• Published 13th Jan 2020
  • 278 Views, 5 Comments

Elemental! (Remastered) - MlpHero



Element Aura, a young, foster Earth Pony who has run from many foster homes, ends up in Ponyville, where he finds a secret that will change his life forever.

  • ...
1
 5
 278

Chapter 1: New Beginning

Elemental!

By Mlphero123

Element Aura, a red earth pony with blue eyes, and a black mane with a lightning blue stripe through it, sat in a room with Sheiva, a white pegasus. Sheiva paced back and forth through the room with a look that said ‘I’m done.’

She finally sat down at her desk, which had been filled to the brim with papers, pencils, pens, etc. She turned to Element Aura. At this point, she was fed up. “Element Aura,” she said picking up her clipboard, “you’ve run from foster homes from Manehattan to Fillydelphia.”

He looked back at her. He was almost surprised at her tone. How, and why, was she so surprised? He’d been doing this for years! He leaned back in his chair and started brushing his mane back. “I can take care of myself.”

She looked at him. “If you call—,” she stopped to read the clipboard, “—‘stealing food from garbage cans’ taking care of yourself, then Mr. Aura, your life is going to be a nightmare.” He knew the whole, stealing food from garbage cans thing wasn’t really on there, he knew Sheiva just wanted to “prove a point.” She looked at another piece of paper, “Element Aura, I was lucky enough to find a family who is willing to take you in,” she looked at him to see his expression. To her surprise, it hadn’t changed at all. He knew it was better not to entertain her. She sighed, “please, give these ponies a chance.”

He nodded, “okay Sheiva.”

She nodded and got up and walked to the door, she told him to pack his stuff up and be ready by five o’clock. He nodded and walked out of the room and to his dorm. He opened his draw and took everything he owned. From bits to books to heck, even the clothes. He folded the pajamas and other suits neatly and placed them into his suitcase. Then he got a necklace and a pocket watch, the only things he had from his parents. He closed the suitcase up and lay in his bed until five, then he’d be in another foster home.


Element Aura stood on the doorstep of his next foster home. He wondered if Sheiva had already told them about his tendencies of running away. To Element Aura, running was like the first survival skill he learned, besides basic self defense. He flashed back to a time he had to fight for himself.


A young Element Aura walked down the dark alleyways of Manehattan, looking around each corner. He had to be on his guard at all times, no matter what happens. He saw a sack and walked towards it. He reached for it, then the sound of hoofsteps caught his attention. He turned to see three older colts facing him. He looked at them and then back the sack. “Oh, sorry, is this yours?”

The first one stepped up, “no, but it’s going to be.”

Element Aura took a step back. The colts advanced on him, then in a panic, he turned and bolted for the sack. He grabbed it and kept on running, now with the colts chasing him. He looked at a few trash cans. He jumped on one, then jumped to a nearby ladder. He climbed up as the pegasus took flight. He started climbing faster as the pegasus got closer. Then he used his hind legs to kick the pegasus in the face and continued to climb. He got to the roof and kept running across rooftops, at least those he could reach. He jumped to another building and climbed through an opened window. He closed it and hid behind some boxes. He would stay there until night, then it would be safe to move.

Night came and Element Aura could leave. He climbed down the buildings stairs. He opened the door and looked around. He crept out of the building and moved to his current home. The trek there was both boring and painful, as anypony could jump out at any moment. He was still a bit paranoid but still pushed on. After a few minutes, he’d reached his house, a mixture of cardboard, trash cans, blankets, and a whole host of other things. He opened the “door”, a piece of newspaper, and walked to his “bed”, an old mattress, and sat down

He opened the sack, which had a few Bits. He was happy as he wouldn’t have to raid another ponies camp. He lay in his bed and closed his eyes.

Element Aura woke up, and with a feeling of uneasiness. He reached for a club he’d forged out of a stick, some rocks, and rope. He stepped outside, where he saw one of the colts from the previous day. He hid and slowed his breathing. He looked at the pony, who was walking around the camp, as if scouting it. Element Aura took the club, and slammed it over the colt, knocking him out cold. Element Aura quickly ran in and grabbed his saddlebags and filled them with anything he needed, then he grabbed the sack and went outside. He grabbed the unconscious colt and dropped him in a trash can a few minutes away. He took off for the streets. As of now, he was on the lam again. He headed in one direction, the direction of another town, another adventure.


Element Aura smiled at the memories that he’d just had. He almost laughed at the memory of him smacking a pony over the head with a club. The door opened, and out stepped a gold pegasus mare. He took a breath, here we go again.

“Hello,” the mare said politely.

“Hello,” Element Aura replied trying not to sound rude. Element Aura moved his eyes to Sheiva, who moved her eyes to the mare as if saying ‘say your name.’ Element Aura internally rolled his eyes and turned his glance to Goldstar, “my name is Element Aura, what’s yours?”

“My name is Goldstar, nice to meet you,” she turned to Sheiva and nodded, “thank you, we’ll take good care of him.”

“I know you will,” she replied. She looked down to Element Aura, “I hope you enjoy it here.”

“Yes ma’am,” he said. He walked into the house but he turned his head to see what the two mares were talking about. Sheiva was whispering something to Goldstar. She nodded and walked inside. He quickly turned away as if he wasn’t looking. She quickly took his hoof and started walking him through the hall. He looked around to learn his surroundings, another skill he
learned on the streets.

“Come on, I want you to meet the family!” Goldstar said.

A family of mix-max ponies Element Aura thought. When he walked into the kitchen, he saw four ponies, two unicorns and two earth ponies, sitting at a table. Okay, maybe not that mix-max he thought.

Goldstar walked over to the table. “This is Platinum Moon,” she said pointing at the older pegasus stallion, “he will act as your foster father.” She walked over to younger unicorn mare, “this here is Silverheart, she’s your older foster sister. He nodded. He looked at his sister, who looked like every entitled mare mixed into one. She sat down like she ruled the gosh dang world. Then Goldstar moved towards the two young earth pony colts. “These two ponies are your foster brothers, Crimson Strike, and Boltfire.”

Crimson Strike was, well crimson with a grey mane and green eyes. Boltfire was orange with a black mane with red eyes. Element Aura took his seat. Goldstar handed him a plate of food. He kindly accepted it.


Element Aura walked up the stairs. He both needed a shower and needed to see where he was sleeping. When he turned the corner, he accidentally bumped into Silverheart

“Oh!” he said, “sorry! I was just—

“Move it, dork!” she snapped.

He didn’t flinch, but he was mad. “Oh! Sorry princess! What do I need to do? Clean the bottom of your darn hoof?!”

She lit up her horn. Again he didn’t flinch. She looked defeated then let the magic die down. “Just stay outta my, Street Rat.”

He blew a raspberry as she walked down the hall. She seemed to have heard it looked back at him. She stared daggers at him. He didn’t flinch, again. He turned to walk away as Silverheart murmured something under her breath.

“Hey, Element Aura!” somepony whispered.

He looked up to see who called him. It Boltfire. He trotted down to his “brother” to see what he needed.

“Hey Boltfire,” he greeted.

“Hey Element Aura,” he said back.

Boltfire seemed nice, like the friend you could rely on to help you on a test. Element Aura had many questions, but one question hit him in particular, “what’s her problem?”

He sighed, “she thinks being older and the biological daughter of mom and dad makes her superior to us.”

“I’ve dealt with worse.”

Boltfire cocked his head in confusion, “what do you mean?”

“Apparently I’m a Street Rat.”

“Oh. Well is there anything else you need?”

“Yeah, where’s the bathroom?”

Boltfire pointed to the second to last door in the hallway, “that one right there.”

“Alright thanks.”

“No problem,” Boltfire closed the door, then opened it again, “oh yeah, you’ll be sleeping with me and Crimson tonight.”

“Okay.” Element Aura turned and walked down the hallway. When he reached the bathroom, Crimson walked out wrapped in the towel. Crimson turned around and jumped when he saw Element Aura behind him.

“Jeez! We give you a place to stay and you give me a heart attack?” he said.

“Sorry!” he replied. Please don’t be like Silverheart.

“Eh, I guess it’s okay. Crimson Strike, nice to meet you.” He held out his hoof for a shake.

Element Aura returned the gesture, “Element Aura, nice to meet you too.”

Crimson nodded and let Element Aura walk in, “oh yeah, be careful, the water takes a while to warm up.”

“Alright, thanks.” He closed the door.

Crimson wasn’t lying. The water took like twenty seconds to warm up. When it finally did, he stepped in. About ten minutes went by and he stepped out. He searched through the cabinet for a dry towel. He grabbed a red towel. My favorite color. He wrapped himself up and walked out. He looked around, trying to make Silverheart wasn’t there. When he
knew the coast was clear, he walked towards his room. He opened the door and walked in. Boltfire and Crimson were already waiting.

“Hey Aura,” Boltfire greeted.

“Hey Boltfire, Crimson.” He sat on his bed. “What are we doing tomorrow?”

“Well,” Crimson started, “your coming to school with us tomorrow and—

“And we’re going on a trip to Canterlot!” Boltfire exclaimed.

“Yes, Headmare Twilight is taking us.”

Element Aura felt a smile form on his face. “I can’t wait!” he said, “I’ve always wanted to go to Canterlot.”

Just as he said that, Silverheart bursted into the room. “Did I here that right?! You three dorks are going to Canterlot?!”

Element Aura looked at her. All he said was, “buck yeah.”

She ruled her eyes and did one of those “annoyed self entitled rich pony” groans and left.

The three brothers laughed. Element Aura looked up to the moon. He smiled. Tomorrow was gonna be a good day.