• Published 11th Aug 2012
  • 2,645 Views, 47 Comments

Mega Man: Operation Ponyville - Captain L



Rock is a lab assistant robot pony built by Doctor Light, who takes on the mantle of Mega Stallion.

  • ...
6
 47
 2,645

Chapter 6: Spiky Aquarium of Doom/Carved from Mighty Oak

Chapter 6: Spiky Aquarium of Doom/Carved From Mighty Oak

The serene water of one of the many lakes in Ponyville provided a nice foil to the destruction and chaos that Mega Stallion was facing. Down at the bottom of the lake was the next Robot Master he had to fight. I’m ruining one of the last peaceful places in the town with my violence. Why can’t there be a better way? Doubt and regret had been filling his mind since his encounter with the Doctor. As much as it pained him, he didn’t have a choice if Equestria wanted to survive. The Doctor certainly sounded like he knew what he was talking about. I guess I am the only one who can fight. He suddenly felt cold, though it wasn’t from the temperature. He felt lonely.

“Rock, you’re heading underwater. You won’t be short circuiting or losing any power, but it may be interfering with communications. At least this time, you’re aware of it. Though I still don’t understand how a pony would be living underwater.”

Mega Stallion replied, trying to cheer himself up. “Maybe it’s a water dragon or something. I still want a dragon fight.”

Roll began speaking on the communicator. “Are you okay, Rock? You sound depressed.”

He didn’t want to concern Roll or Doctor Light with his problems. Neither of them would understand the pain of having destruction as their destiny. “I’m fine, Roll. Don’t worry about me. I’m jumping in.” He leaped into the water, sinking straight to the bottom. Upon hitting the lake floor, he quickly noticed, despite the lack of light, the many spikes that lay in the sand. Something tells me that I don’t want to touch those. Also standing down there was a pegasus mare, wearing what appeared to be a scuba diver’s outfit. “How ironic. A pegasus as far away from the sky as they can get.”

She replied, far more cheerful than any other Robot Master that he had fought. “I’ve never been a good flier, so I don’t mind. I prefer having bubbles over clouds.”

“So…are you going to be blowing bubbles at me? This could be fun.”

“Ooh, do you like bubbles too? Bubbles are my special talent! Although I think it should be a muffin, because I love muffins!”

She seems happy. I think it’s spreading, I’m starting to feel much better. “Well, maybe I could get you a muffin if you decide not to fight and we just walk away from this.” He decided to try his hoof at being nice, hoping it would pay off.

She considered the offer for a second. “Wait…are you that bad robot I’ve been hearing about? The one that’s been fighting all of us that are just trying to protect Equestria?”

“Well, I like to think that I’m doing the right thing, thank you very much.”

“So you are! I don’t want to, but I have to fight you to protect Equestria, my friends, and my daughters!”

So she’s a mother too. As if I needed any more guilt. At least this one should be over fast, I think my armor will protect me against bubbles. While he was laughing to himself, his eyes closed for just a second, and he felt a very sharp pain in his front leg. When he looked, there was a harpoon sticking out, and the source was obvious. Now ready to fight, he used his magic to pull out the harpoon, and charged his shot.

Despite the dark and somewhat murky waters, the fight was intense, plasma and harpoons firing at every angle, both taking care to dodge the many spikes that littered their arena. The pegasus decided to do something different and fired a bubble. Mega Stallion didn’t even bother moving, still denying that something like a bubble would do anything. It popped over his head, and had no effect.

The pegasus seemed confused. “Why didn’t it do anything? The Princess said that it was filled with deadly sulfuric gas.”

“That’s your problem. I’m a robot, remember? Gases and poisons have no effect on me. Word of advice: just stick with the harpoons.”

Continuing on as if nothing had happened, Mega Stallion emerged victorious, though badly damaged. Her armor exploded, and he received the Bubble Lead. He was ready to teleport back when he looked back at the pegasus, noticing she wasn’t moving. It hit him for the first time that they were underwater, and that she was going to drown.

He attempted to go over to help, but could barely move due to the many open cuts from harpoons. After what felt like an eternity, he finally reached her, and started swimming up. Looking down at her while ascending, he realized that she didn’t have enough time to make it to the surface. No! This would be so much easier if I could just give her the bubbles! I need more time! Wait…time! He activated the Time Slow, turning himself purple, and slowing down time around him. Still moving at normal speed, he reached the surface of the lake, and collapsed on the sand.

Exhausted from both the fight and the Time Slow, he couldn’t stand or sit up to see how the pegasus was faring. He began to worry when he heard her cough, indicating that she was still breathing.

“Mommy!”

He attempted to find the source of the cry, and saw a small unicorn filly running towards the pegasus. So this must be one of her daughters. The filly hugged her mother, who was now starting to get up. “What happened? Are you alright?”

“I’m alright, muffin. This robot here…”

She was interrupted by the filly. “Isn’t that the robot you told me and Sparkler to stay away from?”

“I know, he did come down to fight me, but he saved me from drowning once the fight was over. He’s a nice pony, you don’t have to be afraid of him.”

As if she was waiting for permission, the filly ran over to Mega Stallion. “What’s it like being a robot? Is it cool to be have weapons? Can you feel this?” She began prodding him with her hoof.

He held his hoof up to stop her. “Please stop. Yes, I can feel that, and it hurts. Speaking of which,” he brought up his communicator. “Doctor Light, can you please teleport me back? I’m in serious pain.” He looked back over at the filly. “So, what’s your name? And your mother?”

“I’m Dinky, and she’s Derpy!” Boy, she’s easily excitable. Is this how foals always act?

“Glad to meet you two, and I’m sorry for what I had to do.”

Derpy spoke up. “It’s alright. You’re a good pony, I’m willing to trust you’re doing the right thing. I’m not hurt. So, if you’re interested in who we are, what’s your name?”

He felt the teleport starting, and knew he only had a few seconds left in the conversation. “My name is Mega Stallion.” Once the sentence was out of his mouth, he was back at Doctor Light’s lab.


After repairs were finished, Mega Stallion was once again sent back to Ponyville, now standing outside an apple orchard. There were apple trees spreading to the horizon, where the sun was beginning to set, and dark clouds were moving in. He walked through the main gate, a sign reading “Sweet Apple Acres” hanging above it.

Now how am I supposed to find my target here? He wasn’t even sure that he was going anywhere, he was constantly surrounded by apple trees and nothing else. There’s no way that the farmers can actually navigate this. He heard a crash in the distance, and ran to investigate. Although he had fought many silly robots, nothing could have prepared him for this. Standing there, bucking trees, was a pony wearing full flower armor.

He couldn’t stop himself. He fell onto the dirt laughing, completely unable to speak. The flower mare noticed him, and just glared. Her harsh stare wasn’t enough to dampen his mood, however. Now getting angry, she threw an apple at his head, which, while not hurting as much as the diamond, was still enough to get him to stand up straight.

“That’s better. Now, why did ya’ll come down to mah farm?”

“Maybe I just wanted some apples. Seriously, you don’t know who I am? The last ponies I fought were expecting me.”

“So it’s you! You’re the one that’s been causing havoc and fighting mah friends! So now ya’ll are here to beat me and hurt mah family!”

“Another family mare, okay then. Don’t worry, this is only going to hurt if you make it hurt. I’ll give you one chance to surrender, and I’ll just walk away. Now, can I assume you won’t take it and we’re going to fight, me coming out on top.” He saw her mouth begin to open. “No need to comment, I’ve done this enough times, I know the formula, let’s just do this.”

The flower nodded, bringing up a flower shield. Mega Stallion sighed. “I’ve already proven that I can get through a shield of diamonds. You think flower petals can stop me?” He fired, shield blocking his attacks. “Oh, so we’re operating on the Leaf Shield principle here. Alright, I still know what to do.”

She began jumping around, leaping from tree to tree, continuously throwing apples at him. Apples only splattered against his armor, barely even denting it. “Apples aren’t doing anything. Maybe you should use a different attack.”

She seemed to agree, leaping from behind him and landing on his back. A few well-placed punches to the back of his head weakened him, and she activated her shield, cutting him with flower petals. He slid, knocking his rider off, and fired. The shot collided, knocking her back against a tree, which shook a few apples loose onto her head.

She was pretty angry now. “That’s it! No more nice pony! We’re doing this the old-fashioned way!”

“And that would be…?”

“Hoof-to-hoof combat. No weapons, just our own bodies. Armors allowed.”

“Then let’s do this!” He reared his hind legs, ready for a kick, only to be perfectly matched by her kick. Further kicks only repeated this. We’re pretty evenly matched. This could be fun. They both leaped high into the air, only grappling each other on the way back down. Already having the other in a headlock, they ended up wrestling back on the ground.

Mega Stallion saw an older red stallion walking towards them. He simply looked at their wrestle, said “Nnnnope”, and walked away. This really couldn’t get any more awkward. As if to prove him wrong, the mare suddenly wrapped her hind legs around his head. Never mind. This is much worse.

A solid punch to the flank was enough to shake his attacker off, and following with a suplex finished the fight. He charged his buster, while smugly saying “Sorry. I understand this is cheating.” The charged shot hit her chest, destroying the armor, and giving Mega Stallion the Plant Barrier. Just what I needed. Another nature shield.

He looked back at the mare he had defeated, an orange earth pony, who was struggling to stand. “I didn’t hit you that hard, you’ll be fine in a few hours. You put up a good fight.”

She uttered a soft chuckle. “Years of apple buckin’. Ah need to apologize, ah was bein’ real stubborn. Ya’ll did nothing to justify me gettin’ so angry.”

“It’s not a problem, I’m used to it by now. No hard feelings.”

“That’s nice to hear. I’m Applejack, by the way. Would ya’ll like to stay for some cider? Think of it as an apology gift.”

“I’m Mega Stallion. Sorry, but I can’t stay. Not only do I still have a mission to finish, but I need to get these wounds repaired.” He teleported out, back to the lab.


He arrived at his destination, Doctor Light and Roll standing in front of him. Both of them were staring at him. Mega Stallion realized that he had flower petals sticking out of him. He growled, saying “Not. A. Word.”