• Published 25th Jan 2019
  • 850 Views, 8 Comments

I’m So Happy - Chemtest



The Element of Fun comes to peace, and frees himself into a modern Equestria.

  • ...
3
 8
 850

Chaos and Music

Discord floats over to me, and seethes, “Of corse you are back. Why wouldn’t you be? Have you come to try and kill me again, Tim?”

I keep still, not allowing him to scare me, “Your betrayal of my trust is one of the worst moments of my life. I learned why the ponies hated you so in that moment. I am not here to kill you, Discord, only the corrupted image of Blood you made of me would do that. I am here to defeat you, Discord. You are not yourself.”

I start to move my fingers along the all too familiar instrument, that is at the same time a foreign sensation. I’m a thousand years out of practice, but I still remember how to play like it’s yesterday.

”For a millennia I was left to meditate.
Left alone to contemplate.
To rid myself of fear and rage.
And I’ve woken in a new age.”

Discord snaps out a guitar, and strums a much more aggressive melody.

”For years the ponies were full of hate,
Then I met the Jester, who would grow to be my mate.
Like a friend, I gave help to him, and he to me.
How was I to know a pawn was all he thought me to be?”

My ukulele starts to get progressively faster as I strum it playfully.

”A wonderful world was opened up to me!
With food and drink everywhere to see!
I met a creature who became a friend,
One who betrayed my trust in the end.”

Discord takes his turn by increasing his playful tone as well.

”A chaotic little wonderland,
The Jester and his traveling band!
Two sisters said they wanted it gone,
And they used my friend as their pawn!”

My fingers rush all around the ukulele.

”Then I met Celestia, who claimed to be an alicorn,
A odd mix of pony with both wing and horn.
With both them and Discord I befriend.
And I couldn’t choose a side in the end.”

Discord enters into an angry tone.

”As I was about to die,
My friend just stood on by!
I had to enter into his mind,
And released a beast of a whole different kind.”

I match his angry tone with my higher notes.

”For I was the Element of Fun,
I did not fight, I chose to run.
If either died it would be something to mourn,
But he released the beast, the one by the name of Khorne!”

Discord strums as fasts as his talons can.

”Trapped for a thousand years!
Might be trapped for a thousand more!
Because ponies didn’t appreciate my chaos,
In the good old days of yore!”

I match his speed with almost no effort.

”Now I’m back to fight you!
For the chaos I cannot allow you to do!
The promise I made to my dear Hoofler!
Means I have to protect her!”

Discord slows down a bit, and meets my eyes.

”We are both brothers, trapped in stone.
We are both men, both enjoy their song.
We can play it all day long.
Just help me get back my throne.”

I don’t falter in my strum, and strum harshly to knock Discord off with my next verse.

”You are not the one I knew anymore.
You are now corrupted down to the core!
Fear has left behind a unmistakeable taint.
You are no longer the same saint!”

Discord leans back, and enters back into his aggression.

”Now they come to freeze once more, the Elements!
Because in their heart there is no acceptance!
They come now because they are fools!
To imprison me with their fancy jewels!”

I strum out a final verse.

”Very well, maybe you will learn this time.
Look back and lament your crime.
Because you just won’t admit,
Elements, hit it.”

Discord’s guitar stops suddenly as he hears the sound of magic behind him. He turns around to see six bright mares with necklaces on, and a rainbow laser traveling towards him. He screams in fear and pain as the beam hits him and turns him to stone. He screams out one last time before his mouth is frozen, “Tim!”

I sadly shake my head at Discord’s fate. To be trapped for another thousand years, he’ll only be even more mad when he is released then.

The purple unicorn, the Element of Magic, approaches me, “What are you?”

I send away my ukulele before scratching my chin, “What am I? A common question I ask myself.” I hold up fingers as I list stuff off, “Well, currently I am sad, happy, feeling strange, talking to an Element, breathing air, beating my heart, all that stuff. Oh, I am also a musician, the Jester.” I smile, “Oh, you probably meant what my name is. See, that’s a better way to say it. Semantics, my dear.” I nod towards her, sending my bells a-ringing, “I’m Tim, the Jester. Pleasure to meet a fellow Element.”

She opens her mouth to continue, “But what-“

She is interrupted by the sound of hooves hitting the ground, and another female voice speaking, “We knew it was you. We could hear your music a kilometer off.”

I look to see Luna, who quickly rushes into me and hugs me tightly. I laugh a bit, “My Luna, we didn’t even speak back then. If this is how royalty greets people this age, then I like what Celestia has done.”

She backs away, slightly embarrassed, “Sorry, it’s just been so long since we’ve seen a familiar face.” She regains her composure as she looks at both me and the Elements, “Tim, Celestia will want to talk to you, we will fill you in on details of the going on’s of the new age. Elements, we will inform you about Tim. He is not an enemy, that’s what you need to know now.”

The Element of Magic nods, “Will I get to ask him questions later?”

Luna shrugs, “That’s up to Tim.”

I smile as I lean over to her, “Do not worry my dear, I’m full of answers for any question you have.”

Luna looks at the both of us, especially me with my back bent backwards at such a way it should break. She shakes her head, “Whatever. Follow us.”

Comments ( 3 )

'Bout time I got to reading this, and I was not dissapointed by the two chapters you have up so far

Login or register to comment