• Published 27th May 2019
  • 346 Views, 3 Comments

My Little Pony: The Accursed Friendship - TheStrategicGod



How would you feel when someone took something that wasn’t there’s? Now that pony is back to reclaim its possession.

  • ...
 3
 346

Chapter 1: The Worn Out Mask

My Little Pony: The Accursed Friendship

Chapter 1: The Fake Smile


Welcome to the land of Ponyville, where everyday is nothing short of a roller coaster, and in every place, in every turn, you see nothing but hilarity, adventure, randomness, and so much more. A world of colourful ponies, buildings, and the like, live in harmony. But today, unlike every other day, had seemed relatively calm...well, for Ponyville’s standards. As we began to see the outskirts of a train station, a sound of the Friendship Express became louder and louder. Finally coming to a stop, ponies of many colours and sizes come out of the train. But one pony in particular waited for the ones who were leaving to go first. Finally, said pony came out of the train.

“Hmm...so this is Ponyville huh?” By the pony’s voice it appeared to be a stallion. But all we could see were his front and back hooves, which consisted of a dark tangerine colour.

“Excuse me miss?” He asked, the pony turns towards his voice. “Would you be so kind as to tell me the direction of Ponyville?” She points towards behind him. “Thank you.” He said he starts heading out to the direction she showed him.

“So...I’m going back to where it all began, the question is, where could it possibly be?” He thought out loud. “It seems like I have to start from scratch.” With that, he starts to form a plan in his head and heads near the town.


Castle of Friendship

In the Castle of Friendship, Spike had finally finished his last pile of books that he had to reshelve. As he wiped the sweat off his forehead, he turned to see Twilight once again her face in yet another book. Spike walked up to her.

“Hey Twilight, I finally finished reshelving the books.” Spike said as Twilight looked up at him and smiled. She looked up at the clock and widened her eyes.

“Wow, time has surely flown by hasn’t it?” Twilight used her magic to give Spike his comic books. “It looks like you deserved a break.” Spike let out a victorious “yes!” and jumped on a pillow and began reading where he last left off. He was only a few pages in before looking at Twilight’s book, a book he hasn’t seen before had got him curious.

“Hey Twilight.” She looked at him. “What’s that book you’re reading?”

“It’s a book I recently found it when I was bringing some new books into the castle. I saw the title of it and I thought I give it a read. It’s been a while since I read a completely new book.” Spike raised his eyebrow.

“A new book? But haven’t you read every book in all of Equestria?” She smiled.

“Apparently not, and it’s so exciting!” She squealed.

“Well, as exciting as reading a book can get.” Twilight playfully rolled her eyes at him. “What’s it even about anyway?” He asked as Twilight gave him the boom for him look at.

“I didn’t read all of it yet, but the summary is about a stallion who became an Element of Harmony with the rest of his friends.”

“Kind of like you?” Spike inquired.

“Yes exactly! Although it may be fiction, its just so fascinating to see it from somepony else’s view.” Spike looked at the back cover to see the description of the book, but didn’t see a picture of the author or name. Thinking it weird, he turned to Twilight’s direction.

“Did you see name of the character in the story?” Twilight nodded.

“Yes, I believe his name was-“

*BAM*

Both Twilight and Spike jumped in surprise as the doors slammed open, outside of it revealed Rainbow Dash flying in the room.

“Twilight! Did the new book get here!?” She exclaimed loudly as she raced to her. She nodded as Twilight gave her the most recent Daring Do that had been published. She pumped her hoof in the air in excitement before looking at Twilight’s book.

“Hey what’s that? New egghead stuff for you to read?” Rainbow joked as Spike showed her the book.

“It’s a new book that Twilight found.” Spike answered for Twilight.

“So...more egghead stuff?”

“Pretty much.”

“It’s not egghead stuff.” Twilight clarified. “It’s a new fictional book I just happened to come across.” Rainbow looked at the front and the back of the book and raised an eyebrow.

“Isn’t there supposed to be like a picture of the author or something?” Twilight grabbed the back cover of the book expecting Rainbow to be joking again but wasn’t this time.

“Hmm, that’s weird, every book has at least some sort of indicator of who the writer is, so why doesn’t this one?” Twilight asked out loud as Rainbow and Spike both shrugged in unison. Spike broke the silence and looked at Rainbow.

“So Rainbow, you seemed panicked when you got here, what’s with the rush?” Spike asked as Rainbow realized the reason for her hasty entrance.

“Oh I almost forgot, I’m meeting Pinkie Pie for lunch back at Sugarcube Corner!” She said and raced out of the castle. “Thanks for the book!” She yelled out before leaving the castle. At the though of food, Twilight’s stomach began to growl. Spike looked at her while she looked sheepish.

“Speaking of which, we should probably get food ourselves.” Spike nodded as they both got up to leave the castle as well.


(Ponyville)

Twilight and Spike were walking down to the market after there little bite of food to restock on food for the castle. Spike walking beside Twilight gave off a nostalgic smile.

“Wow, even after so long ago, Ponyville still manages to stay the same no matter what happens to it.” Twilight nodded.

“I know, I still remember the very day we first came to this very town.”

“You mean when you stopped Nightmare Moon?”

“Well, there was that, and then I got to meet some amazing friends along the way.” Spike smiled at her.

“You see? Remember when you didn’t need friends at first? But look at you now! You’re the Princess of Friendship and an Alicorn! That just goes to show you how you’ve grown.” Twilight smiled back at him.

“You know, when you say things like that, it makes me forget you’re still a baby dragon.” Spike puffed his cheeks.

“All have you know that I grew a couple of inches.” Spike flexed his arms. “I feel grown up all ready.” Twilight rolled her eyes at him, but smiled nonetheless at his antics.

“Now let’s see here.” Twilight pulled out a list a food items for of the castle and began to skim it. “We need some supplies for Fluttershy’s animals, some desert for Pinkie, and-“

“Oh don’t forget about the diamonds and gems!” Twilight raised at Spike.

“Don’t you already have enough in your supposed “secret stash”?” Spike gasped.

“You know about that!? I mean, I don’t know what your talking about.” Twilight giggled a bit before looking back at her list.

“Excuse me.” A voice called out to her. When she looked up she saw a new stallion she believed has never seen before. He was a slightly darker shade of orange earth pony with a light grey cloak covering his body other than his hooves and face. His mane was jet black and a little bit combed to the left with a little small strand of it above his left eye. His best feature was his silver eyes, his calm and collected posture and warm smile brought his silver eyes to a way better light then I should.

“I was hoping to find a building that associates to citizen enrolment. Do you know where I can look for such a place?” The unexpected stallion talking to her caught her off guard, which just lead to her staring at him for a bit before shaking her head.

“Oh, I’m sorry, are you new here?” She asked as the stallion nodded.

“Indeed, I hail from Manehattan, but I decided to relocate for a much more...peaceful environment.” From Twilight’s point of view it seemed personal so she decided not to pry any more.

“Oh, then you must be looking for the Town Hall, just keep going straight and you should arrive there in no time.” She smiled politely and he nodded.

“Thank you, I’m certain this information will prove beneficial.” And with that he started walking away. Both Twilight and Spike both raised there eyebrows at him.

“He seemed weird didn’t he?”

“That’s not nice Spike.”

“You know what I mean! It’s like he was there, but not there at the same time.” As much as she hated it, she probably had to concur with his Spike.

“I know, his voice, it just seemed so...”

“Cold? Calculated? Composed? Take your pick.”

“Practiced.” Twilight finished off. Spike shrugged his shoulders.

“Maybe that’s just the type of pony he is.” He suggested.

“I hope so.” Twilight dropped the conversion, but something about the new stallion found...weird to her for lack of a better word.


Castle of Friendship

After a long journey, they finally made it back home. When Twilight opened the door they were greeted with two of her best friends.

“Hi Twilight! Welcome back!” This was the voice of the unexplainable unlimited amount of energy, Pinkie Pie as she bolted to Twilight and gave her a bone crushing hug. Before Twilight could become the living embodiment of toothpaste, she kept tapping Pinkie, causing her to let go of her and have the audacity to look embarrassed.

“Hey Twilight, you should’ve been with us! Pinkie made some awesome new cupcakes for ponies to try, but doesn’t know what to call them yet.” Rainbow exclaimed as Pinkie was rubbing her head together with her hooves.

“I know! It’s super duper weird! I usually come up with the bestsest of names, but since a new pony came into Ponyville, I was so excited I forgot about the cupcakes!” Rainbow looked at Pinkie.

“A new pony?”

“Yeah! He seems like a nice pony, I like this big mysterious act he’s got going on with the cloak and his calm attitude.” Twilight and Spike, now realizing and wondering how Pinkie new all of this, came up with a conclusion that would confuse any pony have you not have met Pinkie Pie.

It’s Pinkie Pie” They concluded.

“So what’s this about a new pony in town?” Rainbow getting back on topic.

“Oh, well it’s just that this new pony came into Ponyville to become a new citizen.” Rainbow looked at Twilight for more information, so for a few seconds Rainbow waited until she had enough.

“That’s it? Come on Twilight, there’s gotta be something more interesting than that.” Twilight began to feel uneasy at the statement.

“Well, there is more.” Rainbow, Pinkie, and Spike all sat down as if it about to become story time. “I don’t know what it is, it’s just something about him that...UGH!” Twilight groaned in frustration to try to figure out how to explain her predicament. Spike got up and stood beside her.

“Relax Twilight, maybe you’re just overreacting to this pony. He probably just arrived here just to look for a new home. He said it himself he wants to become a citizen here. If you’re that worried about him, maybe you can look around Ponyville to try to find again.” Spike tried to reassure her but wasn’t proving to be effective. “Look, try meeting the new pony if you get to see him again. You can’t judge a book by its cover.” Twilight sighed knowing Spike was right.

Why can’t I shake this feeling of him? Something’s doesn’t seem right with him, and me. Twilight looked at her new book and smiled a bit. Well at least I can get to read my new book. Before she can even touch the book, a small knock in the front of the castle alerting all four of them. Everyone looked at each other for answers but failed to find any. Twilight cautiously went towards the door and opened it, revealing the cause of her anxiety and worries.

“Good evening Miss Sparkle. I was informed by various ponies you have an inventory of books in this particular residence.” Twilight raised her eyebrow keeping herself on guard of this mysterious stallion

“Uh, yes I do, uh...why?” He gave off a friendly smirk.

“I am by no means familiar with the inhabitants of Ponyville and it’s surroundings. So it took it upon myself to locate the information of this lovely town so that I could be familiarized with it. I do hope that you have books and maps regarding this area?” He asked. Twilight shook off her worries before answering.

“Oh! It’s nice to see a new pony who likes to read. Please come in.” He nodded politely and walked inside, but before he could do so, Twilight smacked her forehead for forgetting a single detail.

“Oh! I’m so sorry but I probably should’ve asked this earlier but-“

“Please.” He put a hoof on her shoulder. “It is I who should be apologizing, I had simply left no time for me to introduce myself before my departure.” Twilight smiled at him.

“Well, why don’t we do so now?” He smiled back at her.

“Yes, that would be proven helpful.” She giggled

“I’m Twilight Sparkle, what’s your name?” She raised her hoof as he smirked and gently raised his hoof.

“I have been called by many, but you may simply call me Bookmark.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, I know it’s been a while, but these past few years I’ve been thinking about this story for awhile when I was working. So here’s my new project. Meet Bookmark, Oooooohhhhh intimidating right? It’s not supposed to, so why is Twilight feel like there’s something wrong? Find out next chapter. And remember without knowledge, people live without fear, and with knowledge, people know not of fear.

Sincerely,

TheStrategicGod