• Published 27th May 2019
  • 346 Views, 3 Comments

My Little Pony: The Accursed Friendship - TheStrategicGod



How would you feel when someone took something that wasn’t there’s? Now that pony is back to reclaim its possession.

  • ...
 3
 346

Chapter 3: One Friendly Conversation

My Little Pony: The Accursed Friendship

Chapter 3: One Friendly Conversation


(Castle of Friendship)

“Umm, y-yes I am. How do you know that exactly?” Twilight asked in a slight mixture of suspicion and curiosity.

“This town’s mayor had provided me with this castle’s owner along with word that you have various books of all subjects.” She nodded. “I am by no means familiar with the inhabitants of Ponyville and it’s surroundings. So it took it upon myself to locate the information of this lovely town so that I could be familiarized with it. I do hope that you have books and maps regarding this area?” Twilight smiled.

“Oh! You like to read to? Please come in.” He nodded politely did as he was asked.


“So why did you decide to come to Ponyville Bookmark?” Twilight asked. Bookmark looked all around the castle before answering.

“Shortly after visiting many towns, cities and the like, I’ve been searching for something of great importance.” He looked like he was trying to find the right words. “I’ve been looking everywhere, searching every nook and cranny of every city and town with no such luck. I arrived here in hopes of another attempt at any leads.” Twilight smiled warmly.

“Well, I hope you can what your looking for. Ponyville is very lively town, trust me when I say you won’t get bored here.” Bookmark let out a small chuckle.

“Heh, so I’ve heard.” It was only a couple of minutes before Twilight and Bookmark arrived where they should, the library. When Twilight opened the door they were greeted with her number one assistant.

“Oh hey Twilight who was at the door?” Spike asked as Twilight gestured to Bookmark.

’Thats not very nice Spike.’

“This is Bookmark, he just recently moved to Ponyville.” Spike walked up to him and raised his claw.

“Nice to meet you, I’m-“

“Spike, only dragon in Ponyville from what I’ve gathered thus far, would I believe to be correct in that assumption?” Spike gave this weirded look at him.

“Uh, yeah how did you-“

“Know? I simply overheard your little conversation about me, or should I say opinion about me.” Spike winced a bit.

“Oh you heard that?” He let out a sheepish chuckle. “S-Sorry man, I didn’t mean to say that, it’s was just a accident and-“ Bookmark muffled out Spike’s mouth with his hoof and smiled.

“Believe me, I’ve have my fair share of looks and whispers. Talking behind one’s back was not a rare occurrence either. So don’t think for a second that you’re in the wrong here.” Still feeling unsure, Spike let out a slow nod. Bookmark turned to Twilight. “Now, I believe that you were about to show me books regarding my current situation.” Twilight nodded as she showed him where they were.

“Would you like me to show you around the various categories?” Twilight offered.

“Your offer is appreciated, but unnecessary. Plus, this grants me the satisfaction of running into useful information for future events.” Bookmark left the group to walk around the room. As Bookmark kept browsing the sea of books, the door opens up again to see Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash barging through it.

“Hey Twilight, you have to try these new cupcakes Pinkie made! They’re so good!” Rainbow exclaimed as she flew inside the room. Pinkie came along with her and smiled.

“Yeah! I call them the Super Duper Scrumdeliuptious...umm.” Pinkie shrugged her shoulders. “Meh, it’s a work in progress.” She turned around to see Bookmark looking around various books, occasionally taking one out of the shelf, looking at the cover and putting it back. Perking up, she zoomed over to him.

“Hiyah mister! Are you a new pony in town?” She asked as Bookmark turned towards her. “It’s awesome to meet you! I’m-“

“Pinkie Pie. Am I correct?” He answers calmly shocking everyone in the room, with Pinkie’s mouth agape like a fish. She lets out loud gasp.

“You know who I am!? Are you psychic? Oh! What about her? What’s her name?” She points to Rainbow Dash, shaking excitedly hoping for him to get it right, but he just chuckles warmly.

“Unfortunately that is a power beyond my capabilities, I had simply walked among Sugarcube Corner to sedate my need for food. While doing so I was discussing pastries with I’m assuming is your boss, Mrs. Cake. She mentioned you in our conversation and told me you working there has to be proven above satisfactory for them.” Pinkie’s mouth formed an O shape in wonder.

“I know. The Cakes are awesome! Like there was this one time when had to make a really big order for Colgate along with-“ Bookmark muted her out as he looked at Rainbow’s way.

“Pardon me for interrupting, but from the looks of your “dramatic” entrance, I assume you have an ulterior motive for arriving here in this particular area.” Pinkie nodded rapidly and dashed beside Rainbow.

“Yeah! We heard there was a new pony in town and I got excited and wanted to meet him!” Bookmark looked at Pinkie inquisitively.

Him? Did she know about me beforehoof?’ Bookmark shrugged off the thought for the time being as Pinkie gestured to Rainbow.

“This is Rainbow Dash! She’s the fastest pegasus pony in all of Equestria!” Rainbow lifted her chest up in pride while giving off a smug smirk.

“That’s right! And don’t you forget it!” Rainbow hovered up to Bookmark. “I’m Rainbow Dash, resident weather pony and the awesomest pony around!” Bookmark smiled and shook each other’s hooves.

Technically not a word but whatever.’ Bookmark thought as he got a better look at Rainbow’s characteristics. ‘Glad I got her occupation correctly, brash, possibly stubborn to a T, with a high amount of unnecessary pride to her.’ He internally smirked. ‘Must be really easy to get a rise out of her.

“Being the fastest pony in ALL of Equestria must be a quite the broad statement for one as such as yourself.” Bookmark walked up to her with a challenging smirk. “Is it possible you can ascertain this information by demonstrating your flight prowess to me?” Rainbow raised her eyebrow looking at him for a couple of seconds until Twilight spoke up.

“He doesn’t believe you’re fast.” Rainbow narrowed her eyes.

“Oh yeah? Then why don’t I prove it to you?” Rainbow getting in front of Bookmark’s face. He only smirked.

“Then perhaps I would it be possible to record your speed and time? I would be delighted to further my research on the average pegasus and flight patterns.” Rainbow and Pinkie looked at each other before shrugging in unison.

“Ready to prove me wrong?” He smirked.

“You bet I am!”

“And...Go!” Bookmark pointed to the entrance as Rainbow raced out of the castle. Pretending to look at the clock afterwards for a couple of seconds, he turns his attention to Twilight.

“I hope to not become a bother, but is there any possible way to acquire some herbal tea by any chance? I don’t believe I had anything else other than the pastries before coming here.” Twilight nodded and giggled a little.

“Don’t worry about it, I’m sure I can find something in the kitchen.” Bookmark muttered a thank you before she left.

“And Pinkie.” She looks at him. “Mrs. Cake has treated me well with her delicious pastries.” He pulls out a scroll from underneath his cloak. “Allow me to offer you a gratuity for her efforts.”

“Ooooh! What is it?” Tilting her head in curiosity.

“It’s a recipe for various cupcakes and muffins from my mother, I’m sure your family will have much better use for it than mine.” She snatches it out of his hoof.

“Do you really mean it?!” He just smiled.

“Believe me, you will have much better use for it than for an individual like myself.” Suddenly without so much as a blink, Pinkie rushed towards him and gave him a bone crushing hug.

“Ohthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!” A look of shock and fear plastered on his face as he was being squeezed like a big teddy bear.

W-what is this...pain?’ he thought as if it was a new experience for him. Before he could beg for his life, Pinkie zoomed out of the castle without a trace. Spike noticed his look of confusion and smiled.

“Yep, that’s Pinkie Pie for you. Just one big pony made of energy.” Bookmark raised an eyebrow at him.

“So then she’s always like this?”

“Oh yeah, Twilight kept trying to find the reason for her antics. Turns out it was a waste of time and we just gave up and accepted it.”

“Is there a reason for it?” Spike shrugged.

“Like I said, we gave up trying to figured it out, take it from me and don’t bother trying, it’ll only hurt your brain more in the long run.” Bookmark looked deep in thought.

Hmmm...there must be a way to control the unpredictability, nothing can be that random as he claims.’ He looked at Spike again.

“So....this Pinkie, I’ve seen excitement sure, but from the looks of it, she seems to radiate it non stop. I’ve haven’t seen anything like it.” Spike nodded.

“Yep, that’s just how she is, she always likes to put a smile on everypony’s face, she’s the Element of Laughter after all.” Bookmark perked up at the fact.

Element of Laughter? As in one of the Elements of Harmony? They have names now? Just how long was I gone for?

“Element of Laughter?” His confused look made Spike raise his eyebrow as well while setting his comic book down on the table.

“Yeah, you’ve heard of the Elements of Harmony right?” He nodded.

“I have yes, but to an extent.” Spike was about to speak before Bookmark raised his hoof. “I only recall the existence of them, but I don’t remember them having names for each one. Which reminds me, do you mind telling me the names of the other elements?” Spike shrugged.

“Well, there’s Laughter which you already know is Pinkie Pie, then there’s Loyalty which is Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy’s Kindness, Applejack’s Honesty, and Rarity’s Generosity.” Bookmark took note of the names for future reference in his head.

“I’m surprised you didn’t know this, it’s common knowledge in Equestria.” Bookmark clicked his tongue.

“Common knowledge doesn’t necessarily mean they know of it, besides, when you’ve been traveling all around Equestria like I have, you tend to forget a few things.” Spike shrugged in agreement, or at least Bookmark thought he did, so he changed the subject. “Speaking of which, do you have any books regarding the Elements of Harmony? It would be great to have a refresher of it.” Spike nodded, getting up from his seat looking around the room.

“Sure, should be somewhere in the history section...ah here it is.” Spike pulled out Bookmark was looking for. It was a brown coloured book with gold trimmings on it. It had no title but on the front it had a golden symbolic unicorn head with teal eyes. “It’s a little outdated, but it should get the job done.” Handing it to Bookmark, he smiled in response.

“My gratitude Spike, are there any other books similar to this?”

“Hmm...I think so, let me check.” Spike walked around browsing around. As he was talking to himself Bookmark looked at the direction of the kitchen, thankfully and quite questionably, Twilight was still in there.

I can sense powerful magic in this castle, if my theory’s right this should work.’ He then proceeded to focus his magic. His hoof glowed a dim grey light, putting his hoof on the book, he grabbed it and put it under his cloak. ‘Apologies, but I need this more than you guys.’ After sitting back down Spike came back carrying three books in his arms.

“Here you go, you can check them if you want.” Bookmark politely nodded. Looking at there titles as Twilight came back with a whole tea set.

Heh, been wondering what was taking her.

“Sorry for the wait, wasn’t sure what kind of tea you would like.”

“You never asked.” Bookmark chuckled knowing he asked for it not her.

“I know, you did.” Bookmark laughed at the remark. Took a cup, sipped and put it back on the table.

“I know this may seem completely off topic, but were you always an alicorn?” Bookmark couldn’t help but ask.

“O-oh uh, well no.”

“So then what kind of pony were you previously?”

“Oh I was unicorn before my transformation.” Transformation?

“Did you use a transformation type spell?”

“We’ll sort of, but not from me.” He raised an eyebrow. “Princess Celestia herself gave me the wings.”

“So anypony could become an alicorn?”

“It’s...more complicated than that.”

“Then by all means, explain.”

“Are you sure? It’s quite a long story.” Bookmark nodded.

“Of course, I live for information. To know, is to excel. Knowledge is power as they say.” Bookmark stopped himself before he could start to rant over the topic. Twilight sighed before taking a sip from her tea.

“Well, I guess you can say it all started like this.”


A couple of minutes later Bookmark had put his hoof under his chin in a thinking posture.

“Amazing, truly amazing. And now your the acclaimed Princess of Friendship and royalty?” Twilight smiled as her cheeks lit up a bit at the praise.

“Princess of Friendship? Yes. But I still haven’t gotten used to being royalty still.”

“Truly?” Twilight sheepishly shrugged her shoulders. “I suppose I can’t blame you, your new position must be quite stressful. You surely have big boots to fill.” Twilight looked confused for a second.

“I think you mean big shoes to fill.”

“Heh, with you newfound status and responsibilities? I know what I said.” Twilight and Bookmark both laughed.

“Well thank you for letting me listen to your story.” Twilight smiled.

“Oh it was no problem, I’m glad you understand my point of view. I hope you find it useful.”

More than you ever know.’ “It was, thank you.” Bookmark fake yawned and look at the clock. “My, it’s it that time already?” Twilight looked at the clock as her eyes widened in shock.

“Wow, I guess talking for so long made time fly by.” Twilight hid a small yawn herself and smiled to see Spike pass out probably during her story time.

“Why don’t you two get some rest?” Bookmark suggested as Twilight nodded, but stopped as she remembered to ask something.

“Where are you gonna sleep?”

“Don’t worry, I’ve got that figured out, just get some rest.” Twilight muttered a thank you and left the room with Spike on her back. Bookmark looked at the misplaced books and teacup set and sighed.

Curse my OCD.’ he thought as he started to clean up the place. It only took a few minutes before using his magic once more. He took out one sleeping bag from under his cloak as well as a piece of paper and a quill.

Laughter = Pinkie Pie
Loyalty = Rainbow Dash
Honesty = ???
Kindness = ???
Generosity = ???

As he finished writing his list he finally went under his sleeping bag.

There’s definitely something about this castle. My suspicions can’t be confirmed just yet, but I know I’m on the right track.’ He sighed once more. ‘I can’t say for certain how strong Twilight is right now, but if she’s one of the five Elements, she can be a connection to finding the rest faster.’ He smirked. ‘To know your enemy, think like and be like them.’ With that last thought, slumber finally became one with him, smiling as it did so.

Author's Note:

OMG! Finally done with this chapter! :yay: thanks to everyone for your patience, work once again is not giving me any breaks, so it was kind of hard to continue writing this. Hopefully my next chapter won’t be as a long wait as this one. Thank you again for reading this chapter. Thoughts and criticisms on this story appreciated and I will see you guys in the next chapter.

Sincerely,

TheStrategicGod

Comments ( 1 )

Ok, grammar really could be better, but it could be worse too

Login or register to comment