• Published 28th Sep 2019
  • 1,787 Views, 6 Comments

I was supposed to be the one who made the best parties… - Twilight Star



What if instead of Pinkie Pie challenging Cheese Sandwich, she remained with a smooth mane and a darker pink fur? What would it be like?

  • ...
4
 6
 1,787

Apology party

It was almost dusk, and Rainbow Dash finally managed to bring Pinkamena to Sweet Apple Acres. And Pinkamena was still passed out. Rainbow Dash breathed tiredly, “hunf. Finally”, she opened the barn door.

“Surprise!!”

But their smiles stopped when they saw that Pinkamena was passed out, “Pinkie! Is she ok, Rainbow?”

“I was trying to get her out of the house, but she refused, she held on to the seat. So I pulled her hard and it eventually resulted in her coming loose, but the seat just fell on her head and she passed out”, replied Rainbow Dash, while scratching her head with a hoof and looking to his right.

The friends looked with an unhappy look, “hey! It was the only thing I could think of!” exclaimed Rainbow Dash.

“Will she wake up?” asked Fluttershy, worried.

“Yes. We just have to wait”, answered Twilight Sparkle, now looking at Fluttershy. Fluttershy was relieved.

“Is she going to be too long to wake up?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“I think so, Rainbow”, replied Twilight Sparkle, now looking at Rainbow Dash.

“This will take too long! I need to train my maneuvers”, said Rainbow Dash.

“Rainbow, I understand you have tasks to do. We all have. But there’s a friend of us passed out. So I’d appreciate it if you were less selfish and thought more of others”, said Twilight Sparkle, not happy.

Rainbow Dash hated to admit she was wrong. Then, she was just silent.


When Pinkamena woke up, she saw that she was in a barn. And the barn was decorated. Like it’s somepony’s birthday. She wondered.

Weird. It’s not even my birthday today.

What Pinkamena didn’t know was that their friends were after her, “surprise!!” Pinkamena jumped in fright.

She realized it was her former friends, “ah. Are you…”

“Did you like it, Pinkie?” asked Twilight Sparkle animated.

“Like what?” asked Pinkamena.

“From the apology party we prepared for you”, answered Twilight Sparkle.

“Why did you have this party for me? It’s not even my birthday!” wxclaimed Pinkamena.

Twilight Sparkle approached Pinkamena, “Pinkie, we’re sorry we hurt you”

“Yeah, Pinkie. We were terrible friends”, said Fluttershy regretfully.

“If you guys had this party just to apologize, you know it’s no use”, said Pinkamena gruffly, her ears were down.

“But are you going to let Cheese Sandwich talk?” asked Fluttershy. Pinkamena’s ears brightened at the name.

Cheese Sandwich approached Pinkamena, “Pinkie, I’m so sorry I made your friends hurt you. I didn’t know it upset her”

Pinkamena looked at Cheese Sandwich, “Do you think I’ll forgive you easily? You stole my friends from me!”

“I didn’t steal them from you”, Pinkamena was surprised by what Cheese Sandwich said.

“...They were just helping me prepare Rainbow’s birthday party”, Cheese Sandwich finished.

“So why did they compliment you?!” exclaimed Pinkamena, now annoyed.

“Like I said before, they didn’t know they were hurting you”, said Cheese Sandwich.

Pinkamena seemed to believe his words. No! She already had her true friends! She no longer needed these ponies as friends, “no! I already have my friends. I don’t need you!” exclaimed Pinkamena.

“Pinkie. You can’t be friends with inanimate objects,” said Twilight Sparkle. “This is scientifically impossible”

“How is it not possible? Inanimate objects don’t talk, they don’t hurt others emotionally, we can talk to them and let off steam”, said Pinkamena.

“No, Pinkie. It’s not possible. Doing this will only make you feel more alone. What you need is somepony you can have as a friend. Somepony to talk to. Somepony like us”, said Twilight Sparkle with a smile.

“It won’t make me feel alone, no. They’re like my new friends now!” exclaimed Pinkamena.

“Pinkie, why don’t you try to have fun at this party? When the party is over, you could tell us what you think. If you didn’t like it, you could still be friends with your inanimate objects. And if you like it, you can continue to be our friend”, Twilight Sparkle knew that what she was doing could change the friendship of her friends. But she was sure Pinkamena would enjoy the party.

Pinkamena let out a sigh, “Alright ...”

Pinkamena’s ‘friends’ were smiling at each other now and hoping it would work. Applejack went to turn on the music. They started dancing. Well, except Pinkamena. Who kept watching. For a moment she wanted to dance along. But at the same time she didn’t want to, because it would betray the trust of her true friends. She couldn’t help noticing that they were having so much fun. She smiled a little.

I think dancing a little won’t make a difference.

Then Pinkamena started dancing. What she doesn’t realize The thing was, she was having so much fun. She was even smiling. Rainbow Dash took a piece of cake and ate it all. Pinkamena stopped dancing and walked over to the cake. She cut a slice of cake and ate it. She couldn’t deny that it was delicious. She then ate the rest of the piece of cake. Whoever made the cake was delicious. Suddenly your favorite song started playing. She went back to where her ‘friends’ were and went back to dancing. The ‘friends’ looked at Pinkamena dancing. They were smiling. They knew deep down that Pinkamena would be Pinkie Pie again and they and Pinkie Pie would be friends again.

Pinkamena became thirsty, went to where she had drunk and drank. From dancing so much at parties, sometimes it made me thirsty. She was drinking punch. She would really like Gummy to have her here. That way she and he could have fun at this party.

“Pinkie, is everything alright?”

Pinkamena looked at the owner of the voice and saw that it was Rainbow Dash, “ah. Hi, Dashie”

“Are you alright? You look sad”, asked Rainbow Dash.

“It’s just that I wish Gummy had me here. I’m sure he would love to be here with me”, replied Pinkamena sadly.

“I can bring him to you if you want”, said Rainbow Dash.

Pinkamena perked up, “Really?”

“Really, Pinkie”, replied Rainbow Dash with a smile.

“So bring him. Please”, asked Pinkamena.

Rainbow Dash nodded before leaving Sweet Apple Acres and heading toward Sugarcube Corner. When she got there, Rainbow Dash saw that Gummy was in the seat. She went to Gummy and picked him up with her hooves, “Come on, Gummy. Pinkie Pie wants to see you”

Meanwhile, in Applejack’s barn, Pinkamena was waiting for Rainbow Dash to return with Gummy.

Will it take too long?

“Pinkie, are you ok? Why aren’t you enjoying the party?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“I’m waiting for Rainbow Dash”, replied Pinkamena.

“Waiting for her why?” Wanted to know Twilight Sparkle.

“She told me she was going to bring Gummy. So I’m waiting for her to come back”, replied Pinkamena.

“Why don’t you do something until she returns?” asked Twilight Sparkle with a smile.

Pinkamena raised an eyebrow, “like what?”

“Dance, eat something, drink something…”

“No, thank you. I’d rather wait for Dashie”

“Okay, so ...” said Twilight Sparkle before returning to dance.

Suddenly Pinkamena heard the sound of flapping wings. She was happy to see Rainbow Dash holding Gummy, “Gummy! Glad you came! Dashie, where was he?”

Rainbow Dash, still smiling, replied, “He was sitting on a bench. To tell you the truth, I don’t think he even moved”

Pinkamena put Gummy on her back. Gummy cupped Pinkamena’s tail with his mouth, “I think now Gummy and I can enjoy the rest of the party”


When the party was over, everypony looked at Pinkamena, “So, Pinkie? Did you like the party?”

“Yes, Twilight. I couldn’t help but notice that if I didn’t have friends like you, I wouldn’t have a party as hectic and good as this one”, said Pinkamena. That said, her fur became light pink again and her mane became wavy again.

“Thanks for being my friends!” exclaimed Pinkie Pie, all excited. Before she hugged her true friends. Pinkie Pie’s friends smiled at that.

Comments ( 2 )

“Thanks for being my friends!” exclaimed Pinkie Pie, all excited. Before you hug your true friends. Pinkie Pie’s friends smiled at that.

Before she hugged her true friends.

Everyone was either out of character, or just very stupid in this story. This really just felt like a rinse and repeat of Party of One. Plus, there are a lot of grammar errors, as though English wasn't the author's first language. I think it could benefit from a complete rewrite.

Login or register to comment