• Published 16th Sep 2019
  • 1,031 Views, 14 Comments

Black Candles & Pink Butterflies - BasicWitch_Viv



Everything came to a screeching halt for Sunset when Fluttershy died. But the “end” was merely the beginning of prolonging the inevitable!

  • ...
5
 14
 1,031

3 – Life

Chapter Three: Life

“Sunset, you need to stop this.”

She couldn’t believe Fluttershy was saying this to her! After two months of spending time with her, trying to be with her despite the cruel twist of fate, how could Fluttershy say such a thing?!

“Shy, I'm doing this for us. I thought you’d be happy!”

‘Happy’!? Sunset, you're talking about going against nature and bringing me back to life!”

“I'm talking about us being together again. We can make it work!”

“Sunset, I'm DEAD! I’m not thrilled about it, but that’s the way that things are! I’ve accepted that, and you need to do the same.”

“Shy, I can't go on living without you!”

“Sunset, I’ll always be with you, no matter what. But you need to move on.”

"Can't you see that this is the best thing for me right now? I've never been happier than I am with you, bringing you into the living world to be with me."

Fluttershy shook her head and her tone grew more critical than Sunset had ever heard from her, “I’ve been watching you, Sunset; you don’t eat right, your sleep is all over the place, and you’re not bathing anymore... You don’t even leave the house unless you’re at work or here with me! And your temper is out of control, your habits have gotten weirder and more obsessive–! Sunset, just look at your face! Don't you see what this magic is doing to you? You can't seriously think that all of this is healthy for you!”

Sunset didn't care that she didn't always smell her best without perfume. Or that the new lines on her face and bags under her eyes made her look much older than she was. Or even that she had not seen any of her other friends in over two weeks. Or that Angel Bunny had gotten fed up with her and broke out of the house last Friday. "I'm happy, Shy! Why can't you be happy that I'm happy!"

"Sunset, if this is your twisted definition of happy, then I can't bear to watch you suffer thinking like that!"

“So now you don’t want to be together? Shy, I’m doing this for us! I’m trying to give us the future we were dreaming of!”

“I DON’T want to be walking around as a zombie, Sunset!”

“You wouldn’t be a zombie, Shy! I’d be transferring your soul into a willing participant that way you could possess their body and live their life. Then we could be together and live happily ever after!”

“SUNSET! LISTEN TO YOURSELF! Do you realize how horrible that would be? We’d be ruining that person’s life!”

Even though Fluttershy was right, Sunset couldn't give up, so she raised her voice, “IT’D BE WORTH IT TO FIX BOTH OF OUR LIVES!!!”

“This has gone too far! I love you, Sunset, but I can’t let you destroy someone else’s life! You’re already doing too much damage to your own life and I’ve let it happen for far too long! On top of everything, you’ve destroyed three of my favorite dresses that Rarity put so much effort into making!”

Then Sunset said something truly harsh, without even thinking about it, “It’s not like you’re going to be wearing them anytime soon!”

Fluttershy's face looked like it would turn red if it weren't ethereal!

“Right there! That's the kind of attitude you have these days; you're not the same strong, sensitive, passionate woman I fell in love with! You need to stop, Sunset! This magic is corrupting you and making you act like you did before–”

“Don’t you DARE say it!”

Fluttershy stared Sunset down, her ghostly eyes staring past Sunset's flesh and into her soul. “Like how you were before Princess Twilight showed up.”

That hurt. A lot. “I am not that person anymore!”

“Well, you could have fooled me, Sunset! I don't even know who you are anymore!” Fluttershy shouting was something she had never heard before, and it tore at her soul. It was also oddly sobering. Sunset's mind went blank and she finally took stock of what had just happened. She had gotten into a screaming match with the ghost of her girlfriend, whose eyes were welling up with golden tears of light. After a few wounded squeaks, Fluttershy broke down, falling to the ground on her knees and sobbing into her ghostly palms! As Fluttershy cried, Sunset felt the rain pour down from the sky!

Sunset looked down at Shy, frozen in shock. How could Sunset have been so blind to how horrid she was becoming? And now, even in death, the love of her life was crying because of what she had done!

Sunset knelt down to hold Fluttershy close, but her hand passed through her shoulder. Even so, Fluttershy physically swatted her hand away and screamed, “DON'T TOUCH ME! You don’t understand how much this is tearing me apart! Not only because of how much it hurts me to be in the living realm, but because it breaks my heart to see you throw your life away chasing a ghost!”

Fluttershy turned away, tears of light still falling as the rain kept pouring. After a few sniffles, Fluttershy said, morosely, “If you try to summon me again, I’m not answering! Goodbye, Sunset.”

And just like that, Fluttershy was gone.

Sunset couldn't believe that she really was gone now; Shy was dead and gone, and Sunset had no way to talk to her or see her again! All the emotions she drowned in for two weeks after Shy's death came back to her, the darkness consuming her all over again. Sunset was left to gawk at the spot where Fluttershy once was, standing in the pouring rain. She probably looked like a mental patient! She certainly felt insane!

Blindly, Sunset navigated through the trees surrounding the cemetery, shivering her ass off and trying to remember the way home. Now that the moonlight couldn't light her way, she pulled out her phone and tried to turn on the flashlight. Just as quickly as she had found a way to guide her, she tripped over and overgrown tree root and lost her phone. She heard a splash and saw her phone's screen go black in the puddle!

"Shit!"

Pulling her phone out of the murky water, she wiped it off frantically with her equally wet and now completely ruined dress. None of the buttons on the side worked, and there was no hope for anything on her phone, save for what had been backed up to the cloud.

Sunset soon found that loss to be wholly insignificant, in light of losing her girlfriend forever... again.

Putting the ruined cell phone in her backpack, she trudged through the trees until she found a dimly-lit road. From there, she could find her way back home, but... Thinking about it now, Sunset didn't really care if she ever made it home. In fact, she found that she really did not want to, given what happened with Shy.
Sunset searched for a reason to keep living, but wound up empty. This was it; she had been swallowed up whole by the void inside her, and there seemed to be no way out. Sunset could only proceed deeper into the void, she just needed–...

Looking down the dark street, Sunset saw a set of headlights in the distance. She stepped back towards the treeline, watching the van intently. 'It would be so easy, just the right timing and I might never have to live with this pain ever again!'

There was a great flash of light and an immediate sonic boom! Sunset saw the silhouette of the approaching van against a bolt of lightning striking the side of the road beside it. Rubber screeched as it wobbled away from the anomalous impact, veering all over the road in a frenzy.

It wasn't far now, and the thought of the driver being so disoriented gave Sunset one last terrible idea. 'I'm sorry, Shy!' Sunset thought to herself as she walked out into the road and braced for the end...


Sunset felt like shit.

Her throat was dry, every part of her ached, and she was laying uncomfortably. A brief glance told her that she was in a hospital room, her left arm in a cast and elevated directly outwards. She was still alive, barely wounded, and would be stuck with hospital bills that she could not afford. Disappointment and shame washed over Sunset like a cascade once her groggy mind fully grasped the depth of the hole she had dug for herself!

With her free hand, Sunset reached up to touch her necklace, but it wasn't there! Looking around the room, she couldn't find any trace of it or anything else she had on her!

Finally the nurse came in, barely managing to smile at her as she exclaimed, "Oh good! You're finally awake!"

"How long was I out?"

The nurse checked the clock before answering, "Just over two days. You were really banged up when you got here. How's your head feeling?"

"Like I don't have a brain anymore."

"Well, that was one nasty concussion you had there! I'm just glad to hear that you can still talk! I'll send the doctor in after I check your vitals."

Sunset was numb to all of the prodding and tests that the nurse was doing, so it all passed by in the blink of an eye.

"Before you go, can I have my necklace?"

The nurse walked over to the foot of the hospital bed and rifled through a giant plastic bag until she produced the necklace adorned with red and pink gemstones. The nurse helped Sunset put the necklace back on since she only had one hand, and then she returned to her rounds. Sunset caressed the two gemstones as she stared off into space, her mind wrapping itself around the fact that Shy had broken up with her as a ghost.

Sunset barely noticed when the doctor came in. He gave her the run-down of her injuries; broken arm– obviously–, bruises, concussion on the back of her head, and a few scrapes from the asphalt. She might walk with a limp for a little bit, but will be fine in the long run, he assured her. Seemingly in the blink of an eye, the doctor disappeared to fetch the nurse, who would discharge her from the hospital shortly.

At some point while she stared into the void, a tray of hospital food and a glass of water was placed before her. Sunset didn't even remember eating it, but surely enough, she somehow managed to choke down the barely edible food and downed the glass of water. Hours felt like minutes, and the sun started to rise outside her window. Sunset had to figure out how the hell she was supposed to go on living, and pick up the broken pieces of her life all over again.

Suddenly, a man in a cheap suit appeared in the doorway. “Miss Shimmer is it?”

Sunset nodded, so he continued, “I represent Mr. King and WEGN on behalf of the studio’s insurance company. Due to the unfortunate circumstances that came to pass last Monday, the insurance company is willing to pay for your hospital bill in full.”

'A lawyer, wonderful!' “Aww, how sweet. Here I was thinking you were going to shake me down for damaging your van!”

“What happened was unfortunate, and nobody is going to benefit from suing anybody or trying to, as you put it, ‘shake you down’. I just need you to sign a few things.”

“Good thing my autograph arm isn't busted.”

Sunset skimmed the innumerable forms and signed, dated, and occasionally initialed where the suit told her to do so. Some of it was legitimate insurance stuff, some of it was to ensure that she wouldn't make a big fuss about being ran over by a weatherman, but all of it was written in legalese vaguely resembling English. It was nothing compared to the Old Ponish textbooks she read during her second year under Celestia’s tutelage. After the last dotted line was signed, the lawyer collected all the forms and his pen, bidding Sunset farewell with a firm but gentle handshake.

As soon as he left, the nurse came back and gave her both a lecture and some discharge paperwork. After barely listening to the things she needs to be careful about and signing away any legal responsibilities the hospital might have, Sunset changed into the clothes she was wearing early on monday morning and carried her things with her out of the room. Putting on Fluttershy's dress with a cast on her left arm was a little cumbersome, but Sunset managed.

An orchid colored girl with rose-colored hair and all-black clothes approached Sunset in the hallway, “Hey. You're Sunset Shimmer, right?”

"I might be. Who are you?"

“I'm Tempest Shadow; I work for Mr. King.”

Sunset stopped, putting up a hand to the girl, “Listen, I signed the paperwork that the insurance lawyer shoved in my face, and I’m pretty sure the fine print says something about talking about what happened.”

“Don't worry, I had to sign more than a few contracts just to keep my job! I was in the passenger seat of the van when we…” She was obviously choosing her words carefully when she continued, “When the incident that may or may not have involved my boss occurred... I actually don’t want to talk about that, partially because we can't.”

“Ohhhkayyy... So, what? You wanna talk about the weather?”

“Funny you said that…”

Sunset raised her eyebrow incredulously, waiting patiently for Tempest to continue.

“Do you remember the odd weather early on Monday morning?”

“What, you mean the rainstorm? What about it?”

“The forecast was for a clear sunny day. Then just as we were driving out to film the sunrise as it…” She raised both her hands up and did airquotes with her fingers, “‘ushered in a beautiful and sunny day’, suddenly it starts pouring rain and a lightning bolt struck the road near our van! I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but our cameraman Grubber was so distracted he didn’t see you in the middle of the road! I looked over to see that pink-haired girl try to push you out of the way and I yelled for him to stop the car. We just barely grazed you–”

Sunset's brain shut down, so she put up her right hand and cut Tempest off, “Wait! Wait wait wait! 'Pink-haired girl'?"

“Yeah? The pink-haired girl that you were with? We couldn't find her after we realized that he side-swiped you. It's like she disappeared into thin air!”

Why was Sunset not surprised? Fluttershy always did embody the element of Kindness; of course she would save Sunset from an impulsive suicide attempt!

“I know this probably sounds childish, but for a while there, I thought I saw…”

Sunset interrupted, “A ghost?”

Tempest's opal colored eyes lit up like fireworks! “You know something, don't you?”

"Not at all. There was no pink-haired girl with me that night."

“Listen, I know when people are lying to me. I can take it from my boss, but I still hate it when people lie to my face!”

"You wouldn't believe me even if I told you the truth." Sunset made a point to laugh and mutter under her breath, "Pink-haired girl, indeed!'"

"Try me!"

“Do you believe in…” She looked around, whispering, “Magic?”

Skeptically, Tempest asked, "Is this a joke?"

Sunset shrugged, "You wanted the truth!"

Tempest raised an eyebrow, looking around before sighing, "Okay, let's say, hypothetically, I said 'yes'; what about it?"

Sunset bit her lip as she admitted, "I was communing with a spirit– someone very close to me– before it started raining. I then..." Sunset looked around the room again and whispered, "I may have... tried to commit suicide that night."

Without hesitation, Tempest stated, "So the pink-haired girl– your special-someone– pushed you out of the way to keep us from doing more damage than a broken arm and a concussion."

"So you do believe in magic!"

"I never said that I didn't!" Tempest flashed a coy smile, her eyes still measured and serious. "Although I gotta say, it's probably not the smartest idea to admit the fact that you attempted suicide, given the paperwork we each signed!"

Sunset froze. Tempest now had some leverage over her because she let something slip that she knew she shouldn't have. But then, she got an idea. "Give me your hand real quick."

Tempest chuckled, "What now, are you going to read my fortune?"

"Something like that."

Tempest shrugged and presented her hand to Sunset, palm facing up.

Sunset touched her gemstone and reached for the orchid hand. She felt her powers surge as she saw a bright and hopeful young woman auditioning for a job as a news reporter. Sunset saw through Tempest's eyes– or rather Fizzlepop Berrytwist's eyes– as she worked hard to secure a position as a reporter for WEGN, only to completely blow it the second she was on the air. Sunset watched her get fired, but she also saw a tall grey man with snow white hair offer her a position as his assistant.

And by 'assistant', he apparently meant 'lackey', because that's exactly how Mr. King treated her! But a job is a job, and when Tempest started learning graphic design, Mr. King started taking greater interest in her, promising her that he would make sure she had a second shot at being a reporter. Soon she was in charge of the VFX on his weather segment, as well as doing work that more accurately fit her position as assistant. But even as she became more useful to Mr. King, he made sure that he was the one in the spotlight and she was under his thumb!

"Why does he make you go by 'Tempest'?"

That wiped the smug grin off of the dark girl's face! "What?"

"Well, your name isn't really 'Tempest Shadow', so why did he make you take that name?"

"It's... It's a motif, since he's the 'Storm King', it would be pun-tacular if his assistant were named Tempest!"

"And the 'Shadow' part is because you're living in his shadow, isn't it?"

"How did you–... What did you do?"

Sunset shrugged, "Magic!"

"Ah, Tempest, there you are!"

The man from Tempest's memories walked up to them, carrying a Styrofoam cup and wearing a suit that looked like it was custom-designed for a pretty penny! "Believe it or not, I actually managed to find a decent cup of coffee in this hellhole!"

Tempest simply cleared her throat and composed herself as she explained, "Mr. King, this is Sunset Shimmer, that girl who may-or-may-not have been injured by a certain station’s weather van?"

Grimly, the loudmouthed suit grumbled, "Oh yeah, Cemetery Girl." As if Sunset were too deaf or young to understand, he mustered a smile, giving her an aggressively-firm handshake as he boasted, "I'm The Storm King, Channel 7 Meterologist. Pleased as punch meet you, doll!"

Sunset smiled and stroked his ego a bit, "It's not every day you sign nondisclosure agreements for something involving the best weatherman in the tri-state area!"

He ate it up like dog chow! "Fan of the show, I presume?"

"Oh, absolutely!" She hadn't watched a weather report in her life, let alone seen this gullible douche on TV.

"I'll let you in on a trade secret; this purple girl helped me vamp up the show with her magic touch!"

'Ooh, a trade secret? Lucky me!'

Like a trained animal, Tempest stated, "Mr. King is too generous; I merely run the visual effects, designed all the graphics, and handle the technical side of things. It's his personality and vision that makes him the greatest weatherman-slash-meteorologist this side of the Mississippi River!" None of it sounded genuine, as if she had practiced it every time she got dressed for work. Having seen her memories, she probably had to bark that rhetoric to keep her job!

And again, the so-called Storm King couldn't get enough! "Couldn’t have said it better myself! Well, I could have, but I prefer that Tempest be the one to say it!"

Even without seeing it through Tempest's eyes, Sunset knew this guy's type: he talked a big game and inflated his public image, but the man behind the curtain was a nothing more than a mediocre, extroverted narcissist. People like Tempest were just underlings and tools he could use to further his agenda, not coworkers or employees.

"So Tempest, did you find out about... you know...?"

Tempest shot Sunset a look, thinking for moment before she answered, "Unfortunately, no. Our resident fan girl here has no memory of what happened!"

Sunset picked up on the lie, playing it up by saying, "Yeah, it was the weirdest thing; one second I was cutting through the cemetery to get home, and then..." Sunset shook her head lightly and made a face before she said, "Then I woke up with a broken arm! I don't remember anything else!"

"Well, that certainly puts a cloud over my head!" Ugh, what a lame weather pun! "I was hoping that someone who was out that night would have an idea of what happened that morning! That rain and lighting came practically out of nowhere! And the crazy thing is..." He looked around in an exaggerated manner, before pretend-whispering, "The Accu-Weather Doppler didn't even detect it last night! Everyone at the station thinks the three of us are crazy!"

Sunset feigned shock, "Really? Not a single person believes you? But surely everybody in town saw the lightning, or at least the rain!"

Mr. King made a whole-body gesture to show off his facsimile of being dumbfounded, "That's what I said! But apparently, there was only rain and lightning and thunder in that one acre of town! And only the three of us and some girl in the hospital saw any of it!"

Sunset shrugged and exclaimed, "I don't know what to tell you; it must have been ghosts or something!"

That got the air-headed suit laughing with his whole body! He cackled like a monkey as he smacked his knee, bent over, and laughed from the bottom of his diaphragm. Tempest and Sunset each shot each other a look as his hysterics carried on, although Sunset was admiring the fact that he never spilled a single drop of coffee! Finally, he stood up and wiped a tear from his eyes as his laughter died down. "Alright, Sunshine, I think we're done here. Nice meeting you! C'mon Tempest!"

He turned to the exit, sipping more of his coffee as he started leaving without his assistant. Sunset moved towards Tempest, speaking softly, "You don't have to put up with a tool like him, Tempest; you're better than that! He hasn't even made good on his promise!"

"Tempest!!! We're leaving!"

Tempest furrowed her brow and stood her ground defiantly. "When will it be my time?!"

"Excuse you?!" Storm King's chipper tone was nowhere to be found; his voice was hostile and outraged as he spoke, "You wanna run that by me again?!"

She clenched her fists and raised her head high, not showing any fear as she called him out, "You promised me that I would have a second chance at being a reporter; when exactly do you plan on honoring that deal?"

"Fizzlepop, get in the van and we can talk about this at the station–!"

"No, Snowy, I want to know RIGHT NOW; are you ever going to give me what you promised, or are you just wasting my time!?"

"Don't you EVER use my civilian name again!"

"You have to choose, Snowy! Either give me what you promised or I'm quitting!"

"Look who put on her Big Girl Panties today! You'll never make it in this business if you quit, and I will NEVER give you your precious fifteen minutes of fame!"

Tempest squared up to the man– even though he stood a whole foot taller than her– and sneered in his face, "Then go find somebody weak and stupid enough to be your pushover! I QUIT!"

Tempest pushed past him, spilling what was left in the coffee cup all over his suit, and stomped out of the hospital faster than "Snowy" could come up with anything to say! Frustrated, he rushed towards the door from which she exited and yelled through it, "This suit alone is worth more than you, Fizzle! You'll never amount to anything!"

That only served to frustrate him more, as he clearly realized that she probably didn't hear him; he would probably be more angry when he realizes he was going to be hard-pressed to find a replacement! With an accusatory tone, he pointed at Sunset and asked, "Did you have anything to do with that?"

Playing dumb, Sunset retorted innocently, "Have anything to do with what? I didn't see anything!"

He puffed up with anger and made a point to storm out of the building. Sunset chuckled to herself as she carried her bag of personal items out the door. She didn't see Mr. King as she walked outside, but she heard the van peel out of the hospital parking lot. Sunset just smiled and took in her surroundings. It was a wonderful Wednesday afternoon, and Sunset had no idea what to do with the rest of her day.

Fortunately, someone else had decided for her. "That was probably the second stupidest-thing I have ever done in my entire life!"

Sunset turned to see Tempest hiding in the shade of a tree, slumped against the trunk facing the building. She smiled at Tempest and walked over to sit with her. "What would be the stupidest?"

Tempest nodded, eyes gesturing towards Sunset's necklace, "You tell me!"

Sunset smiled and answered "The day you accepted a job from that chauvinist?"

Tempest's smile faded a little as she answered, "The day I believed that he would actually do anything for anybody other than himself!"

Sunset reached out to pat Tempest's shoulder, "I'm sure I've done worse!"

"Well, it'll be hard for The Storm King to put on an amazing segment without this..." Tempest unzipped her bag and showed off a laptop, external hard drive, and a fleet of SD cards and flash drives. "I designed and managed all of his bells and whistles, but to my knowledge, he doesn't have any copies of the effect or any knowledge of how to do what I did." Affecting her voice into a playfully evil tone, Tempest exclaimed, "I think I will enjoy watching the Storm King lose his crown!"

Sunset raised her good arm for a high-five, which Tempest eagerly returned! "Now that's what that bastard deserves! I think I'll be hosting a viewing party at my place!" Immediately after saying that, Sunset remembered the horrendous state in which she left her loft! That will be the first of many reorganizations and cleanses she will be doing in the near future!

Tempest met her eyes and nodded, but seemed to be deep in thought. "What the hell am I going to do now?"

Sunset rubbed the back of her neck as she offered, "Well, my loft is pretty much a garbage heap at the moment. If you were interested in helping me clean up, I'd be willing to pay you for it! And then from there, I could probably help you find a job."

'After a hot shower and a change of clothes, of course!' She thought to herself.

Tempest searched Sunset's eyes, confused, "We only just met, why are you helping me? First convincing me to quit working for that asshat, and now this? Why?"

"Because that's what friends do, Tempest."

The orchid girl smiled and confidently requested, "Call me Fizzlepop."

Sunset smiled back and hugged her new friend. In that moment, she felt grateful that Shy had saved her life. Sunset had to stop dwelling on the past and remember how great it feels to live in the present!

Fizzlepop pulled away and motioned towards the road. "Let's see this loft of yours!"

Just as Sunset went to speak, her stomach gurgled like some kind of horror movie monster! After a moment of stunned silence, Sunset and Fizzlepop burst into laughter and helped each other to their feet!

"Come on! Let's go get something to eat!" Sunset wrapped her arm over Fizzlepop's shoulder, pulling her in close as they started walking down the street.

"Where'd you have in mind?"

"One of my friends works at this diner that serves the best food in town! And then, if you have time and would still like to know about magic, I know this bookstore that serves really great coffee”


Author's Note:

The idea to make Tempest into a failed reporter turned VFX master was not borrowed from, inspired by, or suggested by any outside sources. I simply pitched the idea in the Who We Become Discord Server and spit balled with some of the peeps there. If this seems similar to anyone else's headcanon for Human Tempest, then it's just a coincidence. I'd love to think that Storm King has some kind of cutesy name like Snowy, which he distances himself from because of its cuteness. :rainbowlaugh:

Thanks again to: Krickis, Starry, Bolt (TallFry), Krixwell, and my wonderful partner, Misty, for being my biggest supporter.

Comments ( 8 )

And finished. That was a sweet ending, all things considered. I was ready for it to hurt like hell, but I walked away feeling pretty good about things here. A fantastic story all in all and I'm glad to have read it :yay:

9836011

Not many stories would go where this one is, and it's clear you're writing from a place of knowledge when you talk about stuff most of us would know next to nothing about.

May I ask what specifically you meant?
And while I have been trying to master the art of making reader feel pain, the Human Tempest stuff made me try to give this depression exploration a glimmer of hope.

9836738
I was referring to stuff like paganism and real world magick. It's not something many people know a lot about, not it's clear you wrote from a point of personal knowledge on the subject.

Yeah, I plan on tackling the subject again in another fic. I actually also wrote a research paper in college English on various pagan traditions, witchcraft, its misconceptions/eronious association with Satanism, and Neo-Paganism and Wicca. That process converted me from Christianity-shunning Nihilist to a Pagan Witch with a Nihilistic view of societal norms.

The first two chapters had the sorrow, joy, romance, loss, magic. But i thought that this last chapter really stands out as the best of the three by allot. I expected the ending to be far more depressing (which kinda makes me wonder why it has a tragedy tag as it ends on such a hopeful note).

Love the ideas with tempest and storm king.

Thanks for messaging me about this. You've made a follower out of me.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

An original idea for Tempest, but I wish she had either been a larger focus in the story or in a completely other story to begin with. Her cameo and backstory just have nothing to do with the story about Sunset being unable to let Fluttershy go. Oh well.

9936722
I appreciate your opinion, even if the time/word constraint I was under makes the point sour.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

9936894
That happens! :B

Login or register to comment