• Published 24th Mar 2019
  • 275 Views, 9 Comments

Salem - Lucy_Marigold



When darkness fell upon the town, something devious happened as others lurked around. Who was to survive in a town as deadly as that of Salem when revenge governs them and morals are so loose that do not exist?

  • ...
 9
 275

Chapter 1 - The First Dawn.

Author's Note:

Sup, I'm re-writing this one first seeing as it was a good-ish story despite being unfinished. Hope you enjoy.

Chapter 1 - The First Dawn.

The decaying corpse of a pony hung, dangling on a rotting tree in the distance, the rising sun illuminating the crows that were perched over it, slowly picking at its meal. Dawn broke up the small huddle of townhouses, fifteen to be exact. One house opened its doors, creaking open. A muzzle peered out of the doorway, glancing around the area as more doors opened. The residents of the fifteen homes emerged, all brightly coloured and standing around a circular area, the wooden gallows in the centre. The first to speak was a dusty purple mare, her dulled orange hair pulled back tightly in a bun. “Good morning. How is everypony this fine morning?” She asked, sitting down on her backside.

“As fine as ever, Moria.” Another mare responded, her blonde hair hung in a ponytail which dangled behind her. She was quite thin compared to another pony beside who turned his head in her direction.

“Nice to see that everyone is alive.” The pony bitterly stated, crossing his arms across his chest. The dark grey earth pony glared at the gathered ponies before speaking again. “We all here?”

“I’ve got the list.” A pale pink pegasus stated, pulling out a scroll from under her wings. She unfurled it, the list dangling down. “Okay. Mercy?” The blonde unicorn nodded, locking eyes with the mare. “Phoenix?” The pegasus glanced around the gathered ponies until she heard a voice above her.

“Up here, Vine Flower!” She glanced upwards, a pale orange pegasus fluttering above her. Phoenix landed beside her, fluffing up his wings before sitting down. Vine Flower sighed, continuing calling names.

“Swift Lighting and Shadow Nexus?” A pair of dark grey stallions looked up, the first nodding.

“I’m here, you dumb mare!” The stallion known as Swift Lighting snapped, looking at his brother who sat beside him. Shadow Nexus pushed his brother sharply in the side. “Sorry.” He murmured quietly.

“Dove Wing, Mouse Pad, Cider and Misty?”

“I’m here!” Chirped Dove Wing as she preened her pure white feathers. The pale blue earth pony beside her looked up from her book, sheepishly grinning and waving a hoof before speaking.

“Sorry... I was reading.” Misty stated shyly, her cheeks flushed in embarrassment. A drunk mare woke up nearby, spurting out nonsense. Cider lifted the bottle back up to her muzzle before collapsing in a drunken sleep. A small earth pony stallion rose his hoof. Mouse Pad was the smallest of the town’s ponies. The pale brown stallion always hiding away.

“Lucy? Feather Doe and Moria?” The three unicorns looked upwards, the pale purple one from before looking with a raised eyebrow. The white unicorn beside her speaking first.

“I’m here. Feather Doe is over there and Moira is right beside me. Scarlet is over there beside Doe Spots and Black Ink is sitting next to you. Can we go inside now?” She snapped, clearly bored.

“I agree with Lucy, the sun is already setting.” Moira agreed, raising a hoof and pointing at the disappearing orb in the distance.

“Fine. Fine. Goodnight everypony.” Vine Flower said, nodding. Slowly, ponies trickling back inside their homes, the wooden doors shutting behind them with loud thunks. The last to enter their home was Moira, glancing out across the now darkened town with a long look of worry and fear.