• Published 3rd Jan 2019
  • 961 Views, 15 Comments

Empress Dragon - Mystic Sunrise



Cosmos and her first Exarchs show the new girls one of the perks that comes with their new station in life

  • ...
25
 15
 961

Moon Petal

Moon Petal admitted to herself, as she watched Amber, Diamond, and Ivy take a few laps around the clearing, that she was jealous. No matter whether they could all do this or not. Was that such a bad thing?

Cosmos seemed to pick up on her thoughts for she smiled down at her. "Do you want to go next, Moon? We still have plenty of time."

Moon nodded, closing her eyes as Cosmos and Ocean gave her a wide berth. She was rather excited by what kind of dragon she might get as she concentrated. For a moment, nothing happened, and then she felt something call back to her, before latching onto her from behind with a lurch.

Cosmos blinked as storm clouds began to gather above them. Odd. The weather usually never acted like this. Even in this early era of the world, and not as it was during the time of Equestria.

Ocean saw it as well and frowned. "Is it supposed to do that?"

Cosmos shook her head as Moon began to glow and grow. "I'm not sure. But this is still somewhat new to me as well. Not every group I do this with will get a dragon."

Ocean wondered what that could mean, as Moon's transformation ended after a moment.

Looking down, Moon grinned as she saw that she was now joined to a blue dragoness, whose eye colors shifted to her own as the dragoness opened them and looked up at her with a smile. "So what breath weapon do I get?" She asked as Cosmos flew up to their eye level.

Cosmos chuckled as she tapped her snout. "You breathe lightning, Moon. By the standards of the Chromatic family, you are the second most powerful behind the Red dragons. Rather handy I feel."

"And what about me?" Amber asked as she joined them.

Cosmos shrugged. "You come in third. But that only applies to universes where none of this exists. So do not think that means anything to us now."

Moon snorted, a bolt of lightning bouncing harmlessly off Cosmos' armor. She gulped sheepishly. "Sorry!" she mumbled, while her dragon rolled her eyes.

Cosmos giggled as she brushed her armor. "Don't be. My armor can take far worse than anything all of you combined could throw at me. I forged it to protect me from the very worst the multiverse could throw at me. Things that would make an easy meal out of this world and everything in it, and still have room for more."

Moon gulped as her dragon frowned. She didn't like the sound of that. "Like what?" her dragon asked.

Cosmos shook her head. "You are better off never knowing that. Some things are best left unknown. Not every universe is created the same, nor does it hold the same creatures. It's better this way I feel."

Moon and her dragon shared a worried look. They did not like the sound of that, as Moon looked up at the now stormy skies. Where the hay did all of that come from?

"We have control over the weather now," her dragon giggled in her mind. "Not as much as Pegasi do though. At least not yet we do not. My name is Sky, so we can skip not knowing each other's names."

Moon smiled as Cosmos returned to the ground and began to converse with Ocean Breeze. She liked the sound of that. And it made things so much easier now.


"So the multiverse is real then," Twilight said quietly to herself.

Cosmos nodded. "Indeed. There are rules that prevent certain universes from ever being born however. Degenerate filth that I refuse to even give names to."

Everyone winced, and even Dazzle could not help herself, for they could all hear the venom in Cosmos' words, and could only wonder what had brought this about. "It can't all be bad, I hope?" Orchid asked.

Cosmos shook her head with a smile. "No. But it would take too long to explain it all now," she replied.

Twilight, though, felt she needed to get something out of her system. "And what about me?"

Cosmos blinked, before leaning Dazzle down so they could talk to each other. "What about you?"

Twilight shook her head as she climbed onto the dragon's snout and marched right up to Cosmos' head, doing her best to ignore the glare she was getting in return. 'Easy. Do I get a dragon of my own? I'm feeling severely left out of all of this."

Cosmos blinked, before shaking her head. "Sorry. Exarchs and I only. And I am not sure if the three of us can share Dazzle between us. I will not cut Crystal out of this."

Twilight's ears fell. She had been afraid of that. "What about the old you and Ocean then? The story doesn't feel finished yet."

Ocean nodded with a wide grin. "Well..."

Author's Note:

Down to the final two now. Next is Ocean Breeze, and then Cosmos. I won't do one with all of their combined forms now. Or even their first Empress Dragon Form. That might change in the future though. So who knows?

Comments ( 1 )

great chapter i love who u picked for moon petal

Login or register to comment