• Published 19th Aug 2012
  • 2,668 Views, 65 Comments

For Her Happiness - Wayward Mind



Rainbow Dash confesses her love to Fluttershy, but Fluttershy doesn't feel the same way.

  • ...
2
 65
 2,668

Take A Second To Think

Fluttershy was in a bright meadow, full of beautiful wildflowers. The sky was calm, no clouds in sight, and the grass swayed in the wind. Fluttershy felt so safe in this quiet place, although she had no idea how she got here. The last thing she remembered was talking to Rainbow Dash...

Almost as soon as she spoke those words, large storm clouds rolled through the sky, blocking out the warm light. Everything was cold, and it only got worse when it started to rain. Fluttershy tried to run to the safety of the forest, but the meadow seemed to expand infinitely.

Fluttershy screamed when something grabbed her from behind. The hooves flipped her onto her back roughly, and the yellow mare saw a pair of evil magenta eyes. “R-Rainbow Dash?W-what are you doing?” The cyan mare only laughed, and Fluttershy saw that Dash was wearing a Wonderbolts uniform, with the goggles off.

Fluttershy didn't want to believe that it was her friend pinning her down like this, but the rainbow mane was unmistakable. “Rainbow, let me go! Please!” The cyan mare only leaned closer.

“No! You're mine now, and you always will be. Look, everypony else agrees!”

Fluttershy didn't know what the evil Dash meant, until she looked into the sky. Her friend's heads were floating there, watching the entire scene. Lightning flashed in the background, lighting up her friend's heads with an eerie gleam.

The Rarity head spoke first.

“This is just sooooo romantic! I must make you two matching outfits!”

Twilight Sparkle spoke next. “Dear Princess Celestia, today I learned that when two ponies love each other very much, nothing can stop them from being together for the rest of eternity!” She continued to speak in the backround, but her words were drowned out by an orange pony-head.

Applejack gave her a glance, saying, “Now, sugercube, you ain't havin' second thoughts, are ya'll? After all we did to make this one spankin' good party!”

Pinkie Pie floated right in front of her face, cheering, “Yeah, you Pinkie Promised you would love her forever! Fore-EVER! Besides, it's not everyday you get married!”

“Wait, I'm not getting-” Fluttershy looked down at herself, finding that she was know wearing a beautiful wedding dress. She looked over and saw Dash wearing a tuxedo and a top hat, with some of the wildflowers adorning her chest. They were standing next to an alter, Angel conducting the final parts of the ceremony in minister's robes.

Rarity seemed to squeal with excitement. “Oh darling, what do you think? That dress is simply gorgeous, isn't it? I made them specifically-”

Applejack inturrupted her. “Just wait until yah see the the cake Ah made!” Suddenly a large greean cake appeared, decorated with swirls of frosting. At the top, Fluttershy coud see two small figurines of her and Dash. The rain seemed to mot affect the cake at all.


Twilight's voice could now be heard. “By the power invested in me, as Celestia's personal protégé, I now pronounce you, mare and bride! You may now kiss the bride.”

As the bunny gestured for the brides to kiss, Rainbow Dash gave the yellow pony an evil grin. “Why do you look so scared, Fluttershy? You said you loved me, right?”

She roughly grabbed Fluttershy's head with a hoof, and leaned in. Fluttershy could only watch in horror as the rainbow pegasus came closer and closer, all her friends cheering and hoofing in the backround...

Fluttershy flew out of bed in terror, flying into a wall. After clumsily getting to her hooves, she glanced at herself, to make sure she wasn't in a wedding dress. Rainbow wasn't there either.

It was all just a horrible nightmare...

Fluttershy looked of her window to see Celestia's sun peeking out of the treetops. Which meant it was time to feed the animals.

As Fluttershy did her job, she couldn't stop thinking about her dream. Rainbow looked so... evil. Is that what my life is going to be like now? Fluttershy shook her head, angry at herself for thinking that. That was just a nightmare, Rainbow doesn't act like that. Rainbow is nice, she would never do that to me.

Fluttershy grabbed a carrot, heading over to feed Angel. She noticed that her animals were shying away from her as she feed them, and Fluttershy had no idea why. She quickly knocked on Angel's small door, and the bunny emerged.

“Here you go, Angel. One nice, tasty carrot just for you!” Fluttershy cooed. Once again, the bunny refused to eat the veggie, his nose upturned. For the first time in her life, Fluttershy felt irritated by this. “But... Angel... this carrot is good for you!” She pushed the carrot a little closer to his face.

With a well placed kick, the carrot was sent flying away. The bunny gave her a little glare, which turned into a wide-eyed stare when he saw the pegasus with her head down, shaking. Assuming that she was crying, the bunny jumped to her hoof, trying to comfort her.

All the animals watched closely, feeling cautious. When Fluttershy started to speak, Angel knew he was wrong about her being sad.

“You're such a mean little bunny, Angel. Why can't you just accept what you get?” She got onto her hooves, face still hidden with her hair. She was shaking even more now, her hooves unsteady.

“Sometimes you don't get what you want. But that doesn't mean you can make a fuss about it.” The animals started to back up, terrified. Angel was frozen in fear.

Fluttershy suddenly towered over the small bunny, her large angry eyes freezing him to the ground. “Why can't you just be happy!” she yelled at him. She flew over to the carrot, grabbed it, and shoved it into his little paws. “Now eat your stupid carrot! I've got more important things to worry about!” She snorted at the bunny, and went outside to feed the rest of her animals.

Angel was left there in the middle of the room, still frozen with shock.

Rainbow Dash zoomed through the sky, enjoying the wind on her mane. The ground blurred under her, a flurry of colors. The sun shone on her cyan coat, but that wasn't the thing that was filling Rainbow with warmth. It was thoughts of a butter-yellow pegasus with a soft pink mane that was making Dash's heart soar.

Rainbow Dash flew faster and faster, driven by an unknown force. Everything in the world is awesome! I feel like I could do anything! The cyan pony dodged incoming clouds with ease, even at the speed she was going. She felt a resistance gathering around her, but didn't slow for anything.

I can't believe she likes me back! I thought for sure she was gonna reject me, the look on her face... Dash remembered the fearful look she thought she had seen in those beautiful eyes. I must have been mistaken, why would she be afraid? After all, we love each other, right? Rainbow Dash grinned at the word, not noticing the resistance growing more powerful with every wing-flap.

If somepony had told me before that I'd be in love, especially with Fluttershy, I would've laughed. But look at me now! I'm getting so sappy over that mare. Dash's speed reached peak level, and the barrier around her was cracking. She closed her eyes with happiness as the sky exploded with a brilliant rainbow.

I just love you so much, Fluttershy...

Why did I yell at Angel? I feel so bad...

Fluttershy had just finished feeding all her animals and was now sitting out side her house. She didn't want to go back inside yet, fearing that Angel would still be there, looking at her with those eyes. She hadn't meant to scream at Angel, but she was just... so... angry.

Fluttershy darted under a bush when a sudden explosion shook the earth. The yellow pony stared in amazement as a Sonic Rainboom expand across the sky, a rainbow trail flying away from it.

It's so... beautiful... Fluttershy watched the rainbow trail zoom upwards, corkscrewing in the air before slowing down. The rainbow lingered for a moment, but then dissipated. Fluttershy thought she saw a cyan speck flying back down.

Dash does the most amazing things...

Flutershy was still sitting outside her house when Rainbow Dash landed right outside her front lawn. The cyan pegasus was holding a bunch of wildflowers in her mouth, and placed them at the shy pony's feet. “Here, I, uh, brought you a snack.” Fluttershy blushed furiously. “Th-thank you, Rainbow Dash.” The cyan pony scratched the back of her head, saying, “I thought- maybe today- we could go and, I don't know, have breakfast together?” Fluttershy's eyes widened with fear and she stiffened, imagining going on a date with Dash in public.

Please no, please no, I'm not ready, nonono-

Rainbow noticed the look on Fluttershy's face and blurted, “No, not in Ponyville! I mean, not saying I don't want to be seen in public with you, but, I mean... a picnic. I've got it set up in a clearing I found. I was wondering if you maybe wanted to come with me?”

Fluttershy relaxed, knowing that everything was still secret. She couldn't imagine what her friends would say about the two of them. Oh wait, she could. Exactly what they had said in her dream. And with a small gasp, Fluttershy realized that the wildflowers at her feet looked exactly like the ones in her nightmare.

There's no way that's real. It's just a silly coincidence, Rainbow and I are not getting married. More likely, Dash is going to realize how pathetic I am and run off with someone like... I don't know... Applejack.

Rainbow coughed a little, and Fluttershy realized that she hadn't given her an answer. “Oh, yes, that would be p-perfect.” Dash grinned.

“Alright, let's go! Oh, are you ready? Cause I'm good with waiting.” And with that, Dash plopped onto her rump, tail swishing back and forth. Fluttershy got onto her hooves and meekly said, “No no... I'm ready.”

“Woo! Let's go eat!” The two mares walked off towards their destination, not noticing the rustle in the bushes behind them, and the occasional flash of color as something darted across the road.

“Ta-da!” Rainbow Dash gestured with an arch of her hoof to the in front of them. She knew Fluttershy would love it, it was just the kind of place for a shy, cute little pegasus like her. Rainbow could feel her shaking with excitement beside her, and knew that her date was going to be a success.

When they walked forward, their hooves were engulfed with the same type of wildflowers that Rainbow had picked early for Fluttershy. The yellow pegasus was pressing her warm body against the cyan pony, and Rainbow felt her heart soar into the clouds above.

I knew she loved me back.

Within moments, they found the plaid blanket with their breakfast. Rainbow had carefully chosen all of Fluttershy's favorite breakfast foods, like petal salads and other healthy stuff. She had also dusted off her old fancy-shmancy plates from her dark attic and grabbed a vase with flowers off her fireplace. Dash hoped that Fluttershy would see all the hard work she put into making this the best date ever.

“So… what do ya’ think? Awesome? Better than awesome?”

“It’s, umm, really great, Rainbow. Th-thanks.”

Rainbow saw Fluttershy glance around them, her expression hidden by her long pink mane. But obviously she was looking around with wonder and stuff, right? The giant flower field was the perfect place to have a first date, and even she, Rainbow Dash, thought it was nice.

And so, they began their first date. At first things were a little awkward, Rainbow Dash couldn’t find anything to say and Fluttershy was still hiding away in her mane. But then Rainbow Dash knew what would make Fluttershy more comfortable.

“So, guess what I saw today, Flutters.”

“Umm, what?”

“Well, I was trotting around in Ponyville, weird right? Me, trotting. Anyway, I was in Ponyville and I saw some little baby ducks following this big duck around.”

“Really? Oh my goodness, that must mean Daisy’s eggs hatched! Squee!”

And so they talked, for so long that they barely noticed how far Celestia’s sun had moved across the sky. Sometimes they laughed, sometimes they just ate, but the entire time both felt completely happy.

Rainbow had just finished telling a joke about a unicorn, a bee, and a flugelhorn. Fluttershy was laughing so hard there were tears in her eyes. But as the yellow Pegasus finally stopped laughing, Rainbow decided that it was time to make her move.

Leaning closer to the shy Pegasus, Rainbow Dash touched Fluttershy’s cheek with her hoof. She saw Flutters’ wide blue eyes grow wider than Rainbow thought possible. Softly holding the mare’s head, she leaned in closer and closer…

Only to fall to the ground flat, Fluttershy having suddenly disappeared. Rainbow could have screamed in frustration, but someone did that for her.

“Aww, come on!”

Comments ( 23 )

Alright, I know the endings a little fast, but I just wanted to get this out of my head and on digital paper. I'm actually happy with this chapter, and I hope everyone else is! :pinkiehappy: I love all of my watchers and readers, so please comment, like or fav! Thanks for waiting for so long, I know I've been gone a long time. Thanks so much for reading! :yay:

1624367 Me gusta that pic. I didn't see the magic of romance fics, until you shared its squees with me!

Well this is good, at least they had a nice date so far! Even with the mishap at the end...XD But it's nice that slowly but surely Fluttershy seems to be feeling a little more at ease, so that's good. :pinkiehappy:

Hesitant as I may be, I still look forward to how this unfolds! :twilightsmile:

It was also great to see Rainbow Dash's perspective, too! How adorable, she really does love Fluttershy! Not that I doubted it, but it's nice that we see her side of things too. :yay:

1625909 Thanks for review! I'm glad to see what some readers are thinking so far, but you may learn to hate me for what I'll put them through! dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/discord.png MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Wait... what do you mean by hesitant? :rainbowhuh:

Yeah, I decided I'd had enough with typing in Fluttershy's perspective. Time to bring a Dash of Rainbow to this party! dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/misc_Rainbow_dealwithit.png

1627669 xD No, I'll just cry. :derpytongue2:

1632457 Hmm, I wonder if that was actually Sweetie Belle...

arch.413chan.net/1288859782062.jpg

1633046 hey! get back to work!

1633083 Only if the next chapter is longer >=\

Oh, im late. Sorry for that. Good chapter though, i laughed and agreed with Fluttershy's tought abou Rainbow end up with Applejack. I bet the one that followed them both was Pinkie Pie, she looks like she would do something like this.

Btw, LONGER CHAPTERS!!!!!

Nah, just kidding, do it your way, keep your pace, but keep them coming

Spoiler alert: The story ends kinda like this.
2.bp.blogspot.com/-VTLjCO8fiMU/UKLxDbEXOjI/AAAAAAAAALM/OAYDD5PtzZU/s1600/TrainWreck.jpg
Honestly, I feel much worse for Dash than Fluttershy. She's going to find out the truth or Fluttershy will tell her, and her whole world will come crashing down around her.

1624427 Win. Win, win, win, win, win. :rainbowlaugh: That is the official theme song of MLP romance fanfics . . .

Also this is a really good fanfic. ONWARD, MY AUTHOR!

I FINALLY FOUND IT. I read this story when i first joined this site and i forgot to like it. Anyways this is one of the shipfics ive ever read. So pleeeeease keep this going.

Not bad! Good job, ill be looking forward to future stories like his!

Poor, Unknowing Rainbow. My sympathy lies with her, for once.
~Wywint

I feel bad for Dash....

4802809
I'm with you there GoldyBoi:raritycry::raritycry:

Login or register to comment