts and Hearth's Warming’ spirit is the day I die!”

Past Sunset raised an eyebrow, then smirked. Suddenly, the walls caught on fire while the planks of the floor were ripped apart and started flying around. Tempest screamed in fear as she fell on her butt, barely avoiding a plank.

“Alright! Alright! I believe you! Stop!” She shouted; covering her head with her hooves. Everything went silent as she said that, the flames disappeared and the floor was back to normal. “Why are you here, great spirit?”

“As I said, I am The Ghost of Hearth's Warming Past. I come here to help you and so do the next spirits: The Ghost of Hearth's Warming Present and The Ghost of Hearth's Warming Yet to Come,” Past explained as Tempest looked confused.

“Help? I don’t understand,” She stuttered.

“You soon will; grab my hoof,” Past Sunset extended her leg.

“I-I don’t have a choice, do I?” Tempest muttered as she grabbed the ghost’s hoof.

Suddenly, the floor disappeared as both of them were propelled outside of the house. Tempest screamed her lungs out in shock and terror while flying at a speed she never felt before. Beside her, Past Sunset laughed at her reaction. Then, they stopped instantly. The unicorn was dropped on the cold ground, in a pile of snow and ice. She grunted and slowly got up. Then, looked around.

Her eyes widened in surprise and shock as she recognised the street she was standing in. In front of her was a mansion, slightly littler than hers. However, it was a mansion that she could never forget, one that would always warm her cold heart. She felt small tears rolling down her cheeks.

“Are you crying? What a surprise! I didn’t know you could do that!” Past Sunset snickered. “Is it familiar? Do you miss it?”

“Of course! This is where I grew up. Where I lived as a filly; I could never forget it,” Tempest answered. Suddenly, two figures ran through Tempest and the ghost. The unicorn yelped in startlement as she backed off. The figures were two foals chasing and throwing snowballs at each other.

She looked around and saw multiple other foals playing in the snow, all with happy looks. One blue unicorn filly threw snowballs at a green earth pony. Meanwhile, a rainbow-maned pegasus had fun scaring them off with clouds.

“It looks like they’re having fun,” Past Sunset commented. Tempest looked away, saddened. “However, there is one little foal missing, isn’t there?” Tempest nodded. “Why isn’t she playing with the others?”

“She can’t. She never could,” Tempest answered as the world around them changed into the indoors of the mansion.

There, sat a little filly, looking through the window. It was a younger Tempest Fizzlepop. She looked sad and bored.

“Fizzlepop! Lunch is ready!” A voice called out. The young filly stood up before going to the kitchen.

Tempest had to hold back her tears again as she heard the voice of her mother. She followed the filly and finally saw her parents. It has been so many years since she saw their faces, since she even talked to them. It was impossible today.

“Can I go outside after lunch, please?” The filly asked with a hopeful tone.

Before her mother could muster an answer, she was interrupted by a stallion sitting by the table.

“No, you know very well you have work to do. It is needed if you want to inherit my company,” Her father scolded in a cold tone. “Games are useless. Friends are useless. You should learn by now,”

“He was a hardheaded stallion, wasn’t he?” Past Sunset asked.

“He believed playing was a loss of time and money. He was a realist and firmly believed dreams and games were for foals and idealists. He taught me the importance of bits… Rare were the times he was at home,” Tempest answered tonelessly.

“He will die three years following this Hearth's Warming. And your mother joined him soon after,” Past Sunset commented at Tempest’s great irritation as she remembered how she learned about their deaths.

“Why are you showing me this?! To remind me my father is dead? That he never cared about me?!” She screamed while the little family ate in silence.

“Do you miss him?” Past Sunset asked with a smirk.

Tempest looked away, refusing to answer the question. Past Sunset shook her head, and their surroundings changed again. This time, they were in a park where the ground was covered with snow. Tempest looked up and saw herself, more like a teenage version of her.

Teenage Tempest was smiling while looking at a specific figure, a figure that belonged to a tall and grey unicorn.

“Mister Neighsay!” Tempest exclaimed as a smile came to her face. That unicorn was her employer many years ago and was a good friend too. She would never forget him; seeing his face again was pure joy. She felt like a teenager again! Speaking about it, her teenage-self was joining the tall unicorn now!

“Mr Neighsay! What are you doing here?” Teenage Tempest greeted him with a smile.

“I was merely passing through! I came here to buy some supplies for the celebration!” Neighsay answered as he pointed at the bags he was carrying. “Anyway, I have to go. It looks like somepony else want to speak to you! Merry Hearth's Warming!” Neighsay cheerfully said before walking past her.

Somepony else? Who is he talking about?” Teenage Tempest thought aloud in confusion. Suddenly, a snowball hit her right in the face, making her step back. She shook her head to get the snow off, then looked around. Her eyes met a lavender unicorn about the same age as her.

“You shouldn’t let your guard down, Fizzlepop!” The unicorn laughed as she threw another snowball. Teenage Tempest jumped out of the way just in time to avoid it.

“I should have known it’d be you, Twilight!” Teenage Tempest before making a snowball.

They spent the next minutes throwing snowballs at each other, playing in the snow like foals. Tempest smiled at this memory.

“You are having fun,” past Sunset smiled.

“Yes, how couldn’t I? She was my best friend,” Tempest replied.

“And yet, you pushed her away. You denied your friendship and threw her away,” Past Sunset said in a cheerful tone.

“We chose different lifestyles,” Tempest grunted.

“You chose; she didn’t. You forced her out of your life because of your greed; she despised the mare you became,” Past Sunset snickered, which angered Tempest.

“Shut it,” She muttered through her gritted teeth.

“You became insensitive and cruel. Or were you merely listening to your father?” Past Sunset added, ignoring the rising anger in Tempest.

“Shut your mouth!” The unicorn raised her voice, having enough of this.

“Friends aren’t what you needed to keep your fortune, are they?” Past Sunset said with a smug look.

“Stop it!”

Suddenly, Past Sunset’s head shifted, slowly turning into a familiar face. It was her father!

“Games are useless. Friends are useless.” Past Sunset said with her father’s voice.

“Stop it!” Tempest screamed atop of her lungs. She lit her horn and used all her magic to blast the spirit away. Blasting her into confetti. Tempest panted as nothing from the spirit remained. Suddenly, her surroundings changed again. She was back in her house, the house she currently lived in! Was all of this nonsense over? Just as she was about to breath out in relief and go back in bed; a broad light illuminated the room as flames appeared out of nowhere and danced on the floor. Tempest screamed for the gazillionth time this night.

“Stay calm; there is nothing to fear,” A calm voice said.

Tempest hesitantly opened her eyes and looked ahead. This is when she saw it. The newcomer was Sunset again; however, she had bright white glowing horn, a fiery mane and a yellow dress. The dark orchid colored unicorn gulped in anxiety.

“Are you The Ghost of Hearth's Warming Present?” She asked in a whisper.

“That’s right, it looks like you already went on a trip with one of my siblings,” Present Sunset pointed out.

“Oh, she was your sister?”

“One of them, yes,”

“How many siblings do you have exactly?” Tempest asked, growing calmer, but still scared.

“Too many for you to count,”

Tempest looked around, unsure of what would come next. She stepped forward.

“Are you going to show me something?”

Just as those words came out of her mouth, Present Sunset smiled for the first time. Suddenly, huge flames spread out of her horn and flew towards Tempest. Fizzlepop screamed and tried to run, but it was too late. The fire caught up to her and engulfed her body. However, they didn’t burn, Tempest barely felt any heat! She slowly opened her eyes; she wasn’t in her house anymore! She was floating in the air above Canterlot. It was so different from up here. She could see foals playing with each other. A little family singing as they walked with multiple luggage on their backs.

“So? How is it like to see the city like a pegasus would perceive it?” Present Sunset asked, flying beside Tempest.

“It’s… special,” Tempest answered in doubt. Present Sunset smirked as they suddenly started to move. Tempest jerked back, feeling pulled towards another location. They quickly arrived above a house Tempest had never seen before. It was smaller than hers and didn’t look as comfy. “Where are we?”

“Look closer,”

Suddenly, Tempest was dropped from the sky! She screamed as she was free falling. Fortunately, she didn’t fall on the roof, but through it! As she did so; she stopped falling and simply floated to the floor. She panted and gripped her chest to calm her heart down. Then finally looked around her. She was inside the house; a stallion with two broken legs was reading the journal while a colt was playing with a wooden doll. Tempest didn’t recognise them until the front door was opened, and Sunset Shimmer came in.

“Mom! You’re back!” The foal shouted as he ran to hug her.

“I’m happy to see you too,” Sunset Shimmer said with a warm smile.

Meanwhile, the stallion, her husband Sandy was staring at her. He noticed his wife wasn’t carrying any luggage or supplies for the celebration. Sunset returned his gaze; she sighed and shook her head.

“They look like a happy family, don’t they?” Present Sunset asked as she looked at the three ponies. Tempest remained silent. “Too bad they look so poor,”

“What did you buy, mom? I can’t wait to finally enjoy a real meal!” The foal, Snowy, said cheerfully.

“I’m sorry, but I didn’t have enough bits to buy something… We won’t celebrate this year…” Sunset answered sadly. Snowy looked down; he didn’t cry since he was expecting something like this. It wasn’t the first time, but it always hurt. “I wasn’t paid as good as usual today,”

“Of course it’d be Tempest Shadow’s fault! That old hag doesn’t care about anypony but herself!” Sandy screamed in anger, having anticipated it’d be Tempest’s fault. Snowy stepped back, startled by his father’s screams.

Tempest glared at him, ready to strangle that pony. Nobody was allowed to talk like this about her! Present Sunset only stared at the unicorn, not saying anything.

“Sandy, calm down please… Don’t loathe her…”

“How couldn’t I? She’s self-absorbed, and now she’s a thief!”

“Please, stop. She was the only one that wanted me. I’m lucky she gave me a job and pays me right. We should be grateful,” Sunset replied in a scolding tone.

“Lucky? Grateful? As if! She’s a heartless prick, and you know it!” Sandy shouted before coughing. Sunset ran to him and used her magic to help him as much as she could. “If that were the… truth… Then we’d have enough… bits to live!” He panted in pain, his throat hurting.

“Stop screaming. And don’t overwork your body; you’re not in shape for that,” Sunset scolded him while Snowy looked down, scared for his father’s health.

“What is happening to him?” Tempest asked, slowly forgetting he was insulting her earlier.

“He is ill, very ill. A disease that could spread fast, but that can be healed… If you have enough bits,” Present Sunset answered grimly.

“What… What will happen?” Tempest asked, stuttering, and dreading the answer.

“I see an decrepit house in ruins. In which lives a lone mare, crippled by despair,” Present Sunset answered in a cold and grim tone.

Tempest’s lips trembled as she slowly realised the possible future.

“Don’t tell me...”

“Sandy and Snowy will die and Sunset Shimmer will live forever alone in darkness. A darkness created by your own ignorance and greed,” Present Sunset said in a raspy voice.

“No… No… No! I didn’t cause this!” Tempest screamed as Present Sunset started to laugh. Tempest stepped back in fear; however, Present Sunset lit her horn and blasted all their surroundings. Tempest felt a burning pain travel through her body as she fell from a great height to a cold floor. She stood up, the pain miraculously fading away; then looked around. She was in a dark and cold street in dead silence. “Is anypony there?” She asked hesitantly when suddenly, a cloaked shadow with the form of a pony rose in front of her. “Are… Are you The Ghost of Hearth's Warming Yet to Come?” The shadow remained silent even after the question escaped her mouth. “Show me whatever you want, then leave me alone…”

Suddenly, the shadow’s hoof rose from the floor and tried to slam Tempest. However, the unicorn reacted just in time and jumped on the side as she has screamed yet again. The shadow tried slamming her again multiple times. Although she dodged them all, one of the hits threw her rolling down the road and colliding with pointy rocks. She grunted in pain and opened her eyes. Two unknown unicorns were staring at her; she remained on the ground until one of them spoke up.

“That’s her alright!”

“She really is dead, then!

“Good riddance! She was a crazy old bat!”

“Did she have an inheritor?”

“Not that I know of,”

“Great! That means we could go and seize a few things out of her house!”

Tempest stood up, ready to attack and insult them; however, their figures turned to dust. She stepped back, and as she did so; other figures appeared. They were two unicorns she didn’t even recognise. It looked like they were in her house and were taking her furnitures!

“Was that one of her dresses? You shouldn’t take it,”

“Yes, my daughter wanted a new dress, so I’ll get her this one! Why shouldn’t why? She won’t protest where she is right now!” The mare laughed.

“Yeah, but who knows what kind of infectious disease it had,”

“Bah! I wouldn’t worry about it! She made sure to never cross paths with the filth as she called it!”

Both unicorns laughed as Tempest glared at them. It couldn’t be! Those ponies she saw couldn’t have been talking about her! Suddenly, the roar of thunder was heard as the ghost from before appeared again, wielding an axe. Tempest ran away as it slammed the axe on the floor. She ran as fast as she could and jumped inside the first room she saw. Then, she closed the door. When she turned around to scope around the room; she noticed a white sheet covering something with the same form of a body. Thunder roared again as she stepped back in fear. The form looked familiar, but it couldn’t be! She couldn’t accept that!

The shadow appeared again and pointed at the figure lying in her bed under the white sheet.

“I know… I already know what is under that… please, make this nightmare stop…” Tempest whispered before remembering the ponies she saw now and earlier. “They were talking about it… Please… If there is one, even a single soul that is affected by this event, show them to me…” She said hopefully.

The shadow pointed at the wall as screen appeared on the wall. It showed an old lavender unicorn, who was reading a journal. It was Twilight Sparkle again! Suddenly, a female blue pegasus entered the room.

“You heard about it, Twilight?” The pegasus asked as Twilight looked at her in confusion.“It’s about you-know-who; she died yesterday,”

“Oh, alright,” She simply answered, not seemingly moved by the news. Tempest’s face changed to shock and… betrayal.

“I thought you had always wanted to fix your friendship; you don’t seem to be saddened by her death, though,”

“I gave up on this a long time ago. Honestly? I’m already happy as I am now. So no, I do not care if she’s gone… she became a stranger years ago,”

Tempest looked down in sorrow and despair. Suddenly, the floor broke and she started falling again. This time, her screams didn’t last long as she hit the snow-covered ground during a terrible blizzard. In front of her was a tombstone covered with snow. The shadow appeared beside it as Tempest’s lips trembled.

“Before I see the name on that grave… I want to make sure… It’s me isn’t?! My body is buried here! And it was my body under that sheet!” She screamed with tears rolling down her cheeks. The shadow pointed at the tombstone, making the snow disappear. The name was finally revealed: Tempest Fizzlepop Shadow. Tempest stepped back, then kneeled and looked at the shadow with pleading eyes. “No! I don’t want for it to end like that! Please, tell me I can change that future! If I change my behavior right now; will I alter anything?!” She asked in a despair-filled voice.

The shadow didn’t reply and summoned a bunch of dark ponies. Tempest screamed for the last time as they all jumped on her while she was slowly getting buried under the snow.

Suddenly, she opened her eyes. Looked around and saw she was on the floor of her room. She ran to her window and had to close her eyes to protect them from the sunlight.

“I-I’m alive!” She smiled happily as she jumped around. She knew what she had to do.

***

“I’m sorry, Snowy,” Sunset Shimmer apologized to her son as he cried, knowing they couldn’t celebrate Hearth’s Warming again.

Sandy opened his mouth to yet again rant about Sunset’s boss until they heard a loud knocking on the door. Sunset stood up and opened the door, and saw to her shock and surprise, Tempest Fizzlepop Shadow.

“Miss Tempest? What are you doing here?” She asked while her husband and son waited behind, confused.

“To celebrate!” The older unicorn replied happily as she entered their house. Sunset widened her eyes when she finally noticed what she was carrying: wrapped gifts, a fir tree, and even food! The family stood mouth agape in shock. “Well? Aren’t you going to help me?” She asked slyly.

“Yay!” Snowy shouted as he ran to what Tempest had brought. Tempest had patted his head before he hugged her.

“I can’t believe it…” Sandy whispered, thinking it was a dream.

“Miss Tempest… I don’t know what to say…” Sunset said as she felt tears in her eyes.

“Please, call me Fizzlepop. Why don’t we cook a dinner worth this celebration?” Tempest asked as Sunset looked dumbfounded, then nodded before wiping her tears away.

“Yes, let’s do this! Get the table ready! We’re going to have one hell of night!” Sunset shouted in excitement to her family as they cheered.

This year’s Hearth’s Warming had been the best Sunset’s family had since a long time. Fizzlepop helped and cared for them the years after, lending them money when needed to. And all of their next Hearth’s Warmings were wonderful and loved moments. Fizzlepop became Sunset’s closest friend and a part of their family.

Comments ( 6 )

hmm well this is a Dickins of a fic:scootangel::trollestia:

it was ok

It was kinda ok.
I don't have much to say. Looked sort of boring to me (imo there isn't much original thought after what Hasbro already did with "Christmas Carol"), but don't let that dissuade you from writing more.

10025881
Thanks; I would have like to write more and put more ideas, but the word limit wasn't high enough

10025886
I feel ya.
Sometimes less is more ;)

Login or register to comment