• Published 4th Mar 2020
  • 1,218 Views, 276 Comments

The Little Curiosities - Comma Typer



Everyone's turned into Equestrian creatures and reality's turned magical. The former humans of Canterlot City and beyond try to restart their lives. These are their stories.

  • ...
5
 276
 1,218

PreviousChapters Next
Tender Love and Care

“Here’s my homemade burgers, you lovebirds!”

That’s enough to get roaring laughter from the table’s griffon and hippogriff occupants. Hot steaming hamburgers with delicious scents assault their senses: bacon, beef, pork, mushrooms, ketchup, four different kinds of cheese, and two buns in between The fast-food buffet is up for grabs: four burgers for Gallus, four burgers for Silverstream, and four burgers for the cook herself.

Ocellus fixes the apron over her chest, secretly happy then sad that none of her vegetarian best friends could enjoy her greasy cooking anymore. Smolder is the gem-eating wild card, but her loyalty remains with Sandbar, and if Sandbar couldn’t eat meat, then Smolder wouldn’t either. “I am curious. Can I ask again why you invited me to your date? I can tell it’s not just for the cooking.”

Gallus lids his eyes as a claw rests on Silverstream’s withers. “Love counselor. Isn’t that obvious?” A shake of the head and a roll of the eyes means Ocellus gets the joke. “But, of course, you make the meanest sliders and fixings in town.”

A huge chomp is heard, and the griffon takes a gander at his hippogriff fiance digging deep into the burger. Oil and ketchup drip from her beak. “This is delish! What did you put in here?”

Sincere flattery puts pink blushes on Ocellus’ chitin cheeks. “Oh, it’s nothing special! Just some TLC: a dash of love and a cup of care!”

While Silverstream digs in some more, Gallus hesitates before biting. “You mean that last one metaphorically, right?”

“No, really! That’s how they do it back home these days.” Mischief could be found in small traces if one closely examines her smile. “Here, I’ll show you.”

From her apron shines a jar of glass. Inside, magic clouds of pink something swirl around.

Gallus is engulfed by a gulp. “Don’t tell me it’s what I think it is.”

A hint of shapeshifting magic brings four cute fangs to life in her mouth. “It is what you think it is.”

Silverstream stops mid-bite. “Wait. This whole time, you took our love and cooked it?”

“More like used it as seasoning. It’s a dash of love, after all. Still, what do you think? Does it enhance the flavor?”

The lovebird duo exchange curious glances. They planned this date with love in the air but never expected it to be in the frying pan too.

Silverstream speaks up first: “It’s great! The burger at least. Not sure if I can taste the actual literal romantic love between me and Gallus, but it’s certainly tastier than last time, that’s for sure!

“If that’s so,” moans Gallus, “this is the worst Romuleo and Jennyet rip-off I’ve heard of.”

“At least we are Romuleo and Jennyet! Except for the bad ending—eh, just ignore that! We’re living the dream, Gally! Woo-hoo!”

Her unending excitement lures her lover in. Eyes close halfway, a laugh of amour comes about, and the two bird creatures lean in for a nuzzling.

“Oh, can you just kiss already?”

That steals the admirers’ attention from each other. Ocellus hovers a couple feet away, chewing on her own burgers.

“Yeah, this is gonna get awkward pretty fast,” Gallus says.

Silverstream giggles and lands a smooch on him. Before he could banish the blush from his flustered cheeks, she replies—much to the stirring squees of the changeling— “Just roll with it, Gallus. We’ve got a love bug here.”

The two nuzzle each other affectionately and even land kisses on the cheek. All the while, a love-hungry Ocellus calls out, “Would you like me to prepare a candlelit dinner too?! I’ve got jazz music and sparkling grape juice!”

PreviousChapters Next