• Published 13th Jan 2020
  • 283 Views, 5 Comments

Elemental! (Remastered) - MlpHero



Element Aura, a young, foster Earth Pony who has run from many foster homes, ends up in Ponyville, where he finds a secret that will change his life forever.

  • ...
1
 5
 283

Chapter 3: A Trip to Canterlot

Element Aura looked at the school, which seemed to be mounted to the side of a mountain. Boltfire looked towards his brother, “well come on, let’s go.”

Element Aura nodded and followed his brother towards the entrance door. Crimson opened the door and let the other two walk in. The school was really nice looking, almost like a castle. The three brothers walked down the hallway. Many ponies gave him a friendly smile and wave as he walked down the hallway. Element Aura never had this much attention drawn towards him. While walking, Element Aura bumped into someone.

“Oof!”

He looked down to his hooves. There on the floor was a small purple dragon. “Oh crap! I’m sorry about that,” he said, helping the dragon up.

The dragon brushed himself off, “it’s okay.” He looked up to the siblings, “my name’s Spike, what’s yours?”

“Element Aura, Aura for short.”

“Element Aura, has a nice ring to it.”

“Thanks Spike.”

Crimson and Boltfire walked over to the two. “Hey Spike,” Crimson said.

“Hey Bolt, hey Crimson.” Spike looked over to Element Aura, “is he a new friend?”

“Yes and no,” Boltfire said.

“What do you mean?”

“Well he’s also our brother,” Crimson answered.

“Yeah, remember how Headmare Twilight said we were getting a new student? Well this is him.”

“Ah! Now I know that name sounds so familiar!” Spike said, “everypony’s probably waiting for you! Let’s go meet the teachers.”

“Alright.”

Crimson looked over, “school starts in a bit. We’ll be in cafeteria if you need anything.”

“Alright.”

“Come on Crims, let’s move.”

“Alright Bolt.”

The two brothers walked towards the cafeteria, leaving Element Aura and Spike. “Well? Shall we?” Element Aura said.

“Of course.”


Element Aura stood in front of seven mares. All of which he recognized. They were all there when he saved that cat. What was her name? Rarey? Rarely?

“My name is Element Aura.”

The Alicorn stepped up, “my name is Twilight Sparkle, and these are my friends Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Starlight Glimmer.”

“Hello everypony,” Element Aura said.

Rarity looked at him. “I want to thank you again for saving Opal!”

“It was no problem.”

Twilight looked at him, “are you sure? I mean, you almost drowned.”

“We all die eventually. Might as well go out trying to save someone. Besides I used to live on the streets, so I’ve pretty much seen it all.”

Rainbow looked over to him, “trust me, you haven’t seen much.”

“You’re Rainbow Dash, right?”

She seemed to get excited, “well, how’d ya find that out? Was it my amazing flying, or my heroic acts?”

“No. I was going to say that I heard about how a changeling saved you by guiding you to safety during the Second Pony-Changeling War.”

Rainbow sort of just stood there dumbstruck. Applejack looked over, “wow Dash, why didn’t you tell us this?”

“Well I…” she couldn’t find the words, but then she said, “wait! How’d you even find that out?!”

Element Aura chuckled, “Street Rats can do a lot to survive,” he said, “and if you think breaking into someponies house, then you’d be right.”

“Wait! You broke into my house?!”

“No, more or less into the Wonderbolt Headquarters. Surprisingly easy. No one expects a red earth pony to sneak into the HQ. From there it was a short walk to the file room. I tell you, y’all need to get some better security.”

“How’d you even get and stand on the clouds?!”

“Potions and a hot air balloon.” He brushed his mane back.

“But why?!”

“For 35 bits? Why would I miss out?” He looked at a nearby clock. He matched the rhythm of the clocks ticking with his eyes. He looked back at the mares. “Is there anything else?”

Twilight looked at him almost lost for words. She finally spoke up, “do you know about the field trip today?”

“Yes ma’am. My brothers are practically jumping out of their horseshoes.”

Twilight chuckled, “well we usually require you to have a permission slip, but since you’re new, we’ll make an exception.”

Element Aura smiled. “Thanks.”

“Our pleasure. We hope you enjoy it.”

With that done, he went to the door. He walked towards the cafeteria. The hallways were really well decorated. He wasn’t surprised. Then, after a few minutes of walking, he found the doors to the cafeteria. He opened the door and walked in. The room was pretty big, almost enough to fit a couple of yaks. He looked around. Everypony was talking in their respective cliques. He noticed Crimsons black mane. He walked over to his brothers.

“Hey Aura!” Boltfire called.

“What’s up guys.” Element Aura sat down at the table.

“Nothin’ much,” Crimson said taking a bite out of his cupcake.”

“When’s the field trip?” Element Aura asked brushing his mane.

“I think we’re going to our homeroom, then we go on the trip,” Crimson replied.

“I can’t wait!” Boltfire said.

“Of course you can’t.” Crimson looked over to the clock. He shook his head a bit. The three fell silent for a while.

“Hey guys!”

The three brothers turned around. There stood six creatures; an earth pony, a griffon, a hippogriff, a yak, a changeling, and a dragon. The hippogriff was in front of the group. “Hey Silverstream,” Crimson said. He got looks from the rest of them. “And you guys too.”

The griffon flew over to Element Aura. “Who’s the new guy?” he asked.

“This is our brother, Element Aura,” Crimson said.

“Nice to meet y’all.”

They all responded with their own greetings. He looked at them for a second. A dragon, pony, griffon, yak, hippogriff, and a changeling. All of them were friends? He didn’t know what to say. He did however, find out their names. Smolder, Sandbar, Gallus, Yona, Silverstream, and Ocellus, so that was an upside. The gang talked for a while before the bell rang.

“Well,” Boltfire stretching, “time to get going.”

“Yeah, we’ll show you our homeroom,” Crimson said. He looked to others, “y’all going on the trip?”

“Buck yeah!” Gallus said.

“Wouldn’t miss it,” Smolder added.

“Alright, we’ll meet you all there.”


The three brothers sat in Applejacks class. The clock was ticking slow as a turtle. Finally, after about five minutes of waiting, Twilight and another pony walked into the room. All attention went to them. Twilight began to speak, “alright, is everyone ready?”

A wave of “yes!” overcame them.

“Alright Shining, they’re all yours.”

The other pony, Shining, stepped up. “Alright. Hello everybody, my name is Shining Armor, and I’ll be your guide for the trip.”

Element Aura yawned listening to Shining go on and on. He looked at Boltfire, who looked equally bored. Crimson on the other hand looked intrigued.

After a long, long lecture, they were finally ready. The students that were going got into one big group. With one light of an Alicorn horn, they were in Canterlot.

Element Aura found himself disoriented. “That was so…”

“Disorientating?” Boltfire said, “always is the first time around.”

“Yeah, you get used to it,” Crimson followed up.

The three brothers followed the rest of the class. The tour started off to a good start. Boltfire looked bored as ever, but Element Aura and Crimson found the history of Equestria to be interesting. Especially the two Channeling-Pony Wars. Then a paper ball flew past his head, and right at Boltfires head. It bounced off his head like a dodgeball. The three brothers looked over their shoulders. There stood a blue pegasus with a lightning yellow mane.

“Who’s that?” Element Aura asked.

“Lightning Storm,” Crimson said.

“Is he always a son of a mare?” Aura asked.

Boltfire nodded. “Eeyup.”

Element Aura and Crimson looked at Boltfire. “What was that?”

“I don’t bucking know!”

Element Aura rolled his eyes. “Anyway. How long has this been going on?”

“A while.”

“Why didn’t you get your, or our, sorry, still not used to the entire foster parents thing, anyway, why’d you tell our parents about this?”

“I didn’t need them all up here at the school.”

“But he's messing with you.”

“I got used to it, and besides, he’s not gonna physically attack me.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah dude. I’m okay.”

“Alright then.”

The tour continued all the way to the throne room. Shining grabbed the door handle. “Alright, I know you’re all excited, but please be respectful.”

The students nodded.

“Okay.” With that, Shining pushed the door open and they walked in. The students looked around in amazement. Element Aura himself found the design pretty amazing.

The most amazing sight was the four princesses sitting atop their thrones. Element Aura couldn’t believe it. It was like he was dreaming, and he didn’t want it to stop.

He looked over to Crimson, who’s eyes were sparkling like stars. “Hey, Crimson, you alright?” Element Aura asked.

His brother nodded. “I just, never thought I’d see these guys in forever.”

“Yeah, me neither!” Boltfire said with excitement.

Element Aura smiled. “Yeah, me too.” Aura still couldn’t. He was standing in the same room as the princesses. It was a dream come true, and nothing could change that.

Well, nothing except…

“Oww!”

Aura’s head turned as soon as he heard Boltfire yell. As if Silverheart wasn’t enough, now he had to deal with Lightning Storm. Boltfire was on the ground, rubbing his head, while Lightning started laughing. Crimson frowned and walked over. “Hey! Leave him alone—” he was cut off by a right hook to the face. Aura flinched as Crimson recoiled back, leaving only Element Aura standing up.

Lightning let out a laugh as his friends watched. He looked over to Boltfire. “What? You need your fake family to stand up for you?”

Aura recoiled at that revelation. Fake family? He and Crimson were Bolt's only family. He looked at the Royal Guards and the other adults, who just sat in stunned silence. Element Aura looked around the room, and doom came across a secret door. In the wall..?

He didn’t care about why it was there. Best he could assume, it was probably a secret escape tunnel of some sort. If that was the case, he’d be home by lunch.

Okay, dinner. But still.

Okay, Aura. You can do this. You did hit some colt over the head with a club. He sighed and grabbed a book from his saddlebag and trotted over to Lightning Storm. He swung the book as hard as he could, making a very audible and very painful sounding THUD! on impact. One of Lightning’s friends tried rushing him, only to be met by the very hard cover of the book. Element Aura looked at the grounded pegasi. “Man, I’m sorry about that.”

With that, he dropped his bags and hightailed it towards the door. Lightning and his friends tried chasing after him. “Go! Go! Go! Grab him!”

Element Aura looked back to see the pegasus flare his wings. Oh great. He continued to run towards the door as Lightning took to the air. Aura blew a raspberry at him, which only made them madder. He looked ahead. The door was getting closer. He quickly opened the door and ran in and quickly closed the door.

The last thing he heard was the thud of Lightning hitting the door.

Comments ( 3 )

This is a great story so far, I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes

Login or register to comment