• Published 7th Aug 2012
  • 2,401 Views, 75 Comments

My Final Destination - CountDerpy

  • ...
10
 75
 2,401

Hard Thoughts

Six Days Later

Clyde Pie comforted his wife and three remaining daughters as they walked away from the funeral pyre, a jar of ashes that were once the fun-loving, free spirited pony held tightly in his wife's hooves. The funeral had been much less extravagant than most ponies would have thought for someone like Pinkie. Knowing her, she probably wanted a big party thrown in her honor, not a small family and close friends only traditional funeral.

Fluttershy was the only one who did not go up to the pyre to pay her respects to the mangled remains that was one of her best friends. She just stood back, leaning against a large oak tree on a hill overlooking the Pie family rock farm. It was odd watching the Pie's show so much emotion, she thought to herself. Even Maud had dropped her normally straight face and was bawling like a filly. Fluttershy knew she felt pain from this loss, bust she knew that was nowhere near as much pain as her sisters had felt for their fallen sibling.

"Fluttershy, we really need to talk." A voice called out from behind her. She didn't even look at the source, knowing that all it would cause is more pain.

"There's nothing to talk about, Twilight." She said as she started to tear up, sniffling as she closed her eyes. All she could see in the darkness was Pinkie and Rarity's smiling faces, both happy but obviously saddened in their own way.

"Like hell there is!" Twilight snapped, her tone carrying both sadness and anger. It was harsh, and Fluttershy recoiled from the sound. Twilight sighed and looked at her. "Fluttershy, I think your having premonitions."

"Premonitions? Like glimpses of the future?"

"Exactly!" Twilight said. "You predicted that the train would crash and kill us all. We all got off but Rarity, Sweetie, and all those others still died."

"How do you know it wasn't just coincidence." Fluttershy asked, trying to downplay her visions too keep from bringing up those painful memories.

"Well I thought you were going crazy with the train thing. I even thought that you caused it to happen for a while because I couldn't think of any other reason why the instances would correlate." Twilight sighed. "But then...you also got a vision with Pinkie's death, and that threw all other theories out the window. Fluttershy, you are having premonitions and we need to figure out why."

Fluttershy said nothing, the cold air and silence hanging between the two mares for what seemed like eternity. Fluttershy felt odd, she felt like something was watching her, lingering over her shoulder but said nothing. Eventually, the silence broke as she looked over at Twilight. "O-okay."


Two hours Later


"Fluttershy, I am going to need to know everything. I want every single detail of what you saw in your..vision.. on the train."

Fluttershy looked at her and frowned. "I really don't think that is a good idea. It...it's so...scary."

"I know it is scary, Fluttershy, but I need to know what happened in the vision." She said placing a hoof on Fluttershy's back. "Please, tell me how we died."

Tears started to fall from her eyes once more as she remembered back to what she saw that day. "W-well we got on the train and it started to take off. The train lunged a bit and that's when the chaos started."

"Please, go on." Twilight urged

"When the train lurched a second time, Pinkie got dragged outside. I think her hoof got hooked on the side of the train. Rarity went to pull her out, but Pinkie got dragged under the train car." Fluttershy looked to Twilight, who grimaced at the thought. "T-then Applejack had a a piece of metal fly through her head. After that everything went into a full on panic. We tried to pull Rarity in, but something had...taken her head off.."

"Oh dear Faust." Twilight cringed, the contents of her stomach beginning to churn in a painful way.

"T-then Spike got..launched from the car into some jagged rocks and died. I thought the best thing would be to get back to my seat...and then Vinyl and I think Applebloom and ...Sweetie... followed and did the same." Fluttershy's tears started to fall in full force. "Then Scootaloo got ground in the fan of some engine that fell through into the car a-and a gear shot out from it and cut Octavia in half and blew Trixie's heart through her head and...."

"Fluttershy, take you time...i..it's fine to..." Twilight couldn't even form straight words as she watched her friend break down in front of her, the growing pain pit of her stomach increasing as she realized that there were not that many ponies left from the car.

"T-then you and Rainbow tried stopping the train... she got launched from the train so I don't know what happened to her...then Cadance's neck snapped when something caught her necklace...we were heading towards a tunnel really fast...b-but you stopped the car in the mountain tunnel with a fence...then..then a train wheel crashed into you and it...it pushed you through the fence you made like a... cheese grater." Fluttershy cried, feeling herself getting sick as she watched Twilight reached for her table side waste bin and the contents of her stomach filled it.

"Dear Faust, that's horrifying." Twilight said between her bouts of retching. "Was there...anything else...that happened."

"The last thing that happened was the second train came and blew up...I think Vinyl, Bloom and Sweetie were incinerated before I was..and then I woke up back in my seat on the train just before I...lost it."

Twilight didn't know what to say to the whole events, knowing that could have easily been their fate. There was, however, a question itching at the back of her mind. "So...we were all supposed to die on that train."

"I..I think so."

"But your premonition saved us from death, yet Pinkie died." Twilight said as she though deeply, wiping away the tears that fell from her eyes at the memory of Pinkie's bloody remains. Then, a horrifying thought captured her. "You had the premonition about Pinkie dying!"

Fluttershy looked at Twilight. "I didn't know it was going to be Pinkie. I just saw the blue lights and the..blood."

"Then how did you know it was going to be Pinkie?"

"I didn't. She was just, doing something at the time and when I looked at her I got the same feeling as..."

"As you got on the train." Twilight said as her eyes got wide as the gears in her head finally lit up the red light bulb that had been so dim before. She quickly looked back at her notes then to the pegasus. "Fluttershy, what was the order that we died on the train!"

Fluttershy looked down and sighed. "P-pinkie, Applejack, Rarity, Spike, Scootaloo, Octavia, Trixie, Candace," She paused," You, Vinyl, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle then Me. I don't know if Rainbow died or not."

Twilight quickly grabbed a roll of parchment and a quill, scribbling out a letter and sending it off with her own magic, not bothering Spike. It seemed to Fluttershy that she was in some kind of crazed rush as she sent off a few more letters. She looked back at Fluttershy, urgency painted across her face. "T-twilight, what's wrong?"

"We need to go see Applejack now!"

Comments ( 11 )

hurray, another chapter. i was really hoping youd continue this.:pinkiehappy:

5601817

and it certainly doesnt disappoint. i look forward to seeing more as soon as you are able.:twilightsmile:

Was wondering what happened to Spike.

that story was awesome can you make another chapter please

Ah yes, two years and still no new chapter. Thankfully, there's only one other story that has taken longer to update in my "Tracking" book shelf.

8283772
I know an i apologize. Things have been a lot rougher than i anticipated over the last couple of years. I have a chapter mostly done for this just sitting in my to edit pile on my laptop with a no longer verified version of Windows. Once i have a new key i'll be able to finish it and some others and continue this. It's killing me not to finish this, no pun intended.

8285604
Oh no it's fine. I was just joking around about stories that have taken a while since their last update in my tracking folder. At least you seem to acknowledge it and still plan to continue writing this, unlike a lot of others.

Good luck to you, dear writer. I hope you get around to finishing this, it's actually good so far.

I read the fanfic but can't figure out the correct order. can someone help me out?

9123265
the order everyone died in

Login or register to comment