• Published 4th Mar 2020
  • 1,217 Views, 276 Comments

The Little Curiosities - Comma Typer



Everyone's turned into Equestrian creatures and reality's turned magical. The former humans of Canterlot City and beyond try to restart their lives. These are their stories.

  • ...
5
 276
 1,217

PreviousChapters Next
Meteors from Millville

“Aww, it’s cute that you’re doing this, Flash!”

“Don’t mention it, Sunset. After seeing you stressed out on the last vlog, it’s the least I could do.”

The least he could do was buying Sunset tickets for today’s baseball game at Canterlot City’s ballpark for big league action—nine innings of being together with a snuggle or two.

As the pony athletics trotted to their places on the field, Flash continued, “It’s amazing how fast they adapted to all this: all the practice, the training… and, you know, the ponying they had to do.”

“So pretty much Equestrian baseball?”

Flash blushes. “Save for the non-ponies in the field, yeah. I didn’t even know Equestria had baseball.”

“Heh. Parallel worlds are parallel. At least baseball plays a much larger role in the pantheon of sports here. Back there, it’s something a couple farming villages can compete in and not much else.”

And with that, the game begins, with an Earth pony holding a wooden bat with his mouth.

“See that guy?” Flash points at said guy along with hundreds of other ponies taking pictures of him. “He’s Mackerel Trout. Used to fish as a kid, but he played a couple games for his high school and… well, the rest is history. He’s very good.”

“Yeah? How good?”

On cue, Mackerel Trout swung his head around and struck the ball, sending it soaring across the sky.

Sunset beams, surprised enough that her horn lights up for a second. “Wow! That’s powerful! I’ve never seen a pony do something like that before!”

“Yup!” Flash nods, eye still on the ball. “And he runs fast to and… yup, that’s a home run and then some. It’s going and going and going and…”

But Sunset’s smile drops as that ball dips into familiar territory. “Wait a minute. That’s going way too far. Wait, wait, is that going straight to my—“


“—computer?!”

A snort escapes Sunset as she flicks her tail sharply, levitating her computer’s CPU: crushed into smithereens thanks to a home-run ball having crashed through her brick wall.

Mackerel gulps, still in uniform. “Look, ma’am, I’m truly sorry about what happened. I—“

“I don’t care if you’re some goody-two-shoes big shot!” Sunset yells, hoofing the broken computer to him. “This is way too specific to be a coincidence!”

“Ma’am, I’ve assured you a couple of times already: it’s just a really bad coincidence, and—“

“And how do you plan to pay for this? How much does your team pay you, huh? Do you know I have to do an episode later tonight, and I—“

Flash Sentry steps in between his marefriend and the sports hero, carrying a bag of hay for Sunset to chew on. “Uh, yeah... about that... w-would you mind if you just, uh, walk off outta’ here, Mister Trout? It’s, uh, personal. Personal business. We can handle this on our own.”

Mackerel nods, blushing in embarrassment, blushing at the romantic tension. “Y-yeah, yeah. I see.”

“Oh, and—“ Flash fishes out that fateful ball “—would it be alright if you signed this?”

After Mackerel signs the thing with his mouthwriting, he is politely shoved through the door and out of Sunset’s house. Leaving behind some shouted heartfelt conversation, he leaves the dynamic duo be as he returns to the stadium.

“Hey, we could sell this ball on Ewe-Bray! It’ll get thousands of dollars, enough to pay for a good CPU! Come on, Sunnie!”

“Don’t you Sunnie me!... Stupid Earth pony strength—doesn’t he know this computer helped me get the hang of hands in the first place?! And now he comes destroying that like nothing!”

“But it’s just a—“

“And that ball better be a million dollars!”

PreviousChapters Next