• Published 24th Mar 2019
  • 274 Views, 9 Comments

Salem - Lucy_Marigold



When darkness fell upon the town, something devious happened as others lurked around. Who was to survive in a town as deadly as that of Salem when revenge governs them and morals are so loose that do not exist?

  • ...
 9
 274

Chapter 3 - Good Bloody Morning.

Author's Note:

A/N This story is no longer on a Haitus, although upload will be infrequent and won't be often.

The town shone in the morning light as the sun rose above it, bathing it in a golden glow as each resident opened their doors. Although, the first pony to open was greeted by a grisly scene. Misty held back sobs as she saw the corpse of a pony lay dead in the town’s centre. Crows were picking at it as an eyeball hung from almost completely broken tendons and the pony’s skeleton exposed as crows dug deeper, dried blood was splattered on the ground, organs spilling out. The mare screamed, causing more ponies to burst out of their homes.

“H-He’s dead!” Misty sputtered out, the others looking on in slight shock. Multiple ponies raised their hooves, signing the cross as a few muttered prayers.

“I thought we were used to this by now,” stated Swift Lighting, sitting down on his flank. Swift Lighting was a stallion of many things, mostly terrible things. At the age of forty-five, the stallion had looked down on the other residents for a long time. With a horrid personality and the displeasure of his female residents, he was often the cynical one. He had moved into town when he was a young foal with his now-dead parents when the town was first founded forty years ago.

“Shut up Swift Lighting!” Moira shouted, snapping her a stick under her hoof. Similarly to Swift Lighting, Moira was also cynical. Although, she was different from him in many ways. The mare didn’t enjoy the stallion’s presence as much as he did her’s.

Shadow Nexus trotted forward. Unlike his brother, Shadow was rather reserved, focusing more on the matter at hoof than trivial things such as disagreements. He tore the papers from underneath the rotting corpse’s hoof before reading them aloud. “As you have noticed, Mouse Pad has been found dead. His last will states that as the Sheriff, he was unaware of his duties in which he failed.” Shadow paused, shuffling through to the bloodied page. “This is a note from the Serial Killer. I quote, ‘I am here to rid this town of its ignorant citizens. You have all been warned. Tread careful, Salem.’”

“Mouse Pad didn’t deserve to die,” Scarlet sobbed out, looking at his corpse with a looming sadness.

Vine Flower just stared at the mare, suspicion rooted deeply in her rose-coloured mane. She was a wallflower. A silent witness who watched from a distance. She wasn’t confrontational, rather she would quietly take someone out rather than in public. But she had witnessed something and she had to break her moral code one day. “Scarlet killed Mouse Pad.” She sputtered out, covering her muzzle a second later.

“What?” Mercy had turned her muzzle towards Vine, confusion etched on the mare’s face. The entire town turned and stared at Scarlet, the white and red mare backing toward her home.

“GET HER!” Someone in the crowd shouted as the mare began to bolt. They rushed towards her, fear and paranoia overriding every kind of logic. They screamed and shouted, tugging and pulling on the estranged mare, desperate to seize her. “KILL HER!” “MURDER!” They rioted, dragging her up to the hill.

Surrounded by mares and stallions, the unicorn shrunk, raising her hooves defensively. “I didn’t do it! Vine Flower-”

“What would I have to gain from this?” The other mare proclaimed, waving her hoof around before pointing it accusingly at Scarlet. “All in favour of a lynching?”

The town proclaimed its agreement, those who didn’t were drowned out by the sheer amount of shouts and cries for death.

Doe Spots stepped forward, slipping the nose around the crimson coloured mare’s throat. Vine Flower flew up with the rope, pulling it through the thick tree’s branches as she tugged, the crowd cheering. The strangled gasps and desperate pleas of Scarlet were washed away by the sheer bloodlust the mob around her bellowed.

Parchment slipped from her frock, landing with a quiet thump on the ground. Black Ink slowly lifted it up, shouting to the crowd as minutes ticked by and Scarlet finally ceased to move. “Scarlet, as she will confess, was a serial killer, at least she planned to be. The rest of the will consists of notes that seem to be haphazardly written. ‘Cider, odd and unusual. Mercy. The Mafia discovered me.’”

“I do believe that concludes today's gathering. Good afternoon, everypony.” Doe Spots stated, turning away. Eventually, the crowd followed suit until Mercy stood on the hill alone, staring up at the corpse of Scarlet, a frown on the unicorn’s face.

The Serial Killer was dead.

Comments ( 3 )

9976916
Well, do I have news for you.

Hmm, then it seems we still have a werewolf in our midst. :trixieshiftright:
Great to see an update to this story.

Oh, it seems to continue. Nice to see this story’s still alive!

Login or register to comment