• Published 14th Oct 2019
  • 629 Views, 219 Comments

Another Scootarella Story - The Blue EM2



Remember A Scootarella Story? This is what happened next...

  • ...
5
 219
 629

The Dance at Last

Rumble's attention was suddenly drawn not only to two other girls coming to a stop on the other side of the path, but of intense, furious squeaking behind him. The first girl had purple and pink hair, and the other one red. Both were wearing very similar outfits to the one Scootarella was wearing.

He turned around to suddenly see a hoarde of mice, all dressed up (which he wasn't aware was even a thing). One appeared to be trying to communicate with Scootarella, based on how she'd knelt down toward it.

"Oh, him? There's nothing to worry about! Honestly Jaq, you worry too much sometimes!"

The mouse continued squeaking. Rumble turned around to the other girls. "I have no idea what's going on."

"Yeah..." the red haired one said. "She can understand mice somehow. Ah'm Apple Bloom."

"I'm Sweetie Belle," said the other. "We're Scoots' friends, alongside Jade."

"Who's Jade?" asked Rumble.

"The daughter of our tutor, Miss Cheerilee," Apple Bloom explained. "She's a bit of an oddball, really; she won't be seen dead in a dress!"

"She also often goes to see on a boat, with a guy called Jack," Sweetie Belle added. "I have no idea what that's about. Something with a bird?"

Scootarella seemed to have finished her conversation, and turned back around. "Sorry about that," she said. "Jaq and Gus here were worried and didn't recognise Rumble here. That's all cleaned up now." She addressed Rumble directly. "Rumble, these mice are mom's helpers and friends. They assisted her in breaking free of her evil stepmother's clutches-"

"I know the story, it's quite famous," Rumble interrupted. "So, these mice are close to you too? And how can you understand them?"

"I don't actually know how I can understand them, actually," Scootarella admitted. "Mom can, so maybe I picked that up somehow?" After another pause, she then adjusted her glove. "I suppose I should introduce them." She then began to point at the different mice in sequence, saying a different name as she went. "Jaq, Gus, Bert, Mert, Luke, Mary, Suzy, and Perla."

"Well, tell them it's very nice to meet them," Rumble replied, adjusting his jacket and loosening the collar slightly. "It's hot today, isn't it? These uniforms aren't exactly designed for the heatwave we've been having recently."

"We're OK!" Sweetie Belle observed. "I know our dresses may seem quite heavy, but they're surprisingly light and airy. Another benefit of being from the wealthy class, I suppose."

"And having a Fairy Godmother help out now and then," Scootarella replied. "But only with very minor things. She reserves her most powerful magic for worst case scenarios." She started to head back towards the palace, but the hem of her skirt got caught on a poorly positioned bramble and tore, leaving a hole in it. "That would not be such a case."

The mice suddenly began talking again, and Gus said something in that strange language the mice spoke.

"Oh? You would! That's kind!"

Producing needles and thread that were comically big from how small the mice were, the mice got to work, and in no time at all, it was as if the tear and hole had never been there.

"If only the wardrobe back in Munchendorf was that efficient!" Rumble joked. "Sometimes it can be weeks until we get a repair!"

Just then, a trumpet blast sounded from the castle.

"Sounds like the evenin's festivities are about to start!" Apple Bloom called.

"No, that's just the rehearsal!" Scootarella replied. As the other girls hurried up the path, dodging water jets from fountains, she spoke to Rumble. "Fancy a dance during the gala itself?"

"I can waltz, badly," Rumble admitted. "But sure, it sounds like fun."

"Great!" Scootarella replied. "Let's go, we need to be back in time!"


It was evening at long last, and the Prince checked his pocket watch for the fifteenth time. "Where are they?" he asked, to nobody in particular.

"You worry far too much about precise timing, my boy!" the King told him, who had just arrived.

"I apologise, father," the Prince replied. "It's just that I want this event to go perfectly, it being-"

"I know," the King replied, as the Duke sped past and crashed into a column for the third time that day. "Perhaps we should move the columns, so you don't crash into them!"

"That would be quite the feat of architecture, your majesty!" the Duke replied, as he walked away, not physically hurt but rather embarrased by the whole debacle.

"I understand this day means a lot to you," the King continued. "But try to enjoy yourself. Sometimes, we get so caught up in the little details we become unable to see the bigger picture. I often couldn't, when I was your age, and it took a lot of learning to see past it."

"Thank you for the advice, fath-" the Prince stopped, as Cinderella joined them, and pointed down below. "Hold on a moment. Why is the orchestra starting up? They aren't due here for another half hour!"

The King adjusted his monocle and looked closer. "That violin is playing by itself!" he exclaimed. "If Merlin is up to his tricks again, then he'll hear about it from me."

Cinderella then spoke, for the first time that conversation. "Look down there! Who's Scootarella dancing with?"

Sure enough, Rumble and Scootarella had taken to the floor, not realising they were being observed. Luckily, the staff, assuming it was a rehearsal, had given a wide berth to the pair as they enjoyed their moment together.

After a week of festivities, it was time for Rumble and Thunderlane to return home. When Rumble got back into his room in the Munchendorfian capital, he saw a mirror sitting on the wall, with a note next to it.

Dear Rumble,

I couldn't help but observe your friendship with one of my friends and charges, Scootarella. You two make such a fine couple, and I left you this mirror with which to talk to her. All you need to do is tap on it twice, and it shall illuminate.

Rumble had no idea who it was from, but stepped over and tapped twice. The mirror lit up, and the image illuminated onto a bedroom on the other side of the world. Standing in front of the other side, was Scootarella.

"Hi Rumble! Pretty neat, huh? Now we can stay in contact wherever we are!"

"You'll always be in my heart, Scootarella," Rumble smiled contentedly.

Author's Note:

I have no idea why it took so long to actually finish this story, but here we are. The story has come to an end, 364 days after the last chapter was published.

The inclusion of the mice characters from the 1950 film was Chazkopa's idea. Given this story more closely obeys the stylings and logic of the 1950 film, who was I to disagree?

Comments ( 10 )

Nice, the appearance of Cinderella's mice friends is sweet.

And not to mention that Scootarella and Prince Rumble finally doing their first waltz.

10484921
It's been a long road, but I finally finished the story.

10484923
Thank you.

And that mirror provide Prince Rumble to see Scootarella.

But who gave that mirror to Prince Rumble?.

10484946
I think it's Scootarella, right?.

10485058
Then it's Cinderella's fairy godmother.

10485097
Did I see the king mention Merlin from Disney's The sword in the Stone?.

Login or register to comment