• Published 4th Mar 2020
  • 1,218 Views, 276 Comments

The Little Curiosities - Comma Typer



Everyone's turned into Equestrian creatures and reality's turned magical. The former humans of Canterlot City and beyond try to restart their lives. These are their stories.

  • ...
5
 276
 1,218

PreviousChapters Next
Immaculate Inning

“Thou desire to purchase our daughter?”

“Nothing of the sort, Mister Pie! We just want to loan her for a couple of weeks. If you’re concerned about her welfare, there’s no need to worry. We have the best training facilities in the league.”

“The best in the league, thou proclaim… on Earth.”

“Yes.”

“Pinkamena is here to commemorate the marriage of her older sister to her betrothed. This business of sports and loaning shall taint this sacred revelry.”

“Then we could arrange for the loan to happen after the marriage!”

“Thy world has souls numbering to a thousand multiplied by tens of thousands. They are many compared to those who inhabit this wide and open land of Equestria. Surely there are a multitude of athletic ponies surrounding thee. They will be found if thou would only but look.”

“That’s the thing. We’ve been given a year to get it all going, but a lot of players are still figuring out how to play football without tripping up on their legs. We also have multiple species playing the sport now—it was made for humans and just humans a century ago, you see—and I don’t want to talk about the horrible mess of meetings that finally got all of us to agree on the new rules to accommodate everyone, but that’s beside the point. The point is: we have heard from our scouts that Pinkie Pie—semi-professional buckball player for Ponyville—has shown she could adapt to our sport quickly. Her natural equinity could be of great benefit to the both of us.”

“Pray tell, what is the great benefit that thou presume to promise for this humble family?”

“I guarantee we’ll win the championship with Pinkie on our side, and you know how championships have big money pools. We’ll give you a lot of bits so you can upgrade this homestead into something more gentrified along with a bunch of other luxuries and amenities.”

“A sober and satisfying life shall never be achieved without peace and contentment in thine heart.”

“But, sir, you have to understand: she’s the best in her buckball position in this world—in both worlds. My scouts say that she’s even expressed implied interest in joining us for the playoffs and taking a football crash course when they talked to her back in Ponyville!”

“I have not heard her express such interest. More over, her actions reveal her interests, that they lie in seeing our second-born unite with her beloved in holy matrimony.”

“If you want, we could come inside your home and work out whatever concerns you may have regarding the arrangement. We’re willing to shell out enough bits to have her home in a jiffy after each game. You value family a lot, and that’s good!“

“Our daughter can look after herself. She will be home on time thanks to Harmony’s mysterious ways.”

“But we can cover everything else! You don’t have to pay a single bit!”

“These designs mean that we confer to thee our daughter’s time and presence. They hold infinitely more value than any tangible gift thou could hope to offer us.”

“Sir, the benefits I’ve yet to layout—and this is not without precedent! Many teams are already pushing the transfer market across worlds and the players they sign are given way more than humane treatment—“

“If thou do not know the meaning of this simple phrase, ‘less is more,’ thou have no right to speak to this family’s patriarch. Now, begone, you pig of greed, and I pray that Harmony and Providence open your eyes to a greater purpose than trophies of temporary gold.”

“Oh, y-yes, well. I see what you mean. I’ll be out of your tail, but the offer is still open if you have any last-minute changes!”

“Farewell.”


“Hi, Dad! I heard you were talking to somepony outside! Who was he?”

“Do not dwell on it too much, Pinkamena. He is merely somepony from the other world, wishing to borrow thee at unconscionable interest for your services in the sport of… football.”

“Amareican or association?”

“I do not know what you speak of.”

“Well, to-may-to, to-mah-to! On second thought, I think I have met some of those guys, but they looked kinda’ funny and were talking about trades and contracts, so I—“

“Hey, Pinkie! I need extra hooves for the rock porridge!”

“Sorry, Dad, gotta go! Limestone needs help with the cooking for like the tenth time in five minutes. Maybe we can talk about it later, right? Right? Oh, I can feel Limestone’s anger going through the roof! Limey Pie, I’m coming!”

PreviousChapters Next