• Published 11th Aug 2012
  • 2,645 Views, 47 Comments

Mega Man: Operation Ponyville - Captain L



Rock is a lab assistant robot pony built by Doctor Light, who takes on the mantle of Mega Stallion.

  • ...
6
 47
 2,645

Special: Happy Birthday!

I'll say it here. Mega Man is amazing. If I didn't think so, I wouldn't have spent my time writing this story. In fact, Mega Man is my favorite series of games. Heck, it's my favorite series of anything. The original Mega Man X is probably the only game I've every played that I would consider perfect. It's that great.

Mega Man is probably one of the games that got me into retro gaming in the first place. I remember all those years ago, playing Mega Man 6 for the first time. I remember beating my very first Robot Master ever, Air Man. I remember beating the Game Boy version of Mega Man II. And there was the time I struggled through a really bad illness I had, just trying to beat the NES version of Mega Man 2 for the first time.

It would take me too long to explain why I love Mega Man the way I do. It would take me too long to try and show how much the series has shaped and inspired me. It's a series I truly love, seeing as how I've struggled through some of the worst it has to offer (the DOS games, the Game Gear game, X6).

I'll admit, though it hasn't hit me as hard as some others, the last few years haven't been great for the Blue Bomber. Sure, the comic series is really good (from what I've read). The Megamix and Gigamix books came over to America, so that's nice. The Megas released a new album based on Mega Man 3 (seriously, if you haven't, go listen to it). But, cancellations everywhere. Mega Man Universe, Legends 3, Rockman Online. And then people got really upset about Rockman XOver.

But let's forget the bad the series has had, just for one day. Because today is a day to celebrate. Our little game series has grown up, and things don't look too bad to me. Today is the day we bask in all the great memories this series has given us. The times we've beaten Wily, the times we've beaten Sigma, the times Zero died. Enjoy it.

Well, that's enough of the sappy. I'm gonna go play Street Fighter X Mega Man. If it ever finishes downloading, of course.

Author's Note:

Well, this is a convenient little box. Would've been nice to have when I was originally writing the story.

Comments ( 13 )

VIVA THE BLUE BOMBER! I wish the game would actually download though. :raritydespair::fluttershyouch:

:flutterrage:
How dare you not make Rainbow Dash Airman!
How am I supposed to use this joke now?!

...wait

2499072
I can't defeat Quick Man
No matter how I try to dodge his boomerangs, he always kills me again
And even though I can get behind him, it's no use
I try to stay away, but he catches up in the end
I shoot as fast as I can, but when I have to go against his boomerangs, I'm always helpless again
I'll try again of course, but this is my plan
I'll keep my E-Tank saved in reserve just as long as I can

2500090
:pinkiehappy:
I love you.
:scootangel::twilightsmile::ajsmug::yay::moustache::rainbowlaugh:
Now then...
It just occured to me,
That the quick beams started coming again,
If I don't use Time Stopper now I will never survive.
I never will give up,
but it's so difficult to navigate this world,
and now I see that I'm playing with my final life.
If I had the Crash Bombs then I would be fine,
It would make it so much easier to take down Quick Man,
But every time
Somehow every time
Somehow every time
I lose.
I can't defeat Crash Man,
No matter how I try to dodge his falling bombs he always kills me again,
And even though, I can get behind him
It's no use,
I try to fight, but he just jumps away in the end
I shoot as fast as I can,
But when I had to go against Crash Man's explosions I was helpless again,
I'll try again of course but this is my plan,
I'll keep my E-Tank safe in reserve just as long as I can!

Gotta say, though, I expected :ajsmug: to be Gutsman, Or maybe even Charge man, but you went with plant man even though fluttershy was already Wood man, and both weapons they use a very simmilar (though wood man's is unarguablly superior), and for that matter, why not just make AJ wood man and fluttershy Splash woman? It doesn't seem to fit at first, but they both love to sing and are surrounded by animals.:rainbowhuh:

2500150
Because there is no way around making Fluttershy the tree. Also, she really doesn't have any sort of connection to water.
Applejack wouldn't be Guts Man, because she really isn't the paragon of physical strength he is, and she has nothing to do with mining. Also, nothing to do with trains. The closest thing to a trait she has is trees, which were already taken, so plants were the next best option. Plus, my decisions on the Robot Masters were made about 9 months before I wrote the finished version, back when I didn't like Applejack as much. So I made her the flower.

2500192
I was actually referring more to Charge Man's weapon, charge kick. AJ's back legs are undeniably stronger than the average pony's, and charge kick is just plowing through things with leg strength. Armor and weaponry that bolster her already above average strength and speed that plays better to her build seems to fit more than Plant shield.
As for Fluttershy, she does like to sing (though not publically), and you gave Derpy, another pegasus, a water themed suit and weapon (though it does fit better with her cutie mark).
Still, the whole "I wish I was a tree" joke played to its logical extreme is really funny here, and I hope to see more out of you soon.:yay:

2501840
There's a significant difference between AJ's bucking and a Charge Kick. Bucking has a use. Plus, Charge Man himself never kicked, he just ran into you, as trains are wot to do. The Robot Masters I assigned them to was more decided by the Robot Master themselves, not their weapon. Twilight as Magic Man would make perfect sense, but she has no association with Magic Card. Actually, everything about Magic Man seems more fitting of Trixie. Eh, close enough.

More like this, you could always look at Mega Man X: Paradise Lost. If you want to come down with depression. Only made worse by Derpy's chapters in both stories being very close to each other.

2501995
I don't know, I guess my main problem is just with Plant Man in general; he managed to come in first in ScrewAttack's worst robot master list, naming him worse than even the extremely phallic Hard Man and universally hated Top Man. This was their most effective comment:

Here's a list of all the robot masters who could beat Plant Man
(insert list of every robot master from Mega Man 1-10)
...Yes, even Sheep Man could kick Plant Man's $%#

Also, if you ever decide to do a sequel with eight more robot masters...
:eeyup: I nominate this guy for Gutsman!:trollestia:

Hey, don't see many Megaman crossovers these days. This one looks pretty good.
:heart:

note: haven't read yet. But, in the cover art, you kept misspelling 'mane' as 'man'!

so beautiful:pinkiesad2::raritycry: i have the feels man good job

This reminds me of something I read in The MLP Time Loops fic.

Can anyone say "Fused Loop".

I knew you could say.

Login or register to comment